ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on forum.kingstonian.net

The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Grier's Guide to the 2013-14 Season by PaddyToday 08:55Today at 08:55:16view thread

Oldest article: Cryptically Connected by a krinkly31/5/2019 02:18Fri May 31 02:18:20 20191 person dislikes this 1 personview thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: And so to Saturday by Olde School Ks7/1 17:58Tue Jan 7 17:58:06 2020view thread

Club Statement

By www.kingstonian.com (fwpbot)8/1 18:26Wed Jan 8 18:26:47 2020

Views: 931

Kingstonian issue a statement regarding the departure of Louie Theophanous.

Read the full news item at https://www.kingstonian.com/news/club-statement/976

reply to this article | return to the front page

11 people dislike this 11 people

Re: Club Statement

By supahoops79/1 07:38Thu Jan 9 07:38:31 2020In response to Club StatementTop of thread

Views: 634

Dear oh dear, maybe the club should have made this shortened
statement last Saturday when Thoephanus effectively walked away
from the club instead of allowing Hayden to say much in support of
the player and pretty much leaving him out on a limb. The board
are acting rather blinkered in their anxiety to want to 'move on' quickly
from a very embarrassing situation and don't want the distraction of
a legal challenge, if they were up for one!. Really, what is the point
of a contract if it fails to bind an asset to the club?
I know there's a big game Saturday and I shall be there supporting the
boys and Hayden, but in a blink we will be without the two most influential
players on the pitch that have shaped our success this season if Dan Bennett
is suspended and Theophanus gone. Dsane is cup tied I believe and I'm not
sure about Osbourne. I think this sorry situation will inevitably be affecting the
squad and club in general. I can't see it not affecting Saturday's outcome and
the run in for the season and even future gates. I feel sorry for Hayden and
the rest of the squad and I hope they won't feel undermined by all of this and
continue to work their magic in the weeks to come.
Come on u Ks!

2 people like this 2 people   

By Ali (ali.kazemi)9/1 14:14Thu Jan 9 14:14:54 2020In response to Re: Club StatementTop of thread

Views: 551

The finer details aside, I can't see how you put us in the wrong here.

Would you not want to be given a reason when a regular first team player leaves? Imagine the outcry if we just said "xxx has left by mutual consent" with no further detail.

The player told us why they left and in return we realised them from their contact - which we were not obliged to do. The only threat of a legal challenge I would forsee would be for illegal approaches and/or being not wholly honest in order to secure a contract release.

1 person likes this 1 person   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Suom Ynona8/1 18:39Wed Jan 8 18:39:26 2020In response to Club StatementTop of thread

Views: 795

This statement stinks. Firstly, one of the chairmen of this club tweeted something on Monday that completely contradicts this, secondly, I checked and saw that on Sunday evening after it was announced that he'd left Louie had already deleted his Instagram account (no idea if he has a new one and don't care). This indicates to me that he removed it in anticipation of potential stick that he might get. It was premeditated on his part and I dare say that the deal to Romford had already been agreed. Add to that a tweet of Tamplin's (since removed) on Sunday claimed that he'd agreed deals for 3 new players (doubt you could prove anything with this as he's signed so many players).

I don't begrudge him moving for what was likely to be a huge wage. I'd probably do the same as well. But this whole story about needing time out of the game, selling his sob story to the board, his phoney statement at the end as well and then his signing for Romford being announced less than half a day later is pretty scummy behaviour on his part.

If people have been giving him abuse online then that's pretty stupid as well. Just forget about the money grabber and concentrate on us going forward for the rest of the season. No good can come from it.

12 people like this 12 people   

By reximus8/1 18:46Wed Jan 8 18:46:20 2020In response to Re: Club StatementTop of thread

Views: 790

I haven't read every comment that every poster has made - but the abuse Louie has received is justified. He's mugged us off.

We were naive to believe his lies; we should have made more of the fact that he was under contract.

I have no beef with Romford FC but I hope he gets relegated with his mate Tamplin.

rex

12 people like this 12 people   

By MC8/1 18:37Wed Jan 8 18:37:31 2020In response to Club StatementTop of thread

Views: 1016

I'm struggling to see the point of this...?

5 people like this 5 people   

By Peter Borrett8/1 18:54Wed Jan 8 18:54:32 2020In response to Re: Club StatementTop of thread

Views: 754

The content of the club statement of Louies departure on Sunday with the announcement by Romford the next morning. Combine that with Glen Tamplins way for football club ownership then the views since on this forum shouldn’t be a surprise. Having said that there has been further conversation between the player and club with an outcome they are both satisfied with. Obviously Louie leaving was a disappointment but the squad is strong and still capable of climbing the table as well as further progress in the cups. Reading between the lines the club wants to devote energy to moving onwards and upwards rather than be sidetracked on past events that can’t be rectified.

4 people like this 4 people   

By reximus8/1 19:00Wed Jan 8 19:00:50 2020In response to Re: Club StatementTop of thread

Views: 717

Peter, I agree with the last sentiment in your post - the Club and the players and he supporters should not allow Louie's snake-in-the-grass, pathetic, money-grabbing behaviour to distract them from a MASSIVE game on Saturday.

Louie's conniving BOLLOCKS should motivate us to win on Saturday without him. Fuck him to Helen Back.

rex

7 people like this 7 people   

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)8/1 19:12Wed Jan 8 19:12:34 2020In response to Re: Club StatementTop of thread

Views: 720

Cant help but agree with the views from Rex.
We must forget amd move on but the Board have nievly been mugged off.
Shame on Louis for wat amounts to a deception and sorry for the Board who let it happen without sticking to his word.
What is a man's word today in football at every level and we fell for it.Wake up.
Sorry to tar all.

1 person likes this 1 person   

By Ali (ali.kazemi)9/1 14:18Thu Jan 9 14:18:42 2020In response to Re: Club StatementTop of thread

Views: 543

Call us naive, but shouldn't we be commended for trying to listen to and help our players - who when under contract are technically employees.

By reximus9/1 14:24Thu Jan 9 14:24:36 2020In response to Re: Club StatementTop of thread

Views: 539

Some people have suggested that the player was hinting at mental health issues so, in the circumstances, the Club was right to release him from his contract. The naivety comes from failing to apply a non-compete clause to his release, up to the natural/intended end date of his contract.

rex

By a krinkly9/1 15:04Thu Jan 9 15:04:53 2020In response to Re: Club StatementTop of thread

Views: 514

If there is any substance in what some people have suggested about health issues, then hounding the man is wrong, simple as that.

It's time to draw a line under this and get on with the rest of the season, win lose or draw Saturday should be a positive experience all round.

2 people like this 2 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By reximus9/1 15:08Thu Jan 9 15:08:28 2020In response to Re: Club StatementTop of thread

Views: 518

Any health issues he had seemed to clear up within about 18 hours of leaving Ks.

rex

By a krinkly9/1 15:15Thu Jan 9 15:15:49 2020In response to Re: Club StatementTop of thread

Views: 529

Mate, if you've ever had any issues with stress, anxiety, whatever think back to what you were feeling like and the effect it had on your decision making, benefit of the doubt. If we've been played for patseys we have, it's time to move on.

3 people like this 3 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Ali (ali.kazemi)9/1 14:27Thu Jan 9 14:27:08 2020In response to Re: Club StatementTop of thread

Views: 517

I think you make a very interesting and valid point at the end there.

By reximus8/1 18:50Wed Jan 8 18:50:52 2020In response to Re: Club StatementTop of thread

Views: 748

I'm struggling to see the point of this...?

It smacks of a defence against threats of legal action.

rex

8 people like this 8 people   

By Vicky (Alan L.)8/1 20:00Wed Jan 8 20:00:58 2020In response to Re: Club StatementTop of thread

Views: 694

Would be hilarious to be personally sued for calling someone a lying toerag - what a sad individual. Dont see how the club could be liable for anything we choose to say despite this further baffling statement.

2 people like this 2 people   

By Alastair8/1 19:45Wed Jan 8 19:45:50 2020In response to Re: Club StatementTop of thread

Views: 696

It does indeed.

Which suggests they have been very badly advised. Which is worrying given the likelihood of legal action being required over the coming years re AFCW ground money etc.

By K's19609/1 07:51Thu Jan 9 07:51:31 2020In response to Re: Club StatementTop of thread

Views: 625

Just when I was thinking we on this Forum could put all this behind us the Board throws a curve ball with an ill advised statement, I find this very worrying. Surely they could have waited until after Saturdays match. Good luck K's on Saturday COYK's

By Paddy (Paddy1)9/1 09:21Thu Jan 9 09:21:03 2020In response to Re: Club StatementTop of thread

Views: 596

Judging by the comments here & on the social media posts of this the club statement has spectacularly backfired & exacerbated the situation. Nothing like bringing a can of petrol to help put out a fire.

3 people like this 3 people   

By Ohdear (Ksuals)9/1 15:52Thu Jan 9 15:52:14 2020In response to Re: Club StatementTop of thread

Views: 504

Without knowledge of dialogue between the club and player,I think Ks acted as a caring and fair employer towards a member of staff.
Wheather they were foolish not to attach conditions to release again it depends on what Louie said.
As for the statement I can't see what people are getting so hot under the collar about. But hey ho.

By Coach10/1 11:26Fri Jan 10 11:26:48 2020In response to Re: Club StatementTop of thread

Views: 414

Think we need to focus on what we are doing now, rather than what has happened that is out of our control!

3 people like this 3 people   

Previous thread: Bet 365 by Olde School Ks10/1 09:50Fri Jan 10 09:50:12 2020view thread