ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on forum.kingstonian.net

The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Hayden on Cray by reximusToday 11:42Today at 11:42:06view thread

Oldest article: Grays Athletic game on Sunday is off by www.kingstonian.com20/9/2019 14:53Fri Sep 20 14:53:17 2019view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Sparkle Malawi charity day tomorrow by www.kingstonian.com7/2 09:38Fri Feb 7 09:38:37 2020view thread

Conceding late goals

By reximus1/2 17:37Sat Feb 1 17:37:41 2020

Views: 1056

Is this becoming a thing?

rex

reply to this article | return to the front page

1 person likes this 1 person   3 people dislike this 3 people

Re: Conceding late goals

By WorcesterK5/2 21:38Wed Feb 5 21:38:25 2020In response to Conceding late goalsTop of thread

Views: 768

Yup. Another one tonight.

By Stoney (Stoney8587)5/2 21:54Wed Feb 5 21:54:29 2020In response to Re: Conceding late goalsTop of thread

Views: 720

Being blunt, there is nothing to come off the bench.

1 person likes this 1 person   

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)5/2 22:36Wed Feb 5 22:36:51 2020In response to Re: Conceding late goalsTop of thread

Views: 749

Late goals and drawn games leaves us in 11th place but if we win all our games in hand while all above us lose theirs we shall be.....11th.
Well bring on Saturday and go again and lets make the best of the rest of the season which of coarse been excellent.

By supahoops76/2 07:41Thu Feb 6 07:41:05 2020In response to Re: Conceding late goalsTop of thread

Views: 650

We were good to watch again last night. I can't tell if we are missing
Cook and Hall, but I guess we must be. We rode our luck a bit again,
but deserved 3 points IMO. So frustrating to concede very late this time.
Disappointingly low attendance of 255, albeit a miserable Feb Weds evening.

4 people like this 4 people   

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)6/2 08:36Thu Feb 6 08:36:03 2020In response to Re: Conceding late goalsTop of thread

Views: 610

Think the crowd is dissapointing and has been but in fairness to our followers,not only does mid-table football not offer a lot but with no trains at weekends as well,we cant expect too much.
I think we saw with the cup games,we have only limited match day excitability.A ground that is so difficult to get to and the limited car parking at big games and a bar that is almost non accessible at these big matches.No easy bus without a long walk involved.
These are not problems which can be overcome easily in a ground that is not our own but if we can at least be challenging next season,I am sure the gates will grow but it really does seem that where we need to improve our league form a little more the overall problems and logistics with the ground may only be overcome with a move.

1 person dislikes this 1 person

By My lovely horse (Nick Garland)7/2 19:15Fri Feb 7 19:15:21 2020In response to Re: Conceding late goalsTop of thread

Views: 408

What ground are you suggesting we move to to resolve these ‘ logistical problems?’

Edited by Nick Garland at 19:17:35 on 7th February 2020
Edited by Nick Garland at 19:20:14 on 7th February 2020

2 people like this 2 people   

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)7/2 19:26Fri Feb 7 19:26:42 2020In response to Re: Conceding late goalsTop of thread

Views: 395

No solutions
Sometimes there are no solutions.
Logistical difficulties but we are where we are
Been to Wembley with Ks and Chelsea on a number of occasions but whatever presents itself that is it for logistical reasons.
Been to almost every ground there is to go to but most not logistically possible for me now
I think we are where we are and if could be a lot worse.Love the steward in a poor bar doing his best.Love the team in a poor ground but best or only under the circumstances
Always having a dig for the better

1 person likes this 1 person   2 people dislike this 2 people

By My lovely horse (Nick Garland)7/2 22:01Fri Feb 7 22:01:33 2020In response to Re: Conceding late goalsTop of thread

Views: 380

I think it’s a bit harsh to call it a poor ground. The terracing behind both goals is perfectly adequate in my opinion. It could of course be made better but that’s perhaps if Ks formalise an agreement with Casuals where the AFCW money will come into play. It’s also a bit harsh to say that it’s logistically difficult to get to. There are some better grounds but many far worse if you don’t drive. Grounds just outside London but adjacent to RBK like Met Police, Leatherhead, the Walton Hub aren’t exactly easy to get to. However I accept it could be different for others.

Edited by Nick Garland at 22:13:20 on 7th February 2020

2 people like this 2 people   

By Ohdear (Ksuals)7/2 20:56Fri Feb 7 20:56:12 2020In response to Re: Conceding late goalsTop of thread

Views: 392

I know where we are - Tolworth

By a krinkly6/2 09:13Thu Feb 6 09:13:38 2020In response to Re: Conceding late goalsTop of thread

Views: 627

No easy bus service? The K2 is (1) very frequent, (2) goes through both Kingston and Surbiton town centres, (3) has a stop a couple of hundred yards from the ground. What's not easy about that?

2 people like this 2 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Paddy (Paddy1)6/2 12:13Thu Feb 6 12:13:59 2020In response to Re: Conceding late goalsTop of thread

Views: 585

Have you ever sat on the K2 from Kingston to get to a K's game? Once the bus gets in to Surbiton it decides to take every back road known to man. I've gotten off the K2 just before it comes off of the main road near Hollyfield school & beat it to the Tolworth A3 junction before by walking on the main road up to the broadway (okay there was a bit of traffic & I walk freakishly fast but still...).

By a krinkly6/2 12:46Thu Feb 6 12:46:55 2020In response to Re: Conceding late goalsTop of thread

Views: 534

I've taken the K2 from the start at the Hospital to Moor Lane in Chessington, and the other way to the hospital so yes I do know the journey, that's what buses do. Maybe my perspective is different 'enjoying' a local service that has two per hour in the busy period, then just hourly, the K2 in comparison seems fine to me.

By Paddy (Paddy1)6/2 12:52Thu Feb 6 12:52:01 2020In response to Re: Conceding late goalsTop of thread

Views: 525

Your 2 per hour service seems positively urban in comparison to where I'm from :)

But that wasn't the point.

By a krinkly6/2 13:06Thu Feb 6 13:06:47 2020In response to Re: Conceding late goalsTop of thread

Views: 541

So the K2 should seem like a dream service to you, or are you now fully Tooniefied?

By Paddy (Paddy1)6/2 13:33Thu Feb 6 13:33:36 2020In response to Re: Conceding late goalsTop of thread

Views: 516

The 131 & 213 have spoiled me.

By a krinkly6/2 13:36Thu Feb 6 13:36:49 2020In response to Re: Conceding late goalsTop of thread

Views: 524

Oh Paddy a pampered Tooney shame on you!

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)6/2 11:51Thu Feb 6 11:51:54 2020In response to Re: Conceding late goalsTop of thread

Views: 567

Start to listen my friend.
If supporters tell you of difficulties they may have getting to the ground and of certainl problems when they are there particually on big matches,please listen.It is importent you take these things on board.
I dont think there is to much wrong on the playing side although the draws are frustating
That was a point last night where we almost had three but against a top and difficult side.
Please look at the immense improvement this season through the squad and management and realise just how far we have come.

2 people dislike this 2 people

By BE6/2 15:09Thu Feb 6 15:09:23 2020In response to Re: Conceding late goalsTop of thread

Views: 512

We need an entrance closer to Davis Road.

By Stoney (Stoney8587)6/2 15:28Thu Feb 6 15:28:38 2020In response to Re: Conceding late goalsTop of thread

Views: 528

I park down Davis Road (Last night there were half a dozen cars there and LOADS of spaces), and it's so much easier getting out after the game.

Unless you have mobility issues I'm not sure why anyone would choose to park in the car park, the underpass, or the roads just outside the ground next to the A3.

By old and grey6/2 16:24Thu Feb 6 16:24:58 2020In response to Re: Conceding late goalsTop of thread

Views: 506

In all honesty i thought a draw was a fair result as we had a huge slice of luck
on the stroke of halftime when the ball hit the inside of the post with ROB beaten.
Once again entertaining football from us,but for the most part we lacked a killer
finish,it has to be said that DSANE just does not look like scoring,he had a poor
game,the same goes for BENNETT who for most of the game looked out of sorts.
We badly need the services of a more robust forward like LOUIE,we are lightweight
up front and give very little threat from corners ,in fact any ball hit high into the box.
32 goals scored is a paltry return ,we need to remedy this very quickly if we are to make
the playoffs.

By Chas6/2 17:19Thu Feb 6 17:19:26 2020In response to Re: Conceding late goalsTop of thread

Views: 505

I thought Horsham were the moaniest side we've played since the days of Lowestoft, every time one of their players hit the turf we were subjected to screams and hollers, but I agree with your point that we fortunate on the stroke of half time. Great strike deserved better.

3 people like this 3 people   

20 hours after........

By Max Hustwick Teenage Fan Club (MHTFC)6/2 17:30Thu Feb 6 17:30:44 2020In response to Re: Conceding late goalsTop of thread

Views: 550

I really enjoyed the game, and agree with you about Horsham and their tactics. Loved winding up their bench as well, they got really ratty and I thought the ref was going to send off their manager.

Loved the antics of the keeper after he'd been lobbed. He didn't know whether to appeal for a foul or pretend he was injured, so he just lay on the ground thinking about it. Great strike!

Their number two didn't stop moaning and falling over all game - shame the ref didn't do anything about it.

We do need a striker to replace Louis - we need someone who is selfish in the box and isn't afraid to shoot. Everytime we got near the goal last night, the players wanted to pass the ball instead of having a crack at goal. Eddie is no doubt a good player - but he isn't a centre-forward!

4 people like this 4 people   

By a krinkly6/2 16:15Thu Feb 6 16:15:39 2020In response to Re: Conceding late goalsTop of thread

Views: 513

My parking preference also, I've yet to find it impossible to park there although I did make a point of getting there before 2pm for the big cup matches just to be sure. A short stroll into the ground, you get to eavesdrop the dressing room post match on the way back.

By BE6/2 10:10Thu Feb 6 10:10:19 2020In response to Re: Conceding late goalsTop of thread

Views: 652

200 yards? More like 800. Last night once again we lacked a striker. The bench is very poor and offers nothing! Hayden is set in a rut with no plan' B ' or 'C'. We can't play knock out football all the time but the League Form especially at home is poor and must be improved urgently.

Edited by BE at 10:16:46 on 6th February 2020

3 people dislike this 3 people

By Ali (ali.kazemi)7/2 18:57Fri Feb 7 18:57:15 2020In response to Re: Conceding late goalsTop of thread

Views: 447

Someone made an interesting point about how we seem to do better away from home. Not as many people sitting in the main stand wanting to moan from the off.

5 people like this 5 people   

Previous thread: Brightlingsea Prediction by John Bangs7/2 10:27Fri Feb 7 10:27:31 2020view thread