ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on forum.kingstonian.net

The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: Cá C??c Liên Minh Huy?n Tho?i Và Nh?ng ?i?u b?n Nê… by thanhthuy02Today 04:50Today at 04:50:02view thread

Oldest article: Odds by K's19604/7/2019 08:52Thu Jul 4 08:52:02 2019view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Worthing match report by www.kingstonian.com23/2 22:27Sun Feb 23 22:27:46 2020view thread

Thoughts on Worthing Game

By Stoney (Stoney8587)24/2 12:34Mon Feb 24 12:34:47 2020

Views: 437

Didn't have time to post this Saturday and wasn't going to bother, however seeing the thread below thought I'd put up some thoughts for those who couldn't make it.

K's started the game really well. Coker added a real threat from the wing and the team had a really good balance to it. We were assisted by the wind but because we played the ball on the floor and were able to play a high line because of the wind it felt like a matter of time before K's would score.

In this period I believe Eddie hit the post and the rebound was cleared off the line. I've seen him 6-7 times now and he gets better and better each game.

However, when the referee blew up for some nothing free kicks (I think there were 4 in the first two minutes) I was concerned he would make himself the centre of attention, and so it came to pass.

After about 20 minutes Worthing went through on goal. Harry Osbourne looked like he won the ball fairly but the referee disagreed and sent him off for a professional foul. It seemed extremely harsh and it took a fair while for the K's players to calm down.

The referee continued to be appalling. One of the worst I've ever seen at this level. I was stood pretty close to the dugout in the first half and even Hayden lost his rag with the linesman after more inconsistency. It was infuriating but despite this I would say K's edged the rest of the first half.

Andre missed a sitter after fantastic work from Eddie, he was probably 6 yards out and slide it wide when it looked an open goal, but the behind the goal crew would have had a better site of it. Despite this I thought Andre was really good. I was surprised Dan Hector was hauled off rather than him because you would think Andre would lack match fitness, but it was the right call as he held the ball up really well.

Andre and Eddie also linked up a lot better as the game went on and when they start together with Hector I think that front three will be full of goals.

I feared the worst when Tutu came on thinking that a 38 year old centre back against a young, pacy Worthing side would spell trouble, but he was really good. Commanding, brought the ball out of defence and played really well. He epitomised what Hayden is coaching the team.

I thought the K's penalty was pretty soft to be honest. A should charge on Eddie I believe who was caught off balance which made it look a lot worse than it was. The video of Fabio's penalty is online and it was really poor, straight down the middle and an easy save for the keeper with his legs. The video does show him coming off his line early though jumping forwards.

Second half I thought it would be the alamo as Worthing had the wind. it felt like it died down a bit though and K's continued to more than match Worthing until the final 20 minutes or so when we ran out of puff playing with 10. It was good to have a stronger bench though, and I think it will make a real difference in weeks to come.

Unfortunately two days after the game the only other thing I can really recall how bad the referee was. Two moments in mind in that second half really stick out.

The first being when the goalkeeper ran to throw the ball out and ran straight into Eddie who had his back turned and didn't even see it coming. The referee, not even looking at the incident turned around, gave the foul and then booked Andre for dissent. He then booked Eddie once he came to his feet. The linesman despite being closer didn't flag, and Eddie even asked him when he came off the pitch for treatment "Is he always like this".

The second was when I believe Bennett was making a break down the right and he pushed the ball past the centre back. The centre back sticks his arm out and makes no attempt to play the ball. Lino flags straight away for quite an aggressive, cynical obstruction and no card is given! It just felt like the referee was guessing more than anything else.

So all in all, a really good performance from K's. There have of course been a LOT of draws recently but with some kinder fixtures to come, and a stronger squad to choose from, I think there could be a winning run coming really soon. We're very close to putting it all together and giving a team an absolute pasting..

reply to this article | return to the front page

7 people like this 7 people   

Re: Thoughts on Worthing Game

By Ali (ali.kazemi)24/2 14:32Mon Feb 24 14:32:48 2020In response to Thoughts on Worthing GameTop of thread

Views: 327

Nicely summed up. I thought we played really well and deserved more out of the game, based on our first half and hour we managed with ten men.

I wasn't well placed with the red card but everything else I saw the ref do was out poor. We've actually had a few seasons of pretty good officiating, but we've had a few terrible ones this season. Hope it's just a blip as it's "not all about you ref!"

Tutu is just as impressive on the pitch as he is off it, and that is great testiment to someone who is very much a veteran these days. Just so composed and reassuring.

Our bench has been pretty weak for a while but, as you say, the extra strength we now have should hopefully allow us to kick on and have a really strong end to the season. Think we've lost just once in the league since October which is really amazing, but we need to start converting those draws into wins now.

reply to this article | return to the front page

5 people like this 5 people   

Previous thread: K's bring in Coker by Football Web Pages24/2 12:13Mon Feb 24 12:13:28 2020view thread