ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on forum.kingstonian.net

The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: Pre Christmas Derby match 21 December by John BangsYesterday 23:54Yesterday at 23:54:21view thread

Oldest article: Ardley surprising... by a krinkly12/11/2018 13:08Mon Nov 12 13:08:24 2018view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Carshalton Athletic match report by www.kingstonian.com14/10 21:07Mon Oct 14 21:07:19 2019view thread

Kingston Schools

By BenC9/10 15:02Wed Oct 9 15:02:08 2019

Views: 408

Hi all,

First time poster - nice to meet you all.

I used to work in a Kingston primary school and did a bit of work to get children down to Kingsmeadow when Ks used to play there.

I'm interested in whether there's anything happening to engage local schools and get them involved and attending matches. And if there's not, would there be any appetite to do this and could I help in some way? I know this all takes a bit of organisation but happy to give some time and thought to this if anyone thinks it's worthwhile...

reply to this article | return to the front page

8 people like this 8 people   

Re: Kingston Schools

By John Bangs14/10 06:52Mon Oct 14 06:52:10 2019In response to Kingston SchoolsTop of thread

Views: 137

Hi Ben

Sorry for delay in responding. I am the Club’s community liaison officer. If you would like me to put you in touch with John Fenwick and our Youth liaison officer Sally Brown, please feel free to contact me by email: jbangsuk@icloud.com

or you can contact John F direct via his club email: chairman@kingstonian.com

By BenC14/10 14:53Mon Oct 14 14:53:05 2019In response to Re: Kingston SchoolsTop of thread

Views: 111

Hi John

Thanks for this. I'll email you and John directly.

Best wishes
Ben

By a krinkly9/10 15:28Wed Oct 9 15:28:05 2019In response to Kingston SchoolsTop of thread

Views: 337

We've got a very close relationship with Kingston Young Careers, in fact K's were the first club to create such a setup (Thanks to John Bangs) now a number of other clubs are doing the same thing. I believe we distribute free kids season tickets to local schools, there's also a lively K's youth football running a lot of teams.

Welcome to the Forum.

3 people like this 3 people   

By BenC9/10 20:16Wed Oct 9 20:16:55 2019In response to Re: Kingston SchoolsTop of thread

Views: 266

Thanks for the reply. Glad to hear there's so much going on.

Free season tickets is a good idea to raise the profile - I gave out loads at my old school. But the benefit isn't that obvious as it's free for children to get in anyway, so you'd need to find ways to entice the parents to take them.

The offer stands to help with this and chip in ideas, if anyone at the club would like to pursue it.

1 person likes this 1 person   

By Taimour (WeHateWombles)9/10 22:35Wed Oct 9 22:35:33 2019In response to Re: Kingston SchoolsTop of thread

Views: 241

the chairman, John Fenwick, often takes a lead on this score and is very approachable if you wanted to arrange a chat.

John Fenwick

you may have seen posts in the past by "Lesmundo". Les is a football coach who has long advocated a different form of engagement with local schools. I'm sure you'll both be at Dartford!

there is also K's Youth of course, which has a number of people involved.

it has been a bit of a conundrum: doling out the season tickets seems less effective in encouraging attendance than, say, parents and kids engaging with K's through a football course or school visits or special events. no easy answers but it will be good to hear from you.

4 people like this 4 people   

By BenC10/10 10:44Thu Oct 10 10:44:39 2019In response to Re: Kingston SchoolsTop of thread

Views: 200

Thanks Taimour. Think I met John when I was at my old school - he was v helpful.

Hoping to be at Dartford, childcare permitting! I'll have a chat with John there or at the next game.

By a krinkly9/10 20:59Wed Oct 9 20:59:41 2019In response to Re: Kingston SchoolsTop of thread

Views: 266

Best contact John Bangs he's the Community Liason Officer.

https://www.kingstonian.com/officials

Previous thread: FAO Supporters Club by reximus8/10 08:47Tue Oct 8 08:47:10 2019view thread