ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on forum.kingstonian.net

The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: Kingstonian 2-3 Merstham by www.kingstonian.comYesterday 23:13Yesterday at 23:13:01view thread

Oldest article: Kingstonian 2-3 Worthing by www.kingstonian.com2/2 20:06Sat Feb 2 20:06:49 20191 person dislikes this 1 personview thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Wingate and Finchley match report by www.kingstonian.com15/8 10:19Thu Aug 15 10:19:50 2019view thread

Hayden Bird interview after Wingate and Finchley

By BedfordshireK13/8 23:10Tue Aug 13 23:10:52 2019

Views: 570

reply to this article | return to the front page

5 people like this 5 people   

Re: Hayden Bird interview after Wingate and Finchley

By Alastair14/8 09:03Wed Aug 14 09:03:23 2019In response to Hayden Bird interview after Wingate and FinchleyTop of thread

Views: 497

Thanks Jamie - and I thought that was exactly the right tone from the manager.

It's easy to imagine what our previous permanent manager's reaction to a similar performance would have been: defensive, chippy and full of nonsensical excuses. None of that rubbish from Hayden and it's a breath of fresh air to be honest, despite the disappointing result.

2 people like this 2 people   

By Taimour (WeHateWombles)14/8 10:15Wed Aug 14 10:15:19 2019In response to Re: Hayden Bird interview after Wingate and FinchleyTop of thread

Views: 462

thought we were decent last night. there must be more to come from Reece Hall.

good to see Bamba back in hoops.

By BE14/8 12:38Wed Aug 14 12:38:45 2019In response to Re: Hayden Bird interview after Wingate and FinchleyTop of thread

Views: 426

We need a bigger pitch, so says the manager!

1 person likes this 1 person   

By Lesmundo14/8 23:16Wed Aug 14 23:16:07 2019In response to Re: Hayden Bird interview after Wingate and FinchleyTop of thread

Views: 394

Was your "making the pitch bigger" comment serious? I'm assuming you are just having a joke. If not, my 7 year old daughter has more knowledge of the principles of play than you do, although I'm assuming (and hope) this is just a flippant comment.

1 person likes this 1 person   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Jason (BE)14/8 14:18Wed Aug 14 14:18:37 2019In response to Re: Hayden Bird interview after Wingate and FinchleyTop of thread

Views: 449

Still cannot understand how with 7 Ex Merstham players we cannot get our act together.

9 people dislike this 9 people

By Poppa Joe's Soul Band (PJ's Soul Band)15/8 13:24Thu Aug 15 13:24:22 2019In response to Re: Hayden Bird interview after Wingate and FinchleyTop of thread

Views: 376

When he became Kingstonian manager Hayden Bird made it clear he was not looking for or indeed promising a quick fix. He warned it was likely to take some time to get the team playing his style of game, it appears so far his record is in line with his statements.

He knew he would be including a large contingent of his former players, yet still saw Kingstonian's improvement as a steady progression rather than instantaneous. The man should be given the time he says is needed rather than being questioned after a couple of matches.

Edited by PJ's Soul Band at 13:26:48 on 15th August 2019

3 people like this 3 people   

By Lesmundo14/8 15:30Wed Aug 14 15:30:35 2019In response to Re: Hayden Bird interview after Wingate and FinchleyTop of thread

Views: 419

It's because of the style of play, the difficulties of coaching it, and the limitations of some players at this level. Also, I'm not sure how many times per week K's train, but to work in this way with much less contact time with the players is tricky and means that progress is slower. Just because 7 players played together last season, doesn't mean they can kick off and immediately be in great form. Look at Liverpool, they were very rusty against Norwich and Klopp is working with pretty much the same squad as last season, and they won the Chsmpions League. Patience is required.

5 people like this 5 people   

By old and grey14/8 17:58Wed Aug 14 17:58:54 2019In response to Re: Hayden Bird interview after Wingate and FinchleyTop of thread

Views: 427

Rusty old LIVERPOOL scored 4 before half time,god help the
rest of the league when the shine comes back.
I exclude the brilliant Man City from that of course,once again
I have doubled them up with BARCELONA,good payout
last season and i expect to pick up again.

1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Peter Borrett14/8 14:33Wed Aug 14 14:33:23 2019In response to Re: Hayden Bird interview after Wingate and FinchleyTop of thread

Views: 427

Carshalton with virtually the same team that finished 2nd are pointless. Lewes and Leatherhead, two top half teams last year with less points.After ten games will provide a better picture and would expect those three teams and ourselves to be in the top half.
The good news is no revolving door and judging what I saw Saturday no lack of effort. Most will be happy with a team they can relate to accompanied by a style of play that is attractive to watch.

7 people like this 7 people   

By Paddy (Paddy1)15/8 15:49Thu Aug 15 15:49:32 2019In response to Re: Hayden Bird interview after Wingate and FinchleyTop of thread

Views: 331

The way I see it this time last season: 0 points from 2 games after a summer of being hyped up vs this season 2 points from 2 & a conscious effort before hand to not hype things up.

4 people like this 4 people   

Previous thread: BetVictor Isthmian Premier Division result by Football Web Pages14/8 21:39Wed Aug 14 21:39:48 2019view thread