ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on forum.kingstonian.net

The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: Maldon and Tiptree 3-2 Kingstonian by www.kingstonian.comYesterday 20:35Yesterday at 20:35:461 person dislikes this 1 personview thread

Oldest article: K's Through to First Round of FA Youth Cup by www.kingstonian.com17/10/2019 11:59Thu Oct 17 11:59:09 2019view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Fa cup , Season ticket by Iang1/9 10:21Tue Sep 1 10:21:45 2020view thread

Ticketing Arrangements for Tuesday

By www.kingstonian.com (fwpbot)30/8 15:00Sun Aug 30 15:00:54 2020

Views: 738

Tickets for the Ramsgate match are now available online.

Read the full news item at https://www.kingstonian.com/news/ticketing-arrangements-for-tuesday/1515

reply to this article | return to the front page

4 people like this 4 people   

Re: Ticketing Arrangements for Tuesday

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)31/8 08:03Mon Aug 31 08:03:52 2020In response to Ticketing Arrangements for TuesdayTop of thread

Views: 455

That seems clear and sensible and fair to everyone and although maybe different it is certainly something we will have to get used to in the long term cos this virus is going nowhere soon and therefore we have to make the best of it as these plans seem to do.
I would just ask about the seating plan and the question of the bar.

1 person likes this 1 person   4 people dislike this 4 people

By Ksuals31/8 08:14Mon Aug 31 08:14:55 2020In response to Re: Ticketing Arrangements for TuesdayTop of thread

Views: 442

If the maximum attendance is 300 is the number of season ticket holders who will attend known?
Or is i season ticket holders plus 300?

Ksuals

1 person likes this 1 person   

By John Bangs31/8 10:53Mon Aug 31 10:53:54 2020In response to Re: Ticketing Arrangements for TuesdayTop of thread

Views: 420

The maximum is 300 in total including Season Ticket holders and Patrons but I really don’t think that will be a problem for a pre season friendly. Applications for Season Tickets and Patrons passes are still coming in so we don’t know the number yet.

If Tuesday goes Okay we can then have up to 600. With the possibility of supporters of professional teams buying tickets, it would perhaps be worth buying a season ticket to ensure getting in.

By a krinkly31/8 13:40Mon Aug 31 13:40:50 2020In response to Re: Ticketing Arrangements for TuesdayTop of thread

Views: 354

Or a half season book of tickets.........if K's did such a thing.

By John Bangs31/8 13:48Mon Aug 31 13:48:02 2020In response to Re: Ticketing Arrangements for TuesdayTop of thread

Views: 346

The problem with that is we need to have paperless ticketing.

By SDG (SDG (Ks))31/8 12:55Mon Aug 31 12:55:09 2020In response to Re: Ticketing Arrangements for TuesdayTop of thread

Views: 395

With the possibility of supporters of professional teams buying tickets, it would perhaps be worth buying a season ticket to ensure getting in.

Buying a season ticket will, for various reasons, not be for everyone. I'd hope we could give priority to our own fans over fans of pro clubs - Supporters' Club members for a start? Many are already members and for others it's only a fiver to join.

5 people like this 5 people   

By reximus31/8 13:08Mon Aug 31 13:08:37 2020In response to Re: Ticketing Arrangements for TuesdayTop of thread

Views: 377

I love the idea but I suspect it would make online ticket sales much more complex - I guess you'd need a method of identity/ membership number verification.

rex

1 person likes this 1 person   

By SDG (SDG (Ks))31/8 13:33Mon Aug 31 13:33:40 2020In response to Re: Ticketing Arrangements for TuesdayTop of thread

Views: 360

Yes, you're probably right and I haven't really thought through what we'd do for away fans either. For league games it's probably fine, I can't see us having so much interest from pro fans and groundhoppers that we'd ever reach 600. But if we have another FA Cup run I'd like to see the club do something to look after our longstanding and loyal fans, even if it does add work and complexity to the ticketing.

Edited by SDG (Ks) at 13:33:56 on 31st August 2020

2 people like this 2 people   

By John Bangs31/8 13:57Mon Aug 31 13:57:23 2020In response to Re: Ticketing Arrangements for TuesdayTop of thread

Views: 374

Despite the potential complications, far this does seem an excellent idea and well worth pursuing. The existing simple paper ticking arrangements evolved over 125 years. So far the Club has had days rather than weeks to figure this out. I will talk to John Mac who is assisting John Fenwick with online ticketing so that this at least on the radar.

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)31/8 15:07Mon Aug 31 15:07:56 2020In response to Re: Ticketing Arrangements for TuesdayTop of thread

Views: 362

Not quite true JB
We and others knew for some time many of the things that were coming like social distancing and name tracing but we have done well since rules have relaxed for non league.
Still need to know plan for seating and drinking

1 person likes this 1 person   5 people dislike this 5 people

By Ali (ali.kazemi)31/8 18:05Mon Aug 31 18:05:11 2020In response to Re: Ticketing Arrangements for TuesdayTop of thread

Views: 341

It was said yesterday that this information would be published today. It now has been. Hopefully you can now attend content with this knowledge.

A lot of work has been going on behind the scenes and, as I'm sure you're aware, the goalposts have been repeatedly moved and often at short notice.

Thank you to John Mc in particular for all his ongoing hard work with this - as if being a volunteer didn't have enough demands as it was already.

8 people like this 8 people   

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)31/8 19:57Mon Aug 31 19:57:38 2020In response to Re: Ticketing Arrangements for TuesdayTop of thread

Views: 309

Not quite sure where and how the goal posts got moved but as said done well in getting this far but again seating and drinking arrangements still not there

1 person likes this 1 person   8 people dislike this 8 people

By Ali (ali.kazemi)31/8 20:34Mon Aug 31 20:34:13 2020In response to Re: Ticketing Arrangements for TuesdayTop of thread

Views: 325

So the government and football authorities haven't changed anything then? It was barely a fortnight ago when everything changed.

Information about seating and drinking are definitely in today's news update from the club, in the 'seats' and 'catering' paragraphs.

By BedfordshireK31/8 18:45Mon Aug 31 18:45:44 2020In response to Re: Ticketing Arrangements for TuesdayTop of thread

Views: 315

I hope the goalposts are being sanitised every time they're moved.

7 people like this 7 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

Thanks John (n/t)

By SDG (SDG (Ks))31/8 14:10Mon Aug 31 14:10:37 2020In response to Re: Ticketing Arrangements for TuesdayTop of thread

Views: 334

No text

Previous thread: Welcome to the new Commercial Department! by www.kingstonian.com8/7 20:07Wed Jul 8 20:07:07 2020view thread