ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on forum.kingstonian.net

The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: IST GAME by supahoops7Yesterday 16:46Yesterday at 16:46:49view thread

Oldest article: Under 18s tonight at Chipstead postponed by www.kingstonian.com4/11/2019 17:07Mon Nov 4 17:07:17 2019view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Zoooooooooom....! - UPDATED Mon 4th May by www.kingstonian.com4/5/2020 18:08Mon May 4 18:08:18 2020view thread

Blast from the past 01

By Butler13/4/2020 13:17Mon Apr 13 13:17:11 2020

Views: 8709

From pure boredom along with wanting you to remember why you love your club so much,I got in touch with a few club legends to list some of the memories which made it special for them also. Will be posting them daily starting with today’s blast from the past, former K’s centre back Adam Thompson.

Best K’s memory: It would have to be last game of the championship winning season away at ashford. League was in the bag so I emptied one of the water bottles before the game and filled it with a bottle of vodka and topped up with red bull. We put abit of black tape on the bottle so we knew which one to ask for during the game. It tastes awful. Was even funnier when Bobby traynor forgot and squirted himself in the face with vodka 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣. We also played pass the coin during the game which somehow turned into £1.80 when Lodgey handed me it. If there’s a video of that game you will see Max Hustwick have possession of the ball, drop the pound coin and then start looking for the coin whilst trying to protect the ball. Just brilliant.

Also the playoff win against Sutton and the victory over cray to clinch the title I will never ever forget.

Worst player you played with: Bless him but Johnny Neal took forever to score.

Best player you played with: Max Hustwick. Probably the complete opposite of me as a player but what a footballer. Never mentioned for his speed but was quick. As skinny as a rake but never outmuscled. Brilliant in the air and could play. Fantastic player.

Most memorable game: The playoff win against Sutton. Those are the games you want to be involved with. Outstanding atmosohere and I also scored the best goal of the game too which makes it extra special.

Worst trainer: Bashiru Alimi. Haha obviously a joke. Probably Dean Lodge but can forgive him because come matchday was an absolute magician.

Favourite K’s song: Alan Dowson is a wanker

Favourite K’s fan: Too many to pick one out. Honestly and incredible bunch and forever grateful to the ones who made it to my white collar boxing fight. Honestly that meant a lot and I hope to make that up to you guys some day.

Best memory of K’s fans: Winning that title against cray at kingsmeadow is my favourite football memory ever. It was unbelievable. The fans singing and drinking into the car park just an incredible time. Even returning to games every now and then and hearing you still sing my name is amazing. Love you guys.

Random player stories: Struggling with this one tbh Butz. Il see if one comes to me.

reply to this article | return to the front page

15 people like this 15 people   

Re: Blast from the past 01

By Iang16/4/2020 10:50Thu Apr 16 10:50:31 2020In response to Blast from the past 01Top of thread

Views: 5531

These are fabulous Butz - keep em coming

2 people like this 2 people   

By supahoops714/4/2020 06:46Tue Apr 14 06:46:37 2020In response to Blast from the past 01Top of thread

Views: 4824

Great stuff. Can't wait for 02. Keep em coming!

1 person likes this 1 person   

By BedfordshireK13/4/2020 13:29Mon Apr 13 13:29:14 2020In response to Blast from the past 01Top of thread

Views: 3961

This is great. Thanks!

2 people like this 2 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

Blast from the past 02

By Butler14/4/2020 14:42Tue Apr 14 14:42:04 2020In response to Re: Blast from the past 01Top of thread

Views: 3892

Today’s blast from the past is someone who definitely deserves the label of Kingston legend! Tough tackling midfielder Bashiru Alimi.

Best K’s memory: I’d have to go for the 2010 win at Sutton, was always such a hard place to go to and them being such bitter rivals made it that much sweeter!

Worst player you played with: Wouldn’t like to say.

Best player you played with: This is another tough one. Was lucky enough to play alongside some good guys with a few even going onto have decent pro careers. Some of the names that spring to mind are; Lance Key, Tim Sills, Mark Beard, Dave Clarke, Danny Bolt, Craig Rocastle, Mazin Ahmed, Martin Lee, Scott Steele, Giles Coke, Bobby Traynor, Adam Thompson, to name a few but for me, my best player was Maurice Harkin. Just his speed of thought and feet were brilliant.

Most memorable game: This is a tough choice between my debut back in 2001 (1-1 draw vs Hitchen Town), Surrey Senior Cup win against AFC Wimbledon in 2006 and of course the Semi final playoff win against Sutton in 2010.

Favourite K’s song: The one about me.

Favourite K’s fan: So many passionate and loyal K’s fans who dedicated so much of their time to the club. Hard to pick one particular fan out. Names that do spring to my mind is yourself, Ali and Rex.

Final thought: Would like to mention a couple of big personalities over the years! Steve Sedgley had such knowledge about the game and some great stories about his playing days. Also Thommo, great guy who had a big influence on the team both on and off the pitch, who really should have gone onto play at a higher level. Tony Reid was another funny guy who lifted spirits and someone who could definitely handle themselves on the pitch!

8 people like this 8 people   

Blast from the past 03

By Butler15/4/2020 16:23Wed Apr 15 16:23:58 2020In response to Blast from the past 02Top of thread

Views: 3927

Today’s blast from the past is a man who needs no introduction to K’s fans, none other then Martyn Lee.

Best K’s memory: The Surrey Senior cup win against Wimbledon.

Best player you played with: Giles Coke and Bashiru Alimi

Worst player you played with: Mick Brady

Worst trainer: Dave Timothy, he never trained!

Favourite K’s song: He’s here,he’s there, he scored and punched the air Martin Lee.

Most memorable game: Has to be the Surrey Senior cup final. Seeing a thousand of Ks fans behind the goal at Kingfield making so much noise,incredible night.

Random player story: The whole celebration in front of the afc fans was pre planned. Me,Reidy and a few of the boys agreed if we scored before them we’d do it. At half time the police said if I did it again they’d arrest me as it could start a riot.

Final thought: Kingstonian fc is the best non league club I’ve played for. Some great memories from Kingsmeadow, I loved playing there. Hopefully the club will get back to where it belongs, such a great fanbase and real football people of the pitch.

12 people like this 12 people   

Re: Blast from the past 03

By supahoops716/4/2020 09:04Thu Apr 16 09:04:38 2020In response to Blast from the past 03Top of thread

Views: 3666

Not sure if there was a 1000 of us, but as Martyn said
it sure sounded like it!. Remember having a bit of a heated
discussion with one or two AFC fans after the game. They said
they couldn't hear us!.

By Iang16/4/2020 10:48Thu Apr 16 10:48:18 2020In response to Re: Blast from the past 03Top of thread

Views: 3621

500-750 I reckon we were outnumbered but not out sung for sure

By a krinkly16/4/2020 11:48Thu Apr 16 11:48:23 2020In response to Re: Blast from the past 03Top of thread

Views: 3607

It was well over 700, enough to p*** off some of their internet police of the time who asked where we got the 'rent a crowd' from.

By Filipo16/4/2020 13:11Thu Apr 16 13:11:43 2020In response to Re: Blast from the past 03Top of thread

Views: 3619

I remember the crap they gave us after the game about it being our cup final/Mickey Mouse cup. They went a bit quiet when reminded how they won it the year before and also they had an open top bus outside the ground ready for their victory parade!

3 people like this 3 people   

By a krinkly16/4/2020 13:20Thu Apr 16 13:20:53 2020In response to Re: Blast from the past 03Top of thread

Views: 3593

I hadn't heard about the open top bus. We also won the pre match forum jousting hands down, it was so easy to pull their legs it could be embarrassing.

By a krinkly16/4/2020 09:37Thu Apr 16 09:37:46 2020In response to Re: Blast from the past 03Top of thread

Views: 3617

One of the 3000 Wombles who didn't give a stuff about the SSC anyway, but turned up all the same for just something to do I suppose.

By Max Hustwick Teenage Fan Club (MHTFC)15/4/2020 18:21Wed Apr 15 18:21:35 2020In response to Blast from the past 03Top of thread

Views: 3699

Brilliant - Keep them coming!

4 people like this 4 people   

By reximus15/4/2020 16:45Wed Apr 15 16:45:34 2020In response to Blast from the past 03Top of thread

Views: 3733

At half time the police said if I did it again they’d arrest me as it could start a riot.

PMSL

These are superb, Butz. Keep 'em coing!

rex

By SDG (SDG (Ks))15/4/2020 19:10Wed Apr 15 19:10:04 2020In response to Re: Blast from the past 03Top of thread

Views: 3682

Yes, really enjoying these and what an amazing day that was, still the best of the post-Conference era and easily topping our exploits this season. Great story about the police and I never knew the whole celebration was pre planned. I remember Reidy really going for it and I think James Rose as well.

Blast from the past 04

By Butler16/4/2020 13:33Thu Apr 16 13:33:46 2020In response to Re: Blast from the past 03Top of thread

Views: 3684

Glad to see people are enjoying these,I swear I should get some kind of award for all the post season entertainment I’ve provided. I do it just for you guys after all,it’s got nothing to do with being furloughed from work and bored out my brain...honest 🤞

Aaaanyways today’s blast from the past is former defender/midfielder/captain Mark Beard.

Best K’s memory: would have to be the brilliant FA Cup run we had beating Brentford, Southend and drawing with Bristol City at Ashton Gate.

Best player you played with: The best player I played with at K’s had to be my brother in law Geoff Pitcher.

Worst player you played with: Not sure on the worst player but in my second spell we had a few poor players.

Worst trainer: As well as being the best player he was also the worst trainer lol, Geoff Pitcher.

Favourite K’s song: That’s an easy one, Would have to be mine, “Mark Beard but he ain’t got one”.

Most memorable game: Again it has to be from that brilliant Fa cup run. The crowds we took to all of the games. Amazing experiences.

Final thought: Keep supporting the K’s and keep believing. Good times are around the corner.

7 people like this 7 people   

Blast from the past 05

By Butler17/4/2020 16:15Fri Apr 17 16:15:12 2020In response to Blast from the past 04Top of thread

Views: 3627

Today’s first blast from the past actually bought me a beer on my eighteenth,away to Billericay precisely sixteen years ago. Former midfielder Liam Collins.

Best K’s memory: Obvious one this...winning the league! With a top bunch of lads too.

Best player you played with: Been a few...over the years I spent there...but one that stood out was Dave Clarke..proper midfield general. Very experienced too. Was a sulker at times but a really good bloke too.

Worst player you played with: Can’t remember names but I've seen some really bad trialists come down over the years!

Worst trainer: Can’t think of one off the top of my head...but worst loser in training was Scotty Steele...when he become gaffer he use to keep the sessions going until his team were winning!!

Favourite K’s song: Phil Wingfield’s song was a good one...Phil Wingfield, Phil Wingfield running down the wing....Si Si Simon huckle was a good one too!!!

Favourite K’s fan: Too many to pick just one. All you hardcore lot that follow home and away. The singers behind the goal and the girls in the club shop were all a massive part (and still are) of a great fan base during both my times at the club.

Most memorable game: Beating cray 2-0 at home near the end of the season who were are closest rivals for the title. But best game was beating Dulwich to win the league. 1-0 down with 10 mins left and lodgey and Tommy scored to win us the league!

Best memory of K’s fans: When we all went back to a pub in chessington I think it was after we won the league & all the fans and us players all had a good drink up and sing along. Nanananananananannan...the K’s are going up going up the K’s are going up. Always sticks in my head from that night!!!

Random player story: After a game at home cant remember who against....Sedge was the gaffer and he and Dave Clarke had an argument...Clarkey went straight into the shower with the hump....Sedge went in with a hot cup of tea and from behind lifted the cup over Clarke's (middle leg). To be fair Clarkey laughed it off!!!.

6 people like this 6 people   

Re: Blast from the past 05 - Liam Collins

By Southampton K3/5/2020 17:02Sun May 3 17:02:38 2020In response to Blast from the past 05Top of thread

Views: 3159

Worst player you played with:

How about Jermaine Hinds, whenever I was late and we were attacking Athletics End to start I was almost guaranteed to hear "Fuck sake Jermaine!" down that right hand side.

Paul
Southampton K

Re: Blast from the past 05

By John Bangs18/4/2020 08:48Sat Apr 18 08:48:15 2020In response to Blast from the past 05Top of thread

Views: 3572

Thanks Mr Butler!

We have seen people coming together across the whole during this crisis. Positive memories of past successes and fun really help and this thread has been a great contribution - I think enjoyed by all who have read it.

Cheers

John

Blast from the past 06

By Butler18/4/2020 13:45Sat Apr 18 13:45:07 2020In response to Re: Blast from the past 05Top of thread

Views: 3569

Today’s blast from the past is I’m sure is gonna go down well with MHTFC... It is of course former defender Max Hustwick.

Best K’s memory: I liked my first spell at K’s the best with Sedge an Kim. I had a lot of mates there then and my final season of that time was my best on the pitch by far.
I don’t have a best memory really but that first spell for me as a whole was special,I loved it. The club never felt the same as that in my second spell,even though we won the league.

Best player you played with: This is tough. I liked playing with Dave Clarke and Pete Barnsby plus Lance Key was class. Also one of my best mates Greg Ball was flying until he got injured. Thommo was great as well.

Worst player you played with: I wouldn’t like to say worst players because that ain’t something I look at really.

Worst trainer: Can’t think of one really.

Favourite K’s song: Lustwick, Lustwick where’s your babe?

Favourite K’s fan: All the fans we’re really good and good to my family. I’ll always appreciate and won’t ever forget how well we was treated at K’s.

Most memorable game: Hard to pick just one game out. I’d say it was in my first spell . I loved that time it was a shame it went the way it did or I’m sure I’d of never left after we lost to lewes in the final when the leagues all changed,but I didn’t have a choice at that time.

Random player story: Been so many funny stories to pick one is hard. Theres a few that Bolty was part of. One time he knocked Frank the old physio’s wig off in the shower. The boys found it hilarious but Frank didn’t.

Final thought: You lot are top fans and deserve more. You should still be at kingsmeadow that is K’s. Hope you get back to where you deserve to be soon.

Edited by Butler at 13:45:48 on 18th April 2020

Re: Blast from the past 06

By Max Hustwick Teenage Fan Club (MHTFC)18/4/2020 14:52Sat Apr 18 14:52:34 2020In response to Blast from the past 06Top of thread

Views: 3583

If ever there was a player who should have played at a higher level it was Max Hustwick!

Thanks for posting!

Re: Blast from the past 06

By reximus22/4/2020 08:33Wed Apr 22 08:33:26 2020In response to Re: Blast from the past 06Top of thread

Views: 3402

Walton & Hersham FC are delighted to announce the appointment of Scott Harris as our new First Team Manager.

Scott brings with him an experienced management team, which will be headed up by assistant Billy Rowley, as well as Max Hustwick, who will join the club in a player/coach role.

rex

Blast from the past 07

By Butler19/4/2020 15:33Sun Apr 19 15:33:56 2020In response to Re: Blast from the past 06Top of thread

Views: 3565

Today’s blast from the past is a man that needs no introduction, former K’s goal machine Bobby Traynor.

Best K’s memory: It has to be the playoff semi against sutton. Cracking game with plenty of drama.

Best player you played with: That’s a tough one as there has been some great ones over my years and you also need to consider the different aspects and qualities depending on the position they played. I will have to with Lodgy, purely for the number of assists from the penalty spot!

Worst player you played with: I won't mention the worst, although there are a couple of candidates 👀

Favourite K’s song: I had a few but it has to be the "Bobby Traynor, Bobby Traynor" one. I said to a fan that follows afc.

Favourite K’s fan: Favourite k's fan is tricky. A real good bunch that was always there come rain or shine. Really enjoyed playing in front of you guys but wish we could have had more success on the pitch.

Most memorable game: It will have to sutton again, great game and superb atmosphere generated by you guys. Although the final game on our league winning season was a brilliant celebration which started before the game kicked off!

Best memory of K’s fans: Has to be clinching the league title and celebrating with you all, some of which even in the dressing room. Also the sutton game again, a little crazy but we all loved it! Haha

Re: Blast from the past 07

By reximus19/4/2020 22:42Sun Apr 19 22:42:33 2020In response to Blast from the past 07Top of thread

Views: 3537

Bobby's wonder goal from that game - https://youtu.be/GaHF0qN4p5M

rex

Re: Blast from the past 07

By supahoops720/4/2020 07:48Mon Apr 20 07:48:13 2020In response to Re: Blast from the past 07Top of thread

Views: 3475

A Ks legend, end of.

Blast from the past 08

By Butler20/4/2020 20:23Mon Apr 20 20:23:47 2020In response to Re: Blast from the past 07Top of thread

Views: 3511

Our blast from the past today was our captain during the clubs most successful period of all time, being the first one up the steps to lift the trophy on both occasions. The one and only...Matt Crossley.

Best K’s memory: Getting to lift the f.a trophy as captain at Wembley twice.

Best player you played with: I played with some great players but the best was definitely Dave Leworthy. Even if he didn’t play towards the end, he was still great in the changing room.

Worst player you played with: Cant really answer this one because I don’t think we had a bad player in my time there, Geoff put a good team together over the 3 years.

Worst trainer: Simon Stewart, thought he was a No.10 in training, plus Terry Evans, never trained but always produced on the pitch, as did Stewie.

Favourite K’s song: Que sera,sera whatever will be will be,we’re going to Wembley que sera sera.

Favourite K’s fan: Jack Goodchild.

Best memory of K’s fans: Cheltenham away in Trophy Semi final, you were brilliant.

Random player story: Colin Luckett could impersonate all of the players voices and was always stitching everyone up. Very funny in a changing room environment.

Final thought: I had 3 great successful years at the K’s, 2nd two as captain, with memorable moments, lifting the F.A. Trophy twice, we couldn’t of done without the team spirit from the players, the board and most importantly the fans. I know the times are a bit tough at the moment, but football wise I’m sure good times will be back, remember those 3 magical years, and dream it all might happen again. Best wishes to everyone and keep safe.

Blast from the past 09

By Butler21/4/2020 16:17Tue Apr 21 16:17:02 2020In response to Blast from the past 08Top of thread

Views: 3495

Today’s blast from the past is midfield maestro Paul ‘Chico’ Weatherall.

Best K’s memory: Without doubt the Surrey Senior cup final against AFC also beating my old club leatherhead in the same season.

Best player you played with: Maz (Ahmed) on his day and Martyn (Lee) when he fancied it 😂

Worst trainer: Martyn,but on match days he was fantastic.

Favourite K’s song: You can get delirious if you take life too serious...It’s Chico time!

Favourite K’s fan: The ones that didn’t slate me 😂

Best memory of K’s fans: How mental you all went after beating afc - drowned them out.

Random player story: Mick Brady used to wear programmes instead of shin pads.

Final thought: I loved my time playing for K’s. I always look out for their results and hope the good times return. If there was ever a set of fans that deserve success it’s K’s.

9 people like this 9 people   

Re: Blast from the past 09

By K's196021/4/2020 16:28Tue Apr 21 16:28:54 2020In response to Blast from the past 09Top of thread

Views: 3453

K's will and are now returning to the good times. I like this series of 'Blast from the past' there is a lot of hard work that goes into this and I applaud you for this initiative. As K's fans globally say 'Come on you K's'

Blast from the past 10

By Butler22/4/2020 20:20Wed Apr 22 20:20:51 2020In response to Re: Blast from the past 09Top of thread

Views: 3429

Today’s blast from the past is a goalkeeper that really was the mutts nuts during his time between the sticks for K’s. It is of course Lance Key.

Best K’s memory: Without a doubt , representing England C in Belgium against there U23’s in Oostend along with fellow K Tim Sills and then being presented with my cap at a home game with my dad and youngest son being there.

Best player you played with: A tough call this as there was many , but will name 3 , obviously Tim Sills , who went on to play higher and scored goals wherever he went , but both young players at the time where Max Hustwick and Liam Collins , who unfortunately were playing in a struggling side but both had real talent & potential.

Worst player you played with: Too many to mention 😂, only joking , I’m not going to name & shame 😅

Worst trainer: If I had to name one , probably Phil Wingfield , all he did was moan , but not a bad player was he.

Favourite K’s song: Well , that’s an easy one , I think it went , Lance Key is the dogs B-ll-x 😂😂 I think I actually took more stick for this when I came back to kingsmeadow with Histon as a coach , and the faithful starting singing this to me, but thank you 😊

Most memorable game: It’s possibly , Chesham at home and we won 1-0 , but it was like the alimo !! I had one of those games where it just seemed to hit me and stay out !! Bob Dowie , who was there manager said I was like a cat that night , probably more like Bagpuss.

Best memory of K’s fans: I just had an amazing time at the club and that was down to the fans that made me feel so welcome , wether that be on the pitch, off it or in any bar home or away , very loyal and appreciative even though the club then we’re going through indifferent times !!

Random player story: On a night out with the lads in Kingston , I was still fairly new but ended up on my own ( don’t know why ) and with no battery on my phone , so ended up sleeping in the car at Kingsmeadow in the car park ! The following day , had to play in a charity 5aside and couldn’t move !!

Blast from the past 11

By Butler23/4/2020 16:42Thu Apr 23 16:42:35 2020In response to Blast from the past 10Top of thread

Views: 3412

Today’s blast from the past is one of my personal favourite ever players. Always gave his all on the pitch and a really top bloke off the pitch too. None other then Simon Huckle.

Best K’s memory: No question – winning the league title in 08/09. The team Dowse assembled that season just clicked. It pretty much picked itself most weeks, a genuine top group of lads.

Best player you played with: A fair few to choose from to be fair that I played with over the years. Two top keepers in Luke Garrard and Rob Tolfrey. Top competitors at the back like Thommo, who would literally go through brick walls. Gary Mac and Hutch were proper defenders too. Midfield partners like Liam, Tommy and Mo Harkin – quality players who I just did the running for. Bobby Traynor - immense goalscorer! Lodgey – match winner on his day. CWD – a proper presence.
But if pushed I’d have to say Max Hustwick. Macca had pace, aerial ability, undeniable top quality in his use of the ball and rarely got done for strength – despite not looking like he had a muscle on him. Nicked a goal now and then too. Great player and a hilarious bloke as well.

Worst player you played with: Wouldn’t like to say a worst player, we did have some pretty poor trialists at times. I remember one lad coming down and Dowse asking his name in the middle of the session. I didn’t have a clue but convinced Dowse his name was Steve. The next 10 minutes of the session were amusing watching Dowse as he struggled to get any reaction when calling “Steve’s” name. Never saw the lad again.

Worst Trainer: Has to be Lodgey, no question. Outstanding player and could win a game on his own, case in point - Braintree FA Cup Home 4-0 win – Deano scores all 4!. But 75% of the time, at least, had zero interest in training. I’m sure he won’t mind me saying that.

Favourite K’s song: There were so many. You lot are unbelievably inventive to the extent where I hear certain songs now and I start singing the versions you produced, “Oooh Carl Wilson Denis” for example. Super, Super Bob sticks in my mind, but I’m going to say my song though, Sii, Sii, Siiimon Huckle, simply so that I can commend Rex on that epic falsetto he used to crack out!

Most memorable game: Two games for me – both from the Championship winning season, the 2-0 home game against Cray Wanderers was massive. We knew a win pretty much secured the title. Cray were fierce competition that year and Dowse/Hamsey really got the boys fired up. I enjoyed bagging the first goal in that game too. The atmosphere was quality.
We topped that off coming from behind to beat Dulwich 2-1 at home the following week. Brilliant scenes after the match both on the pitch and in the dressing room. Great times.

Favourite K’s fan: Aside from my kids, it’s impossible to pick out any one individual – you were always an amazing bunch. The fans make any club and Kingstonian is fortunate to have you all.

Best Memory of K’s fans: Sorry to relate to the league title win again but this is a given. Special moment to have my kids on the pitch at the end with me amongst everyone else joining in the celebrations while Luke lifted the trophy. Memorable times.
Comedy followed that in the dressing room when we introduced Tim Wells to the ice bath bless him.

Favourite goal I scored: Can’t say it’s a favourite because we lost 4-3 to Horsham but one I’ll always remember was bending Jack MacLeod’s pass into the top corner from 30 yards to bring the game level at 3-3. I’d cut my chin open about 10 mins earlier and Jamie had patched me up with one hell of a bandage! I looked ridiculous. I don’t know what I was thinking hitting it from there either! I seem to remember Paul Olima heading over from a yard out to equalise again in the final minute…
My favourite goal in terms of importance was the first goal in that 2-0 win vs Cray at home in front of you lot. Quite enjoyed scoring from almost the half way line at Sutton too

Random player story: Adam Thompson is the only player I’ve ever seen, or known, to be competitive (or stupid) enough to execute an overhead kick in the dying seconds of a 5-a-side training game in a school sports hall! Mind.blown.

Message to K’s fans: Just a huge thank you. I really enjoyed my time at K’s and it was a pleasure to give everything I had for the club during my 6 years or so playing at Kingsmeadow. Keep positive! The real good times will return! Thanks for the questions Butz! Take care all!

Re: Blast from the past 11

By reximus23/4/2020 19:38Thu Apr 23 19:38:09 2020In response to Blast from the past 11Top of thread

Views: 3365

Thanks for these Butz.

And thank you, Simon Huckle "la la la la la la la la" :)

rex

3 people like this 3 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Butler23/4/2020 19:58Thu Apr 23 19:58:28 2020In response to Re: Blast from the past 11Top of thread

Views: 3366

Glad people are enjoying these. Only a couple left to post now though.

Edited by Butler at 20:03:15 on 23rd April 2020

By SDG (SDG (Ks))23/4/2020 21:13Thu Apr 23 21:13:51 2020In response to Re: Blast from the past 11Top of thread

Views: 3359

These have been great, thanks Butz. You sometimes wonder how much players really care, especially when we use 70+ in a season like under Dynan, but reading these interviews over ten years on it's clear how much the title winning side of 08/09 loved playing for Ks and loved that season. Even if the league wasn't the strongest it was so much fun to watch such a good side. Great times.

By tim (36southlanenewmalden)23/4/2020 21:42Thu Apr 23 21:42:40 2020In response to Re: Blast from the past 11Top of thread

Views: 3341

Butler you are brilliant,i think these should be printed in Ks Programmes

Blast from the past 12

By Butler24/4/2020 18:40Fri Apr 24 18:40:19 2020In response to Re: Blast from the past 11Top of thread

Views: 3371

Today’s blast from the past is no stranger to this forum as he’s featured on here once already this week. Andre McCollin (ooh yeeah).

Best player you played with: without a doubt it’s Harold Odemetey.

Worst player you played with: Sam Page.

Worst Trainer: Don’t have one.

Favourite K’s song: Andreee McCollinnnnnnn oooh yeah

Most memorable game: Had to be at home to Grays when I scored 4. A good day at the office.

Favourite K’s fan: All of you,especially Filipo and Josh.

Best Memory of K’s fans: The tear up when u guys played Corinthian casuals in a supporters game 😭😭😭😭 I’ll never forget that.

Random player story: I once knocked Wade Small’s tooth out with my belt on a team night out. 🤦🏾‍♂️ total accident Lool

Blast from the past 13

By Butler25/4/2020 21:54Sat Apr 25 21:54:25 2020In response to Blast from the past 12Top of thread

Views: 3349

Today’s blast from the past is a midfield general that was no stranger to the referee’s book. Craig Lewington.

Best K’s memory: The game against Grays after a delayed start. We were about 6 games behind everyone and the atmosphere that night was unreal, and we won!

Best player you played with: Dave Clarke. What a competitor.

Worst player you played with: No comment.

Worst trainer: Tim Sills

Favourite K’s song: Lewy’s gonna get ya. Which was often followed by And if Lewy doesn’t get you Clarkey will.

Favourite K’s fan: All of them, they were brilliant every week.

Most memorable game: Beating Leatherhead on pens in Surrey senior cup semi final after being 2-0 down, and I scored the first pen.

Best memory of K’s fans: To be honest mate they were brilliant home and away. Would sing for majority of the game and other players would regularly comment on how good they were and how lucky we were. We did play Clacton in fa cup away one year and they took over the bar at the end of the game. We won and they were doing karaoke in the bar, was great atmosphere.

Favourite goal: In all the thousands of goals I scored in my career, I never scored for k’s I don’t think. Only penalty shoot outs. So Harrow borough away in play off semi final was a good one.

Random player story: Dave Clarke was very fortunate in the private’s area, one day Steve Sedgley come behind him and put a cup of tea in between his bow legs and lifted it up and burnt his bits, the changing room was in bits.

Final thought: Thanks for the brilliant time you gave me playing for K’s,Loved every minute of it. Hopefully you can get back to where you deserve to be. Hope to see you all soon.

Edited by Butler at 21:54:54 on 25th April 2020

Re: Blast from the past 13

By reximus1/5/2020 18:49Fri May 1 18:49:29 2020In response to Blast from the past 13Top of thread

Views: 3214

Come on, Butz. Where the one with C-Dubz?

rex

Previous thread: Grier's Guide to the 2010-11 Season by www.kingstonian.com3/5/2020 14:18Sun May 3 14:18:28 2020view thread