ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on forum.kingstonian.net

The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: Report for 2019/20 Supporters' Club AGM by John BangsToday 06:01Today at 06:01:48view thread

Oldest article: Kingstonian 1-3 Farnborough by www.kingstonian.com21/7/2019 16:47Sun Jul 21 16:47:20 2019view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: The K's of Juevan Spencer by Football Web Pages8/7 11:02Wed Jul 8 11:02:29 2020view thread

Ban on away supporters

By a krinkly6/7 14:29Mon Jul 6 14:29:22 2020

Views: 1450

There's a thread on the Conference Forum discussing the possibility of a ban on away support when/if the season eventually kicks off with enforced reduced attendances. Certainly seems to make sense at National level and above, would it be needed at ours?

reply to this article | return to the front page

1 person dislikes this 1 person

Re: Ban on away supporters

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)7/7 17:28Tue Jul 7 17:28:06 2020In response to Ban on away supportersTop of thread

Views: 742

Social distancing is the key to everything as I found out over the weekend with the bars and restaurant's re opening and my club inparticular.
Doors in and doors out with one way systems and seating arrangements and no standing anywhere were difficult and with these rules in place it is difficult to imagine attendees at football at any level any time soon but things change and maybe the distancing will go but cant see it for a while yet.
Always try the possitive but its a hard one

2 people like this 2 people   

By SDG (SDG (Ks))6/7 17:18Mon Jul 6 17:18:23 2020In response to Ban on away supportersTop of thread

Views: 894

Totally unenforceable at our level when grounds are unsegregated and everyone buys tickets on the turnstile instead of through the clubs.

I'd like to hear from the league and/or FA though as to how non league can be made safe while also being financially viable. Some fans and volunteers won't want to come back due to shielding etc. Non league bars, crowded and claustrophobic at the best of times, can't operate safely. Social distancing on terracing is unenforceable. Banning away fans would just mean the numbers add up even less than they do already. Honestly I think it's going to be very difficult.

In every other industry Covid is the main thing everyone has talked about for months. In non league, every club is just talking about signing players as if all they have to do to be safe is start the season a few weeks late. Perhaps we'll hear soon from the powers that be but at the moment it feels very odd.

4 people like this 4 people   

By Taimour (WeHateWombles)7/7 09:36Tue Jul 7 09:36:35 2020In response to Re: Ban on away supportersTop of thread

Views: 798

I agree there seems to be lots of signings and no mention of the risk of the season not even starting. This must be because of confident noises being made at the FA but whether those noises are based on anything real from the government remains to be seen.

There must also be a real risk of the season starting and then pausing or even being expunged again, which was messy when it happened in March and would be even messier if it happened in December 2020.

I think i read somewhere that the FA are formulating "mitigation strategies" that they can present to the Government: they will presumably include things like outdoor bars, perhaps even fans' details being recorded in case there is a positive test of someone who attends...

But: the FA have also said that steps 1 to 543 will stand and fall (start and stop) together. So if the National League doesn't start, we don't start. And if Leagues one and two don't start, it's doubtful the National League will start. So you might say the real indicator of when the Isthmian starts is when fans are let back into grounds at all levels of the game. October? well, that depends...

By SDG (SDG (Ks))7/7 12:22Tue Jul 7 12:22:12 2020In response to Re: Ban on away supportersTop of thread

Views: 778

Agree with that, there's surely no way we start before the pro game has crowds again. Otherwise you have the opposite problem where pro club fans starved of football come and swamp non league with big crowds, which was already seen when the Conference played a week later than everyone else before lockdown.

1 person likes this 1 person   

By Paddy (Paddy1)8/7 10:46Wed Jul 8 10:46:32 2020In response to Re: Ban on away supportersTop of thread

Views: 706

Thinking about that from a supporter point of view, ignoring the health issues surrounding the virus, if the scenario played out that way there should be some kind of way of making sure real K's fans get priority.

If, for example, a limit of x amount of people are allowed to watch sporting events & we get inundated with football fans who can't get to see their pro team it would be a bit shitty to turn away genuine K's fans because a bunch of other club fans rocked up as they couldn't get in to see their own team.

I get that's probably a difficult/almost impossible thing to police efficiently & the only way I can even imagine that being implemented is via applying for some kind of membership card for the season, possibly for anyone who isnt a member of the SC or a season ticket holder as those two categories kind of vouch for themselves.

By Nick Garland8/7 13:39Wed Jul 8 13:39:10 2020In response to Re: Ban on away supportersTop of thread

Views: 676

To create an additional layer of bureaucracy at non-league level to exclude paying supporters would surely be a non-starter.

By Paddy (Paddy1)8/7 13:45Wed Jul 8 13:45:24 2020In response to Re: Ban on away supportersTop of thread

Views: 687

In all fairness I did say it was practically impossible.

I just cant see an acceptable circumstance (if the scenario plays out like that) where K's fans are turned away if the ground is at full 'restricted capacity' due to a large contingent of not-K's fans (not including away team fans).

But from a business perspective you are right, all that matters is that £10 entry fee... I'm sure the board doesn't really give a shit who it ultimately comes from, along as they get their bunce.

2 people dislike this 2 people

By SDG (SDG (Ks))8/7 15:57Wed Jul 8 15:57:17 2020In response to Re: Ban on away supportersTop of thread

Views: 677

I think that's unfair on the board, who I'm sure would want to prioritise the club's core support over Premier League fans and groundhoppers. I think your idea could be workable - yes, there's a cost and there's bureaucracy, but then there's cost and bureaucracy to what all businesses are having to do if they open at the moment. But it's only by having these sort of conversations that clubs will start thinking through all the implications and whether things are workable or not. For non league to restart it needs to be safe without being either too expensive for the clubs, or so restricted that it's not fun and nobody wants to go. That's not easy.

I appreciate Rex sharing the league update and up to a point I have sympathy that they need to wait for the Government green light. But I think the game could be far more proactive in thinking now about what a safe return could look like. The Government will at some point say you can return with x per cent capacity, or a crowd no bigger than y, but they aren't going to come up with specific detailed guidance for non league and even if they did, they don't know non league better than the clubs, managers, players, fans etc. So this should really be being discussed now.

By Nick Garland6/7 19:41Mon Jul 6 19:41:58 2020In response to Re: Ban on away supportersTop of thread

Views: 876

Safety for fans in non league is nearly impossible for the reasons you state. For the players it literally is impossible.

By Paddy (Paddy1)6/7 14:56Mon Jul 6 14:56:22 2020In response to Ban on away supportersTop of thread

Views: 890

Times like this I wish the filth didnt get booted sideways to the Southern League so I could make a predictable joke.

By reximus8/7 15:16Wed Jul 8 15:16:52 2020In response to Re: Ban on away supportersTop of thread

Views: 694

The Isthmian League have just confirmed that they're as much in the dark as the rest of us...

https://www.isthmian.co.uk/when-will-football-be-back-62603

rex

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)8/7 16:50Wed Jul 8 16:50:03 2020In response to Re: Ban on away supportersTop of thread

Views: 652

As again with the bars and restaurents its the government that sets the rules and you carry them out to the best you can.The league will no say or directive although a little device.
Remember as well in bars etc its names and contact numbers and one it one out toilets.
Its is fraught with difficulties but can be done but a lot of thought and planning a d a lot less people[/i]

1 person dislikes this 1 person

By reximus8/7 17:52Wed Jul 8 17:52:23 2020In response to Re: Ban on away supportersTop of thread

Views: 647

I think toilets should remain one out, one in.

rex

Previous thread: Juevan Spencer by www.kingstonian.com7/7 15:45Tue Jul 7 15:45:09 2020view thread