ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on forum.kingstonian.net

The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: Message from Supporters Club re quiz questions by www.kingstonian.comToday 17:51Today at 17:51:10view thread

Oldest article: Cryptically Connected by a krinkly31/5/2019 02:18Fri May 31 02:18:20 20191 person dislikes this 1 personview thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Grier's Guide to the 2006-07 Season by www.kingstonian.com6/4 15:48Mon Apr 6 15:48:33 2020view thread

Interview with Mark Anderson

By Taimour (WeHateWombles)3/4 15:15Fri Apr 3 15:15:47 2020

Views: 1028

https://shows.acast.com/kingstonian-weaving-in-and-out/episodes/interview-with-director-mark-anderson

reply to this article | return to the front page

3 people like this 3 people   

Re: Interview with Mark Anderson

By ollie3/4 15:36Fri Apr 3 15:36:48 2020In response to Interview with Mark AndersonTop of thread

Views: 649

This is great, thank you. Clears up some of the joint statement questions.

2 people like this 2 people   

By Iang4/4 22:17Sat Apr 4 22:17:34 2020In response to Re: Interview with Mark AndersonTop of thread

Views: 387

Indeed thanks Taimour, we are blessed as a fanbase in terms of wide ranging communications.

Intriguing that we seem to have 2 options , one edge of borough and another.

My days the hope of our own stadium again is one to lift the spirits.

UP the ks, stay home . Stay safe

1 person likes this 1 person   

By Iang4/4 17:23Sat Apr 4 17:23:18 2020In response to Re: Interview with Mark AndersonTop of thread

Views: 469

Indeed thanks Taimour, we are blessed as a fanbase in terms of wide ranging communications.

Intriguing that we seem to have 2 options , one edge of borough and another.

My days the hope of our own stadium again is one to lift the spirits.

UP the ks, stay home . Stay safe

By Suom Ynona4/4 19:56Sat Apr 4 19:56:23 2020In response to Re: Interview with Mark AndersonTop of thread

Views: 426

Where we're currently playing is on the edge of the borough anyway so no change there really. Can't see it being the athletics stadium by what was said. Anyone got any ideas where it might be? Can't think of any free space in the borough myself.

By a krinkly4/4 20:34Sat Apr 4 20:34:17 2020In response to Re: Interview with Mark AndersonTop of thread

Views: 429

That old rugby ground opposite the Colliers Wood ground has been mentioned on here before.

1 person dislikes this 1 person

By supahoops75/4 07:13Sun Apr 5 07:13:06 2020In response to Re: Interview with Mark AndersonTop of thread

Views: 385

With a permanent ground share/venture at Cor cas apparently dead in the water,
I'm taking 'edge of borough' to mean that the Chessington golf site is back on.
'One other' could mean ground sharing almost anywhere. Both are worst case scenario
IMO. There is absolutely nowhere left in or near central Kingston to build another football stadium
to suit our level.

By Max Hustwick Teenage Fan Club (MHTFC)5/4 10:32Sun Apr 5 10:32:04 2020In response to Re: Interview with Mark AndersonTop of thread

Views: 385

Fulham are building in Motspur Park!

By supahoops76/4 11:39Mon Apr 6 11:39:29 2020In response to Re: Interview with Mark AndersonTop of thread

Views: 313

Is it a small conference graded football ground that we can share exclusively
with them?

By Max Hustwick Teenage Fan Club (MHTFC)6/4 13:29Mon Apr 6 13:29:58 2020In response to Re: Interview with Mark AndersonTop of thread

Views: 314

I think they're moving everything around as they want to accommodate an American helmeted-type football team in England. As I understand it, they are re-doing/relocating the Academy pitch and surroundings within the complex which straddles Motspur Park.

But this is only coming from someone who 'thinks' that they are in the know!

By supahoops76/4 13:39Mon Apr 6 13:39:41 2020In response to Re: Interview with Mark AndersonTop of thread

Views: 299

Regardless,Thanks for the info!

By My lovely horse6/4 15:12Mon Apr 6 15:12:55 2020In response to Re: Interview with Mark AndersonTop of thread

Views: 283

It would seem unlikely that Fulham want or neeed us. They are spending millions on their new Riverside stand and their training facilities in Motspur Park. Any contribution from us would be chicken feed. Would we really want to be in bed with a Premiership/ Championship team? Would we just get swallowed up?

I think this illustrates the issues we have in that possible land for a new stadium is being taken up by a professional teams (we currently have AFC Wimbledon, Fulham and Chelsea with facilities in the Borough).

In terms of a site perhaps there could be a partnership with someone like Chessington and Hook United? Would some sort of potential partnership be needed as a new stadium in RBK would well in cost in excess of the Womble money.

Edited by My lovely horse at 15:21:10 on 6th April 2020

1 person likes this 1 person   2 people dislike this 2 people

By a krinkly6/4 12:52Mon Apr 6 12:52:18 2020In response to Re: Interview with Mark AndersonTop of thread

Views: 280

I could live a lot easier with black and white than all blue.

By supahoops76/4 13:38Mon Apr 6 13:38:07 2020In response to Re: Interview with Mark AndersonTop of thread

Views: 269

And me!

By ollie4/4 22:32Sat Apr 4 22:32:59 2020In response to Re: Interview with Mark AndersonTop of thread

Views: 401

Doesn't fit with what Ando said about access though. Might be there (maybe plan C/D etc) but given its location it's surprisingly horrible to get to (I.e. no trains, limited bus options, can only access from one side of M3, extremely limited parking both sides of the complex, etc).

By Suom Ynona4/4 20:36Sat Apr 4 20:36:31 2020In response to Re: Interview with Mark AndersonTop of thread

Views: 414

The one where Old Bevonians used to play in Kingston Vale? Would be quite a tight fit to get something built there.

By a krinkly4/4 21:17Sat Apr 4 21:17:25 2020In response to Re: Interview with Mark AndersonTop of thread

Views: 404

Aren't there what's left of two rugby pitches?

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)4/4 21:38Sat Apr 4 21:38:17 2020In response to Re: Interview with Mark AndersonTop of thread

Views: 384

No
Olde Bevs is a pony riding school.
Goals tried to get in there but planning turned down because of bus congestion and bats nesting on the site and they are protected
Try Chessington maybe close to the zoo.
Just a guess

Previous thread: I've just listened to.... by a krinkly4/4 21:34Sat Apr 4 21:34:13 2020view thread