ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on forum.kingstonian.net

The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: Virtual Awards Night Update by www.kingstonian.comYesterday 23:57Yesterday at 23:57:05view thread

Oldest article: Saturday's match v Corinthian-Casuals by www.kingstonian.com25/10/2019 12:00Fri Oct 25 12:00:29 2019view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: WIAO Ep 6: Tommy Williams by Taimour12/5 16:36Tue May 12 16:36:02 2020view thread

Tomorrow...

By Butler12/5 10:04Tue May 12 10:04:44 2020

Views: 612

...makes it two decades since our second F.A trophy win at Wembley. Has it really been 20 years?!

It would be great to spend the day reliving the memories by watching the game back. I do have the game recorded but sadly it’s on a VHS at the bottom of a cupboard at my parents. Which doesn’t help me for numerous reasons!

Just wondering if anyone has or could even set up a link to the game? It would be greatly appreciated and I’m sure there’s a fair few others that wouldn’t mind a trip down memory lane too.

Cheers

Butz

reply to this article | return to the front page

1 person likes this 1 person   

Re: Tomorrow...

By old and grey12/5 18:15Tue May 12 18:15:07 2020In response to Tomorrow...Top of thread

Views: 438

It has to go down as one of if not the best then the
most entertaining and drama filled TROPHY finals
of all time.
Well worth watching again,if only to watch one of
the truly great players to wear the shirt,that man
was of course the truly gifted AMARA SIMBA.

By RichardNW12/5 10:49Tue May 12 10:49:32 2020In response to Tomorrow...Top of thread

Views: 513

I've got the whole sky recording on digital/DVD but I'm not up with streaming tech and not got the time to learn. I could send it to someone but the online program I used to send files to people (We transfer) only allows up to 2gb at a time and this runs to over 4gb.

Happy to send it to someone if they can give me a simple way of getting it to them with a few clicks.

2 people like this 2 people   

By reximus12/5 11:33Tue May 12 11:33:31 2020In response to Re: Tomorrow...Top of thread

Views: 482

I read that www.plustransfer.com allows file transfer up to 5Gb.

I'm no tecchie but I have a reasonably good internet connection. If you want to send it to me, I can try and upload it to Youtube. But please someone with better IT skills jump in with a better solution? (Facebook Watch party? MS Teams Event?)

rex

By David Crawt12/5 22:04Tue May 12 22:04:27 2020In response to Re: Tomorrow...Top of thread

Views: 369

I know this has all been sorted now but, if I have a large file that I want to share which is too big to email etc. I upload it to my ‘Dropbox’ account and then send a link to the file to anybody who wants access to it.

By RichardNW12/5 12:05Tue May 12 12:05:56 2020In response to Re: Tomorrow...Top of thread

Views: 447

Thanks Rex

I followed the link as far as I could go without loading the video and seems to look easy and do-able. Happy to do this but as you say better to see if anyone else teccie could jump in with a better plan for an event themed thing which I think is what Butler would like.

I guess I can upload to youtube myself but not sure how copyright or adverts work? Doesn't youtube get a bit fretty with videos over a certain length?

By Butler12/5 12:22Tue May 12 12:22:43 2020In response to Re: Tomorrow...Top of thread

Views: 454

Tbh I’m not too worried about it being a group thing, just very keen on watching the game again. I’m far less of a techie then Rex, in fact I’m pretty useless when it comes to that sort of thing! But I knew there was people on this forum that would definitely have the skill set to make it happen and I thought it was worth putting it out there. After all don’t ask, don’t get.

Thank you Richard for getting the ball rolling. I have a bag of VHS at my parents with both trophy finals, highlights from Ryman league championship season recorded off Cable 17 (remember that channel?) and MOTD F.A cup highlights etc. At some point i’ll need to get them transferred onto DVD but no doubt by the time I do DVD will be about as relevant as VHS is now lol.

By RichardNW12/5 12:28Tue May 12 12:28:41 2020In response to Re: Tomorrow...Top of thread

Views: 457

The list of what is already transferred to DVD is up my site:

http://www.kingstonianhistory.co.uk/Kingstonianvideos.htm

If you've got any VHS that isn't on that list then delighted to transfer them if I get the VHS tapes and hand you back a shiny DVD. I have been meaning to offer these up to people on 2 x 128gb memory sticks to pass around and copy any they want.

If there is a party we'll need the lyrics to the dive song- can't even remember the tune- the only lyrics I can remember was something like "diving in the Wembley showcase"

By Ali (ali.kazemi)12/5 15:25Tue May 12 15:25:01 2020In response to Re: Tomorrow...Top of thread

Views: 423

Was aiming to have most/all of these available online over the summer anyway, but will push up the to do list.

By reximus12/5 13:27Tue May 12 13:27:33 2020In response to Re: Tomorrow...Top of thread

Views: 436

Richard, shall we take this offline?

My email address is pp231806[at]gmail.com

rex

By RichardNW12/5 15:51Tue May 12 15:51:45 2020In response to Re: Tomorrow...Top of thread

Views: 398

Sent you an email so if you didn't get it then I did something wrong!

By reximus12/5 16:03Tue May 12 16:03:23 2020In response to Re: Tomorrow...Top of thread

Views: 402

Received with thanks :)

rex

By Butler12/5 12:34Tue May 12 12:34:39 2020In response to Re: Tomorrow...Top of thread

Views: 458

I believe it went...

How much did they pay you McNamara to fall on your flat ugly face?
How much did they pay you McNamara to trip over your own boot lace?
How much did they pay you McNamara to dive at the Wembley showcase?
How much did they pay you McNamara? You sure are a fucking disgrace!

Very interested in rewatching a lot of those games you have on your site, we’ll have to do a bit of business when the new season starts.

Edited by Butler at 12:38:22 on 12th May 2020

By reximus12/5 12:16Tue May 12 12:16:34 2020In response to Re: Tomorrow...Top of thread

Views: 461

I know Butler originally suggested tomorrow (cos its the anniversary, natch) but maybe a communal Watch Party type event at 3pm on Saturday could work better for everyone - and would give us time to optimise the tech?

rex

By Butler12/5 12:25Tue May 12 12:25:30 2020In response to Re: Tomorrow...Top of thread

Views: 449

I mean, if there’s enough interest from people that want to watch it then why not?!

Edited by Butler at 12:27:08 on 12th May 2020

By K's196012/5 11:17Tue May 12 11:17:29 2020In response to Re: Tomorrow...Top of thread

Views: 471

I decided it was about time to see K's at Wembley Stadium again after a 40 year break and the K's didn't disappoint on this occasion. It was worth every penny of the entrance fee an unforgettable afternoon, even the thunder clapped shortly after the game, the Gods were obviously pleased with what the had witnessed. A cracking game by 2 very good Non-League teams, hats off to Kettering they made us fight for that second trophy.

By a krinkly13/5 11:01Wed May 13 11:01:06 2020In response to Re: Tomorrow...Top of thread

Views: 360

Gotta agree, all in all that was not a bad birthday treat, this year I'm repairing doggy patches in the lawn.

Previous thread: Kingstonian Supporters Club launches its own social media accounts by www.kingstonian.com13/5 09:08Wed May 13 09:08:42 2020view thread