ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on forum.kingstonian.net

The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Summer signings by Perth WA KsToday 12:35Today at 12:35:00view thread

Oldest article: Hayden on Haringey by BedfordshireK1/10/2019 17:25Tue Oct 1 17:25:59 2019view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: New Supporters Club Webpages by John Bangs4/7 16:25Sat Jul 4 16:25:26 2020view thread

The ‘Fossil’ Cup

By Butler15/8 15:24Sat Aug 15 15:24:39 2020

Views: 1734

After hearing of the unfortunate passing of our beloved Fossil last week, I thought it’s only right to try and put something together in memory of the great man.

Therefore I have got the wheels in motion of setting up a game between the Surrey Senior Cup winning squad 2006 and Division One South winning squad 2009 for a chance to win the Brian ‘Fossil’ Newman Memorial Trophy. Already had a lot of positive responses from players of both teams and it looks as though there’s a real possibility of making this happen.

Obviously I understand that it’s not possible to put on such an event until it is deemed safe to return to the terraces again, which I’m hoping will be soon. I also hope to get a fair few K’s fans down to this, not only to watch some K’s legends play but also to pay respects to not only a loyal K’s fan but ultimately a lovely bloke.

I have emailed Yiorgos to ask if the club would like to be involved in this. I’m yet to receive a reply but understand he mentioned it during last nights AGM and said the board are definitely behind the idea. So as soon as we are given the green light I will look to arrange a date for this ASAP and all details will be posted on here when we have something confirmed.

reply to this article | return to the front page

8 people like this 8 people   

Re: The ‘Fossil’ Cup

By John Bangs15/8 19:20Sat Aug 15 19:20:20 2020In response to The ‘Fossil’ CupTop of thread

Views: 914

Yes Yioryos did say that the Directors are very supportive of the idea.

Do let us know if you need any assistance from the Supporters Club

2 people like this 2 people   

Re: The ‘Fossil’ Cup

By SDG (SDG (Ks))15/8 16:16Sat Aug 15 16:16:25 2020In response to The ‘Fossil’ CupTop of thread

Views: 969

A great idea and I'd definitely want to get along to that game, two of my favourite Ks sides and it would be a nice tribute to Fossil.

4 people like this 4 people   

Previous thread: This Friday's Supporters Club Annual General Meeting by www.kingstonian.com10/8 20:32Mon Aug 10 20:32:10 2020view thread