ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on forum.kingstonian.net

The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: JACK CHARLTON. by Olde School KsToday 07:48Today at 07:48:43view thread

Oldest article: Next season by BE8/7/2019 16:00Mon Jul 8 16:00:35 2019view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: BetVictor Isthmian Premier Division results by Football Web Pages29/2 17:03Sat Feb 29 17:03:34 2020view thread

BetVictor Isthmian Premier Division results

By Football Web Pages (fwpbot)26/2 21:42Wed Feb 26 21:42:24 2020

Views: 987

The following results have been recorded in the BetVictor Isthmian Premier Division:

Wednesday 26th February 2020

Kingstonian(1)31(1)Corinthian-Casuals[397]
Lewes(0)01(1)Bognor Regis Town[278]

The league table is now up-to-date

Get Football Web Pages for Android or iOS now

reply to this article | return to the front page

2 people like this 2 people   

Re: BetVictor Isthmian Premier Division results

By Stoney (Stoney8587)26/2 22:01Wed Feb 26 22:01:00 2020In response to BetVictor Isthmian Premier Division resultsTop of thread

Views: 918

What a sad bunch.

Lose 3-1 in your cup final and all you can do is sing how much you hate Kingston and want them out.

Your goalkeeper calls out fans for fights.

Timewaste all game, not quite the Corinthian spirit is it?

At least we won’t have to play them in the league next season.

Edit - And their official twitter account bemoaning K’s singing anti Casuals songs in the ultimate act of hypocrisy.

Edited by Stoney8587 at 22:02:03 on 26th February 2020
Edited by Stoney8587 at 22:12:11 on 26th February 2020

4 people like this 4 people   

By Iang26/2 22:48Wed Feb 26 22:48:11 2020In response to Re: BetVictor Isthmian Premier Division resultsTop of thread

Views: 867

First of all good win, cor cas made a real game of it for an hour or so, different in style to us but effective, how they are bottom i dont know.

Pen was a bit harsh I thought but converted with aplomb.

We are spared another draw.

But their fans, my days where do they did dig them out from?

I lived in chessington for years and recognized a few if them, I honestly thought it was going to kick off afterwards. Horrendous.

7 people like this 7 people   

By Ali (ali.kazemi)26/2 23:44Wed Feb 26 23:44:05 2020In response to Re: BetVictor Isthmian Premier Division resultsTop of thread

Views: 830

The behaviour of their players after the penalty was awarded was a disgrace. Right up aggresively in the ref's face, whilst the number 15 made a real good go of kicking up and damaging the penalty spot. Then four of them take turns trying to move and disrupt the ball once spotted.

For a club which makes such a thing of its corinthian spirit I find this sad as they've really lost their way over the years. Their players are ill disciplined and a lot of their newer fans seem to be have different ideals to those of the club they now support. I believe they had AFCW and Sutton fans with them there tonight.

Edited by ali.kazemi at 23:48:14 on 26th February 2020

By BE27/2 16:14Thu Feb 27 16:14:04 2020In response to Re: BetVictor Isthmian Premier Division resultsTop of thread

Views: 650

Thought Bracken in goal & captain was a disgrace and showed disrespect to the K's fans and the ref. Wanting a fight shows how low Casuals have come, their ethos is shot and I hope they get relegated.

By Taimour (WeHateWombles)27/2 19:04Thu Feb 27 19:04:38 2020In response to Re: BetVictor Isthmian Premier Division resultsTop of thread

Views: 552

Bracken said to the fans behind the goal: "are you still believing Bird's bullshit?"

#corinthianspirit

By Ohdear (Ksuals)27/2 09:45Thu Feb 27 09:45:25 2020In response to Re: BetVictor Isthmian Premier Division resultsTop of thread

Views: 747

Firstly I was't at the match last night so this post is based soley on what others remarks.

Tis sad but not unsuprising a few at last night's game were intent of creating an unpleasant atmosphere.
Football is a wonderful game but it comes with some unsavory behaviour both from those who are participating and those spectating.

For those who bemoan the standard of refs, football reaps what it has sown. The increasing shortage of refs at a lower level is having an effect higher up . As the number taking up refereeing is falling plus an increase in those giving up due to intimidation is leading to an ever decreasing pool.of refs. This is probably leading to a decline in quality as well as numbers.

To finish on a positive note the raising of over £500 shows the other side of football and we'll done to those who are the decent footballing majority.

6 people like this 6 people   

By reximus27/2 11:06Thu Feb 27 11:06:37 2020In response to Re: BetVictor Isthmian Premier Division resultsTop of thread

Views: 723

Some people are saying this was awful and reminds them of Celtic/Rangers. Others are saying it was "just banter" and let's move on to Saturday.

IMO, it's dreadful - and will likely become something we regret.

I completely accept the tribal nature (and fun) of being a football fan. But as tenants, we should be courteous to our hosts. And as the 'bigger' club, we should perhaps show some humility. Isn't it enough that we can hate Sutton?

Where do we plan to ground-share next?

rex

2 people like this 2 people   2 people dislike this 2 people

By Ohdear (Ksuals)27/2 11:30Thu Feb 27 11:30:46 2020In response to Re: BetVictor Isthmian Premier Division resultsTop of thread

Views: 669

Rex,interestingly or not, some clubs in Scotland when playing the old firm at home give them 3 sides of the ground. Not only due to the size of the away support but also due to many of their own supporters giving these games amiss due the 'toxic atmosphere'.

By Stoney (Stoney8587)27/2 11:09Thu Feb 27 11:09:17 2020In response to Re: BetVictor Isthmian Premier Division resultsTop of thread

Views: 674

When their official Twitter account is tweeting that K's fans are singing negative chants, and then their core support both behind the goal and on the side are singing "Fucking hate Kingston" and "We want Kingston out" etc it's not a good sign.

5 people like this 5 people   

By Filipo27/2 11:16Thu Feb 27 11:16:42 2020In response to Re: BetVictor Isthmian Premier Division resultsTop of thread

Views: 684

Speaking of signs when some of our fans enquired about the missing signs with some of their regulars they seemed to go very quiet.

The abuse directed at Ks fans leaving the ground at the end of the game from a section of the cor-Cas support was a disgrace and certainly not in the so called ‘Corinthian spirit’.

By Taimour (WeHateWombles)27/2 12:01Thu Feb 27 12:01:42 2020In response to Re: BetVictor Isthmian Premier Division resultsTop of thread

Views: 718

I think we all need to call out what's going on here: a significant part of their "core" support in the last two/three years has been made up of ex-Chelsea hooligans, disgruntled Wombles and even, last night, a Sutton troublemaker.

This is not speculation: there is evidence in the last two years of fighting on the pitch (Hornchurch), physical threats to K's fans in and around KGF, including from one of their assistant groundsmen earlier this season, toxic social media (often extreme right-wing), homophobia and racism. Casuals don't want to talk about this because they project (very successfully) a certain image. But talk to Corinthian Casuals fans (the real ones) and they know what's going on.

The theft of the signs has been a prime contributor to the current lack of trust. Casuals know full well who took them and/or who is likely to have colluded.

This is before we even get to the (peripheral) issue of them paying their players, making it all the more extraordinary that their manager can say last night: "Anyone would’ve seen that there isn’t a gulf between the teams that some may expect, with us the amateur club we are. "

It should also be noted that the Casuals players engaged in the "dark arts" ahead of Kav's penalty in a way few other teams would.

There is a difference between sectarianism and local rivalry. Last time i checked, K's weren't a religion or ideology. But we are a proud football club who have the right to chant "we want our signage back", "where does the money go?" and, heaven forfend, "Here cos it's Kingston".

11 people like this 11 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Suom Ynona27/2 11:58Thu Feb 27 11:58:00 2020In response to Re: BetVictor Isthmian Premier Division resultsTop of thread

Views: 665

Their silence on that issue is deafening.

Anybody actually know when they started getting a few vocal fans supporting them and where they came from? Before last season the last time I'd visited King George's Field for a game against them was back in 2008 and they barely had anyone there.

As for the allegations about our fans chanting being anti Casuals, the first match against them last season I was walking down the alleyway towards the ground and there was a group of 10-15 of them walking in front of me chanting non-stop abuse (fucking hate kingston etc). At both that game and the boxing day game last season iftseemed to be mainly abusive on their part as well. They then seemed to get all agitated when songs were sung about where their money goes.

During last nights game they spent most of the time shouting abusive songs about us and one song that appears to have been ripped off from us as well. Factor into that some of their fans coming to the FA Cup game just to shout abuse and the signage issue they obviously have something against us. I just don't know what that issue is though. Anybody have an idea?

By jon tolley27/2 12:10Thu Feb 27 12:10:44 2020In response to Re: BetVictor Isthmian Premier Division resultsTop of thread

Views: 707

I openly dislike Casuals. For me it's a view of a wild hypocrisy running through there. What they / their fans / their players do is probably no worse than every other club, but other clubs don't make their whole thing about being superior, less fighty, more amateur, less sign-stealy, than others.

9 people like this 9 people   

By K's196027/2 16:44Thu Feb 27 16:44:34 2020In response to Re: BetVictor Isthmian Premier Division resultsTop of thread

Views: 606

We were very boisterous in the day and made our feelings known. By the next season all was forgotten and in some cases forgiven. COME ON YOU K's

1 person likes this 1 person   

By old and grey27/2 17:02Thu Feb 27 17:02:27 2020In response to Re: BetVictor Isthmian Premier Division resultsTop of thread

Views: 635

Forget the so called fans of CC what really matters is
our relationship with the hierarchy at the host club.
Many of those being abusive were probably not CC
supporters in any case.
l like it at KGF and hope we have many happy years
down TOLWORTH way.

3 people like this 3 people   

By My lovely horse (Nick Garland)28/2 20:41Fri Feb 28 20:41:44 2020In response to Re: BetVictor Isthmian Premier Division resultsTop of thread

Views: 525

I was reading newspaper archives and came across this.

https://www.yourlocalguardian.co.uk/news/15139351.leatherhead-is-too-far-kingstonian-fans-protest-move-to-new-ground-during-home-match/

I found the atmosphere quite depressing on Wednesday in the context of what was quite an enjoyable game. The article quotes fans saying that if Kingstonian end up out of the Borough for an extended period it could be the death of he club. We are currently back in the Borough albeit in Tolworth rather than Kingston due to the groundshare with Casuals. We can only hope that the relationship between the Board Members remains good otherwise we are again out of the Borough with effectively no means back in the short to medium term (if ever). That could mean we are potentially looking at the slow death of the club.

I don’t know why all these anti-Casuals songs were being sung. Why do we care ‘where the money goes’? We are still effectively guests in their ground. I get that people are angry about the vandalism but I think that consideration needs to be given that this is in all probability the only ticket for RBK that we currently hold and incessant anti-Casuals songs/posts may come back to bite us.

9 people like this 9 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By supahoops728/2 20:52Fri Feb 28 20:52:17 2020In response to Re: BetVictor Isthmian Premier Division resultsTop of thread

Views: 484

Good post, couldn't agree more.

5 people like this 5 people   

By Iang29/2 14:31Sat Feb 29 14:31:51 2020In response to Re: BetVictor Isthmian Premier Division resultsTop of thread

Views: 370

Be saying it for 2 years , lets hope those songs dont lead to us homeless or sharing with a level 9 club

5 people like this 5 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

Previous thread: Match postponed by www.kingstonian.com29/2 10:17Sat Feb 29 10:17:25 2020view thread