ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on forum.kingstonian.net

The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: New Supporters Club Webpages by John BangsToday 20:29Today at 20:29:18view thread

Oldest article: Odds by K's19604/7/2019 08:52Thu Jul 4 08:52:02 2019view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round Draw by Suom Ynona7/10/2019 13:50Mon Oct 7 13:50:17 2019view thread

Today

By supahoops75/10/2019 18:09Sat Oct 5 18:09:27 2019

Views: 762

Couldn't make it today, but will be going Tuesday.
Were we unlucky to concede a late penalty?
How did we play overall?
Any chance of a brief report?

reply to this article | return to the front page

2 people like this 2 people   

Re: Today

By a krinkly5/10/2019 19:54Sat Oct 5 19:54:44 2019In response to TodayTop of thread

Views: 734

Frustrating to watch, Weston nothing special although Rob pulled off a super save, Louie spent a lot of time on his own up front then got substituted so at times there was NOBODY up front, decent crowd, the penalty was deserved.

3 people like this 3 people   

By Iang6/10/2019 11:58Sun Oct 6 11:58:20 2019In response to Re: TodayTop of thread

Views: 539

We played some lovely stuff from 2nd half kick off till sending off. Hector no.11 excellent. Please give louie some support up front at times tho Mr Bird

2 people like this 2 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By supahoops75/10/2019 20:50Sat Oct 5 20:50:45 2019In response to Re: TodayTop of thread

Views: 670

Thanks for that.

By old and grey6/10/2019 14:26Sun Oct 6 14:26:07 2019In response to Re: TodayTop of thread

Views: 522

Our performance was little different from previous outings,
flashes of decent football at times but then lost possession and
misplaced passes letting us down.
They posed little threat even when we went to 10 and we defended
well giving little away,i feel we can win the replay as they looked
lacking a cutting edge,although the same can be said of us.
I felt taking LOUIE off was a mistake,he was keeping two defenders
busy but after he went off they were able to push unhindered
further up the pitch as we were unable to construct any meaningful
attacks.
The sending off and the penalty were correct decision by the referee,
so did anyone hear a K'S supporter verbally abusing him as he left
the field,if he puts that in his report the club may be in trouble.

By BE7/10/2019 09:58Mon Oct 7 09:58:51 2019In response to Re: TodayTop of thread

Views: 484

Poor ref took 4 fouls from their No. 7 before he got booked, Gerry commits 2 fouls and gets sent off!

By Suom Ynona7/10/2019 10:29Mon Oct 7 10:29:09 2019In response to Re: TodayTop of thread

Views: 500

Agreed about how long it took him to book their number 7, but both of the bookings for Jerry were definitely the correct decision.

I thought that Jerry played well for most of the match, but he started to struggle as soon as they brought that tricky winger on and it resulted in both of his bookings and he also won their penalty.

I felt that it was a game where there wasn't really much in it between the two sides. The perhaps shaded the forst half, but we started the second half very well, might have had a penalty for the challenge on Hector as he was shooting and deserved our lead by the time we scored (was a nicely worked goal as well).

The sending off did change the game completely in their favour, but I felt that they were starting to take control of the game after we scored. I feel that it was a combination of us dropping deeper after the goal and that they started to get a lot more joy out wide after making their substitutions.

Overall a draw was probably just about the right result, but it probably should have been a defeat as their late disallowed goal looked perfectly fine from what I saw. Whilst it was disappointing to concede a late goal I did feel that there were some encouraging signs from the performance and that hopefully we've now turned a corner.

Tuesday is now a massive game for the club and based off the weekends game we really do have a good chance of progressing. Hopefully the draw later today for any potential opponent is a kind one!

By BE7/10/2019 11:44Mon Oct 7 11:44:18 2019In response to Re: TodayTop of thread

Views: 437

Also I thought that Hayden was a bit slow with substitution after sending off, brought on Cooper who only lasted minutes. Could then have moved Cook across to right back and brought in Harrison at Left sided Centre back. Tutu was outstanding and Louis isn't getting involved enough.

Previous thread: FA Cup draw... by Taimour7/10/2019 07:26Mon Oct 7 07:26:07 2019view thread