ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on forum.kingstonian.net

The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Macc perfect by swindondaveYesterday 22:51Yesterday at 22:51:16view thread

Oldest article: Ladies' Team Sponsor - The French Table by www.kingstonian.com23/11/2018 20:37Fri Nov 23 20:37:58 2018view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Freddie Starr by a krinkly10/5 08:42Fri May 10 08:42:49 2019view thread

Season Tickets

By a krinkly9/5 11:11Thu May 9 11:11:52 2019

Views: 17958

Out of curiosity I've just had a look at what Guildford City were offering last season, they did a half season ticket (10 matches) for just over half the cost of a full one, for those unable to commit to every home match, you got the choice of which matches. Sounds like a sensible idea, perhaps we should do the same.

reply to this article | return to the front page

1 person likes this 1 person   1 person dislikes this 1 person

Re: Season Tickets

By Alastair9/5 11:27Thu May 9 11:27:45 2019In response to Season TicketsTop of thread

Views: 9220

I don't really get this. How does it benefit the club?

I 100% think we should offer bigger discounts on season tickets to tempt people to get one; once you've got one, you're so much more likely to turn up to a game you'd be 50/50 to go to, and that has financial benefits as well as being just generally a 'good thing'. For example, the years I had a season ticket I turned up to more midweek games in particular, which are difficult for me (and others) to get to.

But this offer seems a bit odd...if you can only get to 10 games a season surely you just have to pay your £10 gate money?

1 person likes this 1 person   2 people dislike this 2 people

By a krinkly9/5 12:07Thu May 9 12:07:16 2019In response to Re: Season TicketsTop of thread

Views: 9194

The thing about season tickets is you never actually get to all the matches you're entitled to, just most of them so the club have revenue whether you are there or not. In the Guildford case I paid £4 a match last season for the couple of games I saw. A full season ticket (early bird consession) £55, the ten match £32. The ten match options are popular with fans with work commitments and those watching other clubs as well as City, benefits both club and fans as far as I can see.

2 people like this 2 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Perth WA Ks9/5 11:59Thu May 9 11:59:08 2019In response to Re: Season TicketsTop of thread

Views: 9193

Over here Perth Glory phoned my son , a member last year, if he was interested in a five game membership. He was going to the games anyway so took up the offer.

It keeps people in the loop and encourages them to purchase other offers.

The Glory marketing is very good and will deal with problems straight away. We really feel like they want us there.

The club ( Ks) have to sell themselves more and follow up contacts with the supporters regularly, you can't just offer your goods and sit back these days.

3 people like this 3 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Paddy (Paddy1)9/5 12:57Thu May 9 12:57:20 2019In response to Re: Season TicketsTop of thread

Views: 9157

I'm a big fan of the A-League & I find the history if Australian association football fascinating with all the state based leagues & the old NSL competition.

One of the things they get really well (& the same in the American MLS) is marketing strategies. Even so much as little details like referring to season ticket holders as 'club members'... the name implies you're more part of the club than some person with a ticket that let's you in each home game.

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)9/5 13:44Thu May 9 13:44:51 2019In response to Re: Season TicketsTop of thread

Views: 9135

Interesting question there.
Is Casuals a club or pub.
I remember the confusion at Kingsmeadow.
We were a club,took on membership at one time,then became a pub as it is now.

3 people dislike this 3 people

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)9/5 12:45Thu May 9 12:45:37 2019In response to Re: Season TicketsTop of thread

Views: 9158

How sensible is that.
Cant just sit back.....
There is the great problem in 1 go.
Shops,clubs,pubs and sporting events of worth will tell you that sitting back these days is an option to failure.
Well said our Perth friend.

3 people dislike this 3 people

By Ohdear (Ksuals)9/5 15:22Thu May 9 15:22:18 2019In response to Re: Season TicketsTop of thread

Views: 9131

Interesting from Guildford,and that sort of idea is not unknown elsewhere. The local classical orchestra offer discounts for buying ticket for more than one concert. What's in for the club suppose showing goodwill in return for committing to more than one game?

1 person likes this 1 person   2 people dislike this 2 people

By Paddy (Paddy1)9/5 16:34Thu May 9 16:34:22 2019In response to Re: Season TicketsTop of thread

Views: 9102

^ agree. Something like bring your ticket stub from the last home game (of course this means actual tickets needed & not raffletickets with the word kingstonian written on them) & get a quid off or something along those lines.

1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Morgs9/5 18:20Thu May 9 18:20:32 2019In response to Re: Season TicketsTop of thread

Views: 9106

Yeah, but no, but yeah, but no, but...
The thing about half season tickets and memberships and "non-standard" schemes is that they take time and £££ to set-up and administer - and the setting-up & administration is done by unpaid volunteers at this level.
Printing various tickets and training people who are manning turnstiles - as unpaid volunteers - also takes time and £££.

The Sheilas, W**s and P******s code follows the more traditional "football" set up in Australia.
When I lived Down Under, even the biggest VFL (as was, showing my age!) Aussie Rules clubs had memberships not too far into five figures.
For "membership" read "season ticket holder" - bog standard.
Same went for the NSWRL clubs - whose gates haven't gone up a hell of a lot in the intervening 30 years, unlike the Aussie Rules clubs.
Now, "sexy-again Richmond" - who hadn't had a dinner for 30+ years - have broken the 100,000 barrier. The traditionally sexy Melbourne clubs are at 60,000 or 70,000, as are West Coast, Sydney & Adelaide.
In the NRL, members usually number in the high teens or low twenty thousands, though Brisbane might be close to double that.
At all of these, there are bewildering varieties of "membership."
Some have maybe 4 match tickets.
"Country" memberships, for those out of the state capital, may have a few more - recognising that upstate fans won't be able to make it to Thursday or Friday night TV games or late starts on Sunday.
Some don't even have tickets: overseas memberships might be a club TV subscription, a scarf and a tailored version of Kingstonian Ted.

Admission by all of these schemes needs to be monitored. I assume it's done mainly electronically nowadays: either by a scanning hole in an unmanned turnstile or a bloke with a scanner shooting a beam at a barcode on a ticket.

When I had a season ticket at a Football League club in the early-Noughties (almost never went, just local loyalty to where I'm sort of from originally) the buggers sent out a wallet with 23 high-quality, old-style, 3" x 9", pre-printed match tickets, with a basic holograph security mark just after the fixtures came out. By the mid Noughties, the season ticket was a simple smartcard that was scanned at the turnstile.

Almost ANY innovative offer will get SOME additional punters through the turnstiles: half season tickets, bundles of matches, deals for Football League ST holders, deals for various public servants, buy-two-get-one-free, bring a mate for £1, women / trannies / dwarves / Zoroastrians / Klingon-speakers / hermaphrodites go free - they'll all pull-in somebody.
Such schemes need to be marketed and monitored though.
A simple, standard, season ticket card is easy to check.

By a krinkly9/5 21:11Thu May 9 21:11:40 2019In response to Re: Season TicketsTop of thread

Views: 9084

And yet a CCL club can have the ability to run a dual season ticket system apparently with no problems administering it. Or maybe it's because they ARE CCL it's possible, lower numbers involved, laid back stewarding because that's all that's ever needed, the board get involved with the matchday requirements if the bodies are needed.

By Ohdear (Ksuals)9/5 19:23Thu May 9 19:23:24 2019In response to Re: Season TicketsTop of thread

Views: 9091

Yes but no err maybe but then again etc etc etc
Keep things simple please,yes another type of ticket to check but I'm sure Ks turnstile volunteers are up to the job. As to the extra cost unless tried all matter of opinion. I don't know myself but maybe you're right the admin of setting up something like half season tickets is beyond Ks.

By reximus9/5 19:01Thu May 9 19:01:18 2019In response to Re: Season TicketsTop of thread

Views: 9101

Yeah but no but maybe perhaps a bit...

There's probably no need to over-complicate things, and I'm pretty sure there's no need to monitor them too scrupulously, either. It's not like we're selling a scarce resource or commodity - the marginal cost of one extra bum on a seat is actually nil. (Whilst most people entering on a freebie can be assumed to purchase something while they're there, whether that's a pint or a burger or a matchday programme. And, of course, a bigger crowd equals a better atmosphere and better word-of-mouth, so there really is no downside...) We could litter Kingston with free/specials for dwarves, trannies or Zoroastrians (or just specifically dwarf, transexual Zoroastrians) and it doesn't actually matter all that much which offer pulls them in so long as one of them does. Only when we start to reach capacity (in my dreams) do we need to determine which offers to continue and which offers to constrain.

In a ground with a capacity of 2,000 attracting gates of around 300, let's just try something/anything.

rex

2 people like this 2 people   

By jon tolley10/5 08:13Fri May 10 08:13:00 2019In response to Re: Season TicketsTop of thread

Views: 9057

Counter argument (which I don’t agree with)... how much does the club make on a beer or a burger or a programme?

my guess is your need 100 programmes to cover one £10 on the gate

Previous thread: Beer Mats by Olde School Ks9/5 10:02Thu May 9 10:02:03 2019view thread