ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on forum.kingstonian.net

The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Summer signings by CarlToday 18:32Today at 18:32:48view thread

Oldest article: Hayden on Haringey by BedfordshireK1/10/2019 17:25Tue Oct 1 17:25:59 2019view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: A follow-up to Saturday's announcement by www.kingstonian.com30/6 10:25Tue Jun 30 10:25:34 2020view thread

The Big Reveal!

By www.kingstonian.com (fwpbot)27/6 15:21Sat Jun 27 15:21:26 2020

Views: 1605

Click to watch Hayden make a big announcement.

Read the full news item at https://www.kingstonian.com/news/the-big-reveal/1386

reply to this article | return to the front page

2 people like this 2 people   6 people dislike this 6 people

Re: The Big Reveal!

By Carl (carlspickett)30/6 15:30Tue Jun 30 15:30:58 2020In response to The Big Reveal!Top of thread

Views: 669

This reminds me of Leeds on twitter a few years back on deadline day:

/metro.co.uk/2014/09/02/leeds-united-twitter-account-trolls-fans-on-transfer-deadline-day-fans-react-exactly-as-expected-4854101/

Oh - and hello everyone. Hope you are well.

1 person likes this 1 person   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Butler27/6 15:25Sat Jun 27 15:25:18 2020In response to The Big Reveal!Top of thread

Views: 1205

Slightly confused by this!

Why say your gonna make an announcement about a ‘big’ signing and then put out a video saying your going to reveal the new signings via a zoom Q+A next week? Doesn’t make much sense to me.

8 people like this 8 people   2 people dislike this 2 people

By Filipo27/6 15:27Sat Jun 27 15:27:03 2020In response to Re: The Big Reveal!Top of thread

Views: 1164

The big news....

There is no news

7 people like this 7 people   3 people dislike this 3 people

By Butler27/6 15:30Sat Jun 27 15:30:58 2020In response to Re: The Big Reveal!Top of thread

Views: 1153

It’s not that there is no news, he said there’s 4 new signings. Yet somehow the biggest signing is us, the ones watching the video that have already been following K’s for numerous years.

7 people like this 7 people   

By Max Hustwick Teenage Fan Club (MHTFC)27/6 15:51Sat Jun 27 15:51:10 2020In response to Re: The Big Reveal!Top of thread

Views: 1112

Damp squib!!

5 people like this 5 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By a krinkly27/6 16:16Sat Jun 27 16:16:35 2020In response to Re: The Big Reveal!Top of thread

Views: 1079

So option 2 isn't discounted........ yet.

1 person likes this 1 person   

By John Bangs27/6 19:40Sat Jun 27 19:40:14 2020In response to Re: The Big Reveal!Top of thread

Views: 911

I shouldn’t think so but we’ll find out on Thursday

1 person likes this 1 person   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By John Bangs27/6 16:35Sat Jun 27 16:35:50 2020In response to Re: The Big Reveal!Top of thread

Views: 1065

Well , Hayden has got us all guessing and has probably increased interest in the second Fan ‘s Zoom Forum ... which was his objective.

4 people like this 4 people   4 people dislike this 4 people

By Butler27/6 16:48Sat Jun 27 16:48:19 2020In response to Re: The Big Reveal!Top of thread

Views: 993

‘Hayden has got us all guessing and has probably increased interest..’

I’m not so sure about that. From what I’ve seen on here this whole ‘big announcement’ hasn’t gone down too well. If anything it’s made me not want to join in on this upcoming Q+A! I just don’t see what the point was in releasing a video stating that a big signing was to be revealed today at 3 and then when the time come simply announcing that the signings will be revealed next week!

It just feels a bit like we’re being messed around here. If 4 players have been signed why not introduce one today and reveal the remaining players at this Q+A?

6 people like this 6 people   

By Filipo27/6 16:53Sat Jun 27 16:53:57 2020In response to Re: The Big Reveal!Top of thread

Views: 991

Quick John this is turning into bad news, better bump another post so this can be buried!

4 people like this 4 people   6 people dislike this 6 people

By Max Hustwick Teenage Fan Club (MHTFC)27/6 17:00Sat Jun 27 17:00:07 2020In response to Re: The Big Reveal!Top of thread

Views: 982

I postponed other plans I had for this afternoon to be told NOTHING!

This whole affair was not very well thought out!

Edited by MHTFC at 17:05:11 on 27th June 2020

4 people like this 4 people   

By Jim27/6 17:56Sat Jun 27 17:56:28 2020In response to Re: The Big Reveal!Top of thread

Views: 958

I don’t normally post on here but I was so annoyed by this afternoon’s non-event. I thought it treated us with contempt. They might have thought it was a jolly jape to get us excited but the reality is that it might have done more harm than good. I have been very supportive of the Board and the Supporters club and felt that they had improved communications immeasurably over the last year but after today I feel they have gone backwards. Apart from the new signings the club are after our money. And I do appreciate the difficult conditions the club faces for at least the coming season but it seems to me that upsetting people today is not the best way to go about it. In my opinion the very least they can do is to apologise.

9 people like this 9 people   2 people dislike this 2 people

By Butler27/6 17:15Sat Jun 27 17:15:56 2020In response to Re: The Big Reveal!Top of thread

Views: 966

Exactly! Not to mention the people that watched it today but aren’t available on Thursday night due to working or other commitments.

Not sure who’s bright idea it was to do it like this but did they really think it was a good idea?

By MC27/6 16:01Sat Jun 27 16:01:37 2020In response to Re: The Big Reveal!Top of thread

Views: 1042

Disappointing not to have the signings announced today.

5 people like this 5 people   

By Paddy (Paddy1)27/6 17:32Sat Jun 27 17:32:59 2020In response to Re: The Big Reveal!Top of thread

Views: 946

"Disappointing not to have the signings announced today."

Disappointing not to have anything announced today, except the announcement of the actual date of the announcement.

I feel trolled.

5 people like this 5 people   

By K's196027/6 17:31Sat Jun 27 17:31:28 2020In response to Re: The Big Reveal!Top of thread

Views: 950

I was very disappointed in this non-announcement, I expect better.

By Peter Borrett27/6 18:16Sat Jun 27 18:16:34 2020In response to Re: The Big Reveal!Top of thread

Views: 939

Can only agree with the above comments and disappointment. My thoughts over last couple of days was that it was going to be the announcement of a new ground and I probably wasn’t the only one. So really a flat reaction.
The reality is that with the uncertainty as to when the season will start and income stream constraints its going to be a diffcult year. The club are projecting a positive attitude with respect to the strength of the team and hopefully we will see on Thursday a forward plan encouraging our participation. Its not easy for anyone financially at the moment so expect our contribution will be networking.
With 14 players re sgning and having lost three forward players then would anticipate our new signings to be replacement midfield/forwards.
If Hayden is positive then no reason why we shouldn’t becas well

By Berkshire Hoops27/6 19:10Sat Jun 27 19:10:51 2020In response to Re: The Big Reveal!Top of thread

Views: 911

I thought it was about the ground, even a possible return to Kings Meadow. Hence my reluctance reveal my hopes. Oh well dream on.

Keith.

Why worry, be happy.

3 people like this 3 people   

By reximus27/6 18:47Sat Jun 27 18:47:40 2020In response to Re: The Big Reveal!Top of thread

Views: 942

I'm loathe to criticise Hayden too much. The football has been pretty good and the communication has been generally excellent but, yeah, this missed the mark.

I guess Thursday's announcement is some kinda fundraising initiative. And fair enough. But to trail it like this just felt wrong.

rex

By RichardNW27/6 19:54Sat Jun 27 19:54:02 2020In response to Re: The Big Reveal!Top of thread

Views: 904

I could be completely wrong but to me it felt like they did have something to announce but then it either fell through or needed more time to finalise and Hayden was left to cover for the lack of an announcement in a confusing sort of way. Of course Hayden has rather a lot of brownie points to use up before anyone is going to get cross at him.

When he mentioned we weren't going to do crowdfunding it felt like a "but instead" moment and talking about the fans (and local business) so much in the clip sounded, as Rex says, like some clever funding initiative. Just guessing really and not much harm done but not a success for sure.

By supahoops728/6 09:10Sun Jun 28 09:10:38 2020In response to Re: The Big Reveal!Top of thread

Views: 819

I think you and Rex before you are pretty close to
the truth on this one. Although Hayden will reveal the four
new signings regards the squad, it is US who the club want
to sign. Hayden said the club doesn't want to crowdfund.
Just about every football club in the country is trying that
right now. No, Thursday will be all about signing US up to
a fundraising scheme along the lines of some kind of share
ownership I'd imagine. Casuals members don't want to
get into bed with us and spoil their cosy little corner of
the borough, so I don't think there will be any mention
of a new home, simply because there is nowhere else
in the borough to build one. Hope I'm wrong.
Despite an amazingly successful time on the pitch and financially
the club still needs funds to move forward.
Personally and logistically, I'm happy to stay at Casuals until the
club can secure foundations elsewhere. Lastly, let's not forget that
our board members businesses and livelihoods will have been
affected and sponsors will be scarce. Like everywhere else, funding
will need to come from somewhere if we are all to survive in these
uncertain times.

By My lovely horse (Nick Garland)28/6 11:05Sun Jun 28 11:05:07 2020In response to Re: The Big Reveal!Top of thread

Views: 830

I highly doubt there is going to be mention of a new home next Thursday. Normal business has not resumed due to Covid-19 and I’d be surprised if there’s been much movement if any since Mr Anderson mentioned the possibility of 2 sites a couple of months ago, certainly not to the extent that there is anything that could reasonably disclosed at this time.

We are a long way (if ever) from kicking off in our own ground. We have no idea what will happen in terms of revenue streams, sponsorship etc not to mention the state of the economy, land values etc. Would the ground be part of a wider development or not?

Even if there is the acquisition of land for a ground there will be a planning application, public consultation and also a planning committee to get through. Assuming that happens we are probably looking at a year to build.

From a planning perspective there’s nothing guaranteed as our friends down the road at Woking FC discovered earlier this week.

https://www.wokingfc.co.uk/news/article/7094/a-personal-statement-from-the-chairman/

Cray Wanderers initiallly fell foul of the Mayor of London.

Also any announcement regarding the ground would surely come from the Board rather Mr Bird?

Edited by Nick Garland at 11:19:24 on 28th June 2020

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)28/6 16:00Sun Jun 28 16:00:01 2020In response to Re: The Big Reveal!Top of thread

Views: 766

Dont think that planning permision has not been given.
Planning and the acceptance of,can be a long time gap especially for a new build.
Brentford and AFC both ahead of the game and ready to move ar the start of the new season have both been badly held up with building work with the virus
That of coarse is if we have obtained a ground not too far away

By My lovely horse (Nick Garland)28/6 16:08Sun Jun 28 16:08:04 2020In response to Re: The Big Reveal!Top of thread

Views: 779

It would be against the law so I can be fairly sure that permission has not been given for anything.

By Paddy (Paddy1)29/6 12:39Mon Jun 29 12:39:36 2020In response to Re: The Big Reveal!Top of thread

Views: 667

There was planning permission at Chalky Lane for something semi recently which I don't think got picked up on here but it was noticed on one of the K's facebook groups. No idea if it was nothing to do with us, C&H doing it, a joint venture, or just us or none of the above.

(Obviously if it is something to do with us it would be morally questionable for most unless C&H board/fans are fully on board, otherwise it would be a tad hypocritical & all... but that's a different tangent)

By Nick Garland29/6 13:32Mon Jun 29 13:32:51 2020In response to Re: The Big Reveal!Top of thread

Views: 658

I saw that and couldn’t find anything on the RBK website so at the time I assumed it was false. If there are negotiations with anyone for another joint venture then then wouldn’t be in the public domain but any planning application as a consequence would be. So there is nothing currently.

By Paddy (Paddy1)29/6 13:59Mon Jun 29 13:59:16 2020In response to Re: The Big Reveal!Top of thread

Views: 671

Confusingly, to add to that: A friend who lives locally got a letter through the door about a development proposed to happen on Chalky Lane, but it just mentioned new housing & made no reference of any modifications or expansion of the existing football ground.

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)28/6 18:38Sun Jun 28 18:38:37 2020In response to Re: The Big Reveal!Top of thread

Views: 742

If planning has been applied for and given you wouldn't neccesarily know.
Sometimes planning is applied for before you buy or before land is sold.
The truth wll out if indeed there is something there

3 people dislike this 3 people

By My lovely horse (Nick Garland)28/6 18:53Sun Jun 28 18:53:07 2020In response to Re: The Big Reveal!Top of thread

Views: 774

OSK that simply isn’t true. There are statutory obligations for planning applications to be in the public domain. Are you suggesting it is possible for an application for a football stadium for a few thousand spectators to be approved without any governance, transparency or due process in terms public papers, consultation, travel plan, parking assessment, environmental impact assessment etc not to mention the Local Plans and the London Plan and ‘you wouldn’t necessarily know’?

Edited by Nick Garland at 18:53:56 on 28th June 2020
Edited by Nick Garland at 19:01:45 on 28th June 2020
Edited by Nick Garland at 19:09:07 on 28th June 2020

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)28/6 20:29Sun Jun 28 20:29:24 2020In response to Re: The Big Reveal!Top of thread

Views: 723

You are moving it on a bit.
Nobody mentioned a football stadium for thousands,if that were the case you would be right but the suggestion would be a simple piece of land and prelimery permission to develop.
That wouldnt involve any structures and would be no more than a piece of land.
We know not wat is proposed indeed if anything but no idea at all of stadia or any proposed infrustucture.

By Nick Garland28/6 21:14Sun Jun 28 21:14:32 2020In response to Re: The Big Reveal!Top of thread

Views: 746

There is no such thing in planning law as preliminary permission to develop. Acquiring a piece of land would be a step in the right direction but as Mr Bird said in the open forum a couple of months ago he has plans to get into the National League in which case a couple of jumpers and a corner flag will not be sufficient to get the necessary ground grading. We don’t know what would be proposed but the point is that any successful application would need to be acceptable from an environmental, transport, parking, air quality etc perspective.

By Jim27/6 23:34Sat Jun 27 23:34:37 2020In response to Re: The Big Reveal!Top of thread

Views: 871

If that was the case wouldn’t it have been easier just to say that there was a hitch and therefore the announcement had to be delayed? Otherwise it would appear that this non announcement was the intention alll along.

By MC27/6 22:14Sat Jun 27 22:14:17 2020In response to Re: The Big Reveal!Top of thread

Views: 860

This seems a decent explanation.

Anyway, let's look forward to Thursday...

2 people like this 2 people   

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)27/6 21:55Sat Jun 27 21:55:16 2020In response to Re: The Big Reveal!Top of thread

Views: 857

I am confident like yourself this will not be down to Hayden.From the announcement of news today something has happened maybe a hitch somewhere or a delay.
The only way forward is with Hayden and I am confident if not a little bemused today that he has big possitive news and I shall wait.
If nothing else give the man the benefit of any doubt and just hope somebody behind the scenes doesnt have their grubby hands on it

By Iang28/6 12:30Sun Jun 28 12:30:05 2020In response to Re: The Big Reveal!Top of thread

Views: 805

Flat summed it up - I thought it might be a KM share with CFC ladies or Chessy south golf club or something or even Jamie Cureton signing ( are we the only club he hasn't played for - ooops he just gone to Enfield).

Mockney parlance - feel "mugged right off".

Will tune in Thursday - happy to buy a ST and sponsor a game

3 people like this 3 people   

By a krinkly28/6 13:43Sun Jun 28 13:43:21 2020In response to Re: The Big Reveal!Top of thread

Views: 820

Unless one of the first three options in my little bit of whimsy yesterday morning were steering too close and there were urgent phone calls......... nawwww.

1 person likes this 1 person   2 people dislike this 2 people

Previous thread: Grier's Guide to the 2018-19 Season by www.kingstonian.com28/6 14:41Sun Jun 28 14:41:20 2020view thread