ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on forum.kingstonian.net

The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Weaving In and Out Podcast Episode Eight - Edd… by John BangsYesterday 17:21Yesterday at 17:21:13view thread

Oldest article: Signings? by supahoops71/6/2019 13:24Sat Jun 1 13:24:36 20196 people dislike this 6 peopleview thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Hayden Bird's update by www.kingstonian.com20/3 19:05Fri Mar 20 19:05:44 2020view thread

Football Delayed (unsurprisingly)

By KsOllie19/3 14:24Thu Mar 19 14:24:26 2020

Views: 573

As football won’t resume till April 30th ( probably more likely August/September) and as we not sure what going to happen to the rest of the season.

So to keep this forum alive while we wait to see what happens, what was the best and worse game this season? (Pre season games aren’t allowed to be included)

Best: Macclesfield away
Worst: Hornchurch away

reply to this article | return to the front page

2 people like this 2 people   

Re: Football Delayed (unsurprisingly)

By old and grey19/3 18:15Thu Mar 19 18:15:38 2020In response to Football Delayed (unsurprisingly)Top of thread

Views: 437

RICHARD HORTON editor of The Lancet said in his journal that he expected
some of the harsher restrictions now in place will be lifted within two to three months.
He said he was already receiving research that suggested it was pessimistic to
believe that we would have to stay in lockdown until there was a vaccine in
12 to 18 months before life starts to get back to normal.
Instead,he said that we should look to what was happening in SE ASIA,
where society was slowly opening up after quarantine.
Fingers crossed we could see football return early JUNE.

1 person likes this 1 person   

By Ksuals19/3 19:01Thu Mar 19 19:01:03 2020In response to Re: Football Delayed (unsurprisingly)Top of thread

Views: 404

Self isolation,social distancing yes but is anywhere in the UK in lockdown?

Some SE Asian countries have shown rigorous testing is the way to go. Imposing 'lockdown restrictions' helped buy them time to get a good testing programme in place
Or so I read in the New Scientist.

Ksuals

By David Crawt19/3 15:30Thu Mar 19 15:30:01 2020In response to Football Delayed (unsurprisingly)Top of thread

Views: 466

BEST:

I loved Macclesfield away.
Flew back from Spain for the weekend in order to be there.
Some good goals....all four of them.
Great atmosphere from the K's fans and vocal support for Macclesfield in their fight with the owner.
Best experience for years but I'm sure we won't have to wait long for it to happen again.

WORSE:

Hornchurch away and then Bishop's Stortford at home.
Some great football played by K's but nothing to show for it other than three goals conceded in each game.

Edited by David Crawt at 15:34:35 on 19th March 2020

By K's196019/3 16:30Thu Mar 19 16:30:12 2020In response to Re: Football Delayed (unsurprisingly)Top of thread

Views: 442

Have to agree but Woking comes close. Nice to hear from the outside world !!

By Ksuals19/3 16:47Thu Mar 19 16:47:06 2020In response to Re: Football Delayed (unsurprisingly)Top of thread

Views: 439

Best as it is the only one I've got to - Worthing away

Worse - Worthing away,poor performance from both sides.

Ksuals

By MC19/3 18:54Thu Mar 19 18:54:17 2020In response to Re: Football Delayed (unsurprisingly)Top of thread

Views: 406

BEST for me was Dartford.

Obviously Macclesfield was memorable but I found it all a bit surreal. Ultimately we were playing against a team of kids, and a club on the brink. When I saw their back four warming up, it was clear it wasn't going to be a proper contest.

But Dartford was incredible. The first half was just dreamland, and although I hated it at the time, the tension in the second half was unbearable. Also a nice day with a couple of pubs and a nice modern ground that was reasonably full.

Big shoutout to the away trip to Weston too.

WORST was Cheshunt. Silly little ground in a terrible place, crap performance and crap ref. In the bin

5 people like this 5 people   

By WorcesterK19/3 19:40Thu Mar 19 19:40:08 2020In response to Re: Football Delayed (unsurprisingly)Top of thread

Views: 419

Fully agree on Dartford. That was a special afternoon.

Worst - Cheshunt at home. I was lucky to see Ks play pretty well in the other 7 games I went to this season, but we were godawful last week.

A memorable season though. Hayden has done a great job and Ks is (generally) fun again.

Edited by WorcesterK at 19:40:44 on 19th March 2020

4 people like this 4 people   

By Ksuals19/3 19:03Thu Mar 19 19:03:25 2020In response to Re: Football Delayed (unsurprisingly)Top of thread

Views: 412

YHA there is very good and the cycle up the Lee Valley Hertfordshire delightful.

Ksuals

Previous thread: League Statement - March 17th by www.kingstonian.com17/3 13:47Tue Mar 17 13:47:27 2020view thread