ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on forum.kingstonian.net

The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: Pre Christmas Derby match 21 December by John BangsYesterday 23:54Yesterday at 23:54:21view thread

Oldest article: Ardley surprising... by a krinkly12/11/2018 13:08Mon Nov 12 13:08:24 2018view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: M4 closure by a krinkly9/10 09:21Wed Oct 9 09:21:43 2019view thread

Coach to Weston on Tuesday?

By jon tolley5/10 17:24Sat Oct 5 17:24:37 2019

Views: 713

seems to me this game more than most others is one a supporters’ coach should run to

Is that likely?

reply to this article | return to the front page

9 people like this 9 people   

Re: Coach to Weston on Tuesday?

By Alastair7/10 07:26Mon Oct 7 07:26:16 2019In response to Coach to Weston on Tuesday?Top of thread

Views: 485

No news as yet - so presumably there won’t be one?

This is EXACTLY the game where a supporters’ coach is required. And it’s exacty the sort of game where there won’t be one.

And if people get defensive and think that’s criticism - yes, it is criticism, I’m afraid. I understand that people are volunteers and that this is a hassle to organise at short notice, of course, but this game is worth £££ to the club and surely getting as many fans to it as possible is pretty much the whole point of having a supporters’ organisation?

7 people like this 7 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By reximus7/10 11:17Mon Oct 7 11:17:39 2019In response to Re: Coach to Weston on Tuesday?Top of thread

Views: 422

A number of people I know are making provisional travel plans, but still hoping the SC will announce a coach.

Perhaps (and it's the very least they could do) if the SC are NOT running a coach to the game, they could say so?

rex

2 people like this 2 people   

By BE7/10 10:33Mon Oct 7 10:33:37 2019In response to Re: Coach to Weston on Tuesday?Top of thread

Views: 432

The Supporters club is run only for the few not the many a complete waste in my opinion!

2 people like this 2 people   2 people dislike this 2 people

By a krinkly7/10 10:53Mon Oct 7 10:53:17 2019In response to Re: Coach to Weston on Tuesday?Top of thread

Views: 424

Rubbish! There's nothing to stop anybody joining it the cost is peanuts.

4 people like this 4 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By reximus7/10 10:56Mon Oct 7 10:56:08 2019In response to Re: Coach to Weston on Tuesday?Top of thread

Views: 434

I guess BE's comments were about the services it provides rather than the cost?

rex

2 people like this 2 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By BE7/10 14:27Mon Oct 7 14:27:05 2019In response to Re: Coach to Weston on Tuesday?Top of thread

Views: 394

CORRECT.

By a krinkly7/10 13:29Mon Oct 7 13:29:00 2019In response to Re: Coach to Weston on Tuesday?Top of thread

Views: 415

If there were sufficient SC members actually using services regularly those services could be kept running, it's the lack of users that had led to the reduced coach provisions, the number of users didn't reduce because the service reduced first.

4 people like this 4 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By BE7/10 17:01Mon Oct 7 17:01:04 2019In response to Re: Coach to Weston on Tuesday?Top of thread

Views: 353

Have you been on the mini-bus it's an embarrassment!

By a krinkly7/10 17:11Mon Oct 7 17:11:13 2019In response to Re: Coach to Weston on Tuesday?Top of thread

Views: 357

Are you prepared to pay a fare that covers the cost of running a larger vehicle with a minibus worth of passengers? That's what it boils down to.

4 people like this 4 people   2 people dislike this 2 people

By jon tolley8/10 09:01Tue Oct 8 09:01:04 2019In response to Re: Coach to Weston on Tuesday?Top of thread

Views: 248

History now, but I woulda paid up to £150

1 person likes this 1 person   

By Taimour (WeHateWombles)7/10 14:04Mon Oct 7 14:04:38 2019In response to Re: Coach to Weston on Tuesday?Top of thread

Views: 402

This is all true. But issue being raised is: can it be expected that for a truly BIG one-off midweek hard.to get.to season/life-defining game, a coach will be arranged?

4 people like this 4 people   

By a krinkly7/10 16:27Mon Oct 7 16:27:33 2019In response to Re: Coach to Weston on Tuesday?Top of thread

Views: 361

Has anyone actually contacted the SC to ask? Or is it the usual case of the question has been posted on the forum so the world had better be paying attention?

By Alastair7/10 16:32Mon Oct 7 16:32:42 2019In response to Re: Coach to Weston on Tuesday?Top of thread

Views: 350

Understand your point, and it's often a fair one. But in this instance...why should this question even have to be asked? If the supporters' club can't figure out for themselves that it would be a good idea to run a coach to this game, what's the point in asking?

3 people like this 3 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By a krinkly7/10 16:47Mon Oct 7 16:47:55 2019In response to Re: Coach to Weston on Tuesday?Top of thread

Views: 348

Alistair you know the importance of being proactive over reactive, it's that important to so many people so why on earth not find out instead of waiting.

By reximus7/10 17:37Mon Oct 7 17:37:43 2019In response to Re: Coach to Weston on Tuesday?Top of thread

Views: 332

Sorry, Roger. That's a complete cop out.

A replay in WSM this week has been a possibility since the draw was made. It's fair to ask what is the point of a supporters club if they can't sort out a coach for the biggest game in our recent past. Saying "ooh, they have to wait until someone asks them" is bullshit.

rex

By Peter Borrett7/10 18:08Mon Oct 7 18:08:02 2019In response to Re: Coach to Weston on Tuesday?Top of thread

Views: 333

The draw for the game against Weston was made on 23rd and the supporters club agm was on the 24th. There was a lengthy thread some weeks ago concerning supporters club coaches and pick up points. I couldn’t make the agm this year so don’t know what was discussed.
Did anyone, who raised issues in the past concerning supporters coaches, attend the agm and was supporters coaches discussed.If not then
they are not in a strong position to criticise. I don’t know how much a mini bus or coach would cost to Somerset or whether financially viable
but perhaps should have been considered. The large the supporters club membership the greater the income and an expansion of activity and if those members attend the agm then a say in future direction.

By Ali (ali.kazemi)8/10 09:40Tue Oct 8 09:40:59 2019In response to Re: Coach to Weston on Tuesday?Top of thread

Views: 261

To answer your question, I pre-empted the likelihood of there being at least one replay out of March and (obviously more likely) Weston-Super-Mare at the AGM.

I argued the case quite strongly that regardless of the Supporters Club's regular position on travel arrangements (that I wasn't contesting) we should be ready to run a coach to a big difficult to get to game like this regardless. Taimour has quite neatly summarised many of my points on here. Suffice to say, it didn't go down so well.

By Peter Borrett8/10 11:50Tue Oct 8 11:50:40 2019In response to Re: Coach to Weston on Tuesday?Top of thread

Views: 223

Thanks Ali. I think its disappointing that having been raised at the agm better consideration was not given. So, as I understand, there is a coach going but has not been communicated well and equally, according to Rosy no one has emailed the supporters club enquiring. Hopefully the supporters club committee will reappraise at their next meeting and come up with a better solution in time for future important matches.

By BE8/10 12:11Tue Oct 8 12:11:24 2019In response to Re: Coach to Weston on Tuesday?Top of thread

Views: 217

Years ago the SC ran coaches to away matches for ALL fans. SC members getting a discount. Now we have a closed shop of SC members only! No communication on any matters unless you are a member. Rex is right it is a clique.

By reximus8/10 12:10Tue Oct 8 12:10:38 2019In response to Re: Coach to Weston on Tuesday?Top of thread

Views: 219

Sorry Peter, but this is bollocks. Saying 'no-one emailed Rosey' is a lame excuse. Jon Tolley (do Ks have a better supporter?) asked on Saturday evening if there'd be a coach for tonight's game.

If the supporters club aren't checking the forum for messages like that, then they're not worthy of the name.

I hope the few of you that make it enjoy the game.

rex

By Peter Borrett8/10 12:22Tue Oct 8 12:22:06 2019In response to Re: Coach to Weston on Tuesday?Top of thread

Views: 211

As you have quoted me saying ‘no one emailed Rosie’. Is not what I said. I said ‘according to Rosie no one has emailed the supporters club’.
I think my previous post indicated that the supporters club committee could have dealt with the matter better and that hopefully they will review at their next meeting.

What is bollocks is being misquoted

By reximus8/10 12:41Tue Oct 8 12:41:21 2019In response to Re: Coach to Weston on Tuesday?Top of thread

Views: 205

If you wanna dance on the head of a pin over this, please note that I used single quote marks to indicate that I was paraphrasing, not double quote marks to indicate a direct reference to something you had said.

This situation is what is bollocks.

rex

By Peter Borrett8/10 13:07Tue Oct 8 13:07:41 2019In response to Re: Coach to Weston on Tuesday?Top of thread

Views: 199

I looked up the difference between usage of double and single quotation marks and nowhere did it come up with your description.
I appreciate some are unhappy with the way the supporters club have dealt with possible coach travel away to Weston and as I have said could possibly have been dealt better.

1 person likes this 1 person   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By BE8/10 12:13Tue Oct 8 12:13:35 2019In response to Re: Coach to Weston on Tuesday?Top of thread

Views: 204

That is right somebody asked at the shop desk after the game re travel and were told nothing being arranged.

By Taimour (WeHateWombles)7/10 18:42Mon Oct 7 18:42:47 2019In response to Re: Coach to Weston on Tuesday?Top of thread

Views: 324

Pick-up points and financial viability of larger coaches on a regular basis are both matters on which the SC have a clear, albeit contested, position. What people are wondering is: should it be expected, as a matter of course, that an important midweek FA Cup game in, say, North Somerset, will have a coach at all, even if run at risk of a loss, in the interests of fan involvement? Is that something that most ks fans can get behind? It's a once-in-five-years proposition. Does it need to be something in the SC constitution? Ie. "The financial viability of coaches to certain games will not preclude exceptional provision for midweek FA cup and trophy away ties where there is reasonably likely to be demand."

Maybe the problem this time around was the short period between original game and replay although that is the norm these days.

5 people like this 5 people   

By Paddy (Paddy1)8/10 15:35Tue Oct 8 15:35:54 2019In response to Re: Coach to Weston on Tuesday?Top of thread

Views: 163

It wouldn't have to run at a loss though...

Coach rental is X, amount of people going is Y

Y ÷ X (plus small markup to cover any drop outs) = the price per head to get on the coach. At that point you either generate enough interests & run the coach or dont get enough interest & dont run the coach. Doesn't help the 'financial viability' arguement (probably does the opposite tbf) but shows that it'll never have to be run at a loss. That sort of structure would make more sense if it was open to everyone though.

By BE8/10 16:06Tue Oct 8 16:06:48 2019In response to Re: Coach to Weston on Tuesday?Top of thread

Views: 161

It used to be for all with SC members getting a discount. This is where it has all gone wrong we are all supporters if not a member of the SC.

By Peter Borrett7/10 20:05Mon Oct 7 20:05:31 2019In response to Re: Coach to Weston on Tuesday?Top of thread

Views: 327

Fair appraisal. Perhaps at the home cup game and in the event of a draw, the supporters club shop could take names of those interested in a coach to the midweek replay. if there is demand to fill a certain percentage of a coach then one could be organised . The more time to organise and an idea of demand make the away coach more feasable.

By jon tolley8/10 08:39Tue Oct 8 08:39:03 2019In response to Re: Coach to Weston on Tuesday?Top of thread

Views: 257

Ah. Yesterday I committed to council work on Tuesday night because I thought there was no way to get to the match. shame. but as a non SC member I know I have no right to be helped travel to the game.

I do think it’s entirely appropriate to ask the question on the forum, but I’ll know for next time

good luck to anyone goIng

3 people like this 3 people   

By roseyw8/10 00:06Tue Oct 8 00:06:39 2019In response to Re: Coach to Weston on Tuesday?Top of thread

Views: 313

Dear all,
Just a note to advise you guys here on the forum, that we have been talking to our regular travellers and a few non-regulars for a few days now, and I would like to confirm that travel has been arranged for all who needed it.
We have been asking people in person and discussing with regular travellers, and additionally nobody has emailed the Supporters@ email address to show any interest in the journey.

I've read all the comments on this thread today, and we discussed it in this evening's committee meeting. Some valid points there, and if we do go through to the next round against Dartford, I promise we will be clearer and will publicise details of the coach we will run.
I would like to thank Krinkly and Rex for offering travel & beds, that is very kind. I would have offered a lift also but I cannot get the time off work at the end of a financial quarter.

I would like to ask when BE travelled on the "embarrassment" of a minibus, since I had been told he has not for a number of years. Also some weeks ago I spent a long time explaining in full to him, following an email he sent us, the issues we face in the reduced number of travelling fans, and other commentators are correct - as numbers reduce, so the cost rises, the size of coach reduces, and even on special occasions it can be a struggle to fill it. Is it possible BE hasn't received that informative email - I am happy to re-send or post it here, as I am just reading the same comments repeated, and I know we had addressed them all.

The last 2 or 3 AGMs have featured detailed discussions and explanations of the issues facing us, the requirements we have, and requests to suggest any other companies. Nobody has responded. So until something changes or the Supporters club are given some other viable option, we will be continuing with Rakat, who are reliable and friendly, happy to change or cancel a journey at a moment's notice, and good value for money.

By BE8/10 08:49Tue Oct 8 08:49:31 2019In response to Re: Coach to Weston on Tuesday?Top of thread

Views: 242

Sorry but the whole SC is a shambles!

By Gary (gekins)8/10 08:30Tue Oct 8 08:30:51 2019In response to Re: Coach to Weston on Tuesday?Top of thread

Views: 278

Oh. That’s a shame. I’m not a regular traveller but was hoping the SC would give me a way to get to the game. I now can’t go.

By Gary (gekins)9/10 07:49Wed Oct 9 07:49:50 2019In response to Re: Coach to Weston on Tuesday?Top of thread

Views: 110

Update: I made it. Thanks Muzza.

By a krinkly8/10 09:46Tue Oct 8 09:46:23 2019In response to Re: Coach to Weston on Tuesday?Top of thread

Views: 223

My lift offer still stands Gary.

By Gary (gekins)8/10 09:52Tue Oct 8 09:52:18 2019In response to Re: Coach to Weston on Tuesday?Top of thread

Views: 227

Thanks. Unfortunately it doesn’t work for me today because of getting to/from Woking!

By a krinkly8/10 09:56Tue Oct 8 09:56:12 2019In response to Re: Coach to Weston on Tuesday?Top of thread

Views: 228

I can drop in Kingston after match if that helps

By Alastair8/10 08:04Tue Oct 8 08:04:24 2019In response to Re: Coach to Weston on Tuesday?Top of thread

Views: 289

Thankyou Rosey.

Edit: Sorry, but Ali has confirmed he raised this clearly at the AGM, so my original point still stands. How can the majority of people at that AGM not think that wearing a loss in order to get a coach to Weston tonight (or similar circumstances in future) is a good idea? I fear that the point of the SC has been lost somewhere along the line.

Edited by Alastair at 12:23:34 on 8th October 2019

By a krinkly8/10 00:54Tue Oct 8 00:54:27 2019In response to Re: Coach to Weston on Tuesday?Top of thread

Views: 287

Thanks Rosey, I don't do likes/dislikes but consider yourself getting a gem encrusted solid gold THUMBS UP from me!

Edited by a krinkly at 00:57:30 on 8th October 2019

By Alastair7/10 19:42Mon Oct 7 19:42:35 2019In response to Re: Coach to Weston on Tuesday?Top of thread

Views: 317

"Pick-up points and financial viability of larger coaches on a regular basis are both matters on which the SC have a clear, albeit contested, position. What people are wondering is: should it be expected, as a matter of course, that an important midweek FA Cup game in, say, North Somerset, will have a coach at all, even if run at risk of a loss, in the interests of fan involvement? Is that something that most ks fans can get behind? It's a once-in-five-years proposition. Does it need to be something in the SC constitution? Ie. "The financial viability of coaches to certain games will not preclude exceptional provision for midweek FA cup and trophy away ties where there is reasonably likely to be demand.""

Brilliantly put Taimour and far better than I did. This is the point.

By reximus7/10 18:20Mon Oct 7 18:20:16 2019In response to Re: Coach to Weston on Tuesday?Top of thread

Views: 318

I am a member of the supporters club. The fact I did not attend the AGM is irrelevant. (And the point about pick up points - for a journey this long - is just a red herring.) I feel perfectly entitled to ask what is the point of the supporters club if it doesn't organise a coach to our biggest game in years?

rex

By Peter Borrett7/10 18:46Mon Oct 7 18:46:00 2019In response to Re: Coach to Weston on Tuesday?Top of thread

Views: 316

I think I said did anyone attend the agm and not did you. As I understand you live miles away I wouldn’t expect you to attend. I think if there isn’t an answer then those posting on here didn’t attend. I don’t think I said that anyone is not entitled to ask questions.

By a krinkly7/10 17:47Mon Oct 7 17:47:23 2019In response to Re: Coach to Weston on Tuesday?Top of thread

Views: 327

That is not the point being made Rex - Is there a coach being run? - dunno no news on that front will have to wait until the SC let us know - no you don't bl**dy well just ask them.

By supahoops77/10 08:05Mon Oct 7 08:05:54 2019In response to Re: Coach to Weston on Tuesday?Top of thread

Views: 444

And dare I say, our co-chairman is the owner of a pretty
successful bus company that sponsors awards in our league
and generously provided free transport to and from our previous
'temporary' home in Leatherhead. Maybe he'll be able to provide
a fare paying bus or two for what is our most important game for
a long while.

By K's19607/10 08:38Mon Oct 7 08:38:48 2019In response to Re: Coach to Weston on Tuesday?Top of thread

Views: 431

In the day Jack Goodchild and his team would have organised a coach before the referees whistle had time to dry out after the final whistle. Shame on you board .

By BE7/10 14:26Mon Oct 7 14:26:30 2019In response to Re: Coach to Weston on Tuesday?Top of thread

Views: 370

Have had words with the Supporters club before but they don't seem too interested in away support. Always must leave from KM only as it is problematic to pick up anywhere else in the Borough. Anderson Travel would surely be interested in supplying a coach(s) at short notice!

By Gary (gekins)5/10 18:02Sat Oct 5 18:02:22 2019In response to Coach to Weston on Tuesday?Top of thread

Views: 622

Hope so. Not sure I’ll make it otherwise and I’m sure others will be the same.

Lift offered to Weston on Tuesday

By a krinkly6/10 10:39Sun Oct 6 10:39:19 2019In response to Re: Coach to Weston on Tuesday?Top of thread

Views: 536

I've decided to go (driving), lift offered. I can pick up from Woking station and drop off in Kingston, 3 comfortably. One already has first refusal.

3 spaces availabLe

Edited by a krinkly at 11:39:24 on 6th October 2019
Edited by a krinkly at 12:11:43 on 6th October 2019

Previous thread: BetVictor Isthmian Premier Division results by Football Web Pages8/10 21:39Tue Oct 8 21:39:11 2019view thread