ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on forum.kingstonian.net

The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: Young Carers Day this Saturday by www.kingstonian.comToday 13:29Today at 13:29:30view thread

Oldest article: Bostik League Premier Division results by Football Web Pages.co.uk1/1 16:58Tue Jan 1 16:58:43 2019view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Sparkle Malawi after the cyclone by John Bangs27/3 08:07Wed Mar 27 08:07:25 2019view thread

Lewes match report

By www.kingstonian.com (fwpbot)24/3 23:03Sun Mar 24 23:03:31 2019

Views: 813

Simon Grier reports on...well, you know the routine.

Read the full news item at http://www.kingstonian.com/match/2018-2019/isthmian-football-league-premier-division/lewes/kingstonian/112459/report

reply to this article | return to the front page

1 person likes this 1 person   

Re: Lewes match report

By Taimour (WeHateWombles)25/3 09:10Mon Mar 25 09:10:03 2019In response to Lewes match reportTop of thread

Views: 786

"The run of 12 league games without a win has now topped the 11-game slump that saw Tommy Williams sacked, as well as any of the runs during the doomed 2004/05 season when Ks finished 13 points adrift at the foot of the table. Answers on a postcard as to whether there has ever before been such a long winless run in the club's history."

anyone got an answer to this? (by postcard or otherwise)

1 person dislikes this 1 person

By RichardNW25/3 09:21Mon Mar 25 09:21:14 2019In response to Re: Lewes match reportTop of thread

Views: 781

78/79 when we got relegated was pretty bad- you can check the old K's web. Two bad continuous runs that season with the end being something like 18 games without a win, but there were a few draws in among them and the odd cup tie as well.

By BE25/3 11:47Mon Mar 25 11:47:54 2019In response to Re: Lewes match reportTop of thread

Views: 734

Relegation looms! The whole team is so poor and not too bothered it would appear.

1 person likes this 1 person   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Iang25/3 12:51Mon Mar 25 12:51:04 2019In response to Re: Lewes match reportTop of thread

Views: 714

That "can't be bothered " is catching - I've seen my last Ks game this season - I realise I don't go every game like you guys buy I have seen 20 plus from afar .

I don't see youngsters like Whitehawk and Wingate blooded - the old lags on a good wage literally cannot be arsed - see Sam-Yorke et al on Saturday. The lad from AFCW was the only high spot for me.

Life is too short - see you all in August.

1 person likes this 1 person   2 people dislike this 2 people

By Perth WA Ks25/3 16:00Mon Mar 25 16:00:18 2019In response to Re: Lewes match reportTop of thread

Views: 644

What an absolute shame that it has got to this stage where supporters can't be arsed to go.

Surely after the truely disastrous mismanagement this season, you would have some kind of word coming from the top, even if it's to steady the ship and give some encouragement. There are just too few supporters at the club to ignore them, if you aren't careful it will be reciprocated.

Whoever the manager, players are brought in and then tossed aside, guess what, when the chips are down, who's gonna give a toss, not the players, they'll be pushed out again come the summer, so why should they bother.

Let's hope we hang on this season, let's hope the board have learnt their lesson and stop the merry go round.

This is such a bloody, awful mess.

6 people like this 6 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By K's196025/3 16:13Mon Mar 25 16:13:30 2019In response to Re: Lewes match reportTop of thread

Views: 658

Will relegation be such a bad thing ? perhaps it's time to pause for thought.

1 person likes this 1 person   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By a krinkly25/3 16:51Mon Mar 25 16:51:04 2019In response to Re: Lewes match reportTop of thread

Views: 650

Absolute number one priority should be a long term permanent home, more important than being promoted, winning/having a good cup run or even avoiding relegation. So no, being relegated wouldn't necessarily be so awful - as long as focus on a permanent home hasn't been blurred by this season's utter shambles.

'

1 person likes this 1 person   4 people dislike this 4 people

By reximus25/3 19:59Mon Mar 25 19:59:20 2019In response to Re: Lewes match reportTop of thread

Views: 613

being relegated wouldn't necessarily be so awful

Don't think I've ever disagreed with you more. Relegation would be a disaster.

In fact, and whilst I admire SDG for his polite restraint, I'll offer a pint to the best reply..!

rex

Edited by reximus at 20:49:47 on 25th March 2019

4 people like this 4 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Ali (ali.kazemi)26/3 11:11Tue Mar 26 11:11:04 2019In response to Re: Lewes match reportTop of thread

Views: 486

With you on this. The claim that being relegated wouldn't necessarily be so awful is one of the most ridiculous things I've heard on here for a long time.

Not only would it set us back years - I think the repercussions and implications on our status as s senior non league club would be quite serious.

6 people like this 6 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By SDG (SDG (Ks))25/3 17:10Mon Mar 25 17:10:38 2019In response to Re: Lewes match reportTop of thread

Views: 670

While a long term home is obviously the main thing the club needs, surely the more successful the club is the more it's going to be seen to be worth partnering with, worth sponsoring, worth supporting and worth fans going to see. All of which will make it easier to find a ground.

While we don't have a stable future off the pitch it's the absolute worst time to get relegated and it would be an absolute disaster for the club.

4 people like this 4 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By old and grey25/3 17:50Mon Mar 25 17:50:31 2019In response to Re: Lewes match reportTop of thread

Views: 619

I have to agree that relegation would be a disaster in the circumstances
the club finds itself in,
Being relegated a step is a drop into non-league oblivion,you will not
see our results in the national press for a start,and support would drain
away,
The board have to take on board the mistakes made,throwing money
hoping for instant success rarely comes off,they must from the end of
the season take a more realistic road for the future.
The next manager should have managed with a degree of success at
Bostik prem level,if they have come from a higher step they obviously
want a bigger budget to work with,and if coming from a lower level
as we have seen don't seem to have a clue.
But above all else we must remain a premier club.

2 people like this 2 people   

By a krinkly25/3 17:29Mon Mar 25 17:29:09 2019In response to Re: Lewes match reportTop of thread

Views: 641

SDG, will you be there tomorrow? We could chat.

'

1 person likes this 1 person   3 people dislike this 3 people

By SDG (SDG (Ks))25/3 18:03Mon Mar 25 18:03:56 2019In response to Re: Lewes match reportTop of thread

Views: 644

Yes I’ll be there and happy to chat but I think relegation would be an absolute death spiral for us. You have to remember the leagues at that level have been diluted quality-wise by restructuring since we were at that level. Ten of the 20 in that level have average crowds of under 100.

1 person likes this 1 person   

By jon tolley25/3 21:22Mon Mar 25 21:22:41 2019In response to Re: Lewes match reportTop of thread

Views: 591

any long term home plans require us to be Kingston (borough)’s main football team.

if we’re second to Cor-Cas, or as it stands fourth to Wombles, Chelsea Women and cor-Cas it’s gonna be hard for anyone with any decision making position to give a shit

Don’t think we will go down tho

5 people like this 5 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Morgs27/3 00:11Wed Mar 27 00:11:04 2019In response to Re: Lewes match reportTop of thread

Views: 457

Relegation would be a huge plus... Just so long as the team scoots home in the league and has a couple of decent runs in cups. Attendances and interest would rise.
Sadly, that's not a likely scenario, should the unthinkable happen.
Being down there for more than one season would almost certainly be hugely damaging.
Getting back up wouldn't be easy. Look at Hastings. How many years have they been down there now? How much bigger are they - and their gates - than the rest of a dumbed-down division?
Almost always going to be some "ambitious" club spunking money to be dealt with down there.
Relegation would likely be a disaster. May even be terminal. Won't happen though.

Previous thread: Tonight's game from the comfort of your own home by Taimour26/3 09:46Tue Mar 26 09:46:14 2019view thread