ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on forum.kingstonian.net

The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Haringey and Carshalton tickets now available … by LiamKsYesterday 18:22Yesterday at 18:22:12view thread

Oldest article: K's Through to First Round of FA Youth Cup by www.kingstonian.com17/10/2019 11:59Thu Oct 17 11:59:09 2019view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Home to Eastbourne United or Horley Town in the FA Cup by www.kingstonian.com18/8 16:28Tue Aug 18 16:28:01 2020view thread

Matches tomorrow

By a krinkly21/8 19:11Fri Aug 21 19:11:26 2020

Views: 941

Guildford are having a fans allowed match at Crawley Down they are using a special App to be downloaded by attendees, will K's be doing something similar?

https://guildfordcityfc.co.uk/2020/08/21/fans-allowed-at-friendly-tomorrow/

reply to this article | return to the front page

2 people dislike this 2 people

Re: Matches tomorrow

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)21/8 19:36Fri Aug 21 19:36:06 2020In response to Matches tomorrow Top of thread

Views: 613

Simples

1 person likes this 1 person   4 people dislike this 4 people

By Ksuals21/8 20:22Fri Aug 21 20:22:47 2020In response to Re: Matches tomorrow Top of thread

Views: 569

Simples you're having a larf

Ksuals

1 person likes this 1 person   

By John Bangs21/8 23:16Fri Aug 21 23:16:42 2020In response to Re: Matches tomorrow Top of thread

Views: 606

Quite. This sounds unnecessarily complicated . Fine as long as you don’t want younger children, people with a visual impairment, or cognitive difficulties older people who don’t have a smart phone or those who can’t afford one.

It would also put people off attending as it could be a hassle to down load. Some would not get round to downloading the app and not therefore come. As I am writing this, the more I think about it the worse this idea seems.

4 people like this 4 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Alastair22/8 10:04Sat Aug 22 10:04:58 2020In response to Re: Matches tomorrow Top of thread

Views: 547

So...it’s better to get no money through the gate than some money through the gate?

Yes, COVID19 is unfair. It’s disproportionately affecting vulnerable people or people with existing health difficulties. That’s a sad fact of life.

But is K’s strategy seriously going to be that if all our fans can’t attend, none can attend?

My local pub is a much less well-run business than K’s and they have a QR code you have to scan on the way in. It’s straightforward. And it means regulations are met and the pub can open. It also allows them to limit capacity to keep it safe. If you don’t have a smartphone, yes it doesn’t work, and yes that’s not fair. But it does at least mean that 90% of people who want to go can go.

I really don’t think we should be dismissing good ideas. The app does seem overkill but a QR code system would be easy and would work.

2 people like this 2 people   

By John Bangs22/8 10:50Sat Aug 22 10:50:19 2020In response to Re: Matches tomorrow Top of thread

Views: 541

I have just spoken to John Mac and he tells me the Club are going to test the App recommended by the league at a (yet to be announced) home friendly. The Club will also look at the social inclusion issues and look out how to avoid excluding anyone.

More details to follow

4 people like this 4 people   

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)22/8 11:34Sat Aug 22 11:34:28 2020In response to Re: Matches tomorrow Top of thread

Views: 557

Should think so to.
Think you will find out over the weekend some of the clubs who can cope and those who cant
Also those who can cope with the old,the young and the vulnerable and those who cant

4 people dislike this 4 people

By Ali (ali.kazemi)22/8 23:12Sat Aug 22 23:12:48 2020In response to Re: Matches tomorrow Top of thread

Views: 517

The ground was not Covid ready - read into that what you might, and don't assume the worst of our club immediately.

8 people like this 8 people   

By a krinkly22/8 10:24Sat Aug 22 10:24:59 2020In response to Re: Matches tomorrow Top of thread

Views: 549

Unless the vaccine happens soon....right dream on, having a smart phone is going to become more of a necessity than it has been. Doro have models that are aimed at those who find using technology difficult for instance, there's bound to be more appearing.

2 people like this 2 people   

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)22/8 06:09Sat Aug 22 06:09:30 2020In response to Re: Matches tomorrow Top of thread

Views: 555

I know Ks think they are different but testing the way has been tried at snooker and cricket as well the experience of bars,shops and transport.
If can work,it will work but its certainly not easy and it can be costly.Please dont over complicate it and put people off.
It will work for rugby for racing for football at Wembley so lets hope non league football can show the way as we know so well they can

3 people dislike this 3 people

By Ksuals22/8 07:02Sat Aug 22 07:02:24 2020In response to Re: Matches tomorrow Top of thread

Views: 548

Care to list the ways in which you know Ks think they are different re Covid and football?

Ksuals

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)22/8 07:37Sat Aug 22 07:37:49 2020In response to Re: Matches tomorrow Top of thread

Well maybe its not Ks as such but just a negative posting.Lets hope so.
The idea of kids and the less fortunate and those with disabilities being too difficult is total nonsense as one will see at other locations.
A little more thought please.
Fans at Cobham next week.Does that mean kids as well ?

By Damo22/8 09:13Sat Aug 22 09:13:47 2020In response to Re: Matches tomorrow Top of thread

Views: 553

I wonder how our newly appointed diversity officer thinks about hearing elderly people, people with disabilities or kids might struggle at games and we don’t make any necessary arrangements to cater for them?

By Ali (ali.kazemi)22/8 10:01Sat Aug 22 10:01:23 2020In response to Re: Matches tomorrow Top of thread

Views: 553

I think he was saying that's the exact reason not to have an app - for inclusivity - to reduce barriers for those groups.

4 people like this 4 people   

By Ksuals22/8 09:32Sat Aug 22 09:32:59 2020In response to Re: Matches tomorrow Top of thread

My take on John's post was to flag up problems with app for certain people.
Apologies in advance if I am wrong.

I wonder if Ks covid capacity will be enough. Where I work several fans of pro clubs who would never give thought to Worthing FC are saying they will go until pro game starts.

I hope no problems arise with people turning up not allowed in.

Ksuals

Previous thread: Palace Game by Olde School Ks22/8 17:40Sat Aug 22 17:40:31 2020view thread