ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on forum.kingstonian.net

The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Ban on away supporters by TaimourToday 09:36Today at 09:36:35view thread

Oldest article: Meet the Manager - 19 July : Family Fun Day - 20 J… by www.kingstonian.com30/6/2019 16:01Sun Jun 30 16:01:55 2019view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Harry Gregg RIP by K's196017/2 12:04Mon Feb 17 12:04:36 2020view thread

Give on then, I'll say it.

By reximus15/2 19:35Sat Feb 15 19:35:31 2020

Views: 686

Another draw.

Was it a case of two points dropped or one gained?

And did we really have SEVEN yellow cards?

rex

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Give on then, I'll say it.

By Suom Ynona15/2 19:45Sat Feb 15 19:45:33 2020In response to Give on then, I'll say it.Top of thread

Views: 643

Leaving the game I felt a little disappointed that we didn't win, but having said that I'd have taken a draw at half time as we were against the wind in the second half.

First half we had what I felt was a good goal disallowed when Beaney's corner went in. Anybody spot what the foul was given for? Bennett had a shot that was going in blocked by a defender's hand, but the ref thought otherwise and just before half time Bennett really should have done better with two scrambled attempts from 6 yards out.

Second half we were stuck in our half for large periods and were indebted to Tolfrey for making a fine double save pretty early on. Fabio hit a screamer from outside the area that rattled their crossbar before Cray had a goal disallowed and were awarded a corner instead (couldn't really see if the ball had gone off) and late on Tolfs made a superb save from Murrell-Williamson.

Overall it was probably about right, but I felt that we should have been at least one up at half time so a little frustrating. As for the bookings, the red had a complete shocker. Aside from the Kavanagh, Hall and Bennett bookings I don't think any of the others were deserved. Their midfielders were constantly fouling during the first half and a fair portion of the second but seemed to always get away with it.

4 people like this 4 people   

By supahoops715/2 20:31Sat Feb 15 20:31:56 2020In response to Re: Give on then, I'll say it.Top of thread

Views: 616

I've already said that I would have been happy with a point
apiece from these last two and so it proved. However, just like
Horsham, we really could and should have taken all three today.
The ref was a complete joke. Was it really 7 bookings?.
I'm now convinced that we are poised to still challenge for
a play off place and I really think the manager and players
think that too.

2 people like this 2 people   

By Stoney (Stoney8587)15/2 21:48Sat Feb 15 21:48:30 2020In response to Re: Give on then, I'll say it.Top of thread

Views: 564

Agreed. There have been way too many draws recently but they have mainly come against teams around us in the league.

With Cheshunt, Wingate and Finchley, Casuals all to come shortly they are all “must win” games.

3 people like this 3 people   

By MC16/2 10:46Sun Feb 16 10:46:25 2020In response to Re: Give on then, I'll say it.Top of thread

Views: 484

Yesterday was an outstanding effort from the lads. Really really good. Yes it was 0-0, but at third in the league coming into the weekend. We hit the bar, we should have had a penalty, we had a goal disallowed and we had one off the line.

We have rightly all been pleased with the passing football this season but yesterday showed we are able to dig in and fight when required and we will need that next season when we push for promotion.

Unlike some others I've never been convinced that the playoffs has been on this year. We just dropped too many points early doors and then two brilliant cup runs meant we had such a big fixture pileup. When combined with injuries and Louie leaving, I think that always left an uphill task. It's easy to look at games in hand and think we can make up points, but we've never really put a winning run together so it seems unrealistic to me.

That's not a complaint though. We had our fun, and I think this squad - with one or two additions going forward - can challenge next year.

Yesterday was very enjoyable on and off the pitch.

Edited by MC at 10:46:37 on 16th February 2020

8 people like this 8 people   

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)16/2 11:25Sun Feb 16 11:25:04 2020In response to Re: Give on then, I'll say it.Top of thread

Views: 465

So much in agreament and so much enjoyment and hope out there now for the first time in many years.
Little more to do off the field to bring back match day fun but one really does feel the good days are returning and a good run up to play offs next season.That doesnt mean this season is over because it certainly isnt,a final push in the next few weeks to complete a run onword and upward.If we have had too many drawn games we have at least shown those above us we are not for taking easily any more

By K's196016/2 10:53Sun Feb 16 10:53:10 2020In response to Re: Give on then, I'll say it.Top of thread

Views: 465

Compared with last season K's are 110% better. Any relegation fears have now been banished under Hayden + a good result yesterday.

2 people like this 2 people   

By reximus16/2 12:29Sun Feb 16 12:29:12 2020In response to Re: Give on then, I'll say it.Top of thread

Views: 466

Unbeaten in the last eight games - even if we've drawn six of them. The only other team without a defeat in their last eight is yesterday's opponents, so that's something else to happy about.

rex

4 people like this 4 people   

By supahoops716/2 17:24Sun Feb 16 17:24:46 2020In response to Re: Give on then, I'll say it.Top of thread

Views: 418

Too right. We haven't lost to any of those above us or in the play off spots
in that last eight that you mention. We had Bognor, Cray, ETU and Horsham beaten in four of those.
Reece and Ollie will be back for the run in. We have Worthing to come at home and
a series of 'winnable' games for the run in. We might just sneak in on the rails or fall away.
We have nothing to fear. What a season this has been. As has been said, the lads have been
fantastic and they dug in again yesterday. We may not make the play offs, but I'm more
than happy to spend my hard earned watching Hayden and the lads trying to get there.

6 people like this 6 people   

By old and grey17/2 10:28Mon Feb 17 10:28:57 2020In response to Re: Give on then, I'll say it.Top of thread

Views: 403

I certainly don't think the players have given up on a
playoff place,until we play our catch up games then
the task will become clearer,the league leaders are next
up and they have lost 2 on the trot so hopefully we can
extend it to 3 and push on.
Trying to predict what will happen next season is a fools game,
every season starts on an even footing and to say a playoff place
or even as some have said winning it are a gimme are not talking
sense,the squad will change to some degree as will the personnel
at other clubs,that is why we must keep believing of the possibility
that we can still make the playoffs,plenty of points still to play for.

1 person likes this 1 person   

Previous thread: Kingstonian v Homophobia by www.kingstonian.com12/2 20:42Wed Feb 12 20:42:40 2020view thread