ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on forum.kingstonian.net

The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Kingstonian 3-3 Margate by Olde School KsToday 08:21Today at 08:21:28view thread

Oldest article: Richard's archive in the comet by Taimour25/9/2018 18:12Tue Sep 25 18:12:25 2018view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Burgess Hill Town report by www.kingstonian.com21/3 14:11Thu Mar 21 14:11:26 2019view thread

Ks - structure - Brennan

By Taimour (WeHateWombles)20/3 09:41Wed Mar 20 09:41:39 2019

Views: 642

I'm away at the moment but I thought it might help to add the following:

What is in the Comet article reflects the view of Brennan (he may be right, he may be wrong) but it's incumbent on all of us at ks to reflect sincerely and openly about what went wrong this season. I think we can all agree that something HAS gone wrong and we don't want a repetition.

I don't profess to know what the right structure is nor do I think brennan is a saint ("there are no saints" - Iris Murdoch) but a very highly-rated (although no doubt flawed) manager is telling us that 1) we are not spending in the right way and 2) there is a system in place that will make life difficult for any manager coming in. And, yes, that system includes the way in which decisions and plans are communicated to players by a director in a manner that Brennan felt undermined him. Directors will always be "involved" but a working environment was created which - in his view - worsened dressing-room division. One issue Brennan had was players bypassing the management team.

The board are not unaware of this. We can also all surely agree that Brennan came across as an honest person.

So we need to listen. Because he had a solid record in the league above and came to ks with good intentions.
Of course non league players are often bad eggs. And of course managers are hard to deal with. But we have to reassess what's been going on.

(Brennan actually spoke very highly of the rest of the board, the fans and even defended Dynan, who he felt was given a "changed remit" of promotion.)

He also publicly called for lower wages with a better incentive structure. He was saying sensible things.

There has been talk of Brennan releasing too many of Dynan's squad. Perhaps. With the exception of Scott Davies, who else are people suggesting deserved to stay? Many were on high wages and we had lost 6 in a row. Those who left were either not playing or not playing well. There were issues with Tommy brewer which I won't detail.

Buchanan wanted to leave. I would also add that players Dynan had brought in were also susceptible to his influence after departure. Brennan did not inherit a functional or happy camp.

Let's all get behind Kim. Let's also try to learn from this season.

reply to this article | return to the front page

19 people like this 19 people   

Re: Ks - structure - Brennan

By supahoops720/3 19:04Wed Mar 20 19:04:05 2019In response to Ks - structure - Brennan Top of thread

Views: 439

Thank you for all of that. For me, it answers many
of my questions.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Previous thread: Article removed by Gary20/3 11:11Wed Mar 20 11:11:42 2019view thread