ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on forum.kingstonian.net

The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Ks players who went on to play in the football… by SDGToday 22:34Today at 22:34:31view thread

Oldest article: Players Sponsorship Update by John Bangs8/5/2019 08:34Wed May 8 08:34:21 20191 person dislikes this 1 personview thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Yesterday & thanks. by supahoops712/1 10:02Sun Jan 12 10:02:55 2020view thread

Coach for potential FA Trophy replay

By www.kingstonian.com (fwpbot)7/1 22:20Tue Jan 7 22:20:53 2020

Views: 801

If a replay is required, there will be a coach to the game at Leamington.

Read the full news item at https://www.kingstonian.com/news/coach-for-potential-fa-trophy-replay/973

reply to this article | return to the front page

3 people like this 3 people   

Re: Coach for potential FA Trophy replay

By John Bangs12/1 00:16Sun Jan 12 00:16:38 2020In response to Coach for potential FA Trophy replayTop of thread

Views: 347

Can be booked and paid via the Club shop on the website
https://kingstonianshop.weebly.com/membership-digital-progs-coaches.html

........ or you can book a place by phone or email and pay on the coach.

2 people like this 2 people   

Coach forFA Trophy replay

By John Bangs11/1 17:43Sat Jan 11 17:43:41 2020In response to Coach for potential FA Trophy replayTop of thread

Views: 361

We go ⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️

COYKs

By reximus11/1 17:31Sat Jan 11 17:31:07 2020In response to Coach for potential FA Trophy replayTop of thread

Views: 357

Once again, congratulations are in order for having the foresight to arrange and publicise this. It seems that lessons really were learnt after the Weston-super-Mare debacle.

rex

1 person likes this 1 person   

By John Bangs8/1 06:58Wed Jan 8 06:58:28 2020In response to Coach for potential FA Trophy replayTop of thread

Views: 649

Well, obviously we are hoping for a win that would make this unnecessary. However, in the event of a draw. there do not appear to be realistic train travel options for getting back from Leamington by train. The ground is three miles away from the station and according to Leamington FC the “railway station is about three miles miles from the stadium. There are no footpaths for the final 2 miles and walking is NOT advisable. It is recommended to travel by vehicle, either bus or car to the stadium.”

In the event of extra time, people would have to leave well before the end or not get home until after 5am the following day.

5 people like this 5 people   

WHY KINGSMEADOW

By PAULFOLEY8/1 08:57Wed Jan 8 08:57:08 2020In response to Re: Coach for potential FA Trophy replayTop of thread

Views: 727

Just a question why do we use Kingsmeadow still it is nothing to do with us

1 person dislikes this 1 person

KINGSMEADOW because

By John Bangs8/1 09:21Wed Jan 8 09:21:41 2020In response to WHY KINGSMEADOWTop of thread

Views: 673

The pickup point is in the main road outside of Kingsmeadow and this alsoused for first team coaches? Why? .... because there is a free public car park and quite a bit of nearby on street parking. When we have offered multiple pick up points , this is easily the most popular.

BTW. ..... Kingstonian Mind United train at the Kingsmeadow Athletics Centre.

5 people like this 5 people   

Re: WHY KINGSMEADOW

By a krinkly8/1 09:10Wed Jan 8 09:10:59 2020In response to WHY KINGSMEADOWTop of thread

Views: 645

It is a public parking space in a convenient location.

1 person likes this 1 person   

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)8/1 09:22Wed Jan 8 09:22:41 2020In response to Re: WHY KINGSMEADOWTop of thread

Views: 606

So are many other places.
We dont play at Kingsmeadow,the olde chestnut again.
For those in New Malden,whats wrong with the bus stop on Kingston Road outdide Norton House where the 152 bus rests.Its for busses to pull in and stop.
Please stop this Kingsmeadow nightmare but thanks a plenty for potentially running an excellent Anderson coach.

By Vicky (Alan L.)8/1 09:33Wed Jan 8 09:33:29 2020In response to Re: WHY KINGSMEADOWTop of thread

Views: 603

Kingsmeadow nightmare! Bit ott and doesnt seem to bother those who actually use the service

2 people like this 2 people   

By Vicky (Alan L.)8/1 09:29Wed Jan 8 09:29:41 2020In response to Re: WHY KINGSMEADOWTop of thread

Views: 624

Kingsmeadow parking is large and free and you dont have to drive into Kingston proper avoiding traffic

By jon tolley8/1 20:25Wed Jan 8 20:25:01 2020In response to Re: WHY KINGSMEADOWTop of thread

Views: 566

must be a clue that we're about to go back to Kingsmeadow

2 people like this 2 people   2 people dislike this 2 people

By Iang10/1 21:59Fri Jan 10 21:59:57 2020In response to Re: WHY KINGSMEADOWTop of thread

Views: 369

I don't want to go back there, hopefully I've missed any irony intended, rattling around like 300 peas in large bucket, nah been there done that

3 people like this 3 people   4 people dislike this 4 people

By Iang9/1 10:32Thu Jan 9 10:32:19 2020In response to Re: WHY KINGSMEADOWTop of thread

Views: 461

I don't want to go back there, hopefully I've missed any irony intended, rattling around like 300 peas in large bucket, nah been there done that

2 people like this 2 people   3 people dislike this 3 people

By Berkshire Hoop (Berkshire Hoops)8/1 20:52Wed Jan 8 20:52:21 2020In response to Re: WHY KINGSMEADOWTop of thread

Views: 537

If only that was true.

Keith.

Why worry, be happy.

1 person likes this 1 person   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)9/1 07:11Thu Jan 9 07:11:51 2020In response to Re: WHY KINGSMEADOWTop of thread

Views: 439

Get rid of those blue seats first.
Waching Chelsea girls last Sunday and even though it is Chelsea and its their ground those seats looked strange

2 people dislike this 2 people

By a krinkly8/1 09:29Wed Jan 8 09:29:03 2020In response to Re: WHY KINGSMEADOWTop of thread

Views: 582

Kingsmeadow is perfect for those who need to park a car before getting on the coach to a long distance match, no sports concern has any sort of priority over use of the parking facilities. Swings and roundabouts, it's a solution that works, no option would be ideal for all, that's what life is about.

4 people like this 4 people   

By Paddy (Paddy1)8/1 09:59Wed Jan 8 09:59:00 2020In response to Re: WHY KINGSMEADOWTop of thread

Views: 552

Agree it's good for those driving, not as convenient for anyone taking public transport to pick up the coach if they live out Surbiton ways or beyond as it's an additional bus out of Kingston (compared to one random example of Birkenhead Avenue behind Tiffin) which in essence is the point of a supporters coach - to assist with travel to a fixture for those who need the assistance.

If I ever took the supporters coach, on a selfish level I'd prefer KM as I live within womble decibel level of the ground (they've only got one song & damn is it boring) however I know people who live much closer to the ground than I, one being a fellow K & they are already super pissed off that their road & the surrounding roads is clogged with football parking on Womble & Chelsea Ladies match days so instructing people to park there if the KM car park is full is only going to serve to further annoy the locals, as comparitively small our parking needs are in comparison.

In short... I guess what I'm trying to say is it may be a crap option, but until we've actively tried somewhere else for a period of time it will always be considered the least crap option.

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)8/1 11:14Wed Jan 8 11:14:52 2020In response to Re: WHY KINGSMEADOWTop of thread

Views: 533

Tiffin was tried and tested and successful in the Leatherhead days but seems to be forgotten now

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)8/1 09:57Wed Jan 8 09:57:45 2020In response to Re: WHY KINGSMEADOWTop of thread

Views: 535

Beware the solution for the few nor the many
You ask those who travel what they prefer,fair enough nothing wrong with that,who though ever seeks the view of those who dont find it the best option.
Would we get more people on the coaches if we were to seek wider views and not just the few,well,if we at least tried we maybe able to get a better coach,better timings and better fares.
Everything about Dartford was good everything about Macclesfield was even better and the fares with good support was very good.

By Ali (ali.kazemi)9/1 14:05Thu Jan 9 14:05:53 2020In response to Re: WHY KINGSMEADOWTop of thread

Views: 411

It was easy enough to get to Kingsmeadow for home matches so why not now for taking coaches?

Fundamentally it offers plenty of parking. A lot of people who have used the coaches over the years have driven to it - myself included. This makes sense.

For Paddy's point on congestion and parking - I don't think half a dozen or so cars will make any tangible difference. In fact the car park looks very bare when it's just our coach travel cars parked there.

By Paddy (Paddy1)9/1 16:10Thu Jan 9 16:10:05 2020In response to Re: WHY KINGSMEADOWTop of thread

Views: 447

"For Paddy's point on congestion and parking - I don't think half a dozen or so cars will make any tangible difference. In fact the car park looks very bare when it's just our coach travel cars parked there."

Generally speaking, no it wouldn't. But I'm just stating what I know local residents feel with regards to football fans parking on their roads - if a perfect storm materialises & we've got to run a coach while a separate event is happening at KM which as unlikely as it may sound isn't an impossible scenario then it's our half a dozen cars on top of however many x amount of cars already going. As it is I'm surprised they've not already tried to protest for permit parking around there since AFCW's sat nav ballsed up in 2002 & brought them to Kingston.

Previous thread: Hayden interview - Leamington by BedfordshireK11/1 18:55Sat Jan 11 18:55:31 2020view thread