ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on forum.kingstonian.net

The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Statement from the Directors and Board by JamieBToday 14:14Today at 14:14:01view thread

Oldest article: PAYG season ticket by andycowl20/8/2018 12:28Mon Aug 20 12:28:16 2018view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Merstham 2-0 Kingstonian by www.kingstonian.com22/4 17:58Mon Apr 22 17:58:50 2019view thread

Bostik League Premier Division results

By Football Web Pages.co.uk (fwpbot)20/4 17:00Sat Apr 20 17:00:49 2019

Views: 598

The following results have been recorded in the Bostik League Premier Division:

Saturday 20th April 2019

Brightlingsea Regent(0)10(0)Leatherhead[233]
Dorking Wanderers(2)20(0)Bognor Regis Town[659]
Folkestone Invicta(1)40(0)Haringey Borough[583]
Harlow Town(0)13(1)Enfield Town[339]
Kingstonian(1)23(1)AFC Hornchurch[298]
Lewes(1)13(2)Bishop's Stortford[691]
Potters Bar Town(0)22(2)Corinthian-Casuals[221]
Whitehawk(0)01(1)Merstham[380]
Wingate & Finchley(0)01(0)Margate[158]

The league table is now up-to-date

Get Football Web Pages for Android or iOS now

reply to this article | return to the front page

2 people dislike this 2 people

Re: Bostik League Premier Division results

By reximus20/4 17:16Sat Apr 20 17:16:21 2019In response to Bostik League Premier Division resultsTop of thread

Views: 569

By my reckoning, after both Whitehawk and Wingate & Finchley also lost today, we are now officially safe from relegation.

rex

Edited by reximus at 17:16:48 on 20th April 2019

5 people like this 5 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By SDG (SDG (Ks))20/4 23:01Sat Apr 20 23:01:24 2019In response to Re: Bostik League Premier Division resultsTop of thread

Views: 462

Mathematically safe indeed but absolutely no cause whatsoever for celebration, merely for relief, and the true time to celebrate will be at 16:45 next Saturday when we'll finally be at the end of this miserable season. Unlike our last two relegation escapes we haven't even achieved it by turning our form around and winning some games, rather we've just been lucky that our opponents below us have been almost as bad as we have and they've now run out of games. Today was, again, poor with yet another home loss to a team from near the bottom of the league.

This time last season I posted how it was the most unenjoyable season I could ever remember; yet, somehow, this one has managed to trump it, with Dynan and the board raising expectations sky high only for us to endure a dreadful league campaign, the standard cup embarrassments and an overall sense of utter chaos at the club, particularly the Brennan debacle and however many dozens of players we ended up using. Frankly I can't wait for a summer away from football; hopefully the club can use the time to rebuild and improve, etc etc, but having said that both the previous two summers I'll be keeping my expectations well in check.

Edited by SDG (Ks) at 23:02:04 on 20th April 2019

8 people like this 8 people   

By Lesmundo21/4 10:26Sun Apr 21 10:26:46 2019In response to Re: Bostik League Premier Division resultsTop of thread

Views: 360

Why don't people tell us what the plan is to get things right next season? I understand that the board may not know the next manager, but we need some hope that this is going to be sorted, otherwise people who have given up this season, including me, won't be back next season.

Our playing squad was talked up so much before last season, I put £25e/w on it, and now feel like such a dick for having a bit of faith. It has been so depressing, terrible results and performances, loads of bitchiness, and finding out the manager was way less qualified than me made it difficult for me to take.

We need to show that going forward there are going to be some proper standards. There is clearly a lot wrong, but we could start by having a plan of how we are going to build. We need to know what we are looking for in a manager, what sort of players we are going to sign, what kind of football we are going to play, etc. This cannot be fucked up again otherwise more fans will leave and the board will piss more of their money down the drain.

3 people like this 3 people   

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)20/4 19:55Sat Apr 20 19:55:14 2019In response to Re: Bostik League Premier Division resultsTop of thread

Views: 491

So let the party begin and the info from the out of touch out of ideas board to tell us the managerial and player plans for next season.
Hope thats not too much to ask but doubtfull

1 person likes this 1 person   3 people dislike this 3 people

By a krinkly20/4 21:18Sat Apr 20 21:18:30 2019In response to Re: Bostik League Premier Division resultsTop of thread

Views: 459

Well I'm just about to sit back with a nice Welsh On The Rocks, so the party's started here.

1 person likes this 1 person   3 people dislike this 3 people

Olé Olé, Olé Olé, staying up up up

By John Bangs20/4 21:40Sat Apr 20 21:40:03 2019In response to Re: Bostik League Premier Division resultsTop of thread

Views: 471

Olé Olé, Olé Olé, staying up up up

COYKs

3 people like this 3 people   3 people dislike this 3 people

Re: Olé Olé, Olé Olé, staying up up up

By KsOllie20/4 23:36Sat Apr 20 23:36:43 2019In response to Olé Olé, Olé Olé, staying up up upTop of thread

Views: 436

How has our season come to celebrating staying up, honestly I now can’t wait for this season to be over. Started bad, got better and then we’ll I honestly don’t know how to explain the fall down.

It has taught me not to get my hopes up. Even if we try to ‘buy ‘ the league. The 2019 pain of the 2018/19 season is nearly finished. Thankfully I have seen Ks win before I turn 25.( with 4 weeks to spare) Thank ****, God didn’t think I’d be saying that at the beginning of January.

Onto Mondays game #COYKs

1 person likes this 1 person   

By a krinkly21/4 00:36Sun Apr 21 00:36:33 2019In response to Re: Olé Olé, Olé Olé, staying up up upTop of thread

Views: 441

Oh I'm not celebrating staying up Ollie, relegation was only ever a nagging possibility in my mind. I had the drink I promised myself just before the final whistle blew because I'd endured yet another god awful match.

2 people like this 2 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By JohnnyD20/4 23:35Sat Apr 20 23:35:05 2019In response to Olé Olé, Olé Olé, staying up up upTop of thread

Views: 430

You two really are becoming a top trolls!

The fact that neither of you can see that is the most tragic aspect of your utter delusion.

People who love this club are hurting and you two just continue to take the mick.

I’d rather stand with people who get angry and show fight in the face of adversity than those who appear to revel in failure.

3 people like this 3 people   4 people dislike this 4 people

By RichardNW22/4 11:13Mon Apr 22 11:13:24 2019In response to Re: Olé Olé, Olé Olé, staying up up upTop of thread

Views: 278

@ Johnny

What I don't get is this "anger".

Disappointment and frustration at several poor seasons is understandable but things getting to the stage where fans are having a go at other fans and having a go at the board just seems OTT. More than anything this has what has been depressing about the season and this forum over the last few months when fans who basically want the same thing are falling out over very little.

What is this anger about? That a team whose support has never been much above 300 since the Conference and is currently homeless without much in the way of a revenue stream is not doing better? Anger at the board for not finding a permanent home in the borough within 2-3 years with £1m to spend? Anger at the board for picking 2 or 3 managers that didn't work out? Anger at lack of communication from the board? Anger at fans for trying to promote the club with a Teddy Bear?

I think the divisions between fans are pretty minor to be honest. There were fans who wanted Dynan gone ages ago and said so loudly. There were fans who probably privately agreed with that view but wanted to try and stay positive rather than build an atmosphere of doom and gloom around the place and just leave that decision up to the board. A board who know what it would cost to get rid of him and what the alternatives might be or a chance that a young manager might just be on a learning curve or simply to not be seen as a sacking club that might make other managers think twice before applying.

I'm sure most fans would like to see more communication from the board and more liaison with fans, but some care about this with a passion while to others it isn't that big a deal. The only thing I really care about is the permanent ground situation and it'd be nice to know more but I'm willing to accept there may be confidential reasons for not saying much at any given time.

And same applies to PKK- I can take a view that some of the things they say or do I don't agree with but I can also be pleased when they do something I do agree with- like running a coach or putting on a great party for the last game at Kingsmeadow and I can respect them as genuine fans even if I don't agree all the time. I don't feel a strong need to slag them off.

Personally I think anger should be reserved for people like Khosla not fans who might have a slightly different view of things or a board who may or may not be getting a few things wrong. I know it is hippie dippie to say "can't we all just get along" but I think it is well worth trying to put your point of view across without resorting to having a dig at other fans in the process because all this does it make everyone more unhappy and achieves nothing.

13 people like this 13 people   2 people dislike this 2 people

By a krinkly22/4 16:22Mon Apr 22 16:22:22 2019In response to Re: Olé Olé, Olé Olé, staying up up upTop of thread

Views: 215

Excellent post as ever Richard.

I have to admit to being a bit annoyed as one of the targets of that late night tirade, annoyed enough to find myself poised over delete contact for a communications medium I've shared with John for a while. But life has taught me bridges should never be burnt on a spur of the moment decision. I've known him well enough to believe the timing of that post on a Saturday night could have something to do with the apparent anger expressed, so annoyance subsided and that particular contact point remains intact.

I'm totally with you on the permanent home situation, as far as I'm concerned it's by far the most important issue. Personally I'd love it to be KGF, the place just feels RIGHT. However I'm not the only one to find a bit of an anomaly between
our stated desire to explore a long term relationship with Corinthian-Casuals and our attempted big push for promotion this season, because KGF currently wouldn't have been suitable. There's been terrace talk about Chelsea wanting us to return to Kingsmeadow when their tennants eventually move out, terrace talk also about Chelsea Ladies entry prices being slashed because gates are plummeting, future factors? I feel as in dark as everyone else.

By Paddy (Paddy1)21/4 09:32Sun Apr 21 09:32:38 2019In response to Re: Olé Olé, Olé Olé, staying up up upTop of thread

Views: 386

"I’d rather stand with people who get angry and show fight in the face of adversity than those who appear to revel in failure."

100%. The only thing worth celebrating this season is that it's almost over, although that is a double edged sword because it means next season is getting closer which going on the last few years records will be a shambles too.

3 people like this 3 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)21/4 07:25Sun Apr 21 07:25:49 2019In response to Re: Olé Olé, Olé Olé, staying up up upTop of thread

Views: 410

Not sure anyone taking the mick but it would be almost understandable after this season's complete debacle is over.
Again and yet again,now the dust is settling,what are the immediate plans.We must not just drift into next season withought some thought and idea of where we go from this dreadfull point.
Chelsea will always be grateful to Mr Abromonich for the efforts and the cash he has always be able to put in but does anyone believe he knows how to run a football club.
No of coarse not but he makes sure he has the right people in place at every level.So if we are thankfull to our owners for the cash input can they please ensure the right people are in place with ideas of how to run a successful football club.
With arguments in place remember we are all on the same side.

By K's196021/4 10:28Sun Apr 21 10:28:57 2019In response to Re: Olé Olé, Olé Olé, staying up up upTop of thread

Views: 364

two reasons I like the end of the season: 1) my blood pressure has time to recover & 2) I am looking forward to next season.

2 people like this 2 people   

Previous thread: Non-Footy by K's196022/4 10:42Mon Apr 22 10:42:32 2019view thread