ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on forum.kingstonian.net

The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Ks players who went on to play in the football… by reximusToday 12:08Today at 12:08:02view thread

Oldest article: Players Sponsorship Update by John Bangs8/5/2019 08:34Wed May 8 08:34:21 20191 person dislikes this 1 personview thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: BetVictor Isthmian Premier Division results by Football Web Pages25/2 19:46Tue Feb 25 19:46:16 2020view thread

Worthing match report

By www.kingstonian.com (fwpbot)23/2 22:27Sun Feb 23 22:27:46 2020

Views: 680

Special guest reporter Eleanor Winter reports on Kingstonian vs. Worthing vs. A Strong Westerly Wind (0:0:0).

Read the full news item at https://www.kingstonian.com/match/2019-2020/isthmian-football-league-premier-division/kingstonian/worthing/144125/report

reply to this article | return to the front page

5 people like this 5 people   2 people dislike this 2 people

Re: Worthing match report

By Mike (KsMikey)24/2 20:45Mon Feb 24 20:45:24 2020In response to Worthing match reportTop of thread

Views: 322

Frankly I can’t be bothered to read all the posts here on the report

Having written a few in the past, I thought the point of having more than one writer was not only as coverage but also to reflect different styles and thoughts. Ks reports have always been slightly different from the average, superior. I think that many reports elsewhere are dull - a chronology of events with little flavour as to what’s happening including the atmosphere from behind the goals

Can we have more of this type - and others

I like the reports and this one was a joy to read

Thank you Taimour for allowing this

PS the PS at the end should have satisfied those who didn’t. And there’s always twitter- which can be read without having the app and an account

Neither witty or imaginative to have one

1 person likes this 1 person   

By Ohdear (Ksuals)24/2 20:53Mon Feb 24 20:53:18 2020In response to Re: Worthing match reportTop of thread

Views: 333

Mike my one regret reading your post is that I haven't the where withall to have put it so well. Thanks for such a good post.

2 people like this 2 people   

By KsOllie23/2 23:45Sun Feb 23 23:45:12 2020In response to Worthing match reportTop of thread

Views: 605

Interesting match report, better than the one that went viral a few years ago (the 3-2 win away at Leatherhead, sorry Jamie)

Who’s next guest match reporter

5 people like this 5 people   2 people dislike this 2 people

By MC23/2 22:32Sun Feb 23 22:32:47 2020In response to Worthing match reportTop of thread

Views: 617

Sorry but what on earth is this? Very strange.

I wasn't at the game and sounded very eventful - this report doesn't seem to full us in on the key details? Why was Osborne sent off? Why did we get a penalty?

I usually think the match reports are excellent and I know lots of people work very hard to do them, but I find myself a bit perplexed by this.

4 people like this 4 people   2 people dislike this 2 people

By reximus23/2 22:46Sun Feb 23 22:46:43 2020In response to Re: Worthing match reportTop of thread

Views: 593

Yes and no. I've been following Ks and reading the match reports on here for just over 20 years. The odd guest writer should be accepted, tolerated, welcomed (delete as necessary) I reckon. And we did have a more-than-10-minute video interview with the manager to fill in some of the blanks that you allude to.

rex

5 people like this 5 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By MC23/2 22:57Sun Feb 23 22:57:49 2020In response to Re: Worthing match reportTop of thread

Views: 580

Nothing wrong with a guest writer - or the odd unusual report - but I really would like to know some of the details

I watched Hayden's interview but I don't think it was mentioned how the penalty was won or how we managed to create/miss an open goal. Nor would I expect it to. You want that from a report.

I hope the guest writer enjoyed the game but this report is really poor

3 people like this 3 people   3 people dislike this 3 people

By Max Hustwick Teenage Fan Club (MHTFC)24/2 08:13Mon Feb 24 08:13:16 2020In response to Re: Worthing match reportTop of thread

Views: 532

You write down the questions on here that you want answers to - and I'll try to fill in the blanks.

For my part - the report was very tongue in cheek - and just makes a nice change. Some supporters of other clubs get bugger all - so lets celebrate the unsung contributors who give up their time each match to put these reports together!

7 people like this 7 people   

By a krinkly24/2 10:05Mon Feb 24 10:05:21 2020In response to Re: Worthing match reportTop of thread

Views: 489

A bit of whimsy for once and since I wasn't there do I feel cheated? No, but then again am I desperate to find out certain
specific match details? No, but if I was then like I assume many other forum users I've got the phone numbers of several who I do know were there, and could get in touch if I was that desperate, or wait to chat at the next match I do attend.

I'm getting a whiff of English Breakfast from the tea this thread seems to be blowing over....

2 people like this 2 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By MC24/2 09:05Mon Feb 24 09:05:10 2020In response to Re: Worthing match reportTop of thread

Views: 496

I’ve asked the questions about the key details of the match twice! The penalty. The red card. The open goal. These are things I would like to know more about. Or at least I did. I’ve almost given up bothering now as we seem to be celebrating the whimsical musings regretfully featured in the current “report”.

I completely agree with your comments about the programme and its contributors. Hence why I said “ I usually think the match reports are excellent and I know lots of people work very hard to do them”. But this is just an embarrassment really.

By Suom Ynona24/2 12:28Mon Feb 24 12:28:46 2020In response to Re: Worthing match reportTop of thread

Views: 423

The red card seemed very harsh to me. Their striker beat Osbourne to the ball and in the process hit the ball away from goal and towards the left side of our penalty area/their right wing. It was just outside the area and was a foul, but for me it was never a red.

The open goal was a bad miss. Gus (I think) robbed their midfielder whilst they were trying to play out from the back. He released Eddie down our right who cut in and squared it to Coker across the six yard box, who then scuffed his effort wide of the post. Their keeper did fly out at him and may have put him off, but really you'd expect most players to put it away.

The penalty seemed like a penalty to me. Eddie beat their player down the wing and cut into the box, their left back was the wrong side of him and brought him down. Might have gone down a little easily, but it was a silly challenge and none of their players complained at the time.

It was a really good performance overall. With 11 men we controlled most of the opening 20 minutes and were very unlucky not to score when Cooper's header came back of the inside of the post. Even with 10 men in the first half we seemed to be causing most of the problems, but the wind was making it difficult for them to get back up the pitch. Second half was mainly in our half, but we defended very well and didn't really concede many opportunities. Was definitely a point gained in the those circumstances, but was also a little frustrating given the three opportunities that were missed.

3 people like this 3 people   

By Filipo24/2 08:27Mon Feb 24 08:27:17 2020In response to Re: Worthing match reportTop of thread

Views: 540

When is the actual match report coming out for those of us who missed the game?

Edited by Filipo at 08:27:33 on 24th February 2020

3 people like this 3 people   2 people dislike this 2 people

By K's196024/2 09:09Mon Feb 24 09:09:25 2020In response to Re: Worthing match reportTop of thread

Views: 482

I enjoyed reading the report but I am an acolyte of the Goons, perhaps we can get Eccles and Bluebottle to contribute a report !!

By Ohdear (Ksuals)24/2 09:05Mon Feb 24 09:05:49 2020In response to Re: Worthing match reportTop of thread

Views: 500

Excellent report,but obviously not to the liking of the pompous few.

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)24/2 11:19Mon Feb 24 11:19:13 2020In response to Re: Worthing match reportTop of thread

Views: 447

Seems I have it all wrong that the pompous few are not the ones I always thought they were.

By MC24/2 09:10Mon Feb 24 09:10:53 2020In response to Re: Worthing match reportTop of thread

Views: 496

Yes I do apologise for wanting to know details like “how our player got sent off” from a match report. How pompous of me. I’m similarly pompous in that I like the TV listings to say what’s on ITV, and restaurant menus to say what I might be able to eat.

4 people like this 4 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By reximus24/2 09:10Mon Feb 24 09:10:04 2020In response to Re: Worthing match reportTop of thread

Views: 470

I've already given my thoughts on the match report - but there is absolutely no need to call people who didn't like it "pompous".

rex

1 person likes this 1 person   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Filipo24/2 09:14Mon Feb 24 09:14:29 2020In response to Re: Worthing match reportTop of thread

Views: 493

Yeah sorry for wanting to read a match report where we apparently dominated the league leaders with 10 men. The ‘my first football match’ notes are welcome maybe in a blog or on a forum post but not the match report.

Don’t worry everyone I’ll get my two year old to write the next report!

By Ohdear (Ksuals)24/2 11:00Mon Feb 24 11:00:11 2020In response to Re: Worthing match reportTop of thread

Views: 457

What on top of writing your posts. He's going to be a busy toddler

3 people like this 3 people   2 people dislike this 2 people

By Filipo24/2 11:04Mon Feb 24 11:04:18 2020In response to Re: Worthing match reportTop of thread

Views: 456

What on top of writing your posts. He's going to be a busy toddler

Well at least Ks fans know who he is unlike the anonymous tosser that you are!

2 people like this 2 people   2 people dislike this 2 people

By Ohdear (Ksuals)24/2 14:11Mon Feb 24 14:11:58 2020In response to Re: Worthing match reportTop of thread

Views: 406

Should stick to letting your toddler do the post Filipo,I'm sure it would better than that pathetic retort. Sad really.

3 people like this 3 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Filipo24/2 16:45Mon Feb 24 16:45:20 2020In response to Re: Worthing match reportTop of thread

Views: 398

Awww must be hard oh dear looking over your shoulder at matches wondering if someone is going to finally rumble you.

I’ll take no lectures or any points from someone who is an anonymous troll, especially the now obsession with my Toddler.

1 person likes this 1 person   3 people dislike this 3 people

By Ohdear (Ksuals)24/2 17:13Mon Feb 24 17:13:32 2020In response to Re: Worthing match reportTop of thread

Views: 371

I have no obsession with either you or any members of your family. It is quite disgraceful how you use your child to make false allegations. You should be truly ashamed of yourself.

4 people like this 4 people   2 people dislike this 2 people

By Filipo24/2 19:17Mon Feb 24 19:17:37 2020In response to Re: Worthing match reportTop of thread

Views: 327

You mentioned my toddler twice. Should I not be concerned?

What are these allegations?

By Ohdear (Ksuals)24/2 19:53Mon Feb 24 19:53:12 2020In response to Re: Worthing match reportTop of thread

Views: 325

I was replying to your post in which you included your child.

You have clearly alleged I have an obsession with your child.

It is one thing to imply I should be worried if my identity is discovered,quite another to make such a serious allegation.

I think it is best for you to reflect on your your behaviour and hopefully you will realise the error of your ways.

6 people like this 6 people   2 people dislike this 2 people

By Filipo24/2 20:04Mon Feb 24 20:04:51 2020In response to Re: Worthing match reportTop of thread

Views: 318

You keep mentioning my child that’s the whole point, YOU keep mentioning the same thing. When I call you out on it you now start throwing your toys out of the pram making out you are now the victim.

Why is it ok for you to mention my child to mock me but it’s not ok for me to ask why you are doing so?

2 people like this 2 people   3 people dislike this 3 people

By Ohdear (Ksuals)24/2 20:24Mon Feb 24 20:24:03 2020In response to Re: Worthing match reportTop of thread

Views: 307

Responding to your false allegation is not playing the victim,nor is it 'throwing etc'. It is perfectly OK for you to feel mocked,to engage and ask why,but again I repeat I am not obsessed with you or any members of your family. Ithink you should withdraw you false allegation. But I won't hold out much hope.

By Filipo24/2 20:29Mon Feb 24 20:29:58 2020In response to Re: Worthing match reportTop of thread

Views: 309

I hereby withdraw

Why do you keep mentioning my son?

By Ohdear (Ksuals)24/2 20:46Mon Feb 24 20:46:26 2020In response to Re: Worthing match reportTop of thread

Views: 297

If you look at my posts I do not keep mentioning your son.

The two times were a light hearted response to your post in which you in fact mentioned your son.

I am grateful you have withdrawn your false allegation that was a decent thing to do.

It is best,I am sure you'll agree, that it we bring this to a close.

I will let you know when I am next at a Ks game and if you like we could talk this through.

I hope you believe me when I say that I had no other intention, then to gently tease you.

I am sorry if I caused you any distress, and want you to know I have no ill feelings towards you or your family

By Filipo24/2 20:51Mon Feb 24 20:51:26 2020In response to Re: Worthing match reportTop of thread

Views: 310

You are a very noble person Ohdear. I think we can be friends

By MC25/2 00:20Tue Feb 25 00:20:56 2020In response to Re: Worthing match reportTop of thread

Views: 293

Seems like a misunderstanding here. Don’t think any offence was intended. Am sure we can all agree though that this report was shit.

1 person likes this 1 person   3 people dislike this 3 people

By Paddy (Paddy1)24/2 11:58Mon Feb 24 11:58:27 2020In response to Re: Worthing match reportTop of thread

Views: 430

"Well at least Ks fans know who he is unlike the anonymous tosser that you are!"

I needed that smile today. Thanks man :)

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)24/2 12:08Mon Feb 24 12:08:52 2020In response to Re: Worthing match reportTop of thread

Views: 425

A slug...
Seems harsh so soft,slimy and slippery may have surficed.

By MC24/2 11:05Mon Feb 24 11:05:17 2020In response to Re: Worthing match reportTop of thread

Views: 434

Spot on. And he calls other people pompous!

By MC24/2 09:24Mon Feb 24 09:24:27 2020In response to Re: Worthing match reportTop of thread

Views: 474

Does the new policy apply to other sections of the forum? Will we still get Grier’s Guide to Lewes or will we get the thoughts of a lifestyle vlogger about the best vegan cafes in Brighton?

By ollie25/2 03:44Tue Feb 25 03:44:30 2020In response to Re: Worthing match reportTop of thread

Views: 268

I was genuinely scared when we could have (twice) drawn Farsley in the cup 'cos I might have had to step in for Grier's Guide.

By Ohdear (Ksuals)24/2 11:01Mon Feb 24 11:01:37 2020In response to Re: Worthing match reportTop of thread

Views: 422

Oh for goodness sake get a grip MC

2 people like this 2 people   3 people dislike this 3 people

By MC24/2 11:04Mon Feb 24 11:04:32 2020In response to Re: Worthing match reportTop of thread

Views: 426

Maybe don’t wade into the discussion to call me “pompous” then you little slug

By reximus24/2 09:30Mon Feb 24 09:30:11 2020In response to Re: Worthing match reportTop of thread

Views: 464

the best vegan cafes in Brighton?

To be fair, that's an article I'd be happy to read :)

rex

By Iang24/2 11:41Mon Feb 24 11:41:35 2020In response to Re: Worthing match reportTop of thread

Views: 414

Best vegetarian Indian in Brighton is definitely Planet India , gujerat cuisine , no meat loads of great IPAs.

I enjoyed the tongue in cheek report personally. Some on here need a sense of humour check in my humble opinion. The reports are voluntary and not a statutory service.

Up the Ks , see you all weds. X

4 people like this 4 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

The MHTFC match report

By Max Hustwick Teenage Fan Club (MHTFC)24/2 10:09Mon Feb 24 10:09:30 2020In response to Re: Worthing match reportTop of thread

Views: 471

The match – as I saw it.

Ks looked the better side for the first 20 minutes or so. The new 10 missed an absolute sitter putting what was a tap in – wide. He then missed another that on any other day would have gone in. At this stage the ref was collecting Kingstonian names, but avoided taking any Worthing ones in case it offended them! It was quite heartening to hear their cries of pain when they’d be tapped on the shoulder.
On 20 minutes one of the Worthing forwards went down in a tussle with Harry Osbourne – who’d looked a class above any player that Worthing had to offer – and the ref deemed that it was a red card offence – the only one on the park to think so. Ten minutes or so later, Dan Hector was sacrificed for Tutu to bolster the defence.
The ref obviously knew he’d made a mistake when he awarded Ks the softest of penalties for a shoulder to shoulder in the box! Unfortunately with Tommy absent – Fabio took it, struck it well, but the keeper had it covered! At half time Ks should have put the ball into the back of the net on three different occasions.
It was a bit backs to the wall in the second half. Worthing certainly had their chances to go ahead. At the Ks end, most of the attacks ended quite lamely – it was only when Reece Hall came on that we started to look a bit sharper. We held out well and nobody could have denied us a point.

MotM – Connor Hunte for putting a smile on our faces. Not only did he get booked, but was lucky not to be sent off for one nasty spat with Cooper (I think). He was certainly reacting to the Ks taunts and the Worthing manager hauled him off before he lost it completely! Exit one Hunte suitably embarrassed!

If anyone wants to add to this please feel free to edit and repost!

Re: The MHTFC match report

By Iang24/2 11:42Mon Feb 24 11:42:48 2020In response to The MHTFC match reportTop of thread

Views: 425

Spot on Bob

1 person likes this 1 person   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By MC24/2 10:21Mon Feb 24 10:21:21 2020In response to The MHTFC match reportTop of thread

Views: 468

Great stuff, thanks MHTFC. Sounds like the referee enlivened the game!

Shame about the two misses but at least the lad is getting into the right positions.

Can’t help thinking that the above makes for a better match report to keep loyal supporters who weren’t there up to date with our football club, and the “my first football match” ramblings can be left for individuals’ instagram posts.

By Max Hustwick Teenage Fan Club (MHTFC)24/2 11:06Mon Feb 24 11:06:16 2020In response to Re: The MHTFC match reportTop of thread

Views: 445

In return - why don't you do a match report when you're next at a KGF? It would make a difference if there were other contributors - it also puts a different perpective on the game.

I don't always agree with the match reports or Hayden Bird - but I do like to know what they are thinking.

By MC24/2 13:29Mon Feb 24 13:29:34 2020In response to Re: The MHTFC match reportTop of thread

Views: 414

I have offered when other contributors have been absent. Frankly I think the usual contributors are excellent and don’t see the requirement for me - or this alleged “special guest” - to get involved.

I’ll concentrate on doing the instagram account which happily is now up to 1400 followers. I think it was 250 when I took over it. If I’m ever absent and need any first-time attendees to replace the usual match photos with some self-indulgent selfies, I will put the word out.

4 people like this 4 people   

By JM24/2 14:22Mon Feb 24 14:22:02 2020In response to Re: The MHTFC match reportTop of thread

Views: 409

Why are there not more photos of #nonleaguedogs on our Instagram?

By MC25/2 12:51Tue Feb 25 12:51:43 2020In response to Re: The MHTFC match reportTop of thread

Views: 261

Also worth pointing out that this “special guest reporter” was down on the accredited press list - ie did not pay to gain entry.

I suspect that if all other volunteers insisted on free entry - and those who could show some kind of press ID did the same - then Ks gate receipts would be hit quite hard and a community asset would struggle.

I wonder if the “special guest reporter”, who cites her concerns for current social issues, might consider donating to the excellent charities
Kingston Churches Action on Homelessness (KCAH) and Kingston Carers Network (KCN) which are being supported at tomorrow’s game, to the tune of the admission price that was not paid.

I am assuming that the reporter wouldn’t have been young enough to receive free entry as a child, although from the quality of the match report it’s difficult to tell.

By reximus25/2 13:03Tue Feb 25 13:03:59 2020In response to Re: The MHTFC match reportTop of thread

Views: 229

Still, at least you're not bitter.

rex

By Ohdear (Ksuals)25/2 13:36Tue Feb 25 13:36:27 2020In response to Re: The MHTFC match reportTop of thread

Views: 240

Volunteers should not have to pay.Should be given complimentry free soft drink and snack as well.

Previous thread: Thoughts on Worthing Game by Stoney24/2 12:34Mon Feb 24 12:34:47 2020view thread