ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on forum.kingstonian.net

The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: K's Favourite Re-Joins as Equality and Diversi… by John MacYesterday 20:23Yesterday at 20:23:58view thread

Oldest article: Walton Casuals 4-1 Kingstonian by www.kingstonian.com17/7/2019 12:29Wed Jul 17 12:29:47 2019view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: League Statement - 14th March by www.kingstonian.com14/3 16:07Sat Mar 14 16:07:11 2020view thread

TOMORROWS GAME ON OR OFF

By PAULFOLEY13/3 10:45Fri Mar 13 10:45:25 2020

Views: 5304

With the situation which is going on in the world at the moment

What are the chances of our game being off tomorrow ?

Paul

reply to this article | return to the front page

1 person likes this 1 person   

TOMORROWS GAME OFF

By John Bangs13/3 15:25Fri Mar 13 15:25:52 2020In response to TOMORROWS GAME ON OR OFFTop of thread

Views: 3129

letter from the League Chairman, Nick Robinson.

All fixtures for this coming Saturday and the midweek ahead have been postponed.

Re: TOMORROWS GAME ON OR OFF

By John Bangs13/3 12:49Fri Mar 13 12:49:52 2020In response to TOMORROWS GAME ON OR OFFTop of thread

Views: 2657

I asked John Fenwick who said

Hi John,

You are not the only one asking!

At the moment only PL and EFL matches have been postponed.

As I understand things the National League is meeting to decide their way forward and then no doubt their decision will impact on us.

At this precise moment we have heard nothing from the Isthmian League so we assume that matches are on - however if this changes then I will advise by my usual text group and then there will be an update on the website.

Kind regards,
John

2 people like this 2 people   

By a krinkly13/3 11:28Fri Mar 13 11:28:40 2020In response to TOMORROWS GAME ON OR OFFTop of thread

Views: 2705

You guess, I'll guess, Rex et al can guess and we'll all still be as in the dark about it.

County level and parks footy will be the last games standing.

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)13/3 12:29Fri Mar 13 12:29:22 2020In response to Re: TOMORROWS GAME ON OR OFFTop of thread

Views: 2640

Lets make the most of Premiership free days ahead and hope for a bigger crowd than expected and look after them and make sure they enjoy it and return.
Still playing for top 6 finish in spite of dreadful Wednesday which is still a great season

By Taimour (WeHateWombles)13/3 15:01Fri Mar 13 15:01:08 2020In response to Re: TOMORROWS GAME ON OR OFFTop of thread

Views: 2578

Southern League, Essex Senior and others have announced that they're off. Isthmian blazers yet to pronounce.

I think if K's volunteers, some of whom might fall into vulnerable Corona categories owing to age or other conditions, don't want the game on, then it shouldn't go ahead.

The fact that there is still uncertainty about whether sporting events should go ahead is a byproduct of the Government's current strategy which - for me at least - sends mixed messages.

By MC13/3 15:22Fri Mar 13 15:22:38 2020In response to Re: TOMORROWS GAME ON OR OFFTop of thread

Views: 2556

Hope it's on, but ultimately this is a cross-generational community space and we need to be careful, even in a a city with a loneliness epidemic.

By Max Hustwick Teenage Fan Club (MHTFC)13/3 15:24Fri Mar 13 15:24:15 2020In response to Re: TOMORROWS GAME ON OR OFFTop of thread

Views: 2559

So if you we can catch this virus at an outdoor football match - why can't we catch it on tubes and buses - or have I missed something?

3 people like this 3 people   

By Taimour (WeHateWombles)13/3 15:28Fri Mar 13 15:28:38 2020In response to Re: TOMORROWS GAME ON OR OFFTop of thread

Views: 2548

you can indeed get it on transport. you can get it sitting in a car with someone. i guess the idea is less the risk of people catching it at KGF/in the Royal Enclosure and more on the way there and in the toilets and in the pub after etc.

By Max Hustwick Teenage Fan Club (MHTFC)13/3 15:45Fri Mar 13 15:45:51 2020In response to Re: TOMORROWS GAME ON OR OFFTop of thread

Views: 2528

So why haven't we banned travelling on public transport where the risk of infection is that much higher? Just asking! To me it seems like sport is a soft target!

By bob13/3 16:45Fri Mar 13 16:45:07 2020In response to Re: TOMORROWS GAME ON OR OFFTop of thread

Views: 2495

Travel is still needed in many cases, although there is definitely a case for reduction. Many companies, including mine, have advised against tube, train and bus travel - drive if we have to travel for meetings. Ultimately if you feel that you shouldn’t travel by tube or train then don’t. There’s very little that can be done to guarantee avoiding the virus but being sensible about everything and avoiding situations where you might be in close contact with large numbers of people seems a good option.

By Taimour (WeHateWombles)13/3 15:49Fri Mar 13 15:49:05 2020In response to Re: TOMORROWS GAME ON OR OFFTop of thread

Views: 2522

i'm guessing but: public transport still a necessity for many people (including healthcare workers) while K's/The Isthmian is a luxury. even in Italy, public transport continued during lockdown.

If the government strategy is to 1) minimise number of old people who get it while 2) acknowledging and accepting that lots of younger people will and should get it (to build up immunity), then there is a logic.

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)13/3 15:21Fri Mar 13 15:21:58 2020In response to Re: TOMORROWS GAME ON OR OFFTop of thread

Views: 2544

Cheltenham still on for Rex

By 08:54 Crew13/3 15:23Fri Mar 13 15:23:36 2020In response to Re: TOMORROWS GAME ON OR OFFTop of thread

Views: 2554

It's off!

By Taimour (WeHateWombles)13/3 15:27Fri Mar 13 15:27:01 2020In response to Re: TOMORROWS GAME ON OR OFFTop of thread

Views: 2539

but all three vanarama leagues are on!

By old and grey13/3 16:13Fri Mar 13 16:13:57 2020In response to Re: TOMORROWS GAME ON OR OFFTop of thread

Views: 2523

I can understand the older supporter may be vulnerable and
I come into that category (68),but as someone has said why
not close pubs,stop public transport etc.
How many people have died this winter from flu and respiratory
illness,in the hundreds i would think,you are far less likely to catch it
outdoors anyway so banning outdoor sport to me seems over the top.
The media in my opinion has created a siege mentality for some people
shop shelves for toilet rolls etc are empty,people swearing shouting and
fighting over every day items,it's ludicrous,the chances of contacting
this virus are small compared to the other ailments i have mentioned.
I can tell you that if you are over 65 you can get the pneumonia jab
at your GP,it gives you lifelong immunity,anyway stay healthy and
carry on,that's all you can really do.

3 people like this 3 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By old and grey13/3 17:23Fri Mar 13 17:23:28 2020In response to Re: TOMORROWS GAME ON OR OFFTop of thread

Views: 2506

The pubs and clubs will be packed tonight,so why not close them all
instead of picking on sporting events,as far as i know NHS ENGLAND
has given no advice that people cannot gather outdoor,so that comment
by the league officials that they are going along with NHS advice is not
true,how many of us will be standing in shops,pubs,cinemas ,clubs
over the weekend,far more likely to catch the virus in these places don't
you think.

4 people like this 4 people   

By bob13/3 16:50Fri Mar 13 16:50:44 2020In response to Re: TOMORROWS GAME ON OR OFFTop of thread

Views: 2539

I don’t believe we yet know the likelihood of any one individual contracting Covid-19. The current measures are not designed to stop the virus, but to delay transmission to allow medical services and others not to be swamped by huge early peaks. The longer the period over which this is spread the better the support and care any one individual can expect, so it must be in our interests to go along with these measures.

By RichardNW13/3 15:56Fri Mar 13 15:56:45 2020In response to Re: TOMORROWS GAME ON OR OFFTop of thread

Views: 2567

Doubt the situation is going to get any better in the next few weeks so perhaps that's it for the season?

Seeing as the country is apparently listening to experts now, Gary needs to tweak that FWP predicted final league table to show us in the play offs.

By reximus13/3 17:51Fri Mar 13 17:51:02 2020In response to Re: TOMORROWS GAME ON OR OFFTop of thread

Views: 2486

I'd hoped that non-league football, with smaller crowds in open air stadiums, could continue.

But it's not just about supporters, is it. The last place anyone should be at the moment is a sweaty, cramped changing room or a communal shower.

rex

1 person likes this 1 person   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By reximus13/3 17:55Fri Mar 13 17:55:53 2020In response to Re: TOMORROWS GAME ON OR OFFTop of thread

Views: 2504

Meanwhile, utterly crazy that tomorrow's Six Nations game at Cardiff was only called off today.

The city's full of Sweaties and there's absolutely no reason for them to be here now!!

rex

Edited by reximus at 17:57:43 on 13th March 2020

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)13/3 18:36Fri Mar 13 18:36:10 2020In response to Re: TOMORROWS GAME ON OR OFFTop of thread

Views: 2463

Must realise when tickets are purchased and cant be refunded,supporters still travel.
Would imagine Cardif will be full at hotels and bars as was Kingston was last weekend.
Although England played last week,if the game hadnt gone ahead,the town would still be busy with so many still traveling

1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Max Hustwick Teenage Fan Club (MHTFC)13/3 20:38Fri Mar 13 20:38:37 2020In response to Re: TOMORROWS GAME ON OR OFFTop of thread

Views: 2481

The whole situation is bollocks! We can't have a football match in the open air, but the BBC can have a live indoor audience with recycled air for Sportaid.

Someone, somewhere needs to get their act together - it's really p*ssing me off!

By old and grey14/3 10:57Sat Mar 14 10:57:50 2020In response to Re: TOMORROWS GAME ON OR OFFTop of thread

Views: 2485

VANARAMA NATIONAL,NORTH AND SOUTH matches
playing today,WOKING and SUTTON are on which makes
the decision to call off our league seem ludicrous to say the
least.

By Taimour (WeHateWombles)14/3 14:44Sat Mar 14 14:44:18 2020In response to Re: TOMORROWS GAME ON OR OFFTop of thread

Views: 2365

Woking was called off at 11am.

By a krinkly14/3 14:31Sat Mar 14 14:31:44 2020In response to Re: TOMORROWS GAME ON OR OFFTop of thread

Views: 2384

CCL had an emergency board meeting yesterday, todays games go ahead but from tomorrow the league is suspended for two weeks. Don't be surprised if the National follow very soon

Right that's me off to the Spectrum..

Got to the Spectrum, met a few Godalming fans in the car park (their game being off), it's off waterlogged corner of the pitch!

Oh well back to clearing up the apple tree pruning.

Edited by a krinkly at 15:15:31 on 14th March 2020

By ollie14/3 12:44Sat Mar 14 12:44:15 2020In response to Re: TOMORROWS GAME ON OR OFFTop of thread

Views: 2404

Halifax is not only on, but offering incentives to increase the gate.

By a krinkly13/3 21:00Fri Mar 13 21:00:40 2020In response to Re: TOMORROWS GAME ON OR OFFTop of thread

Views: 2490

Well RPV are visiting Balham, and Colliers Wood are at Frimley, still on at the moment.

Previous thread: Helping Non League by Olde School Ks14/3 10:18Sat Mar 14 10:18:07 2020view thread