ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on forum.kingstonian.net

The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: Saturday's match v Dartford by www.kingstonian.comToday 12:00Today at 12:00:22view thread

Oldest article: Bostik League Premier Division results by Football Web Pages.co.uk12/11/2018 21:45Mon Nov 12 21:45:29 2018view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: When Saturday comes. by supahoops78/8 06:58Thu Aug 8 06:58:37 2019view thread

Supporters Club Minibus Transport

By www.kingstonian.com (fwpbot)6/8 20:25Tue Aug 6 20:25:05 2019

Views: 802

Below you can find details of Kingstonian Supporters' Club transport plans for five of our away league games in 2019.

Read the full news item at https://www.kingstonian.com/news/supporters-club-minibus-transport/426

reply to this article | return to the front page

3 people like this 3 people   

Re: Supporters Club Minibus Transport

By tim (36southlanenewmalden)7/8 19:19Wed Aug 7 19:19:59 2019In response to Supporters Club Minibus TransportTop of thread

Views: 472

IF a coach was used the price would be higher

, suppose hired a 32 seater and its half full,obviously money will be lost

I do know a bit about it cos this happened in my days as Travel Sec

Basically mini bus caters for the number of fans that go

Ideal answer is to win lottery and BUY A 53 seater

If coming to agm you can raise the point

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)7/8 19:55Wed Aug 7 19:55:06 2019In response to Re: Supporters Club Minibus TransportTop of thread

Views: 472

Was it not raised last year ?
Difficult questions but being do most who would go want cheap travel or decent travel maybe at a higher price.
Either way .......No Kingsmeadow.

By BE7/8 14:34Wed Aug 7 14:34:41 2019In response to Supporters Club Minibus TransportTop of thread

Views: 474

I will not be renewing when questions re transport are ignored in favour of a crap mini-bus from RBK Community Transport.

2 people like this 2 people   3 people dislike this 3 people

By roseyw7/8 22:21Wed Aug 7 22:21:12 2019In response to Re: Supporters Club Minibus TransportTop of thread

Views: 442

Just been advised of this thread. No questions sent to supporters email are ever ignored - we've only had 1 coach travel question, last month, which was nothing to do with using Kingsmeadow, and it was discussed in committee and a full answer and explanation replied. Please do note that putting a comment on the Forum is not the same as contacting the supporters club committee...

This has been discussed by Graham Hayward and also at the last AGM - the Minutes show that the members who wanted to use our travel, wanted to keep Kingsmeadow Car Park for several reasons, and we looked at using more than one pickup; nobody not currently using the coach had anything to say before or during the AGM.

However if someone wants to email the supporters email and ask for this to be reopened as their item on the agenda, obviously that is fine, they can raise this on the day and perhaps come up with more ideas.

4 people like this 4 people   

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)6/8 23:05Tue Aug 6 23:05:33 2019In response to Supporters Club Minibus TransportTop of thread

Views: 530

Still leaving from the home of AFC
After all thats been said I really cant believe that nobody listens.
Travel suited to the few not the many.

1 person likes this 1 person   5 people dislike this 5 people

By BE7/8 09:36Wed Aug 7 09:36:11 2019In response to Re: Supporters Club Minibus TransportTop of thread

Views: 520

If we had a coach that had local pick-ups then a lot of fans would use it! But yes nobody listens to us and a RBK mini-bus is a joke and an embarrassment. We arrive with up to 16 supporters at a match WOW!!!!!

Edited by BE at 10:45:32 on 7th August 2019

2 people like this 2 people   2 people dislike this 2 people

By Peter Borrett7/8 15:04Wed Aug 7 15:04:34 2019In response to Re: Supporters Club Minibus TransportTop of thread

Views: 443

The issue of coach travel to away games and start point was discussed at the agm two years ago. I don’t have a interest as I do not live in the area so will look at this impartially.. I accept that some things change over a couple of years. The first issue is whether to have various pick up points or go from one place. If we take the Hornchurch away game as an example. According to AA route planner the journey time via central London is 1 hour 28 mins but via M25 is 1 hour 17 mins. The first route would go via Kingston Vale and the second Tolworth. If the pick up was on route then would add little to the time but if the pick up(s) were not on route could add upto 30 mins to the journey. Different away games would have different routes out of Kingston so difficult to set standard arrangement.

Maybe the supporters club should ask how many people would use the coach if there was a pick up point.If those people stated the area they lived then maybe a concensus maybe reached as to the best location for a pick up.

The other issue is whether the current start point is the best. I understand that the advantage is that there is parking and near to the town centre. Is there another option that ticks the boxes?

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)7/8 19:00Wed Aug 7 19:00:23 2019In response to Re: Supporters Club Minibus TransportTop of thread

Views: 461

Kingsmeadow,the home of AFC ,is not near the town.
Sureley one can remember the pick up at Tiffin where coaches can park and nearer to town centre and more bus routes.
Pick up on Tolworth then Chessington was good but it wouldnt apply if the coach was going in a different direction.
How would we feel if other clubs used our car park on our match days to park.
This all feels childish and silly and many who may want to go away,I guess,dont bother so depriving the club of support

3 people dislike this 3 people

By Peter Borrett7/8 20:52Wed Aug 7 20:52:03 2019In response to Re: Supporters Club Minibus TransportTop of thread

Views: 438

As I said the alternative option has to tick the boxes. Tiffins is much nearer the town centre and the coach(es) can park there ( I am taking your statement as currently correct) but those that want to drive to the coach pick up point can’t park there (without paying a lengthy car park fee).
It maybe that by altering the pick up point may lose as many users as it gains if that selection is lacking. I am not saying that there shouldn’t be a search for a better option. I think that whoever organises the coaches (maybe Geoff York) does not have an easy task.
Perhaps the supporters club can put a note in the programme requesting any supporters, who would like to travel to away games but feel the current arrangements make it difficult for them, email the supporters club. By getting feedback may help future planning. If the demand is there then an incentive to get the right answer.

A valid point you raise about the use of AFC car park but if its a 16 seater than assume the number of cars maybe minimal..

2 people like this 2 people   

By reximus6/8 23:18Tue Aug 6 23:18:14 2019In response to Re: Supporters Club Minibus TransportTop of thread

Views: 523

Travel suited to the few not the many.

#BrokenToryBritain
#JC4PM

rex

2 people like this 2 people   5 people dislike this 5 people

By BE7/8 14:28Wed Aug 7 14:28:16 2019In response to Re: Supporters Club Minibus TransportTop of thread

Views: 467

And those who do not listen.

1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Ohdear (Ksuals)7/8 14:33Wed Aug 7 14:33:38 2019In response to Re: Supporters Club Minibus TransportTop of thread

Views: 462

Maybe they listen but disagree? Maybe others can organizing alternative to meet this unmet demand?

2 people like this 2 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

Previous thread: Boost the Budget 2019-20 by www.kingstonian.com7/8 10:38Wed Aug 7 10:38:53 2019view thread