ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on forum.kingstonian.net

The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Half Season Ticket by Olde School KsToday 15:40Today at 15:40:56view thread

Oldest article: Cryptically Connected by a krinkly31/5/2019 02:18Fri May 31 02:18:20 20191 person dislikes this 1 personview thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Mark Anderson interview by www.kingstonian.com3/4 17:35Fri Apr 3 17:35:10 2020view thread

Joint Statement

By www.kingstonian.com (fwpbot)3/4 10:07Fri Apr 3 10:07:32 2020

Views: 708

A Joint Statement by both Corinthian-Casuals FC and Kingstonian FC

Read the full news item at https://www.kingstonian.com/news/joint-statement/1225

reply to this article | return to the front page

4 people like this 4 people   2 people dislike this 2 people

Re: Joint Statement

By reximus3/4 10:11Fri Apr 3 10:11:33 2020In response to Joint StatementTop of thread

Views: 627

Wow.

rex

2 people like this 2 people   

By WorcesterK3/4 10:21Fri Apr 3 10:21:05 2020In response to Re: Joint StatementTop of thread

Views: 617

Yup. Wow.

Time for some endless circular debates around the viability of moving in to the athletics stadium to help pass the lockdown time!

3 people like this 3 people   

By Gary (gekins)3/4 10:24Fri Apr 3 10:24:52 2020In response to Re: Joint StatementTop of thread

Views: 622

Wouldn't that be an oval-shaped debate?

4 people like this 4 people   

By ollie3/4 11:19Fri Apr 3 11:19:18 2020In response to Re: Joint StatementTop of thread

Views: 583

Cheers, dad.

By Paddy (Paddy1)3/4 10:57Fri Apr 3 10:57:16 2020In response to Re: Joint StatementTop of thread

Views: 572

Positive naive outlook: Maybe its us getting out of bed with them (as opposed to them to us) because something has come up in the pipeline? Be it a sniff that we might be welcome back to KM once the fictional rodents finally go play in the place they were named after? Or perhaps we've found a new site to invest the remaining dirty money? Or the directors would prefer to go groundshare in yet another not-Kingston location because they are sick of having possessions stolen with a constant zero culpability to the perpetrators?

Yeah nah I dont actually believe any of that either.

1 person dislikes this 1 person

By a krinkly3/4 11:03Fri Apr 3 11:03:50 2020In response to Re: Joint StatementTop of thread

Views: 546

Can't say a permanent future as tenants at an all blue Kingsmeadow fills me with anticipation.

1 person likes this 1 person   

By Paddy (Paddy1)3/4 11:08Fri Apr 3 11:08:04 2020In response to Re: Joint StatementTop of thread

Views: 539

I dont disagree... but its better than some of the other local alternatives & at the very least it's in Kingston (or the Kingston suburb of Norbiton for the pedantic). Plus our badge is still proudly on display on the sides of the metal archway over the entrance to the ground :)

Edited by Paddy1 at 11:08:33 on 3rd April 2020

By Iang3/4 12:30Fri Apr 3 12:30:44 2020In response to Re: Joint StatementTop of thread

Views: 491

Wow - how odd would that feel , walking through the turnstiles back at KM - 29 seasons our home ( i think) - it would be better than disappearing obviously, better than sharing with Not police or Carshalton etc but I have enjoyed being 250-300 souls in a small stadium and not feeling like we are rattling.

Hopefully the board are having secret talks with an ideal option.

Hmmm one to think about...

1 person likes this 1 person   

By My lovely horse3/4 13:07Fri Apr 3 13:07:52 2020In response to Re: Joint StatementTop of thread

Views: 485

But it’s almost certainly not going to happen (why would Chelsea want it? What’s in it for them?) It wouldn’t make any sense to trade away the opportunity to have a permanent part ownership of a stadium and secure the club’s future through the ‘Joint Venture’ for the chance to have the insecurity of another rental agreement back at KM. Presumably it would be more expensive that an KGF too?

I don’t necessarily think it’s indicative of any other plausible option in the pipeline. It could be that the level of vitriol that took place at the derby game on both sides in addition to the theft etc probably shocked one or both Boards review the situation and drop the Joint Venture. Forever, who knows? Perhaps it’s not the right time now but could be revived at some point? The current situation is probably going to be an existential threat to the existence of many clubs at our level and to be honest I thought it would put pressure on both clubs to secure the agreement as a bulwark against . I’m actually pretty surprised.

Edited by My lovely horse at 13:10:06 on 3rd April 2020

By Paddy (Paddy1)3/4 12:50Fri Apr 3 12:50:17 2020In response to Re: Joint StatementTop of thread

Views: 482

" I have enjoyed being 250-300 souls in a small stadium and not feeling like we are rattling."

100% it has been enjoyable playing at KGF (ignoring the thefts & hostile disposition of their vocal fan base). But, playing devils advocate here, if we have ambition to progress up the pyramid (weather we actually do progress or not isn't entirely irrelevant but let's pretend it is irrelevant for the sake of this) we need facilities that would not only be acceptable for heightened ground grading but also one capable of comfortably holding the sort of crowds we saw for the Fylde game on a regular basis because in theory attendances will rise in tandem with our NLS step. In terms of ready made facilities for even one step higher than we currently find ourselves there is only one venue in the entire borough... I think even the likes of Imber Court is currently capped at Step 3 football (could be wrong with that one but I think the access to the ground via the main entrance of the complex isn't suitable for Step 2).

1 person dislikes this 1 person

By WorcesterK3/4 13:40Fri Apr 3 13:40:24 2020In response to Re: Joint StatementTop of thread

Views: 449

Yup. I think the issues of theft and fallings out among the fanbases are secondary. Without serious investment KGF is not a National League South standard ground. Unless Casuals agree to some big upgrades (they would be funded by both clubs as part of a joint venture) I can't see how the ground could match the step 2 ambitions that we have.

Casuals are not a club with step 2 ambitions, and it doesn't make an awful lot of sense for them to be putting their money in to the upgrades.

Best, therefore, for us to pull out of the joint venture and return to being groundsharers. If it looks like we are on for promotion, we can then look to other local step two clubs (e.g. Hampton and Richmond) for the necessary short term arrangements.

We are obviously no where nearer a permanent, long term solution (unless the board know something we don't), and this may feel like a set back in that quest, but I'm not convinced that KGF could have ever been the long term (step 2) solution.

By My lovely horse3/4 13:52Fri Apr 3 13:52:20 2020In response to Re: Joint StatementTop of thread

Views: 471

The issues regarding KGF regarding its suitability or otherwise for Step 2 are unchanged and are the same as when the agreement was first suggested. To me it seems unlikely unless as you say there is a disagreement unforeseen at the time as to who would pay for what. But to me it seems a bit unlikely. Perhaps we wanted a 4G pitch and Casuals didn’t etc. Or perhaps the fan ill feeling was the straw that broke the camel’’s back.

The problem now is if we do go for promotion, where would we play? It does narrow down the choice. Would HRBFC for example want us as tenants? If not the, who?It would also mean moving out of RBK.

Edited by My lovely horse at 13:53:08 on 3rd April 2020

By Paddy (Paddy1)3/4 14:20Fri Apr 3 14:20:48 2020In response to Re: Joint StatementTop of thread

Views: 449

KM, Beveree, Colston Avenue & Gander Green Lane the only places that spring to mind even semi-locally that has hosted Step 2 football. Is there any others? The latter we can strike off as something of an unspeakable beyond the last resort sort of thing.

By My lovely horse3/4 15:19Fri Apr 3 15:19:02 2020In response to Re: Joint StatementTop of thread

Views: 452

Tooting and Mitcham when Dulwich Hamlet were groundsharing there until they went back.

Tooting Bec now share Tooting and Mitcham

Sutton United have a tenant in Sutton Common Rovers

I guess others further afield are Dulwich, Dorking and Woking.

None are in the Borough apart from KGF and KM.

But perhaps it’s not a major concern now. This league is extremely tough to get out of. In season 21/22 you’d expect Romford with their money to be in the same league looking to get promoted. In which case renting KGF would be sufficient.

By ollie3/4 13:03Fri Apr 3 13:03:14 2020In response to Re: Joint StatementTop of thread

Views: 493

I think the access to the ground via the main entrance of the complex isn't suitable for Step 2

Just climb over the fence like everyone else does pal.

Previous thread: Questions for Kav and Beaney by Taimour2/4 09:39Thu Apr 2 09:39:41 2020view thread