ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on forum.kingstonian.net

The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: Looking for a Silver lining by Perth WA KsToday 04:10Today at 04:10:26view thread

Oldest article: Grays Athletic game on Sunday is off by www.kingstonian.com20/9/2019 14:53Fri Sep 20 14:53:17 2019view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Saturday's match v Folkestone Invicta by www.kingstonian.com13/3 12:00Fri Mar 13 12:00:42 2020view thread

A Kingstonian Striker

By Max Hustwick Teenage Fan Club (MHTFC)12/3 08:28Thu Mar 12 08:28:52 2020

Views: 7329

Despite what the manager tells us - we haven't got one. Andre Coker adds nothing up front and nothing to the team in general.

We need a striker who can shoot!

reply to this article | return to the front page

3 people like this 3 people   

Re: A Kingstonian Striker

By Stoney (Stoney8587)12/3 09:06Thu Mar 12 09:06:28 2020In response to A Kingstonian StrikerTop of thread

Views: 4073

I like Andre. And he has been playing on the wing, not up front. It will take time for him to gel like it did Eddie.

The issue isn’t our strikers. It’s losing the ball in our own third constantly. They can’t do much without the service. I’ve seen Dan Bennett constantly act the show pony and give the ball away which is probably why he was dragged at half time. Great when it comes off one in five times, how about the other four when he loses the ball?

Edited by Stoney8587 at 09:06:58 on 12th March 2020

By Iang12/3 11:00Thu Mar 12 11:00:46 2020In response to Re: A Kingstonian StrikerTop of thread

Views: 3369

Disagree - Bob is spot on, We also have a man with the 9 on his back - who doesn't take the pens...

Dan Beno has proved his worth and is a luxury well worth having and has proved it over and over again. Just not in a game like last night - even perennial performers like Beany struggled last night.

When they cross the line - if they are in the famous hoops I will back them.

Oh for a Francis Vines or maybe even a Dave Pearce ( one for the RE chaps).

By Stoney (Stoney8587)12/3 12:12Thu Mar 12 12:12:49 2020In response to Re: A Kingstonian StrikerTop of thread

Views: 3277

Sergio Ramos takes penalties for Real Madrid. Do they not have strikers by that logic?

Everyone struggled last night. I’m basing this on three months. Bennett needs to either play higher up the pitch or stop ridiculous flicks, Cruyff turns and other tricks that give the ball away more often than not.

By Iang12/3 12:19Thu Mar 12 12:19:18 2020In response to Re: A Kingstonian StrikerTop of thread

Views: 3274

Exceptions prove no rules, we have a paid no.9 that can smack a ball, Kavs not on the pitch, weve missed our last 2 pens , I think.

Let's pretend we are kids with playing cards , just for fun...I'll take Dan Beno , you take Coker , he will of course settle down , sign permanently from Bromley and go on to score 100 goals and secure legendary status at Ks and I will wrong again but thus far I've seen missed open goals and a poor pen but loads of effort and some jinking runs.

It's a subjective sport.

By Suom Ynona12/3 09:19Thu Mar 12 09:19:31 2020In response to Re: A Kingstonian StrikerTop of thread

Views: 3334

Thoroughly agree with this. If you keep gifting possession to the opposition in your own final third then you're asking for trouble. I understand that we try and play football, but surely somebody on the pitch should have recognised this and taken that into account with some of our play. As for Andre, I think he's a good player, but I don't think anybody can really be singled out for criticism as they were all as bad as each other. Yes he missed a penalty and a good chance on his debut, but I have trust in Hayden's judgement.

2 people like this 2 people   

By old and grey12/3 13:48Thu Mar 12 13:48:28 2020In response to Re: A Kingstonian StrikerTop of thread

Views: 3246

The problem is that the manager has tinkered with the team,
if we can get back to the line up that started the season our
now fainter hopes of the playoffs may still be possible.
REECE, OLLI,TOMMY all missing from action,cannot understand
why HECTOR seems out of favour,he's fast and scores goals,
ask youself how many goals DSANE would score in a season,
it would surprise me if he hit 10 to 15,when realistically you
want a 25+centre forward.

By MC12/3 13:47Thu Mar 12 13:47:05 2020In response to Re: A Kingstonian StrikerTop of thread

Views: 3247

I agree we need a new centre-forward but I agree with (what I hope is the) the policy of saving a bit of money this season, waiting until the summer and getting someone in for next year.

I don't think a new striker alone would have made the difference between playoffs and no playoffs this season, I think we started too far back. Next season is when we can - and should - go all guns blazing.

I trust Hayden to find the right man.

4 people like this 4 people   

By old and grey12/3 19:08Thu Mar 12 19:08:17 2020In response to Re: A Kingstonian StrikerTop of thread

Views: 3189

If LOUIE had stayed we definitely would make the playoffs,
injury free he would be 25+ and that as i have said would
have us winning many of those drawn matches.
If we are to mount a serious challenge next season
then HAYDEN must find a striker capable of that strike rate,
at the moment we do not have him.

By MC12/3 21:59Thu Mar 12 21:59:03 2020In response to Re: A Kingstonian StrikerTop of thread

Views: 3161

Louie is/was a fine striker but he'd scored 8 in 19 in the league. A good record but I'm not sure he was contributing enough that we could say w 'DEFINITELY' would have made the playoffs, which we're currently 15 points off, with his goals.

I'd also argue that Dsane has probably helped the midfield score more with his movement and link play, but that's a slightly different debate.

Anyway, I still think we're better off saving for next season, and perhaps getting a slightly better striker than we would have been able to, thanks to us 'suffering' a little during a probably-dead-anyway run-in

6 people like this 6 people   

By Taimour (WeHateWombles)12/3 14:45Thu Mar 12 14:45:09 2020In response to Re: A Kingstonian StrikerTop of thread

Views: 3249

When Beaney and Kav aren't playing in the middle together, we simply aren't as good. So that was a problem last night and it's a problem on other occasions. and it may also be a problem next season if we need to find an alternative when one or both is injured or suspended.

I much prefer Hector to Coker.

Benno is God and should not be questioned. i like his tricks and flicks.

Do we need a 30-goal a season striker for 2020/21? Yes. Is that Eddie? Maybe. If Bird believes, then i believe.

it's still pretty amazing that we've only lost 6 league games all campaign.

By Iang13/3 11:51Fri Mar 13 11:51:36 2020In response to Re: A Kingstonian StrikerTop of thread

Views: 3114

Agreed - for all my flimflam Hayden Bird is making Kingston great again - What he says goes.

stay safe out there all x

Sussex Ks

2 people like this 2 people   

Previous thread: Samuel Oguntayo by KsOllie12/3 23:53Thu Mar 12 23:53:36 2020view thread