ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on forum.kingstonian.net

The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Supporters Club Coach to Dartford - updated by a krinklyToday 10:23Today at 10:23:40view thread

Oldest article: Saturday's match v Burgess Hill Town by www.kingstonian.com9/11/2018 12:00Fri Nov 9 12:00:34 2018view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Ismael Yakubu by Suom Ynona19/6 20:52Wed Jun 19 20:52:05 2019view thread

Interview with Hayden Bird and Paul Hayward

By BedfordshireK17/6 18:18Mon Jun 17 18:18:16 2019

Views: 1068

Featuring: the first bit of player news, the board’s reflection on last season and communication issues, a word on Mondays vs Wednesdays and a genuine update on the ground.
I spoke to Hayden earlier, there will be further player news (and lots of it!) later this week

reply to this article | return to the front page

8 people like this 8 people   2 people dislike this 2 people

Re: Interview with Hayden Bird and Paul Hayward

By supahoops720/6 09:19Thu Jun 20 09:19:13 2019In response to Interview with Hayden Bird and Paul HaywardTop of thread

Views: 497

Nice interview. Don't know if Hayden was originally approached by the club
when Dowse departed, but I'm glad he's with us now. I sure wish we had him
at the start of last term. I think he will be a good fit for us presently. It's the first
time I've seen or heard of Paul Hayward.. He seems quietly spoken, but pretty
genuine in his vision for the club, as does Hayden. Couple of things came up again
in the interview, 'Sleeping giant'?. I don't think we are really a sleeping giant. We have
a proud historical and familiar name in non league football, but not necessarily a 'big'
name. None of the afore-said is putting my/our wonderful club down, but as with last season,
there is huge expectation around the club and Hayden might find that is the most difficult
thing he will have to deal with at K's. Improvement on the pitch will be steady and gradual
under Hayden, I'm pretty sure of that, so I'm keeping any high expectations in check for this
season. I didn't detect a 'genuine' anouncement about the ground, nothing I hadn't heard
already. I, like most others, think we will end up in a permanent ground share with Casuals
with funds coming from anywhere that both clubs can attract to significantly develop KGF
going forward. Looking forward to the new signings that Hayden has lined up and to the
start of the 19/20 campaign. Come on u K's!

3 people like this 3 people   

By Ohdear (Ksuals)20/6 10:31Thu Jun 20 10:31:55 2019In response to Re: Interview with Hayden Bird and Paul HaywardTop of thread

Views: 465

Very good post super hoops7, 'sleeping giant'is an overused cliche when it comes to football clubs. I don'think Ks are a giant,sleeping or otherwise of non league football,like a many others periods of success and longer periods of fallow . Likewise fan base good but no more than that.
As to the KGF,if Ks put in what is left off the Womblewindfull hopefully it will be enough to secure joint ownership or long joint tennancy agreement.

1 person likes this 1 person   

By a krinkly20/6 09:49Thu Jun 20 09:49:19 2019In response to Re: Interview with Hayden Bird and Paul HaywardTop of thread

Views: 470

I agree with your caution regarding expectations, I'm certainly not repeating last season's which is one reason why I'll be giving a season ticket a miss this year. Ok I'll admit I blew the cost on an unexpected opportunity to fly alongside a MK9 Spit - well who wouldn't?

2 people like this 2 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By MC18/6 12:44Tue Jun 18 12:44:51 2019In response to Interview with Hayden Bird and Paul HaywardTop of thread

Views: 609

really enjoyed this. Hayden seems to have a very clear vision of what he wants.

good interview too, thanks for all you do

2 people like this 2 people   

bouyed of Brighton

By Iang17/6 19:59Mon Jun 17 19:59:33 2019In response to Interview with Hayden Bird and Paul HaywardTop of thread

Views: 794

Excellent interview and well done to all involved!

We have the right man potentially and I have admired his teams in the past and on a shoestring.

I will even try to pop up for the meet the manager thang.

Let’s get behind him and try a little patience...I know it’s a song.

Up the Ks

5 people like this 5 people   2 people dislike this 2 people

Re: bouyed of Brighton

By BedfordshireK17/6 21:46Mon Jun 17 21:46:08 2019In response to bouyed of Brighton Top of thread

Views: 745

I came away really impressed with Hayden. Says a lot to good things, really friendly and keen to engage with fans.

4 people like this 4 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

Re: bouyed of Brighton

By John Bangs17/6 23:12Mon Jun 17 23:12:58 2019In response to Re: bouyed of Brighton Top of thread

Views: 713

And by the way it was a really good interview - good job - thanks very much.

2 people like this 2 people   

By Carl (carlspickett)17/6 19:33Mon Jun 17 19:33:17 2019In response to Interview with Hayden Bird and Paul HaywardTop of thread

Views: 802

What were the updates on the ground?

Ground situation

By reximus18/6 09:41Tue Jun 18 09:41:43 2019In response to Re: Interview with Hayden Bird and Paul HaywardTop of thread

Views: 650

Board are planning for a long term ground share with Cor-Cas, including possibly a 3G pitch.

rex

Edited by reximus at 09:42:11 on 18th June 2019

Re: Ground situation

By BE18/6 10:26Tue Jun 18 10:26:54 2019In response to Ground situationTop of thread

Views: 644

The ground needs to be up graded to Conference south standard. More support would come and and a more welcoming atmosphere.

1 person likes this 1 person   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By doylie17/6 19:24Mon Jun 17 19:24:56 2019In response to Interview with Hayden Bird and Paul HaywardTop of thread

Views: 841

I knew he’d sign Fabio Saraiva for you guys.

He was a great player for Woking (nice chap too), sweet left foot and takes a mean free kick.

3 people like this 3 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By tim (36southlanenewmalden)17/6 18:59Mon Jun 17 18:59:53 2019In response to Interview with Hayden Bird and Paul HaywardTop of thread

Views: 820

Its great you ve done this but could you PLEASE PLEASE put a little summery ,because i cant get audio,and am sure will be appreciated by others as well if you can do this

3 people like this 3 people   

By a krinkly18/6 13:08Tue Jun 18 13:08:57 2019In response to Re: Interview with Hayden Bird and Paul HaywardTop of thread

Views: 552

Listened to it last night, so from memory:-

The team needs a root and branch sort out, 18 senior player squad with opportunities for youth players to progress to the squad. Tolfs had the weight of the world on his shoulders last season and it started to effect his game, he'll be allowed to get back to what he's best at - being the best keeper in the league.

5 - 0 wins might be fun but a 1-0 win that totally shuts out the oppo will be fine with the Gaffa, his teams play total possession, get a goal then play get the ball off us - if you can.

Looking to emulate the Dowse approach to connecting with the community.

Kingstonian are a sleeping huge club he wants to wake them up again.

2 people like this 2 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

For Tim

By reximus18/6 09:40Tue Jun 18 09:40:29 2019In response to Re: Interview with Hayden Bird and Paul HaywardTop of thread

Views: 576

PLEASE put a little summery

rex

1 person likes this 1 person   2 people dislike this 2 people

By JC (jchamp02)17/6 18:57Mon Jun 17 18:57:42 2019In response to Interview with Hayden Bird and Paul HaywardTop of thread

Views: 846

Some quality signings mentioned... just need Walter Figueira to bang them in up top...

By BE18/6 10:43Tue Jun 18 10:43:12 2019In response to Re: Interview with Hayden Bird and Paul HaywardTop of thread

Views: 594

Can these be listed as Video didn't work for me!

Previous thread: Cutteridge interviews Bird and Hayward by www.kingstonian.com17/6 19:01Mon Jun 17 19:01:38 2019view thread