ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on forum.kingstonian.net

The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Kingstonian 3-3 Margate by Peter BorrettToday 18:46Today at 18:46:47view thread

Oldest article: Richard's archive in the comet by Taimour25/9/2018 18:12Tue Sep 25 18:12:25 2018view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Bostik League Premier Division results by Football Web Pages.co.uk27/4 17:12Sat Apr 27 17:12:45 2019view thread

The struggle

By PyroPete26/4 12:46Fri Apr 26 12:46:35 2019

Views: 623

I won’t be attending tomorrow simply because I’ve Got better things to do than waste my time with these people, what they’ve done is f*#ing scandalous.

They have ripped the heart out of this club and it’s now rotten, about 2 years ago I realised I cared more about ks then I did arsenal for the first time which was massive for me.
FINALLY I’d found something that reminded me about when I first went to arsenal and not the prawn sandwich brigade it’s become now.

I go to ks to watch half decent football and have a laugh with my mates.... the footballs sh*#t and they’ve banned my mates!

I’m not saying I’ll never go again but f*#k me is it hard to get motivated to turn up to ks at the moment, Saturday really summed this up I left early and wished I hadn’t bothered.

Ks is being turned into a joke, if nothing’s done I give the club 10 years max.

reply to this article | return to the front page

8 people like this 8 people   5 people dislike this 5 people

Re: The struggle

By JohnnyD26/4 13:21Fri Apr 26 13:21:44 2019In response to The struggle Top of thread

Views: 580

I feel for you Pete. The fact that two decent fans have been banned was bad enough (especially given that there was no liaison between the fans and the club and that the incidents that the bans related to had already been handled by the fans to ensure there wouldn’t be a repeat).

Add to that the outrageous shaming of the fans on posters at Merstham, and I’m left not knowing if I’ll ever bother going again.

The frustration that led to Lewes-gate is the direct result of lack of comms of any sort, from the club. Thats madness that is - and so is the heavy handed reaction to what happened.

What is there to applaud at the end of the match tomorrow?

A wretched season, no light at the end of the tunnel, and a &@£#%ing Teddy bear!

Edited by JohnnyD at 13:23:33 on 26th April 2019

4 people like this 4 people   4 people dislike this 4 people

By BE26/4 14:19Fri Apr 26 14:19:40 2019In response to Re: The struggle Top of thread

Views: 504

I also will give this a miss. Levred will win and we will be shit as usual! The Board and especially the HOR should be ashamed of themselves and hand the club over to a prospective buyer who enjoys non-league football and the fans who support the club.

2 people like this 2 people   4 people dislike this 4 people

By Ohdear (Ksuals)26/4 14:34Fri Apr 26 14:34:22 2019In response to Re: The struggle Top of thread

Views: 488

The majority of fans who voted last time didn't want it. Do you think they would now?

1 person likes this 1 person   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Paddy (Paddy1)26/4 15:45Fri Apr 26 15:45:34 2019In response to Re: The struggle Top of thread

Views: 442

Depends if we're actually given the information required to make an informed decision this time. Would be a break from tradition with this club in all fairness.

1 person likes this 1 person   2 people dislike this 2 people

By reximus26/4 14:32Fri Apr 26 14:32:00 2019In response to Re: The struggle Top of thread

Views: 486

"HOR"?

rex

By Taimour (WeHateWombles)26/4 12:49Fri Apr 26 12:49:09 2019In response to The struggle Top of thread

Views: 529

incidentally, Traynor goes out of his way in the interview to praise K's fans using flares.

i think everyone is in need of a summer break from K's tbh.

2 people like this 2 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By PyroPete26/4 13:31Fri Apr 26 13:31:10 2019In response to Re: The struggle Top of thread

Views: 506

Everyone loves pyro right ?

3 people like this 3 people   3 people dislike this 3 people

By Ohdear (Ksuals)26/4 14:35Fri Apr 26 14:35:16 2019In response to Re: The struggle Top of thread

Views: 490

No - the FA do not

By John Bangs26/4 18:37Fri Apr 26 18:37:08 2019In response to Re: The struggle Top of thread

Views: 439

As you say they are not keen .....in fact the F.A. are clamping down on use of flares and smoke bombs. Several clubs have been fined including Woking FC. Apparently Corinthian Casuals have banned a fan for letting of a smoke bomb.

5 people like this 5 people   2 people dislike this 2 people

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)26/4 15:27Fri Apr 26 15:27:17 2019In response to Re: The struggle Top of thread

Views: 457

Pay the stewards then and get it sorted.
Never had such animosity within the club and on the terraces.Where's Ziggy when you need him.
Always had arguments always had the odd problem on the terraces but never anything lije we have now,suppose its all our fault

2 people dislike this 2 people

By a krinkly26/4 15:34Fri Apr 26 15:34:23 2019In response to Re: The struggle Top of thread

Views: 450

Just what effect would the ability of our stewards have had at Lewes? All this angst stems from that AWAY match.

2 people like this 2 people   2 people dislike this 2 people

By BE26/4 15:43Fri Apr 26 15:43:14 2019In response to Re: The struggle Top of thread

Views: 447

Can't take their Harvey's. A lot were Pi**ed and probably cannot remember what happened!

2 people like this 2 people   

By reximus26/4 15:37Fri Apr 26 15:37:53 2019In response to Re: The struggle Top of thread

Views: 458

All this angst stems from that AWAY match.

Nah, the roots are much deeper than that and go waaaaay back.

And many clubs invite stewards from visiting teams to join their own supporters at away games.

rex

1 person likes this 1 person   2 people dislike this 2 people

By Ohdear (Ksuals)26/4 18:19Fri Apr 26 18:19:23 2019In response to Re: The struggle Top of thread

Views: 392

Really Rex -that level of stewarding needed at the low rung Ks play at?

1 person dislikes this 1 person

By reximus26/4 19:00Fri Apr 26 19:00:42 2019In response to Re: The struggle Top of thread

Views: 399

At any level. What does it matter? Some clubs invite visiting clubs to bring their own stewards.

rex

By Ohdear (Ksuals)27/4 08:01Sat Apr 27 08:01:48 2019In response to Re: The struggle Top of thread

Views: 358

It has come to a pretty poor state of affairs when some think elements within Ks support require stewarding of a level that needs paying for
It has come to a pretty poor state of affairs when some think elements within in Ks support require the club to provide stewarding at away games
When it comes to this state of affairs the joy of non league has been lost.

6 people like this 6 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)27/4 08:55Sat Apr 27 08:55:44 2019In response to Re: The struggle Top of thread

Views: 343

Stewarding is essential for previous and obvious reasons including health and safety.
Every supporter has the right to be looked after at any game.The trouble with us was that we descided we needed stewarding without suitable payment,maybe a can of Asda lager.
You get what you pay for and we have.
Please dont think I am slagging off all our stewards because I most certainly am not,we have honest and competent guys out there but stewarding like most things starts at the top.
Rob,I believe his name is should be picked out for special mention.An excellent job done.

2 people dislike this 2 people

By Ohdear (Ksuals)27/4 09:21Sat Apr 27 09:21:36 2019In response to Re: The struggle Top of thread

Views: 333

Really? Are you honestly saying that since payment of stewards ended they haven't been of an adequate standard? Many many clubs use volunteer stewards and supporters are not put in health and safety peril at match day. Is not a stain on the club if the behaviour of a few supporters leads to the call or need of higher level of stewarding at home and away fixtures?

5 people like this 5 people   2 people dislike this 2 people

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)27/4 10:11Sat Apr 27 10:11:02 2019In response to Re: The struggle Top of thread

Views: 315

It is amazing while conceding we dont pay our stewards you think its only our supporters that can be a problem.
Would you look at the problem after the problem or before a potential problem.
We need stewarding for many reasons and they need paying.

1 person likes this 1 person   3 people dislike this 3 people

By Ohdear (Ksuals)27/4 12:37Sat Apr 27 12:37:22 2019In response to Re: The struggle Top of thread

Views: 289

Where have I said only our supporters can be a problem?
It is stating the obvious that there are many reasons for stewarding,some I have listed in previous posts.
It is also flaming obvious to look at stewarding required in advance
It is not a fact that stewarding needs to be rewarded by a wage.

By a krinkly26/4 15:45Fri Apr 26 15:45:15 2019In response to Re: The struggle Top of thread

Views: 445

Were our stewards on duty at Lewes? The only one I met was there as a K's fan. I'm trying to find out why someone has suggested several times our stewards are somehow inadequate, because I don't agree.

2 people like this 2 people   2 people dislike this 2 people

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)26/4 16:11Fri Apr 26 16:11:13 2019In response to Re: The struggle Top of thread

Views: 419

Flares,language and general abuse.
Shall I go on.Have you been there ?

4 people like this 4 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By a krinkly26/4 17:21Fri Apr 26 17:21:03 2019In response to Re: The struggle Top of thread

Views: 419

Well the flares weren't let off right under the nose of a steward were they, when a steward entered that part of the crowd there were no more flares. As for the language and abuse of a manager, you may well find if that's reoccurring it's now club policy to be more intolerant to it since Lewes, why else hire professional security personnel as we now have. Don't forget the official flyer handed out at the Enfield match, it looked to me like a statement of intent to get things cleaned up.

4 people like this 4 people   2 people dislike this 2 people

By JohnnyD26/4 19:15Fri Apr 26 19:15:15 2019In response to Re: The struggle Top of thread

Views: 397

Well Krinkly, you make an excellent case for avoiding Ks like the plague. It’s rather a shame that there’s been no statement of intent regarding keeping fans up to speed, on board, or engaged.

Fiddling while Rome burns.

3 people like this 3 people   5 people dislike this 5 people

By K's196026/4 16:15Fri Apr 26 16:15:45 2019In response to Re: The struggle Top of thread

Views: 449

Where have the K's that I grew up with gone ? Where are the K's that I grew up with going ? These are critically sad days.

3 people like this 3 people   

Previous thread: Message from Sparkle Malawi by www.kingstonian.com27/4 10:09Sat Apr 27 10:09:25 2019view thread