ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on forum.kingstonian.net

The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: v Farnborough by CoachYesterday 18:22Yesterday at 18:22:25view thread

Oldest article: Leatherhead game on 22 September postponed by www.kingstonian.com9/9/2018 18:33Sun Sep 9 18:33:17 20182 people dislike this 2 peopleview thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Kingston Beer Festival by Olde School Ks15/5 10:20Wed May 15 10:20:59 2019view thread

Message to the Board

By a krinkly13/5 11:06Mon May 13 11:06:02 2019

Views: 6612

Gentlemen, I appreciate that until a permanent manager is announced and in place information regarding retained/released players or pre season friendly games will not be available so there can't be any news updates regarding these. However, there is one area of news information sought by K's supporters that is fully within your ability to satisfy immediately. I'm talking about the removal of the automatic news updates to this forum. Forum users want to know why you have taken this decision and if you are likely to reconsider it, so far all we have is a deafening silence on your part.

I'm just one currently active supporter and as an individual any action I take will have little fiscal effect to the club. But unless there is some sort of response from yourselves to the requests from fans regarding this issue I will take action. I already decided before the end of the season to quit Boost the Budget anyway, unless I'm satisfied you are willing to engage with the support very soon I shall not be renewing my Season Ticket and will attend far fewer matches as a result, less 50/50 tickets, less gate money.

reply to this article | return to the front page

16 people like this 16 people   2 people dislike this 2 people

Re: Message to the Board

By roseyw13/5 23:33Mon May 13 23:33:29 2019In response to Message to the BoardTop of thread

Views: 5280

A really well thought-out and well written letter there.
Have you decided whether you will email, tweet or write it to the Board so they can read it?

5 people like this 5 people   4 people dislike this 4 people

By a krinkly14/5 08:02Tue May 14 08:02:34 2019In response to Re: Message to the BoardTop of thread

Views: 2670

Good point Rosey, it's advice I've given several times in the past myself, the recipients of that advice would usually have the comeback that the Board reads this forum anyway. Now though it's probably presumptuous of Alastair and myself to assume they still do since this forum has been actively isolated from the club by them. If I get the chance before noon(off out for a posh nosh) I'll email the club's Communications Officer, otherwise it'll be this afternoon.

Edited by a krinkly at 08:05:31 on 14th May 2019

1 person likes this 1 person   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Gary (gekins)14/5 09:19Tue May 14 09:19:38 2019In response to Re: Message to the BoardTop of thread

Views: 2427

I'll email the club's Communications Officer

Rob (the club's Communications Officer) was who contacted me to ask a stop to be put to the feed; I responded to him with my thoughts but I have no idea if these were passed on to the board or not. I'd email them direct if I were you.

2 people like this 2 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By JohnnyD14/5 20:40Tue May 14 20:40:24 2019In response to Re: Message to the BoardTop of thread

Views: 2377

Did you ever get a reply to your letter Gary? Last season or whenever it was? Genuine question - I can’t recall if you did or not.

1 person likes this 1 person   

By Gary (gekins)14/5 21:05Tue May 14 21:05:48 2019In response to Re: Message to the BoardTop of thread

Views: 2308

Ha - I’d forgotten all about that. No!

By a krinkly14/5 19:57Tue May 14 19:57:12 2019In response to Re: Message to the BoardTop of thread

Views: 2328

Slightly modified version now emailed to the two directors links provided on the Website and the Comms officer.

What I didn't include was a possible result of me not renewing my season ticket. Since the time Scotty Steele was the manager at Guildford I've watched them on an ad-hoc basis geting in a few matches each season, I'm not the only member of the Royal Enclosure who watches some CCL matches in addition to K's. The football on show can be sometimes dire, occasionaly almost comical but often very enjoyable, a turned on CCL team can be a joy to watch if you are there for them.

Clubs seem to engage closely with their fans, at Guidlford I've chated occasionally with board members while watching from the sidelines, they even include the name of their noisey bunch (The Sweeney) on club merchandise. If they repeat the half season ticket offer again I can see it becoming attractive if our current state of discontent continues at K's. I want to enjoy my footy watching experience, that's easy to do with a friendly club like Guildford.

Edited by a krinkly at 20:08:11 on 14th May 2019

2 people like this 2 people   2 people dislike this 2 people

By John Bangs14/5 08:56Tue May 14 08:56:15 2019In response to Re: Message to the BoardTop of thread

Views: 2372

That would certainly seem the best way of raising your concern. This unofficial forum can be a good way of sharing views or asking fellow fans for information. However, no one is scanning the forum to provide responses on the posts on behalf of the club. This is in part because this is an informal Fans Forum but also that the club (which is essentially run by volunteers) simply does not have the capacity to scan the forum, develop proposals in response and consult on these.

As you and Rosey indicate, when people wish to communicate with the Club direct they should email the club via the email facility in the contacts section of the Kingstonian website.

2 people like this 2 people   2 people dislike this 2 people

By Paddy (Paddy1)14/5 12:08Tue May 14 12:08:03 2019In response to Re: Message to the BoardTop of thread

Views: 2329

"This is in part because this is an informal Fans Forum but also that the club (which is essentially run by volunteers) simply does not have the capacity to scan the forum, develop proposals in response and consult on these."

I mean, they could always ask someone to help out with that kind of thing. A board/fan liaison sort of job roll. But they would need to communicate with fans to let them know they want someone to do it in the first place, which they won't so the cycle continues.

By roseyw14/5 23:55Tue May 14 23:55:30 2019In response to Re: Message to the BoardTop of thread

Views: 2265

I see that I get 4 'thumbs-down' simply for pointing out again that this fans forum has never been the way to get messages to directors. Why?

3 people like this 3 people   6 people dislike this 6 people

By a krinkly15/5 00:59Wed May 15 00:59:19 2019In response to Re: Message to the BoardTop of thread

Views: 2289

To get an answer to that Rosey they'd have to admit to doing it and that's never going to happen. Switch the things off the forum looks a lot tidier without them anyway.

1 person likes this 1 person   2 people dislike this 2 people

By reximus14/5 09:11Tue May 14 09:11:36 2019In response to Re: Message to the BoardTop of thread

Views: 2332

I shouldn't hold your breath. I emailed one of the Board members, quite politely, about directly three weeks ago, and followed it up a week later with another polite note that I was still looking forward to hearing from him.

Nothing.

rex

By Alastair13/5 11:41Mon May 13 11:41:43 2019In response to Message to the BoardTop of thread

Views: 2653

A brave and well-timed post krinkly, and I feel I must comment to back you up.

When we moved to Leatherhead I cancelled my season ticket.
When we let Leigh Dynan stay in charge for this season, I refused to participate in Boost The Budget.
When the banning of loyal fans was handled in such an insensitive and incompetent way, I actively didn't go to the last two home games of last season.

At this point, the whole situation is so depressing that I have no idea if I will have the motivation to be back in August.

What is so, so sad is that the four directors have clearly actively chosen to 'close ranks', and communicate even less with fans that they were doing before people's frustrations boiled over. I can understand why they did this - nobody likes being abused, and I personally regret that I played my own part in that - but it represents a huge failure of leadership.

You may feel you are owed an apology by some of us. That's probably fair. But please, please re-engage with the supporters. We are the lifeblood of this club, because this club has nothing else - literally nothing else! We have no assets apart from our name and our fanatical 300-odd hardcore fans. You need us to want to be involved, to want to volunteer, to want to ask our friends and family to sponsor matches or sponsor shirts. At the moment it seems like you are actively managing the decline of this club.

That is so depressing - because two of the four of you are Kingstonian supporters through-and-through, and the other two of you have put loads of money into this club, making you K's fans as far as I'm concerned. Wouldn't you rather a happy club all pushing in the same direction? This club has so many talented and dedicated people in its fanbase. Why not tap into that? There is so much we could achieve together.

The current journey has only one destination at the moment, and that's the slow death of this club. Change course before it's too late, please.

12 people like this 12 people   2 people dislike this 2 people

By Paddy (Paddy1)13/5 14:55Mon May 13 14:55:14 2019In response to Re: Message to the BoardTop of thread

Views: 2485

Completely agree & echo all of the above from yourself & Krinkly. To cherry pick one statement you made there:

"At the moment it seems like you are actively managing the decline of this club"

You're by far not the only one who thinks this. I've said it on here a couple of times before what this all looks like is managed decline. Weather that is intentional or unintentional it is what it looks like. If it is intentional then truth be told there's little we can do but hope for another Cochrane-esque saviour... if it is unintentional, the more likely & palatable of the two options, then we need to be unambiguously be reassured of this otherwise the feeling does not go away & all the negatives continue to be exacerbated to the point where even more fans are driven away from the club by it's own actions (or lack of action in this case).

As pointed out by the people who take exception to those who take exception... we are a director run club (fans had a chance blah blah blah recurring) so there is nothing to force the board to give us any kind of answer, but question to those people: what's a director run club with no supporters? An unsustainable one at the very least, if even that.

Edited by Paddy1 at 14:56:17 on 13th May 2019

2 people like this 2 people   

By Alastair13/5 15:12Mon May 13 15:12:30 2019In response to Re: Message to the BoardTop of thread

Views: 2475

Interesting stuff Paddy.

I just wanted to clarify that I don't think the directors actually are actively managing the club's decline - just making the point that things have got so bad that it seems like that to any fan or outside observer. Given they're fans, that's what's so sad and hard to understand.

By Paddy (Paddy1)13/5 15:22Mon May 13 15:22:28 2019In response to Re: Message to the BoardTop of thread

Views: 2468

Yeah I figured you weren't straight up calling them out for it. Although I sort of am, but it's my tin foil hat & I'll wear it wherever the hell I want too.

I've just had this feeling, since we won (lost) the womblelottery, that there might be some kind of loophole to pocket the ring fenced money in the event of Kingstonian no longer existing. To me, it certainly seems that most of the questionable stuff has occured since that & fits the narrative I've invented in my head.

I'm probably wrong, of course & as a one-off I'd be happier being wrong than being right this time round.

3 people like this 3 people   

By a krinkly13/5 15:46Mon May 13 15:46:39 2019In response to Re: Message to the BoardTop of thread

Views: 2440

Bloody hell Paddy you've just described part of my plot about what happened in Body and Soul to Witherington United I wrote back in 2001/2.

That was a ghost story fiction!

2 people like this 2 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Paddy (Paddy1)13/5 15:57Mon May 13 15:57:23 2019In response to Re: Message to the BoardTop of thread

Views: 2443

How did the story end?

By a krinkly13/5 16:21Mon May 13 16:21:01 2019In response to Re: Message to the BoardTop of thread

Views: 2454

After the former fan businessman deliberately ran the club into oblivion so he could build his superstore on the ground, the soul of the club snuffed him out by triggering a heart attack so he went into lone pergatory on a mist shrouded terrace.

It's a ghost story.

By reximus13/5 14:38Mon May 13 14:38:27 2019In response to Re: Message to the BoardTop of thread

Views: 2497

At the moment it seems like you are actively managing the decline of this club.

Perhaps the identity of our next manager will help us know whether you're right or wrong on this. A good quality, experienced manager with all the qualifications would send a great message to the supporters about the Board's inetentions for the Club, whilst 'another Leigh Dynan' might reinforce your worry of "managed decline". Interviews are being held this week; apparently, we might know more on Wednesday?

rex

1 person likes this 1 person   

By K's196013/5 16:08Mon May 13 16:08:49 2019In response to Re: Message to the BoardTop of thread

Views: 2457

About 2 or 3 seasons ago I made the point, 'is the club being hung out to dry.' I sincerely hope not. That however is my own personal thought. I hope it doesn't come to fruition .

Previous thread: Crowd problems in Hampshire by BE14/5 09:17Tue May 14 09:17:47 2019view thread