ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on forum.kingstonian.net

The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Cheltenham by TAYesterday 20:01Yesterday at 20:01:48view thread

Oldest article: The Society Rooms, Macclesfield! by skinner5/11/2019 10:36Tue Nov 5 10:36:25 2019view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Sunday's match v Macclesfield Town by www.kingstonian.com9/11/2019 12:00Sat Nov 9 12:00:47 2019view thread

Playing Macclesfield Youth Team

By skinner8/11/2019 21:47Fri Nov 8 21:47:55 2019

Views: 937

Taken from the Macclesfield forum...

I write this note in my capacity as a volunteer of Macclesfield Town Football Club, and would like to advise people that this evening I received information from a 100% kosher source that the team we will be fielding on Sunday is the YOUTH TEAM!!!

This source has also advised me that the players have NOT been paid as promised today and are absolutely seething at this utterly despicable way of ensuring the game goes ahead on Sunday.

Our club is now officially a laughing stock and I can no longer stand by and be a part of a system that is rotten to the core and which treats it’s staff and players with utter disdain and disrespect. Now Mr AlKadhi is treating the FA Cup with utter disdain by fielding a team of kids and expecting punters to pay their hard earned money to witness such an insult to the tradition of the FA Cup and our great pedigree in it. As a consequence I will NOT undertake any voluntary roles whilst Amar AlKadhi is the majority shareholder of this club. Should Mr AlKadhi sell to a new owner such as the Sealey’s, I would happily resume my voluntary duties and I urge the following:

- The youth team DO NOT play this game and show solidarity with the senior players. Instead I urge them to join playing and non-playing staff, volunteers and fans in standing together OUTSIDE the ground AS ONE from 12.15p.m.

- Any home fans who have bought tickets demand an immediate refund of their money tomorrow morning.

- Other matchday volunteers refrain from any matchday duties until Mr AlKadhi has no involvement with this club whatsoever and are in SAFE AND LOCAL hands such as the Sealey’s.

- Anyone who reads this shares it wherever and whenever and let the BBC, SKY SPORTS and whoever wants to listen to / read about this shocking state of affairs.

#ThisIsOurTownOurClub

Andy Worth

reply to this article | return to the front page

2 people like this 2 people   

Re: Playing Macclesfield Youth Team

By reximus8/11/2019 22:06Fri Nov 8 22:06:46 2019In response to Playing Macclesfield Youth TeamTop of thread

Views: 888

Skinner, many thanks for sharing that post on our forum. Ks went through a frighteningly similar situation a few years back (his name was Khosla) so we have every sympathy with your situation.

200+ Ks fans are making the journey to Macclesfield on Sunday. Most of us have already bought our tickets for the game. So I hope you'll forgive us if we watch the game and cheer on our team? I've no doubt you'll give us a great game (first team, reserve team, youth team, whoever) and it will be a fantastic game to watch. Please encourage your youth players to fulfill the fixture, and please allow us to watch the game without suggestions of 'crossing a picket line'.

As fellow football supporters, we stand with you in your struggle against shit owners. (I've heard there may even be a Ks banner to that effect!) Keep the faith - things have habit of working out eventually.

See you Sunday.

rex

5 people like this 5 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By skinner8/11/2019 22:10Fri Nov 8 22:10:07 2019In response to Re: Playing Macclesfield Youth TeamTop of thread

Views: 864

I'm a Ks fan by the way. A fairly lapsed one, but one of 30 years nonetheless. I agree with your sentiments though.

3 people like this 3 people   

By reximus8/11/2019 22:14Fri Nov 8 22:14:36 2019In response to Re: Playing Macclesfield Youth TeamTop of thread

Views: 833

Oops, forgive me. I think I read a comment on here earlier today, replying to something you'd posted, that suggested to me you were a visitor from Macclesfield's forum.

Too much red wine?

rex

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)8/11/2019 22:28Fri Nov 8 22:28:57 2019In response to Re: Playing Macclesfield Youth TeamTop of thread

Views: 803

Totally with all the Macclesfield players in solidarity.
Yes Rex,we know what its like and can only sympathise with the unpaid players and the fans who once again are treated with contempt
Whatever team turns up we want to win but we will always support a team and following that is treated as we once were

1 person likes this 1 person   

By Max Hustwick Teenage Fan Club (MHTFC)8/11/2019 22:59Fri Nov 8 22:59:06 2019In response to Re: Playing Macclesfield Youth TeamTop of thread

Views: 812

So - as I understand it, we may not have a team to play against on Sunday but won't know till 12:15!
That's just two fingers up at the supporters of Kingstonian. The FA should have got involved well before now. I feel I'm about to waste my money - and I'm going for the weekend!

1 person likes this 1 person   

Tomorrow's game.

By supahoops79/11/2019 06:18Sat Nov 9 06:18:27 2019In response to Re: Playing Macclesfield Youth TeamTop of thread

Views: 815

I totally sympathise with all Ks fans travelling from all points
of the universe, Spain, Sussex, Wales, Wigan etc etc,
the FA are impotent when it comes to situations as this.
I am in total support of the Macclesfield players, staff, volunteers and
their loyal supporters. It's almost twenty years since what happened to
us is about to happen to Macclesfield. We were asset stripped and screwed
back then and not a thing has changed in 20 years. With respect to Macclesfield,
the FA, under the circumstances, should have removed Macclesfield from the
competition, subsidised contracted wages and placed the current major shareholder
under legal scrutiny to ascertain whether he be 'fit and proper' to run a football club.
Sadly, it's taking the shine off our great day and there is sure to be a strange atmosphere of
uncertainty for both clubs over anticipation now. If their youth team or whatever team they
put out tomorrow triumphs over us, they'll be seen as local hero's and saving their club while
their unscrupulous main shareholder pockets the money and gets sympathetic national coverage.
Meanwhile, we return to being minnows. We are travelling as planned tomorrow and because
of the uncertain situation regarding the game, we did not buy tickets online. I hope there will
be staff enough to man the ticket office or there may be problems for us.
I hope confirmation regards this match and type of opposition will not put off others who
plan to travel like us on the day to swell our numbers. With respect again to Macclesfield,
I hope our boys have remained focused and that whoever they face, they romp home.
Come on u Ks!

4 people like this 4 people   

By Haver of thoughts8/11/2019 23:02Fri Nov 8 23:02:08 2019In response to Re: Playing Macclesfield Youth TeamTop of thread

Views: 791

Somehow I feel we're not the real victims here.

By John Bangs8/11/2019 23:17Fri Nov 8 23:17:07 2019In response to Re: Playing Macclesfield Youth TeamTop of thread

Views: 801

Surely we go all out to win and get in the second round.

We play what’s put in front of us. Let’s stay 100% positive and back the team for all we are worth.

3 people like this 3 people   

By a krinkly9/11/2019 01:11Sat Nov 9 01:11:49 2019In response to Re: Playing Macclesfield Youth TeamTop of thread

Views: 799

Theoretically could our U18 team turn out en-masse for K's first team? I've had the impression it's only certain very promising players who've been registered for it, maybe it's different in a club at their level.

1 person likes this 1 person   3 people dislike this 3 people

By Max Hustwick Teenage Fan Club (MHTFC)8/11/2019 23:05Fri Nov 8 23:05:35 2019In response to Re: Playing Macclesfield Youth TeamTop of thread

Views: 816

We wouldn't be victims if this had been sorted by the FA. I could not be watching a football match at 12:45 on Sunday, or I could be watching Ks playing a youth team. If it's the latter I doubt whether I would have forked out good money to do so!

Previous thread: Cup game will go ahead. by www.kingstonian.com8/11/2019 17:13Fri Nov 8 17:13:55 2019view thread