ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on forum.kingstonian.net

The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Supporters Club Coach to Dartford - updated by ollieToday 10:07Today at 10:07:02view thread

Oldest article: Saturday's match v Burgess Hill Town by www.kingstonian.com9/11/2018 12:00Fri Nov 9 12:00:34 2018view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Not good news by The PKK21/5 15:40Tue May 21 15:40:02 2019view thread

Not Police

By The PKK (PKK1)20/5 22:27Mon May 20 22:27:00 2019

Views: 1028

The Chairman of Not Police tweets that they have been "robbed" (haha, the irony) "by decisions of the FA and Leagues" yada yada yada to place them in the Southern League next year. Oooh, the distances. Oooh, the costs.

https://twitter.com/MetPoliceFC/status/1130549783427473408?s=09

Special pleading from the club that has benefited criminally in previous years from their relationship with "the Blazers"? Whilst at the same living off public subsidies?

My heart bleeds purple piss.

reply to this article | return to the front page

7 people like this 7 people   

Re: Not Police

By Ali (ali.kazemi)20/5 23:15Mon May 20 23:15:58 2019In response to Not PoliceTop of thread

Views: 767

The move to the Southern League hardly did them any harm on the field - it's an easier league these days, reflected in how they did so well. Better than they've ever done before in fact.

They lost their appeal last time, rightly so, and would probably lose it again. There has to be a border somewhere. They currently fall the other side of it. What club do they propose is swapped in their place? If they believe their case, they should name who they want shifted and let them have their own counter response.

As for the playoff thing, yes it sucks but everyone knew the deal that as a one off restructuring process there were going to be super playoffs in the season just gone. Not sure what point they have there either. What a whining non entity of a club they are.

Edited by ali.kazemi at 07:59:54 on 21st May 2019

6 people like this 6 people   

By SDG (SDG (Ks))21/5 07:37Tue May 21 07:37:13 2019In response to Re: Not PoliceTop of thread

Views: 670

Little sympathy for them in the replies to that tweet and rightly so, I'd have thought after coming third in the Southern League they'd have dropped this, but no. We are lucky to be in the Isthmian but it shouldn't be made even more London-centric than it already is, giving London teams an easy ride while the rest of the country has to travel even more. I'm sure going to Truro adds to everyone's travel expenses but it's just as much a part of England as London is so they have every right to be part of the pyramid. Met Police's travelling in that league is far from exceptional and their record on the pitch doesn't suggest any problem with them coping. I'd love us to be in that league by the way, even though I doubt Hayden or the board would feel the same way.

I don't really get the complaining about the super playoff either. Six teams went up from our level before and six teams still went up, the rules were made clear at the start of the season and at least it was decided on the pitch, unlike the points per game mess in the divisions below. Maybe they could have forced the Conference N/S into changing a year earlier to what they'll have after next year (4 down from 24 teams instead of 3 from 22, which allows 8 up from our level) but presumably that would have met with opposition from teams at that level. We all want a league that's easier to be promoted from and harder to be relegated from, don't we?

1 person likes this 1 person   

By ollie21/5 07:47Tue May 21 07:47:16 2019In response to Re: Not PoliceTop of thread

Views: 629

Their gates aren't great, whatever league they play in, so surely any promotion would in fact increase their total costs. Your man isn't scared or complaining about that, just hiding behind a dubious "running costs" statement.

2 people like this 2 people   

By doylie21/5 20:13Tue May 21 20:13:50 2019In response to Re: Not PoliceTop of thread

Views: 559

I would suspect that they’ll have to make cut backs to the quality of the post match freebie sandwiches available to the few blazers involved that have been subsidised over the years by local council tax payers. As has been mentioned above, a total non entity of a club, I won’t be shedding any tears.

3 people like this 3 people   

By BE21/5 10:37Tue May 21 10:37:21 2019In response to Re: Not PoliceTop of thread

Views: 586

Years ago they were part of the Southern League when Wombles were in it.

Edited by BE at 10:48:10 on 21st May 2019

2 people like this 2 people   

Previous thread: New teams by BE21/5 12:04Tue May 21 12:04:46 2019view thread