ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on forum.kingstonian.net

The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Cheltenham by TAYesterday 20:01Yesterday at 20:01:48view thread

Oldest article: The Society Rooms, Macclesfield! by skinner5/11/2019 10:36Tue Nov 5 10:36:25 2019view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: A Free Online Mental Health Support Course by www.kingstonian.com6/4/2020 18:54Mon Apr 6 18:54:45 2020view thread

Proof they live on another planet?

By a krinkly7/4/2020 09:06Tue Apr 7 09:06:13 2020

Views: 13142

If I've got this wrong please enlighten me but, according to the PFA the likes of Gareth Southgate, Eddie Howe and Graham Potter are evil villains damaging the NHS because they voluntarily decided to take large pay cuts. The players on the other hand are heroes because they refuse to have any pay cut at all so they will continue to bolster the NHS.

Just who is sharing the planet I'm on coz it clearly can't be both!

reply to this article | return to the front page

1 person likes this 1 person   

Re: Proof they live on another planet?

By Iang7/4/2020 09:49Tue Apr 7 09:49:23 2020In response to Proof they live on another planet?Top of thread

Views: 7231

Lets see the whole picture - it always makes me laugh when guys from working class roots get ( more than?) their share - for centuries and millenia the wealth belongs in the hands of the ultra rich - These players like Henderson, Mata etc want to get their wages pay tax then distribute. I don't see Branson, Soros and those leeches making a difference.

Easy targets - whole picture needed.

I am disgusted at my other club ( levy, ENIC behaviour) but am extremely proud of what we have done in the borough of Harringey from the off - un-requested.

2 people like this 2 people   

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)7/4/2020 10:26Tue Apr 7 10:26:28 2020In response to Re: Proof they live on another planet?Top of thread

Views: 7223

Premiership players at Tottenham doing very well in the community.
No surprise with Mr Levy using Furlough.
How some live with their contience is amazing but same names always come up.
Tottenham as at other clubs are a club in the community and many playing there part.Pity in so many cases the rich Chairman is a distance apart from what their club stands for.

By Iang7/4/2020 10:36Tue Apr 7 10:36:12 2020In response to Re: Proof they live on another planet?Top of thread

Views: 7233

If they don't do a Liverpool and about face - my ST renewal will remain untouched.

We do have about half a billion in hard debt for the new ground but are the 8th richest club on the planet - disgusting - H and the boys will sort it themselves I reckon

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)7/4/2020 09:40Tue Apr 7 09:40:36 2020In response to Proof they live on another planet?Top of thread

Views: 7222

Lets knock as usual the Premiership players without any inforned detail on what they are doing.
Dont upset the MPs many of whome are in the super rich category.Dont knock the racing drivers like Hamilton who dont even live here or pay there taxes here,dont knock the super rich tennis players.Just cast your mind to Premiership footballers,many of which do a lot of charity work and at the moment doing much for the community and Hospitals.
Havnt heard of Branson recently or since he sued the NHS.

By Suom Ynona7/4/2020 09:10Tue Apr 7 09:10:08 2020In response to Proof they live on another planet?Top of thread

Views: 7224

I think what they were trying to say was that by not taking their wage they'll be depriving the NHS of their NI contributions. I have no idea if the NHS is actually losing out or gaining anything with the proposed wage cuts. If they just donated the wages (if they wanted to) then the NHS would get both the donation and the NI contributions.

By a krinkly7/4/2020 09:14Tue Apr 7 09:14:02 2020In response to Re: Proof they live on another planet?Top of thread

Views: 7226

Whoever decided to make that argument a solid reason for not taking any cut clearly needs to sharpen up their PR skills.

By ollie7/4/2020 09:31Tue Apr 7 09:31:32 2020In response to Re: Proof they live on another planet?Top of thread

Views: 7221

Both arguments are sound - by purely cutting wages and doing nothing else the tax take suffers but the holding company gains. This might be OK (part of the counter argument) if the holding company diverts all saved money to other employees / enterprises that might have otherwise been in significant trouble, plus greater profits from reduced wages might equate to some extra corporation tax, but largely my opinion is the holding company and beneficiaries of it would be the winners from a pure wages cut.
If however a wage cut is diverted directly towards (for example) the NHS then it would get around some of the issues above, but again a lot would be robbing Peter to pay Paul as both income tax and corporation tax would go down. Plus, I don't even think there is a mechanism for all this anyway.
So, you might argue that the most 'moral' thing to do would be for footballers to donate money AFTER TAX, either directly to the NHS (if there is a mechanism for this), or to directly impacted employees / enterprises, or to any other charitable cause available at this time. Which, in the most part, I guess a lot are already doing. Which leads me nicely to coming round to your long time view of social media. It does lots of good, but this recent scapegoating of footballers is another example of bad, IMO, stirring up hatred amongst people that doesn't need to be there, especially at times like these. Remind people of their moral and civil obligations, yes, but then hope your sound arguments work with their own consciences.

Edited by ollie at 09:36:05 on 7th April 2020

By reximus7/4/2020 09:45Tue Apr 7 09:45:37 2020In response to Re: Proof they live on another planet?Top of thread

Views: 7212

you might argue that the most 'moral' thing to do would be for footballers to donate money AFTER TAX

They could make donations to registered charities with added Gift Aid. Since most of the peeps we're talking about here will be in the high income category, the charity would receive an extra 40% on top of the donation.

rex

Previous thread: Grier's Guide to the 2006-07 Season by www.kingstonian.com6/4/2020 15:48Mon Apr 6 15:48:33 2020view thread