ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on forum.kingstonian.net

The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Grays expelled from FA Cup by David CrawtToday 19:04Today at 19:04:21view thread

Oldest article: Tomorrow by K's196012/10/2018 08:31Fri Oct 12 08:31:05 2018view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Possibly only two down next season... by Taimour19/5 08:53Sun May 19 08:53:15 2019view thread

New manager appointed

By Ali (ali.kazemi)17/5 15:03Fri May 17 15:03:28 2019

Views: 1418

Kingstonian Football Club is delighted to announce that Hayden Bird has been appointed to the role of First Team Manager.

Hayden, who has also had success as manager of Croydon Athletic, Carshalton Athletic and Bromley, joined the Moatsiders in January 2012 and subsequently took the team to unprecedented success, including the FA Cup First Round in 2016 (when they played Oxford United in front of the live BT Sport cameras), four consecutive Surrey Senior Cup Finals between 2015 and 2018 (winning in 2016 and 2018), promotion from Division One South in 2015 via the play-offs and in the season just finished, he took his team to the Premier Division Play-Off Final.

The club is also very pleased to announce that Hayden’s long-time lieutenant, Tutu Henriques, will be accompanying him to Kingstonian as assistant manager.

The new man said: “I am delighted to been appointed the Manager of Kingstonian Football Club. Such is the history of the club, Kingstonian remains one of the biggest clubs in Non-League football. It's a privileged to have been appointed as your Manager.

As everyone knows, I had great times at Merstham. In the last four years, we reached six cup finals, won the Surrey Senior Cup twice, reached the FA Cup 1st Round versus Oxford United and reached the Bostik Premier League Play-Off Final, a few weeks ago. Having also enjoyed success at both Carshalton Athletic and Bromley, I would like to think I have the experience required to bring success to Kingstonian.

I know the second half of the season was a difficult period for the Club. However, I have no doubt that if we all pull together, we can restore Kingstonian's pride and bring success to the pitch. I'm sure last season was painful for everyone involved and most of all the supporters. However, we can now start afresh and look forward with optimism.

One reason I accepted the job is not only the potential here but the tremendous fan base. With this in mind:

I would like to build a good relationship with the supporters. For example, I would like to involve you with a good line of communication to help us pull together and realise our ambitions, as a football club. You all have a major part to play!

Therefore, I would like to invite everyone to meet me, the new staff and the new signings at a Meet the Manager Event before the start of the new season. It will be a good opportunity for us to get to know one another and introduce the new squad to our fans.

Kingstonian presents a huge challenge. There are going to be considerable changes in the Summer with myself and my No.2 Tutu Henriques making big decisions. Patience and time will be needed. We know there is no quick fix in football, particularly when a club is in a period of transition. However, I guarantee you all the team will show the passion, desire and commitment you all deserve. Kingstonian will have a team the supporters can relate to and be proud of. Together with a style of football that you will all love!

I look forward to meeting you all at the upcoming Meeting the Manager Event.”

reply to this article | return to the front page

15 people like this 15 people   

Re: New manager appointed

By Lesmundo17/5 19:49Fri May 17 19:49:42 2019In response to New manager appointedTop of thread

Views: 921

Good appointment, Merstham played some good stuff last season.

1 person likes this 1 person   

By supahoops717/5 17:43Fri May 17 17:43:49 2019In response to New manager appointedTop of thread

Views: 969

Happy with that!. I wouldn’t have thought he would
come to us after such a successful season with Merstham,
but I’m glad he has!.
Safe pair of hands. Come on u Ks!

By old and grey17/5 17:29Fri May 17 17:29:36 2019In response to New manager appointedTop of thread

Views: 970

It's a thumbs UP from me,excellent appointment,
well done to all responsible,very impressive CV.
ONWARDS AND UPWARDS WE HOPEFULLY GO.

By Ksforlife8517/5 16:33Fri May 17 16:33:25 2019In response to New manager appointedTop of thread

Views: 1030

I think this is a great appointment from Ks he has experience in league too looking forward to see who he signs CONYK

By Iang17/5 15:49Fri May 17 15:49:59 2019In response to New manager appointedTop of thread

Views: 1071

"Don't mess with my TuTu"

Decent Appointment I reckon

1 person likes this 1 person   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By a krinkly17/5 15:54Fri May 17 15:54:56 2019In response to Re: New manager appointedTop of thread

Views: 1075

Hey Ian I didn't know you're a Cajun music fan, RESPECT!

Sounds like a good Gaffa appointment too.

By jc (jchamp02)17/5 15:15Fri May 17 15:15:09 2019In response to New manager appointedTop of thread

Views: 1101

Hayden’s at the wheellll

By Vicky (Alan L.)17/5 15:13Fri May 17 15:13:49 2019In response to New manager appointedTop of thread

Views: 1100

Welcome Hayden. A man with great experience and a gent to boot.

2 people like this 2 people   

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)17/5 15:05Fri May 17 15:05:58 2019In response to New manager appointedTop of thread

Views: 1097

The Bird is flown
Good one but didnt I see him in Sutton colours

3 people dislike this 3 people

By ollie17/5 15:09Fri May 17 15:09:30 2019In response to Re: New manager appointedTop of thread

Views: 1095

Meh, it's not McKimm and it's not a womble. Try as we might, we can't hate *everyone*.

3 people like this 3 people   

By Ali (ali.kazemi)17/5 15:12Fri May 17 15:12:43 2019In response to Re: New manager appointedTop of thread

Views: 1099

I didn't release just how well he's done in these past few years. Good to see he wanted to come to us, despite that.

Sound appointment - bring on next season!

6 people like this 6 people   

By ollie17/5 15:14Fri May 17 15:14:29 2019In response to Re: New manager appointedTop of thread

Views: 1091

AND AND AND...... he loves a cup run.

7 people like this 7 people   

By Taimour (WeHateWombles)17/5 18:27Fri May 17 18:27:28 2019In response to Re: New manager appointedTop of thread

Views: 911

Bird was very insightful on Sullivan and pascoe last season when co-commentating on ks. Saw exactly where we were going wrong in shape and style of play (high line at back with no midfield pressing = defeats) and seemed very affable. This.should be good.

4 people like this 4 people   

By Ali (ali.kazemi)17/5 15:22Fri May 17 15:22:28 2019In response to Re: New manager appointedTop of thread

Views: 1086

A cup run, a cup run, my kingdom for a cup run!

League is priority though.

By ollie17/5 15:04Fri May 17 15:04:36 2019In response to New manager appointedTop of thread

Views: 1114

Solid appointment

2 people like this 2 people   

By Alastair17/5 15:51Fri May 17 15:51:28 2019In response to Re: New manager appointedTop of thread

Views: 1019

Yeah, clearly a good appointment. Well done all. A tiny reason for optimism to grab hold of for the summer!

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)17/5 17:01Fri May 17 17:01:00 2019In response to Re: New manager appointedTop of thread

Views: 954

Just waiting for PKK aprovall to what we hope is an apointment we can all get behind

4 people like this 4 people   2 people dislike this 2 people

Merstham FC

By Max Hustwick Teenage Fan Club (MHTFC)17/5 17:05Fri May 17 17:05:41 2019In response to Re: New manager appointedTop of thread

Views: 1007

Gotta feel sorry for Merstham. They've had a good manager at the helm for a decent amount of time who has achieved for them and to lose someone of that ilk must hurt.

Good luck to them in their search for a new manager - I know what I'd feel like if I was in their shoes!

6 people like this 6 people   

Re: Merstham FC

By A&S17/5 21:58Fri May 17 21:58:48 2019In response to Merstham FCTop of thread

Views: 854

They can always appoint Tony Reid now, sure he could do a good job there, he should go for it!

By RichardNW17/5 17:49Fri May 17 17:49:44 2019In response to Merstham FCTop of thread

Views: 964

The statement on the Merstham website is interesting.

No disrespect intended to them but the bottom line is that he felt that he couldn't "expect" their directors to pay more money for a squad to take them to another promotion. By implication it means that K's must be giving him a budget that he thinks gives him a chance to do that otherwise why move from a club he seemed very happy with? He seems to leave on good terms (popping into their bar next week to say goodbye).

Merstham's attendances are lower than ours but I'm not sure that 112 higher average at K's (based on FWP) when compared to not owning your own ground (I assume Merstham do given how long they have played there) can account for the difference in the players budget available.

With the Dynan spending last Summer it can only mean that someone (perhaps the new director?) is willing to fund the attempt once again. I think this is a financially cautious board that doesn't want to repeat the 2001-2004 period so they must have the funding guaranteed and all the other loans according to our accounts seem to not be repayable on demand (no term attached).

By reximus17/5 18:55Fri May 17 18:55:08 2019In response to Re: Merstham FCTop of thread

Views: 904

No disrespect intended to Merstham but...

Fuck Merstham.

Putting up those 'wanted posters' of two of our supporters at their ground was shameful.

rex

5 people like this 5 people   7 people dislike this 7 people

By a krinkly17/5 18:17Fri May 17 18:17:10 2019In response to Re: Merstham FCTop of thread

Views: 935

The big question still though (to me at least), is where would a promoted K's expect to be playing? Last season initially I had the impression that you had 12 months after promotion to get a ground up to the required standard. The info coming over back in early spring was it had to be there by a certain date before the end of the promotion season, as happened to Guildford when an idiot FA inspector screwed up their ground grading wrongly reporting it, cost them a whole season outside of the Southern League.

By K's196017/5 19:06Fri May 17 19:06:25 2019In response to Re: Merstham FCTop of thread

Views: 907

A new manager, only time will tell. I wish Mr Bird all the very best, he will need it.

Previous thread: Welcome, Hayden Bird by The PKK17/5 19:28Fri May 17 19:28:50 2019view thread