ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on forum.kingstonian.net

The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: Hornchurch Reaction by www.kingstonian.comYesterday 23:38Yesterday at 23:38:42view thread

Oldest article: Whitehawk by a krinkly28/9/2018 09:13Fri Sep 28 09:13:55 2018view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Corinthian-Casuals and Kingstonian to Extend Ground Share by www.kingstonian.com3/4 18:27Wed Apr 3 18:27:16 2019view thread

Where Are We Playing Next Season?

By Alastair1/4 11:03Mon Apr 1 11:03:36 2019

Views: 879

The league deadline has passed - and still no news!

This is totally unacceptable, from people who should know better. What is this club without its fans, now we have no tangible assets apart from our supporter base and goodwill? It's simply not right to treat our loyal supporters (and sponsors, by the way) in this manner.

The forms MUST be signed - why do we still not know?

And even if we get a news item about it out today, why have we waited until the last possible minute?

Edited by Alastair at 11:04:03 on 1st April 2019

reply to this article | return to the front page

8 people like this 8 people   3 people dislike this 3 people

Re: Where Are We Playing Next Season?

By The PKK (PKK1)3/4 09:21Wed Apr 3 09:21:35 2019In response to Where Are We Playing Next Season?Top of thread

Views: 492

The PKK has been in contact with our friends from Corinthian-Casuals. We are told the Club has an agreement for a year this season (2018-19) with the option for a further year’s extension. It is understood that we will now be triggering this extension and thus playing at KGF next season.

No great surprise to anyone, I guess. And obviously not official, confirmed, etc until you hear it from the Board.

3 people like this 3 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)3/4 11:06Wed Apr 3 11:06:55 2019In response to Re: Where Are We Playing Next Season?Top of thread

Views: 444

Well that was simple was it not.
An answer to a very simple question,although not from the soarse one was hoping.
One certainly wonders why on such a simple matter as where we play next season,with such a simple and uncomplicated answer,we could not get such an pronouncement from our board of governers.
Times seem so complicated these days.

1 person likes this 1 person   

By The PKK (PKK1)3/4 11:24Wed Apr 3 11:24:21 2019In response to Re: Where Are We Playing Next Season?Top of thread

Views: 476

One certainly wonders why on such a simple matter as where we play next season,with such a simple and uncomplicated answer,we could not get such an pronouncement from our board of governers.

Yeah, we can only sympathise. In fact, the original draft of our message (above) included something along the lines of:

"We can only apologise for the lack of communication from the board and as always will do our best to provide information as we receive it"

1 person likes this 1 person   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By John Bangs1/4 20:02Mon Apr 1 20:02:09 2019In response to Where Are We Playing Next Season?Top of thread

Views: 674

I think what you are perhaps missing is that the publicity arrangements need to be agreed with the other club in question who will want to control the publicity - ie not leaked via this website.

This is I agree frustrating but the information is not solely the property of the club’s directors

3 people like this 3 people   7 people dislike this 7 people

By Alastair2/4 11:53Tue Apr 2 11:53:32 2019In response to Re: Where Are We Playing Next Season?Top of thread

Views: 499

"the information is not solely the property of the club’s directors"

I accept that this is true, and probably should have qualified my initial posting to that extent, so it's fair to point that out John.

However I fail to see how the discussions behind the scenes preclude giving the supporters ANY update whatsoever for the entire season. Personally, I'd give a monthly update, even if it just said "there have been no significant developments in the last month but the board remain in discussions and these continue to be held in good faith with every prospect of a solution being found" - or similar.

The silence is counter-productive and makes it seem there is something to hide when there very probably isn't. It also fits into the overall narrative of a non-collaborative approach, which given the talent and ability we have in our fanbase, is a mistake in my opinion.

6 people like this 6 people   

By a krinkly1/4 11:54Mon Apr 1 11:54:48 2019In response to Where Are We Playing Next Season?Top of thread

Views: 809

Assume it's KGF, that's all we can do until....

'

2 people like this 2 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By BE2/4 15:16Tue Apr 2 15:16:09 2019In response to Re: Where Are We Playing Next Season?Top of thread

Views: 551

The worrying thing is that CC our landlords are not paying anything towards improvements. Logically they don't pay their players but take gate receipts, profits from bar & food truck, so should be a lot better off then us!

1 person likes this 1 person   3 people dislike this 3 people

By John Bangs2/4 18:43Tue Apr 2 18:43:26 2019In response to Re: Where Are We Playing Next Season?Top of thread

Views: 514

This ignores the fact that Kingstonian is substantially funded by its owners and sponsors. The money for the ground development comes from the AFC payment It is matched by Casuals with the value of the lease on the ground which is substantial.

2 people like this 2 people   3 people dislike this 3 people

By BedfordshireK2/4 19:20Tue Apr 2 19:20:07 2019In response to Re: Where Are We Playing Next Season?Top of thread

Views: 492

That would make sense if we weren’t paying any rent. If it’s only a temporary agreement, it would be farcical if we’ve negotiated a deal where we pay rent, and pay all the money to upgrade the ground.

3 people like this 3 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By John Bangs2/4 19:54Tue Apr 2 19:54:37 2019In response to Re: Where Are We Playing Next Season?Top of thread

Views: 465

It would indeed be rediculous - so I don’t know why we are discussing this.

There is no way the Club’s will spend a lot of money to upgrade the ground if there is only a temporary agreement.

5 people like this 5 people   2 people dislike this 2 people

By reximus2/4 20:13Tue Apr 2 20:13:26 2019In response to Re: Where Are We Playing Next Season?Top of thread

Views: 482

"There is no way the Club’s will spend A LOT [my emphasis] of money to upgrade the ground if there is only a temporary agreement."

Exactly. Define "a lot".

Because my understanding is that the AFCW money was to secure our long term future, not fritter away on short term improvements at temporary ground-shares.

rex

1 person likes this 1 person   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By a krinkly3/4 07:57Wed Apr 3 07:57:36 2019In response to Re: Where Are We Playing Next Season?Top of thread

Views: 458

My recollection of the AFCW money conditions is that it's ring fenced apart from a modest amount to fund ground rentals while sharing. It seems to be generally understood that we helped to fund the floodlight upgrade at KGF, if this was in leiu of ground rental (speculation) then it sounds like a very sensible move to me, and a clue that long term KGF is indeed a serious intention.

'

Edited by a krinkly at 08:05:39 on 3rd April 2019

2 people like this 2 people   2 people dislike this 2 people

By John Bangs3/4 05:34Wed Apr 3 05:34:58 2019In response to Re: Where Are We Playing Next Season?Top of thread

Views: 468

It’s interesting that you are responding to what Ollie understands, when his source of information is Leigh Dynan. I cannot tell whether Ollie has misunderstood what Leigh said or Leigh has misunderstood what is happening . In any case the tail we have does not make sense as Taimour so aptly explained.

This must be just about the first time you have set any store but what Leigh has said.

By reximus3/4 08:12Wed Apr 3 08:12:04 2019In response to Re: Where Are We Playing Next Season?Top of thread

Views: 461

No, John. I was replying to you.

rex

1 person likes this 1 person   

By Gary (gekins)2/4 15:35Tue Apr 2 15:35:35 2019In response to Re: Where Are We Playing Next Season?Top of thread

Views: 569

It's so true. Maybe it's something we should be asking. Where does their money go...?

5 people like this 5 people   3 people dislike this 3 people

By John Bangs2/4 18:48Tue Apr 2 18:48:04 2019In response to Re: Where Are We Playing Next Season?Top of thread

Views: 470

The Corinthian Casuals Committee is elected by their members and reports to their members but I can’t see on what basis we can expect them to report to this forum.

5 people like this 5 people   4 people dislike this 4 people

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)1/4 12:15Mon Apr 1 12:15:58 2019In response to Re: Where Are We Playing Next Season?Top of thread

Views: 807

Best not to assume with our lot.
Think the message to fans from the Board is
Whats it got to do with you....

2 people like this 2 people   3 people dislike this 3 people

By reximus1/4 16:31Mon Apr 1 16:31:44 2019In response to Re: Where Are We Playing Next Season?Top of thread

Views: 698

Best not to assume with our lot.
Think the message to fans from the Board is
Whats it got to do with you....

This reads like a Ks Directors Haiku :)

rex

2 people like this 2 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By K's19601/4 16:13Mon Apr 1 16:13:52 2019In response to Re: Where Are We Playing Next Season?Top of thread

Views: 707

When I was asked at the beginning of the season if I wanted to participate in "Boost the Budget", I refused for many reasons, funny my inbox has been quiet since then. What's it got to do with me ? my bloody pittance of a state pension for one !!!!

3 people like this 3 people   

Previous thread: Margate match report by www.kingstonian.com2/4 21:01Tue Apr 2 21:01:44 2019view thread