ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on forum.kingstonian.net

The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: Kingstonian in joint charity event with Corinthian… by www.kingstonian.comToday 16:53Today at 16:53:32view thread

Oldest article: Today's programme by Taimour2/2 07:19Sat Feb 2 07:19:20 20191 person dislikes this 1 personview thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: ex player by tim25/4 19:21Thu Apr 25 19:21:51 2019view thread

Known trouble makers

By Lesmundo22/4 16:22Mon Apr 22 16:22:02 2019

Views: 986

Just seen the poster regarding the two banned supporters being circulated to away grounds.

Not only is referring to two supporters (who have supported the club through thick and thin for over 20 years) in this way disgusting and outrageous, but the club could also be on very shaky ground legally by doing this. Even if the home ban is lifted at the end of the season, how can they guarantee they will not be banned from these grounds.

If I didn't know better, it looks like the board are trying to rip the heart out of the club, rather than build for the future. If the board don't like criticism then they need to start making some better decisions IE: not hiring a manager who doesn't even have a level 2 certificate, like they did with Dynan.

What a joke.

Edited by Lesmundo at 16:24:04 on 22nd April 2019

reply to this article | return to the front page

12 people like this 12 people   3 people dislike this 3 people

Re: Known trouble makers

By a krinkly22/4 18:12Mon Apr 22 18:12:42 2019In response to Known trouble makersTop of thread

Views: 827

Do you know if it's been sent to all the Bostick Premier clubs, or just those we had matches with following Lewes? The only valid reason I can think of for sending out something like that is it's been imposed on the club as mandatory by the authorities following Lewes. If it's not then then all I can think is WTF!

1 person likes this 1 person   2 people dislike this 2 people

By Peter Borrett22/4 18:34Mon Apr 22 18:34:45 2019In response to Re: Known trouble makersTop of thread

Views: 782

I am not posting this as I have a particular view on the incidents or the banning of two supporters but just information I have just looked up on the FA website. There is a section Crowd Management Measures. FA guide for football clubs.
Item 32 Liaison with the visiting club. Last paragraph.

Hopefully those concerned will return for next year and at that time have an opportunity to ‘clear the air’ with the club

3 people like this 3 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Butler22/4 16:57Mon Apr 22 16:57:27 2019In response to Known trouble makersTop of thread

Views: 853

Not content with banning loyal fans without even having the decency to talk to them in person, the club are continuing the vilification by producing posters with their names and potentially libellous accusations.

Not only that but I’m pretty sure the sharing of individual data without consent isn’t legal either. Then it also appears they have taken their pictures from Facebook, which I think could land the club in hot water should the individuals wish to take it further.

I understand the banned fans have contacted the club to ask for specific information regarding these allegations but this has been refused. They have now named with pictures these fans who I call my friends of 20 years ‘known trouble makers’. This is an absolutely disgusting action by the club and is going to massively backfire.

12 people like this 12 people   2 people dislike this 2 people

By Paddy (Paddy1)23/4 17:56Tue Apr 23 17:56:09 2019In response to Re: Known trouble makersTop of thread

Views: 587

100% GDPR infringement for certain at a minimum unless those affected gave the club permission to use their likeness & real names to be DISPLAYED at other clubs. If it's kept internal it doesn't matter but given that even I have seen these posters (& I haven't even been to a game since Lewes away - don't worry I've not been banned too) it is anything BUT kept internal.

To the Kingstonian legal team... I have a costco membership, more than happy to bulk buy you some toilet paper for all the shitting yourself you must be doing right now.

5 people like this 5 people   2 people dislike this 2 people

By JamieB (jmbrilley)23/4 23:45Tue Apr 23 23:45:24 2019In response to Re: Known trouble makersTop of thread

Views: 552

Are both clubs in breach or just the one in this case?

1 person likes this 1 person   

By Paddy (Paddy1)24/4 17:48Wed Apr 24 17:48:11 2019In response to Re: Known trouble makersTop of thread

Views: 531

I think ultimately it's down to whoever put it on public display in all honesty & iirc it's an individual person who gets the legal backlash more so than the company that employs them. My bit about the Kingstonian legal team shitting themselves was a joke... I mean... the reality of it is my costco membership ran out last month & I've yet to renew.

5 people like this 5 people   

By JohnnyD22/4 17:21Mon Apr 22 17:21:13 2019In response to Re: Known trouble makersTop of thread

Views: 837

I agree with you both. I’m sure that the club consulted a decent lawyer before issuing a poster that contains more than a few potentially actionable offences. If not, I guess it’s something to be added to the litany of huge errors of the past few seasons.

Turning on loyal home and away fans of more than 20 years standing is a silly way of trying to distract people from the utter crapfest of the past few seasons, and in particular, the one thankfully coming to an end now.

Edited by JohnnyD at 17:21:58 on 22nd April 2019

11 people like this 11 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)22/4 18:30Mon Apr 22 18:30:58 2019In response to Re: Known trouble makersTop of thread

Views: 757

Its not like days gone by where the board where honourable and highly thought of individuals with much business experience.
This lot may well,we dont know,have rushed in and promoted innocent people details around with no regard to data protection.
They dont have a clue how to run a football club its more than likeley that they have jumped too far once again.
Decent stewarding from the start and proper and fair pay would have solved the problem

3 people like this 3 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Ohdear (Ksuals)22/4 19:01Mon Apr 22 19:01:50 2019In response to Re: Known trouble makersTop of thread

Views: 742

Maybe sometimes they days gone by were as bad. As a Ks fan you of all people should know that.

1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)22/4 19:43Mon Apr 22 19:43:23 2019In response to Re: Known trouble makersTop of thread

Views: 759

Not perfect in days gone by but never a shambles as we have now.
I do think because of some poor or non existing stewarding we have this problem.Not all stewards are poor but all are poorly paid.
Reep and sow.
As we look up to our Casuals friends and a team who just escaped relegation,we share a ground with no beer,no manager and no hope
Its not all our fault

1 person likes this 1 person   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Ohdear (Ksuals)22/4 21:49Mon Apr 22 21:49:12 2019In response to Re: Known trouble makersTop of thread

Views: 676

Shame non league needs stewards for more than help out things like where the tea bar is and parking. Suppose the tired 'pashun' justification

1 person likes this 1 person   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)22/4 21:59Mon Apr 22 21:59:17 2019In response to Re: Known trouble makersTop of thread

Views: 707

Yep shame but take worst case sinario always and the crowds need protection sometimes from themselves and sometimes something untoward happening.You let them in you need to look after them.
As seen in times gone by,tragedy or something more simple can never be taken for granted.
Stewarding of the upmost importence but as you say its a shame

Previous thread: Merstham match report by www.kingstonian.com24/4 11:16Wed Apr 24 11:16:02 2019view thread