ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on forum.kingstonian.net

The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Sunday's match v Woking by My lovely horseYesterday 22:58Yesterday at 22:58:55view thread

Oldest article: Madness by reximus3/2 11:36Sun Feb 3 11:36:38 2019view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Louie by Max Hustwick Teenage Fan Club15/11 23:42Fri Nov 15 23:42:35 2019view thread

Oxford k's thoughts on twitter

By Taimour (WeHateWombles)14/11 16:42Thu Nov 14 16:42:44 2019

Views: 533

https://twitter.com/kingstonroadend/status/1195015008129880065?s=19

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Oxford k's thoughts on twitter

By Alastair14/11 16:51Thu Nov 14 16:51:38 2019In response to Oxford k's thoughts on twitter Top of thread

Views: 449

Ha. Thanks Taimour, I guess...? Not that my thoughts are particularly interesting or insightful or anything, but I'm bang up for this game v Fylde. For those not on Twitter...

Whether the FA Cup game v Fylde is Sat or Sun, it’s our first chance to get the people of Kingston back watching K’s for a LONG time. We need to make it as tempting as possible for locals to come back to K’s...and keep coming back again and again. How?

Firstly, we need to keep admission prices at £10. Fylde don’t have away fans, so everyone in the ground will be K’s. Our point of difference to other local clubs is good football - but affordable for all. Let’s pack people in and get a buzz back about the club! In the context of our recent history, 1200 people paying £10 is WAY better than 1000 paying £15.We have to grab this chance to get locals back into K’s. Charging them more than we normally do would be a big own goal. Assuming that this is a given as our directors understand this too!

Secondly, us regulars have to INSIST that our one game a season fans come to this game...and even our one game a decade fans! Don’t take no for an answer. If we are going to get a good gate, these people HAVE to come, stand behind the goal, and make some noise!

Thirdly, we have to make the day FUN...to tempt them back. Part of that is atmosphere - and I’m sure we will provide that - but the other part of is is wider matchday experience. If that takes more volunteers than usual, let’s hear about it from those organising things. I’m in.

3 people like this 3 people   

By SDG (SDG (Ks))14/11 20:08Thu Nov 14 20:08:31 2019In response to Re: Oxford k's thoughts on twitter Top of thread

Views: 407

Agree with this completely. This is the opportunity we've been waiting over a decade for to actually get significant numbers of new and lapsed fans into our ground for a big game. We should be keeping prices at £10 and maximising the opportunity to boost our fanbase, not worrying about what might make slightly more money on the day.

4 people like this 4 people   

By reximus14/11 23:26Thu Nov 14 23:26:56 2019In response to Re: Oxford k's thoughts on twitter Top of thread

Views: 372

So, reading this (and above) and thinking "is there a suggestion somewhere that we're gonna hike the prices to £15 for the cup game"?

rex

By Ali (ali.kazemi)15/11 19:30Fri Nov 15 19:30:03 2019In response to Re: Oxford k's thoughts on twitter Top of thread

Views: 219

I think that was just people speculating. Our ticket pricing generally is very fair - so much so that Casuals chose to replicate it when they came up.

5 people like this 5 people   

By BE14/11 16:59Thu Nov 14 16:59:40 2019In response to Re: Oxford k's thoughts on twitter Top of thread

Views: 442

Food needs to be better and more choice. At Macca a decent baker's pie and drink was £5. Do we need segregation? Suggest it is not an all ticket affair, pay at the gate will attract the floating fan and Fylde are not known for their away support. Sunday lunchtime match would be ideal.

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)15/11 17:30Fri Nov 15 17:30:25 2019In response to Re: Oxford k's thoughts on twitter Top of thread

Views: 231

Sorry Macca was a disgrace with no decent food and a bar stuck in the corner by the toilet which sums it up.Appalling.
A small pie but no burgers or vegie offerings.
After the excellent experience at Dartford it was truly awfull

2 people like this 2 people   2 people dislike this 2 people

By Iang15/11 23:29Fri Nov 15 23:29:06 2019In response to Re: Oxford k's thoughts on twitter Top of thread

Views: 155

No decent food! Cider n meat pie n tea for 4 nicker, fabulous .

1 person likes this 1 person   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By a krinkly15/11 18:14Fri Nov 15 18:14:00 2019In response to Re: Oxford k's thoughts on twitter Top of thread

Views: 210

Not truly awful at all, drinkable coffee and edible sausage roll with program £5.50 the lot. OK the program was pretty basic ( you can get better in the CCL), but those are the type of prices I'd expect to pay at Guildford. That said what's offered at KGF is definitely preferable to the ripoff dross I remember at Kingsmeadow.

4 people like this 4 people   2 people dislike this 2 people

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)15/11 20:48Fri Nov 15 20:48:29 2019In response to Re: Oxford k's thoughts on twitter Top of thread

Views: 187

The "dross"at Kingsmeadow was certainly poor but not as bad as Macclesfield 's poor effort.
Kingsmeadow had a bar albeit with dreadfull and unfriendly service but a place where one could sit before a game as at Casuals and not standing by the toilet.
Some have higher standards than others but I certainly thought last Sunday was a very poor effort

2 people like this 2 people   4 people dislike this 4 people

By a krinkly15/11 21:11Fri Nov 15 21:11:01 2019In response to Re: Oxford k's thoughts on twitter Top of thread

Views: 171

Not comparing like for like though, Kingsmeadow is still based on a non league ground that we built (Wombles moan enough about it),, Dartford is a non league ground, that stand at Macclesfield was built specifically to cater for EFL football where it is standard practice to segregate. The non league matchday experience is far superior that's why we do it, my point about Maccy is the fare offered was decent and the prices were VERY reasonable.

2 people like this 2 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)15/11 21:24Fri Nov 15 21:24:46 2019In response to Re: Oxford k's thoughts on twitter Top of thread

Views: 172

It was a standing only hole beside the toilets with very poor drink selection and apart from a small pie,nothing worth eating.
No seating while you may have fancied a beer and a feeling that ladies were certainly not even considered

1 person likes this 1 person   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Alastair14/11 17:01Thu Nov 14 17:01:34 2019In response to Re: Oxford k's thoughts on twitter Top of thread

Views: 439

Pay on the day obviously needs to be available - and affordable - but we should still try to sell as many tickets in advance as possible, as it both builds the buzz and urgency, and also it locks people in to coming who might have decided against it by the day.

3 people like this 3 people   

By Mike (KsMikey)15/11 15:46Fri Nov 15 15:46:33 2019In response to Re: Oxford k's thoughts on twitter Top of thread

Views: 246

Segregation? Presumably that may be lurking around someone’s thoughts

Don’t think they take many away but given this is 2nd Round

Neither witty or imaginative to have one

Previous thread: More Vomit by Olde School Ks15/11 14:45Fri Nov 15 14:45:28 2019view thread