ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on forum.kingstonian.net

The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: [b]??ng ký W88 ti?n l?i nhanh g?n nh?t, ch? trong … by nvu54876Today 16:26Today at 16:26:32view thread

Oldest article: BetVictor Isthmian Premier Division results by Football Web Pages30/9/2019 21:37Mon Sep 30 21:37:25 2019view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Wednesday's match v Haringey Borough by www.kingstonian.com3/3 12:00Tue Mar 3 12:00:57 2020view thread

Last season....

By K's19602/3 16:23Mon Mar 2 16:23:51 2020

Views: 511

.... when K's were fighting relegation this Forum was awash with criticism and rightly so. The manager must have broken the record for expletives followed by the board on this forum. What a difference a year makes. No more manager / board expletives but harmony. Is this the end of negativity ? Are K's now on the threshold of a new era ? I sincerely hope so. I have enjoyed this season, the best season for over two decades but not forgetting the Surrey Senior Cup success in 2006 when we were victorious over you know who. I am very confident about the clubs future.

reply to this article | return to the front page

5 people like this 5 people   

Re: Last season....

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)2/3 16:49Mon Mar 2 16:49:41 2020In response to Last season....Top of thread

Views: 479

Brilliant and positive and correct.
Brilliant season and best for years but just need to see it out now and obtain a good finish

3 people like this 3 people   

By reximus2/3 18:24Mon Mar 2 18:24:27 2020In response to Re: Last season....Top of thread

Views: 493

Reasons to be cheerful

1. A settled squad, with an end to the revolving door, which has lead to...
2. Attractive football. I'm yet to read a full analysis of 'Birdball' but I like what I've seen, which is backed up by...
3. Credible, sensible interviews from a man who really seems to know football and lacks bluster and bullshit.

Of course, you could read those comments in any order, really.

The contrast between Hayden Bird and Leigh Dynan could not be stronger. (Which poses interesting questions about Board's priorities/interviews/selection techniques - but let's keep that for another thread, hey? Let's keep this one positive!!)

rex

2 people like this 2 people   

By Southampton K2/3 21:48Mon Mar 2 21:48:26 2020In response to Re: Last season....Top of thread

Views: 397

many years ago the board sacked Ian Mc and replaced him with Craig Mc, a decision that I don't think anyone agreed with at the time, but led to the opportunity of getting wor Dowse in for several good years on and off the field.

Using that as a yardstick, lets hope we're in for many more happy years under Bird.
Hopefully we'll also have that little bit more success that unfortunately eluded Dowse.

And I think we'll get it too, he's already delivered the cup run that Dowse wanted us to have.
The interviews are back to the good old days too.

Paul
Southampton K

Edited by Southampton K at 21:49:08 on 2nd March 2020

4 people like this 4 people   

Previous thread: Off then by Olde School Ks29/2 09:57Sat Feb 29 09:57:16 2020view thread