ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on forum.kingstonian.net

The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Cheltenham by TAYesterday 20:01Yesterday at 20:01:48view thread

Oldest article: Trains on Sunday by BE5/11/2019 11:13Tue Nov 5 11:13:52 2019view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Macclesfield Updates by John Bangs8/11/2019 07:29Fri Nov 8 07:29:05 2019view thread

We need confirmation without further delay

By reximus7/11/2019 16:38Thu Nov 7 16:38:32 2019

Views: 1208

Email to: secretary@kingstonian.com

Dear Phil

The uncertainty regarding our game at Macclesfield Town FC on Sunday is completely unacceptable.

Please can you demand from Macclesfield immediate confirmation whether or not the game is going ahead.

Sincerely

Rex

rex

reply to this article | return to the front page

3 people like this 3 people   9 people dislike this 9 people

Re: We need confirmation without further delay

By John Bangs7/11/2019 18:57Thu Nov 7 18:57:23 2019In response to We need confirmation without further delayTop of thread

Views: 1113

Surely what is unacceptable is for the players and staff of Macclesfield to not be paid on time. It is their owner who is well out of order.

This is an industrial dispute. As a fellow trade unionist they have my full support, however inconvenient this might be for me.

I do not see what would be achieved by berating the officers of Macclesfield who have no control of events and are worried sick about the future of their club

11 people like this 11 people   3 people dislike this 3 people

By Mike (KsMikey)7/11/2019 20:10Thu Nov 7 20:10:13 2019In response to Re: We need confirmation without further delayTop of thread

Views: 1013

I’m not sure that anyone is “berating” the players or staff - not here in this thread

All Rex is doing is asking the question that many have and has sent it to our club secretary who should pass it on thru the right channels

Any other reading of the OP is wrong

Neither witty or imaginative to have one

1 person likes this 1 person   

By reximus7/11/2019 19:57Thu Nov 7 19:57:59 2019In response to Re: We need confirmation without further delayTop of thread

Views: 1041

Yes thank you, John. I'm a trade union member, too. I'm not seeking to berate the players or management. And if the striking players form a picket line, I won't be crossing it.

But the owner of Macclesfield Town FC owes it to the players, managers and supporters of BOTH teams to provide some clarity on this situation. And the FA as the competent authority (sic) has a duty to resolve this. Forgive me if my demand for some clarity wasn't more accurately expressed.

rex

Edited by reximus at 19:59:16 on 7th November 2019
Edited by reximus at 19:59:49 on 7th November 2019

3 people like this 3 people   

Flooding just as big a threat

By Iang7/11/2019 20:22Thu Nov 7 20:22:18 2019In response to Re: We need confirmation without further delayTop of thread

Views: 1057

They've had some rain up there too.

1 person dislikes this 1 person

Re: Flooding just as big a threat

By Alastair8/11/2019 08:07Fri Nov 8 08:07:43 2019In response to Flooding just as big a threatTop of thread

Views: 921

Yorkshire is basically a sea at the moment. It's absolute chaos around here (Barnsley).

I hope the other side of the Pennines has not had a similar amount of rain; from what I've heard I think it's escaped the worst. Problem could be if there's nobody there to fork the pitch today, it'll just sit as standing water. Concerning.

1 person likes this 1 person   

Re: Flooding just as big a threat

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)8/11/2019 09:05Fri Nov 8 09:05:33 2019In response to Re: Flooding just as big a threatTop of thread

Views: 926

If the weather in Macclesfield was like Barnsley the game maybe chopped

By My lovely horse (Nick Garland)7/11/2019 19:24Thu Nov 7 19:24:44 2019In response to Re: We need confirmation without further delayTop of thread

Views: 1070

Absolutely. It appears staff are on strike so there may be literally no one there to pick up the phone as it were. What if we ‘demand’ and don’t get an answer. Threaten to ‘demand’ again?

Edited by Nick Garland at 19:27:42 on 7th November 2019

2 people like this 2 people   

By Paddy (Paddy1)7/11/2019 19:06Thu Nov 7 19:06:44 2019In response to Re: We need confirmation without further delayTop of thread

Views: 1034

I doubt anyone would disagree with your first 2 paragraphs. It is both possible to hold that feeling & demand the actual legal entity of the football club (the ones who are the cause for the need to strike, no less) to come to a swift decision if they will play the game (risk there will be no strike/say they will put out ressies & such) or not. That is perfectly acceptable.

By Ohdear (Ksuals)7/11/2019 19:58Thu Nov 7 19:58:11 2019In response to Re: We need confirmation without further delayTop of thread

Views: 1007

It appears from other post that there are other staff not just players involved in strike action. This might mean even if players are prepared to play but others are not the game might be unable to go ahead.
If it is called off due to strike and if the strike is lawful I presume no recourse refunds/ compensation?
I

By Mike (KsMikey)7/11/2019 18:49Thu Nov 7 18:49:36 2019In response to We need confirmation without further delayTop of thread

Views: 1077

My take on this

https://twitter.com/ks_mikey/status/1192507225501306881?s=21

I think that the owners will string this along as long as they can to avoid embarrassment and being thrown out unceremoniously

Unfortunately fans have never figured much in football authorities or club owners minds and neither have small clubs like ours

I was one of those that liked your post but I’d be surprised if the game wasn’t called off much before Sunday morning so expect to get to Leicester or Brum before postponement is announced

By David Crawt7/11/2019 19:04Thu Nov 7 19:04:03 2019In response to Re: We need confirmation without further delayTop of thread

Views: 1010

It is a distinct possibility that the game could be postponed due to a waterlogged pitch but it will be the referee and not Macclesfield Town that makes the decision. That said, the club could increase the chances of postponement by not working on the pitch.

By Mike (KsMikey)7/11/2019 20:06Thu Nov 7 20:06:22 2019In response to Re: We need confirmation without further delayTop of thread

Views: 1051

That was my point

Someone has questioned it already but as you point out - this can be facilitated

Weather

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2643266

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)7/11/2019 16:59Thu Nov 7 16:59:52 2019In response to We need confirmation without further delayTop of thread

Views: 1068

Understand Rex but maybe a little longer.
Tomorrow should be dealine and one may assume someone somewhere will pay the wages and we go ahead.
Shambles and understandable frustation with many travelling from afar

By Peter Borrett7/11/2019 17:18Thu Nov 7 17:18:46 2019In response to Re: We need confirmation without further delayTop of thread

Views: 1096

Would expect wages are paid direct into the players bank accounts so assume if not paid by 5pm tomorrow they will not be paid prior to the match. At that point the Macclesfield staff need to make a decision as to leave it beyond Friday night,in my opinion, is unacceptable though do have sympathy for their plight and the concern of the Macclesfield supporters.
We have an incredible amount of uncertainty in our cup exploits with Grays Athletic expulsion, this Sunday and not knowing where we are going next Wednesday. Its a credt to the manager and team that theyare managing to stay focused because it can’t help preparation or mindset. I doubt the club can give any opinion with so little official info.

2 people like this 2 people   

By Max Hustwick Teenage Fan Club (MHTFC)7/11/2019 17:05Thu Nov 7 17:05:52 2019In response to Re: We need confirmation without further delayTop of thread

Views: 1107

...and a bit longer...and a bit longer. Rex is absolutely right - why should we have the uncertainty that is not of our making.

This needs sorting NOW!

Previous thread: If Sunday comes by BE7/11/2019 16:29Thu Nov 7 16:29:00 2019view thread