ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on forum.kingstonian.net

The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: Saturday's match v Dartford by www.kingstonian.comToday 12:00Today at 12:00:22view thread

Oldest article: Bostik League Premier Division results by Football Web Pages.co.uk12/11/2018 21:45Mon Nov 12 21:45:29 2018view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Remember 18th April 2000 F A Trophy Semi Final by Adelaide Clive18/4 08:47Thu Apr 18 08:47:02 2019view thread

Promoting Ks as a family friendly club

By John Bangs16/4 07:23Tue Apr 16 07:23:59 2019

Views: 575

Our new club mascot Kingstonian Ted is aimed at encouraging increased attendances from families with children and having a bit of fun on match days. This is designed to enhance the efforts of our Supporters Club, Kingstonian Youth and the Club’s Board in promoting Kingstonian as a family friendly club with strong links into the local community.

We plan to continue initiatives like our free under 18 season tickets, youth team members attending as match day mascots and our young carer days.

Next season Ted will be hosting a Teddy Bear themed family day and will also feature in marketing aimed at attracting families and younger fans. Ted will also feature regularly in match day programmes with other initiatives yet to be announced.

reply to this article | return to the front page

9 people like this 9 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

Re: Promoting Ks as a family friendly club

By Lesmundo17/4 16:04Wed Apr 17 16:04:14 2019In response to Promoting Ks as a family friendly club Top of thread

Views: 424

Why isn't it kids go free, rather than free season tickets? Parents feel like they can't go if they lose the season ticket, and the tickets also cost money. Make it simple and more cost-effective. I gave this feedback to the board before when I gave out the season tickets to schools as part of the community coaching campaign, as that was mentioned as an issue by a number of parents.

1 person likes this 1 person   

By John Bangs17/4 19:22Wed Apr 17 19:22:22 2019In response to Re: Promoting Ks as a family friendly club Top of thread

Views: 351

Thanks that’s useful feedback.

The point you make is new to me and I think what you say makes good sense.

I will talk to John Fenwick and Yioryos about whether we can fine tune this to reflect what you say

2 people like this 2 people   

By a krinkly17/4 16:26Wed Apr 17 16:26:12 2019In response to Re: Promoting Ks as a family friendly club Top of thread

Views: 404

Visiting clubs kids go free surely, so is an actual plastic kids season ticket still required these days? If I can browbeat my grandson enough to come Saturday I don't expect to pay for him even without the bit of plastic, the website just says under 18's FREE.

'

By jon tolley17/4 19:32Wed Apr 17 19:32:43 2019In response to Re: Promoting Ks as a family friendly club Top of thread

Views: 363

The tickets should be something if we retain data for further promo. if we don’t have a way of using this for further marketing, then, yeah, agreed

3 people like this 3 people   

By BE16/4 09:02Tue Apr 16 09:02:59 2019In response to Promoting Ks as a family friendly club Top of thread

Views: 531

What about a summer festival at KGF. Local traders fun fair etc. Free entry and tickets for matches etc.

4 people like this 4 people   

By John Bangs16/4 23:33Tue Apr 16 23:33:22 2019In response to Re: Promoting Ks as a family friendly club Top of thread

Views: 411

That sounds a very good idea. It would take a lot of planning but it’s certainly worth considering

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)16/4 11:38Tue Apr 16 11:38:24 2019In response to Re: Promoting Ks as a family friendly club Top of thread

Views: 500

Great ideas coming in but probably as far as it will go.
No shops open Sunday so you will notice the local pubs and clubs doung all they can to encourage the public,thats you and me,to get up and come to your local ameniaties with singers,bouncy castles and bar-b-q's.Thats how it has to be.Make an effort and people will respond.Ks would be no different.

Previous thread: Player of the year by a krinkly12/4 15:14Fri Apr 12 15:14:59 2019view thread