ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on forum.kingstonian.net

The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: Virtual Awards Night Update by www.kingstonian.comYesterday 23:57Yesterday at 23:57:05view thread

Oldest article: Saturday's match v Corinthian-Casuals by www.kingstonian.com25/10/2019 12:00Fri Oct 25 12:00:29 2019view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: WIAO Episode 5: Simon Cooper and Ollie Cook by Taimour6/5 07:48Wed May 6 07:48:26 2020view thread

All Time Ks XI

By Max Hustwick Teenage Fan Club (MHTFC)4/5 10:12Mon May 4 10:12:28 2020

Views: 9675

Noticed that Graham Wood is doing his all-time Ks XI on Facebook, so it would be interesting to see what others think as their Ks XI - My XI go back many years:

Farrelly; Adaway, Hustwick; Pitcher, Ashworth, Haider; Williams, Coates, Leworthy, McCormack, Akuamoah.

reply to this article | return to the front page

4 people like this 4 people   

Re: All Time Ks XI

By supahoops74/5 16:10Mon May 4 16:10:46 2020In response to All Time Ks XITop of thread

Views: 5506

1. Steve Farrelly
2. Alan Kelsall
3.Kenny Grose
4. Matt Crossley
5. Micky Preston
6. Gary Patterson
7. Trevor Waughman
8. Geoff Pitcher
9. Nicky Glover
10. Dave Leworthy
11. Johnnie. Doyle

This line up is just my personal preference. I like this game,
so here's another top quality eleven.

1. 'Sir' Robert Tolfrey
2. Tarks
3. Colin Luckett
4. John Lacy
5. Simon Stewart
6. Simon Huckle
7.Dean Lodge
8 David Harlow
9 super Bobby Traynor
10 Francis Vines
11 Eddiel! Eddie! Eddie! Akuamoah.

We've had too many class players over the years to cram em all in!
A big thank you and sorry to those I haven't listed.

Edited by supahoops7 at 16:12:08 on 4th May 2020

2 people like this 2 people   

By RichardNW4/5 20:20Mon May 4 20:20:42 2020In response to Re: All Time Ks XITop of thread

Views: 4741

Take no prisoners line up:

1. Steve Farrelly (does the number 9 really want to stand in front of him as he takes a kick?)
2. Dave Richards (Just talking about him today- 2 sendings off in 60/61 season)
3. Curtis Warmington
4. Tommy Moorhouse
5. Micky Droy
6. Mark Harris
7. Gary Patterson
8. Paul Gbojidi
9. Francis Vines
10. Ryan Moss
11. Bash Alimi (lucky to find any number 11 to include to be honest)

3 people like this 3 people   

By Peter Borrett4/5 21:36Mon May 4 21:36:17 2020In response to Re: All Time Ks XITop of thread

Views: 4716

My selection
1) Rob Tolfrey
2) Tarkan Mustafa
3) Colin Luckett
4)Dave Roberts
5) Mickey Preston
6) Geoff Pitcher
7) Rod Haider
8) Gary Pattison
9) Francis Vines
10) Hugh Lindsay
11) Robin Lewis

Before everyones time but should mention Frank Macey and more recently Johnny Whing /Jimmy Coates (both played approx 10 seasons though Jimmy sometimes overseas with the Navy.)

By Iang5/5 10:29Tue May 5 10:29:16 2020In response to Re: All Time Ks XITop of thread

Views: 4678

I love us Ks fans - to read the phrase " more recently Johnny Whing"...superb , factual but superb

1 person likes this 1 person   

By swindondave4/5 21:10Mon May 4 21:10:15 2020In response to Re: All Time Ks XITop of thread

Views: 4711

Norman Field would be my no.11

By K's19605/5 09:12Tue May 5 09:12:19 2020In response to Re: All Time Ks XITop of thread

Views: 4658

My favourite left winger at K's just loved the Puma boots he wore. Mind you Peter Bessex was very good too.
And referring to Peter Borrets choice those players would be in my selection too and glad you mentioned Frank Macey Happy Days Thanks for the memories

By supahoops74/5 20:41Mon May 4 20:41:22 2020In response to Re: All Time Ks XITop of thread

Views: 4716

That's a bit of a 'Bruisers' 11 if you don't mind me saying so.

By Iang4/5 11:20Mon May 4 11:20:45 2020In response to All Time Ks XITop of thread

Views: 4805

Jester Williams will be delighted

By Butler4/5 22:37Mon May 4 22:37:29 2020In response to Re: All Time Ks XITop of thread

Views: 4702

This is a topic I’ve thought about a lot over the years and for me you can’t argue with the facts. Our second season in the conference 99-00 was without doubt the best K’s team ever! Finishing 5th, our highest ever league position which would have been a play off place had they had them back then, as well as winning our second consecutive F.A Trophy.

1. Farrelly
2. Mustafa
3. Luckett
4. Crossley
5. Stewart
6. Harris
7. Patterson
8. Pitcher
9. Akuamoah
10. Leworthy/Simba
11. Wingfield

What a team that was!!

My post conference Best K’s XI would be:

GK: Rob Tolfrey - Pretty sure I don’t need to explain this one.

RB: Aaron Goode - Despite the fact he tried to pick a fight with me...TWICE! I can’t deny he was a quality player.

LB: Steve Symes - This guy was a beast, not the biggest of players but he certainly didn’t mess about. Although Fabio could well find himself occupying this space in the near future.

CB: Adam Thompson - At centre back, definitely not right back! Best defender in the league promotion season. Solid as a rock.

CB: Julian Sills - Fantastic leader and reader of the game, was outstanding 05/06 season.

RM: Mazin Ahmed - This guy was pure class! To curl in two corners in one season is pretty special. Shame he left the club the way he did.

LM: Dean Lodge - If you know, you know!

CM: Dave Clarke - An absolute warrior, always got stuck in. Covered so much ground and had a fierce shot on him as well.

CM: Simon Huckle - A few candidates for this one but in the end I’ve got to give it to Hux. Always gave 100% for the team and brought half the attendance with him.

ST: Tim Sills - Not only a fantastic goal scorer but he seemed to make whoever was up front with him play better too. I didn’t rate Sadler at all until Windows came and seemed to bring the best out of him.

ST: Bobby Traynor - What can I say? An absolute goal machine! You could always rely on Super Bob and he’d certainly be the one taking the pens!

Subs:
Jon Coke
Tommy Williams
Carl Wilson-Denis
Martyn Lee
Lance Key

Probably a few players that should be in there that I’ve forgotten about but I’ll stick with this for now.

By supahoops75/5 10:04Tue May 5 10:04:43 2020In response to Re: All Time Ks XITop of thread

Views: 4665

Can't argue with the Conference line up of 99-00. Agree 100%.
From watching Ks since 1967, the Vince Burgess era in the early 70s
and the Vines, Harlow Kempton era were the stand out
times for me personally. 99-00 was awesome and far too brief
in our illustrious history.

By Paddy (Paddy1)5/5 08:59Tue May 5 08:59:52 2020In response to Re: All Time Ks XITop of thread

Views: 4662

Mines basically the conference years team (well, the first two conference years) with Tolfrey in goal & Traynor up front.

The bench is basically a reverse of the starting line up as it's the 09/10 team with the addition of Farrely & Leworthy).

Management team: basically what Woking have now... Big Geoff & Dowse working together but with Hayden as their assistant. Maybe throw Craig Edwards in as a full time motivational speaker to the team.

By Iang5/5 10:26Tue May 5 10:26:42 2020In response to Re: All Time Ks XITop of thread

Views: 4652

I'm going to list my favs not necessarily the best ( although some are):

1. Tolfs,
2. Tarks
3. Kempo
4. Johnny Finch
5. Simon Stewart
6. Mickey Droy
7. Harlow
8. Picher
9 Vino
10. Wingers ( feared by the Us)
11. Robin Lewis

Apologies for numbers, set up etc just from memory.

By K's19606/5 16:41Wed May 6 16:41:15 2020In response to Re: All Time Ks XITop of thread

Views: 4628

It would be remiss of me if I didn't include the players of the 1960 FAAC final. This was the first time that Kingstonian FC had graced the sacred turf of Wembley Stadium April 23rd 1960. In honour of those players I submit their names

Goalkeeper Roy Groves
Right Back Brian Davies
Left Back Dennis (Dickie) Bird
Right Half Dave Richards
Centre Half John Ashworth
Left Half Les Gilson
Outside Right Ken Harris
Inside Right & Captain Jimmy Coats
Centre Forward JOHNNY WHING who scored 2 hat tricks on the way to the final
Inside Left Hugh Lindsay
Outside Left Reg Oakes
All of these players Worthy of my greatest K's X1

4 people like this 4 people   

Previous thread: Weaving In and Out Podcast Episode Five by www.kingstonian.com6/5 11:06Wed May 6 11:06:20 2020view thread