ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on forum.kingstonian.net

The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: BetVictor Isthmian Premier Division results by reximusToday 18:00Today at 18:00:06view thread

Oldest article: Travel Guide to Whitehawk by www.kingstonian.com24/9/2018 23:09Mon Sep 24 23:09:27 2018view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Saturday's match v Leatherhead by www.kingstonian.com26/4 12:00Fri Apr 26 12:00:20 2019view thread

More disappointing results

By BE23/4 12:17Tue Apr 23 12:17:20 2019

Views: 660

Saturday & Monday saw very poor performances with very little to cheer about. One League win this year and it doesn't improve. Please can we have a new manager who can turn this around next season. Kim Harris despite a lot of support is not that person.

Edited by BE at 12:18:03 on 23rd April 2019

reply to this article | return to the front page

3 people like this 3 people   

Re: More disappointing results

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)23/4 12:58Tue Apr 23 12:58:17 2019In response to More disappointing resultsTop of thread

Views: 654

Kim the nicest man one could get and so gratefull to him in the past for what he has done,but,this club is now so broken only someone completely new with no ties to the club would have any chance.
One also doubts the board are at all capable of apointing a new manager to solve all the problems we have.They,the Board, through their incapabilities and there stuborness and attitude to fans are a done deal as it now stands.
Where that takes us one could only imagine but please heads out of the sand and face up to what you need to do.

3 people like this 3 people   3 people dislike this 3 people

By a krinkly23/4 16:42Tue Apr 23 16:42:37 2019In response to Re: More disappointing resultsTop of thread

Views: 571

Only someone completely new etc

But haven't we already tried that three times recently?

2 people like this 2 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)23/4 17:27Tue Apr 23 17:27:25 2019In response to Re: More disappointing resultsTop of thread

Views: 530

Try try and try again.
Maybe try and try and try and try again.
Maybe the wrong people doing the trying

1 person dislikes this 1 person

By BE23/4 14:33Tue Apr 23 14:33:03 2019In response to Re: More disappointing resultsTop of thread

Views: 584

Community club run by the fans?

By Alastair23/4 14:45Tue Apr 23 14:45:45 2019In response to Re: More disappointing resultsTop of thread

Views: 581

Not this old chestnut again, please.

Nobody in their right mind would take on full responsibility for a limited company without seeing any financial information whatsoever. Supporters were given no option but to vote 'no' in that farcical referendum.

It seems pretty obvious from my viewpoint that we need to forge a middle way from now on: yes, remain a limited company with the directors calling the shots, but also engage with supporters and ask for their help and assistance in making things better. There are so many people who would be so willing to help in various ways if they felt that it would be beneficial and valuable. It feels very much like if you're not part of the inner circle, you're held deliberately at arms length. I really don't understand this. All the directors run their own businesses and have busy lives. Wouldn't they value some assistance?

4 people like this 4 people   

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)23/4 15:43Tue Apr 23 15:43:56 2019In response to Re: More disappointing resultsTop of thread

Views: 550

Agree with you but with any Board,if you dont have the time dont go on it.
Arms length always a problem.They dont want anybody too close,even the good and those capable.
Supporters run club never but when they the Directers try to pass it on to us with an inherited debt it is madness anyway.What would be good to know.......
Is our money from AFC still intact ?

1 person likes this 1 person   2 people dislike this 2 people

By BE23/4 15:01Tue Apr 23 15:01:20 2019In response to Re: More disappointing resultsTop of thread

Views: 593

There is a strong rumour circulating regarding that the Board have been contacted by Chelsea FC about us going back to KM when the Wombles move out. Any news on this?

3 people like this 3 people   3 people dislike this 3 people

By Paddy (Paddy1)23/4 18:11Tue Apr 23 18:11:30 2019In response to Re: More disappointing resultsTop of thread

Views: 514

I have mixed feelings about this. I'd love the club to move back to KM if offered the opportunity but I can't help but feel we'd not be given a deal that would make it worth while. Obviously we'd never receive the same terms that AFCW gave us but out of a choice of blowing away rental on KM or slowly blowing away rental on KGF (with any potential of future part ownership if that was ever/is still a thing) I'd remain at KGF. If we were still in Leatherhead that would be a different story.

2 people like this 2 people   2 people dislike this 2 people

By Butler24/4 09:11Wed Apr 24 09:11:50 2019In response to Re: More disappointing resultsTop of thread

Views: 441

Can’t say I’ve heard any kind of rumour of us moving back to KM. Is this genuine? Has anyone else heard it and if so from who?

I’m struggling to believe this is anything other then complete waffle but if I was given the choice of part owning KGF or being tenants at KM then it’s an easy decision.

Kingsmeadow all day!!

There are a lot of pro’s and cons to this of course,most of which have already been stated in this thread. But there is something quite magical about KM. Even with all the changes it’s been through since it was OUR ground. It’s where I saw K’s play for the very first time and holds a great deal of fantastic memories to us all. I still have my brick from the KRE after the Wombles had demolished it!

Also it would be great to be able to change my last memory of being at Kingsmeadow,getting physically removed from the ground by 6 of the Wombles rent-a-stewards!

5 people like this 5 people   

By ollie24/4 10:18Wed Apr 24 10:18:41 2019In response to Re: More disappointing resultsTop of thread

Views: 402

I concur. As long as any deal is right (i.e. not a 10-year fix to then find ourselves homeless again with no income source), to me it's a no-brainer.

By Ohdear (Ksuals)24/4 09:18Wed Apr 24 09:18:16 2019In response to Re: More disappointing resultsTop of thread

Views: 413

If personal memories hold sway bring back Richmond Road. Mind an improved KGF more in keeping with KS norm. Few hundred rattling around Kingsmeadow -awful

2 people like this 2 people   

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)24/4 09:35Wed Apr 24 09:35:00 2019In response to Re: More disappointing resultsTop of thread

Views: 415

There is the problem mooted by the the few not the many that only a few hundred people around Kingsmeadow.
When we moved to Kingston Road the wheels to great extent had come off and dreams may have been for a few milling around the place but with good stewardship of our club and a will to succeed and with some brilliant players contracted in we progressed to our best ever times in the league,brilliant crowds,a fine reputation and of coarse Wembley.
That was more than just a dream it was a possitive road that we took and it paid off.
Many have fallen never to rise again but many others have risen again.The the right people at the helm as before we to can rise again

By a krinkly23/4 18:28Tue Apr 23 18:28:30 2019In response to Re: More disappointing resultsTop of thread

Views: 522

If it was a return to Kingsmeadow would we feel 'at home' there still? Chelsea's ground, Chelsea ground rules. Do you remember that brief period about a year before we left when some new stewards were stopping fans from standing against the railings because that was against regulations for near full house AFCW matches.
Less stringent ground rules is one of the attractions of footy at our level.

Also we'd never be anything other than tennants at Kingsmeadow, KGF could if the right circumstances came about be partly ours.

By BE24/4 10:17Wed Apr 24 10:17:26 2019In response to Re: More disappointing resultsTop of thread

Views: 401

KM up to Football league standard. KGF just gets about a C grading. A lot needs doing to get anywhere near a Conference ground. So if we ever went up, a long way off at the moment, then a lot of cash will need to be splashed and CC might not agree!

1 person likes this 1 person   

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)24/4 10:52Wed Apr 24 10:52:03 2019In response to Re: More disappointing resultsTop of thread

Views: 412

Thats the problem that they may not agree.
They,Casuals,are already wary of our aims and with postings from us earlier this season I am not surprised.
I am sure we are more realistic now especially as we find ourselves looking up not down on our landlords.A lesson learnt hopefully.
We are not in a great position at present but maybe should be looking at where we want to be for next season in the league and look at any possible offers of grounds as they come along and meanwhile really consider reallity

1 person likes this 1 person   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Ohdear (Ksuals)24/4 11:18Wed Apr 24 11:18:35 2019In response to Re: More disappointing resultsTop of thread

Views: 379

Can you say how you know CC are wary?

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)24/4 11:25Wed Apr 24 11:25:03 2019In response to Re: More disappointing resultsTop of thread

Views: 401

Two ears to listen with.
That is the answer but advice as well to those who dont put themselves out there to hear what others are saying.

By Ohdear (Ksuals)24/4 13:55Wed Apr 24 13:55:13 2019In response to Re: More disappointing resultsTop of thread

Views: 363

Depends who saying it.

By reximus23/4 20:03Tue Apr 23 20:03:03 2019In response to Re: More disappointing resultsTop of thread

Views: 518

A return to Kingsmeadow? Possibly not a good idea, for all the reasons listed above.

A move to the Kingsmeadow Athletics Stadium, however? Now that's seriously worth looking into.

rex

2 people like this 2 people   2 people dislike this 2 people

By BE24/4 12:04Wed Apr 24 12:04:15 2019In response to Re: More disappointing resultsTop of thread

Views: 409

Not enough space for pitch and a long way back for spectators.

By Lesmundo24/4 14:26Wed Apr 24 14:26:00 2019In response to Re: More disappointing resultsTop of thread

Views: 409

I don't think we could even afford to redevelop it. We would not be eligible for a grant to fix the length of the pitch as it's not going to be a 3g or for a football specific venue, and that's even if we were allowed to develop it.

By Ali (ali.kazemi)26/4 00:49Fri Apr 26 00:49:38 2019In response to Re: More disappointing resultsTop of thread

Views: 293

I believe that the council are planning to spend a significant money on that facility and the area, so there's much more to this.

By ollie26/4 09:14Fri Apr 26 09:14:48 2019In response to Re: More disappointing resultsTop of thread

Views: 248

so there's much more to this

Only if we're at the table though. Are we at the table?

By Ali (ali.kazemi)23/4 21:45Tue Apr 23 21:45:07 2019In response to Re: More disappointing resultsTop of thread

Views: 498

I disagree with some of the posts on here. Returning to our old ground would surely be no worse than when we were there before - and most didn't ever want to leave.

The Chelsea teams don't play Saturdays either, so surely fewer fixture issues than with AFCW or CC.

By Ohdear (Ksuals)24/4 04:28Wed Apr 24 04:28:25 2019In response to Re: More disappointing resultsTop of thread

Views: 500

All depends on terms CFC offer. The Womble Windfall will run out eventually and maybe joint ownership at Tolworth might give the club more control over their future? As for the athletics ground,I would hope current users training and fixtures would be given priority if that became a possibility.

By Paddy (Paddy1)23/4 18:42Tue Apr 23 18:42:50 2019In response to Re: More disappointing resultsTop of thread

Views: 502

Yeah there is that too. There would still be the blue monstrosity & a 3 sided K's ground as well you would assume. Although an argument for KM is it's capable of hosting football at a higher level (lol).

Previous thread: Woking FC by K's196025/4 16:28Thu Apr 25 16:28:46 2019view thread