ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on forum.kingstonian.net

The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Summer signings by Perth WA KsToday 12:35Today at 12:35:00view thread

Oldest article: Hayden on Haringey by BedfordshireK1/10/2019 17:25Tue Oct 1 17:25:59 2019view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Horley Town Reaction by www.kingstonian.com17/8 03:10Mon Aug 17 03:10:15 2020view thread

Fossil

By Jim9/8 21:04Sun Aug 9 21:04:39 2020

Views: 987

It is with sadness that I have to advise that Brian Newman aka Fossil died at home last night. Brian was a long time supporter of Kingstonain.

RIP Brian

reply to this article | return to the front page

5 people like this 5 people   

Re: Fossil

By Sarah N10/8 17:12Mon Aug 10 17:12:46 2020In response to FossilTop of thread

Views: 619

I would just like to say thank you to each and everyone of you for your lovely comments about my amazing Dad. My Pops was Kingstonian through and through and done so much for the club. He was so upset when they left Kingsmeadow as he missed a lot of games .My Dad was such a gentle man , never had a bad word to say about any body . Loved his Ks and all his footie mates ❤..still can't believe he has gone

15 people like this 15 people   

By Malcolm10/8 16:30Mon Aug 10 16:30:40 2020In response to FossilTop of thread

Views: 592

Such sad to read news regarding Brian’s passing He was a person I have known for over 50 years in connection with Kingstonian. Brian was a tremendous character, a wonderful volunteer and a person who made an exceptional contribution to the club over so many years he will be sorely missed by everybody who knew him

7 people like this 7 people   

By Damo9/8 21:16Sun Aug 9 21:16:12 2020In response to FossilTop of thread

Views: 802

Goodnight to my very good friend Brian, “Fossil”. Loved by everyone at the club. A man I’ve known for over 30 years through our mutual love of Ks. We’ve travelled together, stayed overnight together, drank together, laughed together, moaned together, cheered together.
May you rest in peace my friend and may God guide you onto your next journey

8 people like this 8 people   

By Butler9/8 22:18Sun Aug 9 22:18:51 2020In response to Re: FossilTop of thread

Views: 747

Literally just had a phone call informing me of this terrible news. Brian was K’s through and through and followed the team longer then most of us have been alive. I’ve known Fossil most of my life. Not only as a fellow K’s fan but also as a neighbour. He was a true gentleman, one of the nicest blokes you could ever hope to meet.

I’ll always remember the time we played Oxford United away in a PSF around 2000. After being told by my parents I was not allowed to go to the game due to there not being a supporters coach, I did what any 14 year old would do. I made up a cock and bull story about where I was going, bought a one day travel card to get me through the London barriers and bunked the train there. When I got to the ground I had to ask Brian not to tell my parents he’d seen me at the game. He’d had a few by this time and he just looked at me with a cheeky smile on his face and said ‘The way things are going Iain I doubt i’ll even remember you were here’ as he lifted his pint to his lips. Being the absolute legend that he was, Fossil never grassed me up.

Rest in peace Foss.

Edited by Butler at 22:20:45 on 9th August 2020

11 people like this 11 people   

By supahoops79/8 21:30Sun Aug 9 21:30:08 2020In response to Re: FossilTop of thread

Views: 734

Very sad news. RIP Brian.

By reximus9/8 21:33Sun Aug 9 21:33:52 2020In response to Re: FossilTop of thread

Views: 729

Very sad news. Nothing but the fondest memories of a lovely man.

rex

6 people like this 6 people   

By old and grey13/8 19:09Thu Aug 13 19:09:39 2020In response to Re: FossilTop of thread

Views: 356

A lovely man has left us,that is not in doubt, all of us who new him
remember his love of K's, also his fondness for a pint or two.
Always friendly he didn't have a bad bone in his body.
R.I.P good man.

2 people like this 2 people   

By Taimour (WeHateWombles)9/8 21:48Sun Aug 9 21:48:56 2020In response to Re: FossilTop of thread

Views: 734

Sad to hear this news. Brian was always the most welcoming and caring of K's fans. A really special character. Many of us first got to know him in the mid to late 90s when he was a generational bridge between the behind-the-goal lot and the main stand. He was friends with everyone and a permanent fixture, home and away. Even in the later years he was still flogging the golden goal and 50/50 tickets. When i think of the people who define K's for me, Brian is definitely up there. He has been much missed in the last couple of yeara when he was no longer strong enough to attend games. Hopefully there can be a K's presence at the funeral or memorial service.

12 people like this 12 people   

Re: Ks flag at funeral

By John Bangs10/8 15:50Mon Aug 10 15:50:00 2020In response to Re: FossilTop of thread

Views: 599

John Mac tells me that he has just spoken to Brian’s daughter Sarah. Sarah has asked if we can provide a Kingstonian flag at the funeral as Brian was a true Ks fan.
John Mac has said he will take the flag down to West Sussex whenever they need it.

By John Bangs10/8 06:28Mon Aug 10 06:28:55 2020In response to Re: FossilTop of thread

Views: 668

Agreat guy and great supporter as is well expressed in all the posts above.

RIP Brian

By Filipo10/8 08:12Mon Aug 10 08:12:43 2020In response to Re: FossilTop of thread

Views: 620

Like many others my first interaction with ‘Fossil’ was in my early days as a K’s fan when he was involved with the supporters club-in the days when we would regularly have two coaches for away games.

He always made the time to welcome young and new fans to the club and that time continued even if a quick chat at a home game, on the train to an away game or bumping into him in Kingston many years later.

Even with his health deteriorating he still made a good number of games. There were a couple of occasions he had a fall and got angry if anyone called an ambulance probably a mixture of his strong character and not wanting to miss the game!

A true Ks fan who will never be forgotten!

RIP Fossil

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)10/8 08:04Mon Aug 10 08:04:35 2020In response to Re: FossilTop of thread

Views: 613

Brian was also involved in kids football being very active with the Kingston Little League.
Whatever the weather Brian was always there often with his flag waving cheering on his team
A truly loveley and dedicated person to whatever he was doing.Also a regular fixture at the Kingston Beer Festival,Brian was always there with his band of Ks supporters enjoying a pint.

4 people like this 4 people   

By Iang10/8 08:03Mon Aug 10 08:03:34 2020In response to Re: FossilTop of thread

Views: 628

A truly warm and wonderful man, we shared a love of modern jazz , ale, laughter but mostly the Ks. The tales about Brian are without end , as were the celebrations in the FACup games of the mid 90s at KM.

We've lost a true Kingstonian x

Sussex Ks

By Stoney (Stoney8587)10/8 08:18Mon Aug 10 08:18:20 2020In response to Re: FossilTop of thread

Views: 653

Very sad to hear this news. Fossil was always an absolute gent. RIP.

By David Crawt10/8 13:41Mon Aug 10 13:41:42 2020In response to Re: FossilTop of thread

Views: 571

Not sure what to say really as it's all been said above.

A lovely man and a true Kingstonian fan of many years.

RIP Brian

Condolences to family and friends.

3 people like this 3 people   

By Smurf10/8 16:22Mon Aug 10 16:22:32 2020In response to Re: FossilTop of thread

Views: 547

RIP Foss.
Such a great gentlemen and a pleasure to have known him.
Have a few with the angels

By SDG (SDG (Ks))10/8 16:22Mon Aug 10 16:22:03 2020In response to Re: FossilTop of thread

Views: 559

Very sad news, some lovely tributes on here. He was a passionate Ks fan and a complete gent. RIP.

By a krinkly10/8 17:57Mon Aug 10 17:57:04 2020In response to Re: FossilTop of thread

Views: 551

Last time I spoke to him was at Fetcham Grove towards the end of our season there, such a sad loss to all of us who knew him.

RIP Fossil.

By yorkey (syrup)10/8 18:50Mon Aug 10 18:50:16 2020In response to Re: FossilTop of thread

Views: 541

It is wonderful to see all of these heartfelt messages dedicated to my friend of 30 years. Instead of writing my own testimony at this late stage, I would simply echo the emotions contained within Damo's message above. They capture the absolute togetherness of our old group. Unforgettable times.

RIP mate.

By Ali (ali.kazemi)16/8 22:49Sun Aug 16 22:49:13 2020In response to Re: FossilTop of thread

Views: 292

Likewise, to echo what Yorkie has said in the last post - so many lovely words and stories from everyone about a truly wonderful gentleman.

Brian was great company at games, travelling, in the pub, everywhere really. For me, I used to particularly enjoy the walk home with him from Kingsmeadow in my younger days.

RIP Fossil.

By tim (36southlanenewmalden)10/8 18:37Mon Aug 10 18:37:30 2020In response to Re: FossilTop of thread

Views: 543

Very sad to hear ,he was on the first re structed Supporters club committee,a nice chap RIP Brian

By Carl (carlspickett)10/8 21:58Mon Aug 10 21:58:50 2020In response to Re: FossilTop of thread

Views: 543

RIP Brian.

One particular memory - one Christmas when I was about 9 or 10 he gave me a book of football stories which I loved. He had gifts for a lot of the other kids who used to go down to K's in the 90s too. He was such a kind and gentle soul.

Previous thread: K's draw meaningful friendly on return to action by www.kingstonian.com15/8 21:08Sat Aug 15 21:08:50 2020view thread