ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on forum.kingstonian.net

The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Ban on away supporters by Nick GarlandYesterday 19:41Yesterday at 19:41:58view thread

Oldest article: Meet the Manager - 19 July : Family Fun Day - 20 J… by www.kingstonian.com30/6/2019 16:01Sun Jun 30 16:01:55 2019view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: VIDEO: My Macclesfield adventure by David Crawt4/6 20:17Thu Jun 4 20:17:57 2020view thread

Here We Go

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)1/6 10:04Mon Jun 1 10:04:10 2020

Views: 1076

So here we go again with the ponies at Newcastle starting today and plenty more to follow.
Man.C. and Arsenal in two weeks today starting football again.
Snooker starting as well.
Well its real not virtual so pleased to have sport back but thats all one can say.
Its good to be back but almost bending the science and almost like its not real but I shall enjoy now being stuck indoors watching the massive amount of football in a short space of time.Beers in and Sky contract renewed.
May even head out for a pint in one of the number of pubs open for my Guinness although I shall have to wait another month to watch the football inside

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Here We Go

By reximus1/6 16:05Mon Jun 1 16:05:17 2020In response to Here We GoTop of thread

Views: 637

A shame to see horse-racing resume. There have been ZERO deaths at UK race-courses since racing was cancelled in mid-March. As racing resumes, so will the deaths. Racing exists solely to support the corrupt gambling industry, a blight on society as a whole and the poor in particular.

#YouBetTheyDie

rex

Edited by reximus at 16:42:17 on 1st June 2020

4 people like this 4 people   5 people dislike this 5 people

By Iang1/6 10:20Mon Jun 1 10:20:47 2020In response to Here We GoTop of thread

Views: 703

It will be a long time before I go back to the lane to watch it live - but when Ks starts I will be there - with only 300 ave gate we must be able to stand 2m apart once all is safe.

Really enjoying all thigs online - esp great to see the SC blooming again.

Sussex Ks

3 people like this 3 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By My lovely horse (Nick Garland)1/6 13:26Mon Jun 1 13:26:45 2020In response to Re: Here We GoTop of thread

Views: 668

Premier League players will be subject to rigorous continual testing and monitoring of their health. Not something available at Isthmian level. So can we reasonably ask them to do so? We can’t socially distance the players even if the crowd can be to some degree. How would the bar, tea bar, toilets etc work? My guess is we won’t see any football in 2020 and probably beyond that well into 2021.

1 person likes this 1 person   

By SDG (SDG (Ks))1/6 19:00Mon Jun 1 19:00:45 2020In response to Re: Here We GoTop of thread

Views: 603

I agree. I don't think there is any way that non-league resumes before professional football does (with crowds) and might be some time after. For starters, if we were on and the pro game was behind closed doors then non-league clubs would be swamped by fans - we saw this already when some leagues shut down a week later and there were massive crowds at Dulwich and South Shields. Social distancing on the terraces would be unenforceable.

Premier League clubs have huge financial ties around long player contracts, transfer fees, sometimes stadium debt, they'll be incentivised to get the games on, even if conditions aren't ideal. Non-league is the opposite, it's a money drain at the best of times and clubs won't want to play unless they can minimise their losses - that means all the fans wanting to come, including those in vulnerable categories, it means the bar being open, it means owners' businesses being back on a level footing. Even looking optimistically at how the country might recover from coronavirus it's hard to see any of this happening until there's a vaccine.

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)1/6 21:52Mon Jun 1 21:52:12 2020In response to Re: Here We GoTop of thread

Views: 557

Quite depressing but again probably not far off.Just hope as the shops open and then the bars there is no spike and we may possibly move forward in supported sport

By K's19602/6 12:15Tue Jun 2 12:15:49 2020In response to Re: Here We GoTop of thread

Views: 536

It is depressing. My local club Winslow United in N.Bucks play their games on a local ground which is administered by the Town Council. The ground is in immaculate condition and has been brought up to FA standards and adheres to HSE protocols. Also there, alongside the football pitch is a very good cricket square. Three cheers and a clap or two for Non-League Soccer

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)1/6 13:38Mon Jun 1 13:38:41 2020In response to Re: Here We GoTop of thread

Views: 646

I hope your wrong but not so sure you are.
Rules changing all the time and the 2 metres almost certain to go you may think but social distancing whatever the rule is will not change
Pubs and shops starting to prepare for opening but its a complicated minefield out there with little Government help or advice so how the club house will be allowed to open is unsure but actually playing the game will be so much more complicated but we at least will survive

By My lovely horse (Nick Garland)1/6 14:15Mon Jun 1 14:15:50 2020In response to Re: Here We GoTop of thread

Views: 648

Changing rooms is another issue at our level. No way is there any room for social distancing at this level.

I would love to be wrong but I wouldn’t be surprised if season 20/21 is a complete right off.

1 person likes this 1 person   

By MC3/6 10:29Wed Jun 3 10:29:19 2020In response to Re: Here We GoTop of thread

Views: 525

Agree on Changing Rooms

Time to get Handy Andy in

By a krinkly1/6 17:10Mon Jun 1 17:10:07 2020In response to Re: Here We GoTop of thread

Views: 611

The timing of changes that affect our level of the game could well be decided by the next 'Cummings' type saga that needs to shoved under the carpet. Me a cynic? Of course the timing of the current relaxation in restrictions is entirely coincidental....

2 people like this 2 people   

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)1/6 18:13Mon Jun 1 18:13:30 2020In response to Re: Here We GoTop of thread

Views: 587

You are an olde cynic maybe but one can realise if the Government is in trouble we get a carrot.
Its all about money as we know and our little bit all mounts up with many clubs paying players and taxing them and gate receipts with VAT and of coarse bar takings all adding to Government finance which may just be very much needed.
With or when we have a resumption we are in our small way part of the economy which gives us hope

By K's19601/6 16:21Mon Jun 1 16:21:27 2020In response to Re: Here We GoTop of thread

Views: 605

I hope your wrong too.

Previous thread: Grier's Guide to the 2014-15 Season by www.kingstonian.com30/5 21:21Sat May 30 21:21:27 2020view thread