ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on forum.kingstonian.net

The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: Message from Supporters Club re quiz questions by www.kingstonian.comToday 17:51Today at 17:51:10view thread

Oldest article: Cryptically Connected by a krinkly31/5/2019 02:18Fri May 31 02:18:20 20191 person dislikes this 1 personview thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Hayden Bird interview by www.kingstonian.com30/3 09:56Mon Mar 30 09:56:50 2020view thread

SOUTH SHEILDS F.C. -Reaction to F.A. Decision to end season.

By David Crawt27/3 20:00Fri Mar 27 20:00:13 2020

Views: 822

My fiancée’s son lives and works in South Shields.

It's a very nice seaside town with a football team that was doing very well this season....

https://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/south-shields-fc-release-damning-statement-demanding-answers-fa-after-devastating-promotion-blow-2519821

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: SOUTH SHEILDS F.C. -Reaction to F.A. Decision to end season.

By reximus28/3 14:49Sat Mar 28 14:49:36 2020In response to SOUTH SHEILDS F.C. -Reaction to F.A. Decision to end season.Top of thread

Views: 473

They make some very good points about the total annulment of the season. For example, do fines for red & yellow cards still stand; will season ticket holders have to be refunded pro rata; will the leagues change their rule book to anticipate this happenng again, etc...

But where I think they're wrong is in making claims like "The FA's decision has effectively punished those clubs further down the non-league system which have strived tirelessly over the last six months to progress up the pyramid." No t hasn't. Of course it disadvantages club's like South Shields (Worthing, etc) who were arguably on track to win their league, but if they're seeking judicial review for an equitable solution, they have to accept that the leagues and their constituent clubs have come to this accommodation by consensus. No outcome could ever satisfy every club - consensus is the best outcome that come have been achieved.

rex

3 people like this 3 people   

Outstanding cup matches and season tickets

By a krinkly28/3 15:52Sat Mar 28 15:52:01 2020In response to Re: SOUTH SHEILDS F.C. -Reaction to F.A. Decision to end season.Top of thread

Views: 440

Guildford City are making a valid point about the SSC being abandoned, they reached the Qtr finals which put them one game away from a Dorking Wanderers semi which would probably be worth at least a couple of grand to them. With not many matches left in the competition they argue it could have been played instead of PSF's in the summer, which has happened before for other competitions.

Season ticket refunds? Below the National League I'd hope fans would view any outstanding matches as a donation to the club in difficult times.

2 people like this 2 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

Re: Outstanding cup matches and season tickets

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)28/3 15:57Sat Mar 28 15:57:30 2020In response to Outstanding cup matches and season tickets Top of thread

Views: 433

Agree about fans waiving any refunds but not sure how one olays odd games and not others
Opens a other minefield but that doesnt take sympathy away from Guildford.
Went to Godalming a few years back.I thought they were linked with Guildford.Did something happen or am I mistaken

By a krinkly28/3 16:19Sat Mar 28 16:19:50 2020In response to Re: Outstanding cup matches and season tickets Top of thread

Views: 431

An amalgamated club (several parks teams) an ex mayor got to play at the Spectrum under a Guilford title. Before that Godalming took up representing the town as G and G FC and continued to do so. When the Spectrum club progressed beyond Intermediate level Godalming dropped the Guildford title because another Guildford club amalgamated at the Spectrum to create Guildford United briefly before the City title was adopted. So yes for some years Guildfords football club was Godalming.

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)28/3 20:31Sat Mar 28 20:31:41 2020In response to Re: Outstanding cup matches and season tickets Top of thread

Views: 405

Thanks for that.Interesting.

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)28/3 14:54Sat Mar 28 14:54:47 2020In response to Re: SOUTH SHEILDS F.C. -Reaction to F.A. Decision to end season.Top of thread

Views: 438

Yep agree Rex but where we go with red cards and fines I wouldnt hazzard a guess.
Cant see league returning any monies.
I would guess season ticket money is down to individual clubs with maybe some sort of credit for next season.
You can bet the supporters could lose out.

By reximus28/3 15:18Sat Mar 28 15:18:04 2020In response to Re: SOUTH SHEILDS F.C. -Reaction to F.A. Decision to end season.Top of thread

Views: 454

This is interesting...

"Coventry have taken legal advice and launched a petition that has been signed by thousands of businesses in the leisure industry after the Championship club’s insurer refused to pay out when the season ended prematurely.

Income from the club’s stadium, Butts Park Arena, stopped abruptly because of the coronavirus lockdown. That left them with a shortfall of £750,000 and their backer, Jon Sharp, stepped in to keep the club afloat and ensure this month’s wages were paid."

More at: https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2020/mar/28/coventry-rugby-club-take-legal-advice-as-coronavirus-insurance-row-escalates

rex

Edited by reximus at 15:18:41 on 28th March 2020

1 person likes this 1 person   

By andycowl30/3 14:10Mon Mar 30 14:10:18 2020In response to Re: SOUTH SHEILDS F.C. -Reaction to F.A. Decision to end season.Top of thread

Views: 320

“The government has been no help and from next month all our staff will be paid under the national job retention scheme.”

Eh ? I thought the Government had put the 'National Job Retention Scheme' (guaranteeing 80% of salary for PAYE employees) in place in response to CV.19.

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)28/3 15:52Sat Mar 28 15:52:18 2020In response to Re: SOUTH SHEILDS F.C. -Reaction to F.A. Decision to end season.Top of thread

Views: 407

Complicated and more complications to be coming down the line with many a court action
Government saying banks should help will fill everyone with the greatest of expectancy.
Insurance companies too will be spending fortunes,looking for legal loopholes and you may trust in them as with the banks.
Interesting times ahead but only the fittest will come out of this well and lets hope that includes us

By ollie27/3 22:12Fri Mar 27 22:12:33 2020In response to SOUTH SHEILDS F.C. -Reaction to F.A. Decision to end season.Top of thread

Views: 519

I'd be surprised if all clubs come through this unscathed. If there are a few more Burys then there could yet be space for South Shields.

Great Barbour shop too.

By David Crawt27/3 22:39Fri Mar 27 22:39:13 2020In response to Re: SOUTH SHEILDS F.C. -Reaction to F.A. Decision to end season.Top of thread

Views: 524

Yes, I was in the Barbour shop at Christmas.
It's very close to the football ground.

1 person likes this 1 person   

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)27/3 21:09Fri Mar 27 21:09:57 2020In response to SOUTH SHEILDS F.C. -Reaction to F.A. Decision to end season.Top of thread

Views: 534

So much sympathy for them but think they almost unswered their own question.
It is the virus but as it shows no signs of ending any time soon,what do the clubs strugling to pay wages do ?
With sadness I see no other way than to end the league now.
Premiership as with rugger dragging their feet in false hope.They can only go the same way.
With a sad heart.

1 person dislikes this 1 person

By old and grey28/3 12:04Sat Mar 28 12:04:01 2020In response to Re: SOUTH SHEILDS F.C. -Reaction to F.A. Decision to end season.Top of thread

Views: 454

If you honestly think the PREMIER LEAGUE will go the
same way then you are delusional.
Millions of pound tied up in TV deals,voiding the season
would cost the PL about £750 million in TV revenue.

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)28/3 12:48Sat Mar 28 12:48:52 2020In response to Re: SOUTH SHEILDS F.C. -Reaction to F.A. Decision to end season.Top of thread

Views: 443

Dilusional it mabe or practical.
I am quite sure the PL will move heaven and earth to get the games finished especially with so much money and chaos involved in scrubing the season.I would admire them for that but it will prove impossible unless they extend into the start of next season whenever that may possibly be.
To many the anormity of the current situation hasnt yet become aparent,witness the sun bathers and cyclists,but it will and I would think the cricket season will go along with all other sport and recreation till September.
Hate pessimists but practicallity has to come to the fore and reality.

By old and grey28/3 17:40Sat Mar 28 17:40:32 2020In response to Re: SOUTH SHEILDS F.C. -Reaction to F.A. Decision to end season.Top of thread

Views: 401

I would expect restrictions to be eased long before SEPTEMBER.
We are 6 months away from that time,well the situation in CHINA
has lasted 3 months so why would ours last twice as long.
WUHAN is opening up,yes they may have another outbreak
but this time containment is the key,the CHINESE want make
the same mistakes again.

By Alastair29/3 11:23Sun Mar 29 11:23:46 2020In response to Re: SOUTH SHEILDS F.C. -Reaction to F.A. Decision to end season.Top of thread

Views: 374

Why would our outbreak last twice as long, you ask?

Because so far the UK's response has been woeful, sadly, from both the government and a significant minority of the population.

4 people like this 4 people   2 people dislike this 2 people

By old and grey29/3 12:24Sun Mar 29 12:24:57 2020In response to Re: SOUTH SHEILDS F.C. -Reaction to F.A. Decision to end season.Top of thread

Views: 365

Well ALASTAIR even if that is true and i tend to agree with you
as testing is increased and people comply with the government
instructions then the scientists are looking at the end of MAY to
lift some of the restrictions now in place,this will not carry on
until SEPTEMBER.
If as expected the virus returns this winter the government
cannot close the country down again,next time it will be the
survival of the fittest,although by then a drug or drugs will
be available we hope.

2 people like this 2 people   

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)29/3 12:34Sun Mar 29 12:34:14 2020In response to Re: SOUTH SHEILDS F.C. -Reaction to F.A. Decision to end season.Top of thread

Views: 367

Can only admire your optimism even though I think it may be misplaced.
In these difficult times we certainly need hope and positivness so lets hope your right

By K's196029/3 11:29Sun Mar 29 11:29:15 2020In response to Re: SOUTH SHEILDS F.C. -Reaction to F.A. Decision to end season.Top of thread

Views: 363

You are so right, I am unanimous in that. Be lucky.

Previous thread: Hayden end of season interview by BedfordshireK30/3 11:48Mon Mar 30 11:48:34 2020view thread