ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on forum.kingstonian.net

The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: M?o cá c??c LOL trên KUBET by thanhthuy02Today 04:19Today at 04:19:24view thread

Oldest article: Next season by BE8/7/2019 16:00Mon Jul 8 16:00:35 2019view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: TONIGHT by BE11/2 10:21Tue Feb 11 10:21:01 2020view thread

Big game tomorrow

By reximus10/2 09:53Mon Feb 10 09:53:50 2020

Views: 613

A win over Leatherhead will put right on the edge of the pack chasing the play-off spots as we enter the last third of the season and, as a classic six pointer, will deny Leatherhead those same points. If we can win that, and the game on Saturday against Cray (one of the teams already in the play-off spots) then we can look forward to an exciting period with 'everything to play for'.

I really hope that Hayden Bird doesn't start to rest on his laurels. He continues to cite good cup runs (justifiably) and talks about how this year is only a platform and no-one should expect too much - but he is obviously a good coach and we have the nucleus of a very good squad (perhaps we need an all-out striker, and more depth on the bench to see games out) so reaching the play-offs really ought to be the ambition, now.

As other people have pointed out, the cup runs should give us the budget to strengthen the squad - so why not, Hayden? A push for the play-offs? It's surely within reach...

rex

reply to this article | return to the front page

2 people like this 2 people   2 people dislike this 2 people

Re: Big game tomorrow

By supahoops711/2 07:18Tue Feb 11 07:18:15 2020In response to Big game tomorrowTop of thread

Views: 384

All very fair points that you make there. I think Hayden is very much
his own man and in complete contrast to the previous encumbent.
I was half expecting him to bring in a Doughty/ Daly type loanee to
fill the gap left by our top scorer, but I realise by his monthly updates
that is not his way. In theory, games in hand won puts us just outside
the play offs. I'm not expecting much of a return from Leatherhead or
Cray. Cray were fancied from the start and are coming good at the right
time. I'd be happy with a point at both of those. Threre is a lot of expectation
at our club and I hear the 'moaners' at most home games, but like Dowse
before him, Hayden is used to that. Let's just say I remain optomistic rather
than expectant of a play off place. Either way, I'm excited by watching Ks
again and I like the 'brand' of football Hayden is presenting. We have to
be patient. Come on u Ks!

2 people like this 2 people   

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)11/2 08:10Tue Feb 11 08:10:33 2020In response to Re: Big game tomorrowTop of thread

Views: 391

Totally agree with all of that.
Two tough games ahead now and as much as I enjoy a day out in Leatherhead this one could be very hard in the cold and windy conditions with both sides going for it.
Hayden knows what he is doing and where he is going and should enjoy the support and confidence of us all

3 people like this 3 people   

By reximus11/2 09:05Tue Feb 11 09:05:01 2020In response to Re: Big game tomorrowTop of thread

Views: 358

Must say, Hayden's passing football should be much better suited to a windy day than hoofing it.

rex

2 people like this 2 people   

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)10/2 11:20Mon Feb 10 11:20:40 2020In response to Big game tomorrowTop of thread

Views: 555

Sorry but the play offs with or without a win at Leatherhead became a step too far after Bognor and maybe before.
No disgrace,a terrific season beyond all our expectations,but lets now try and win every game but understand its getting the squad right for a big start to next term.
Played with pressure all season starting poorly and then the excitement but pressure of the cup while trying to push up the league table.
This we have done and coped with very well but now lets get Louis back or someone else as good and pushing further up the table,look forward with confidence
Hope Leatherhead goes ahead

2 people like this 2 people   4 people dislike this 4 people

By old and grey10/2 19:23Mon Feb 10 19:23:03 2020In response to Re: Big game tomorrowTop of thread

Views: 432

Your pessimism is very depressing OSK's,
you must learn to be more optimistic .

3 people like this 3 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)10/2 19:31Mon Feb 10 19:31:55 2020In response to Re: Big game tomorrowTop of thread

Views: 425

I am the most of realists.
Really want Ks there but cant quite see it
Again....Love the season and the manager and full of possitivness but feeling the best to come next season.Hope I am proved wrong

By Stoney (Stoney8587)10/2 12:36Mon Feb 10 12:36:59 2020In response to Re: Big game tomorrowTop of thread

Views: 530

Don’t agree at all.

17 games left, 51 points to play for.

K’s currently have 38 from 25. Last year, 70 points made the playoffs. 71 points actually made 2nd.

Despite the cup runs, it’s been almost 2 points a game since the woeful start.

Replicate that and we finish on 72 points which will have us very very close.

We do need to win tomorrow and on Saturday, so a big ask. But it’s certainly not a step too far.

Edited by Stoney8587 at 12:37:15 on 10th February 2020
Edited by Stoney8587 at 12:37:42 on 10th February 2020

4 people like this 4 people   

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)10/2 12:44Mon Feb 10 12:44:03 2020In response to Re: Big game tomorrowTop of thread

Views: 531

Hope your right,I am sure we all do,but not sure myself but how delighted I would be of you are right.

By old and grey10/2 16:04Mon Feb 10 16:04:44 2020In response to Re: Big game tomorrowTop of thread

Views: 506

Utter codswallop OSK's,as has been pointed out plenty of points
to play for, we will have a better idea when our games in hand are played.
To say our chance of a play-off place disappeared at BOGNOR is tripe

3 people like this 3 people   

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)10/2 17:50Mon Feb 10 17:50:02 2020In response to Re: Big game tomorrowTop of thread

Views: 473

Tripe..... You do yourself no favours again
Just an opinion and more than happy to be wrong.Would be pleased to be wrong and I shall celebrate with everyone else.
Tripe you may eat at your pleasure but be carefull nor to consume to much it may come back to haunt you.

1 person likes this 1 person   3 people dislike this 3 people

Previous thread: Sparkle Malawi collection by www.kingstonian.com9/2 21:03Sun Feb 9 21:03:28 2020view thread