ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on forum.kingstonian.net

The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: Virtual Awards Night Update by www.kingstonian.comYesterday 23:57Yesterday at 23:57:05view thread

Oldest article: Saturday's match v Corinthian-Casuals by www.kingstonian.com25/10/2019 12:00Fri Oct 25 12:00:29 2019view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Tickets for Cray Wanderers game by www.kingstonian.com10/9 19:58Thu Sep 10 19:58:58 2020view thread

Erm

By reximus8/9 23:57Tue Sep 8 23:57:39 2020

Views: 590

"The government has announced emergency action ... to ban virtually all gatherings of more than six people in England from Monday"

Does this affect us?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/sep/08/coronavirus-gatherings-of-more-than-six-to-be-banned-in-england

rex

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Erm

By SDG (SDG (Ks))9/9 17:33Wed Sep 9 17:33:23 2020In response to ErmTop of thread

Views: 372

Confirmed by Ollie Bayliss, BBC non-league reporter, that it doesn't. I was expecting that - the previous law only allowed groups for up to 30 so non-league wasn't covered by that either. I assume the principle is that at non-league - or any business enforcing social distancing as it should be - not everyone at the venue counts as a 'gathering' but rather lots of mini-gatherings, socially distant from each other.

But nonetheless it already feels like the chances of this season passing off as normal are slim. With positive tests increasing, more and more players will inevitably test positive leading to games getting called off. Local lockdowns are on the increase, which will surely stop games going ahead with fans (and we know behind closed doors is financially impossible). 300 people have just been told to self-isolate after an outbreak at a charity game in the North East.

I really don't know why last season was called off, it could have been postponed until now and we might have had a chance of restarting, getting the last ten or so games played, and then taking stock on what the new season might look like. Instead it feels like they've gone for the ideal scenario but we'll most likely end up with two disrupted seasons in a row.

2 people like this 2 people   

FA Statement

By John Bangs10/9 18:03Thu Sep 10 18:03:21 2020In response to Re: ErmTop of thread

Views: 295

Confirms what the journalist said so for now at least we play.
https://www.thefa.com/news/2020/sep/10/updated-covid-19-guidance-for-grassroots-nls-wfp-100920

Re: FA Statement

By supahoops710/9 18:57Thu Sep 10 18:57:04 2020In response to FA Statement Top of thread

Views: 231

Thanks John. Tickets booked!

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)9/9 19:13Wed Sep 9 19:13:26 2020In response to Re: ErmTop of thread

Views: 309

I suppose its a case of are you lucky or unlucky
If things stay as they are I guess we can see every game but supporters in Premiership and Championship and League 1 and 2 will have virtually no chance of seing their team.
More games on tv including 15.00 on Saturday but you will need Sky or BT.
Hopefully we all take note of distancing and who knows but if we dont .......well its obvious

By Paddy (Paddy1)9/9 08:33Wed Sep 9 08:33:24 2020In response to ErmTop of thread

Views: 440

The question I ask myself is this:

Does x event contribute a noticable sum of money to those with vested interests? No? Then the rona is very very bad & will end us all. We can't take the risk not for one second.

Does x event contribute a noticable sum of money to those with vested interests? Yes? The rona is under control people just wear your masks, wash your hands, sing happy birthday & it'll be under control there is absolutely nothing to worry about the risk is minimal.

3 people like this 3 people   3 people dislike this 3 people

By supahoops79/9 08:30Wed Sep 9 08:30:36 2020In response to ErmTop of thread

Views: 442

Govt announcement today would suggest organised
Sporting events can go ahead, until Monday.
No mention of specttors.

By John Bangs9/9 13:04Wed Sep 9 13:04:05 2020In response to Re: ErmTop of thread

Views: 378

I have spoken to John Mac and I believe the Club will be seeking clarification from the league. I suspect that there will be similar questions being asked across the whole of England

4 people like this 4 people   

By supahoops79/9 13:33Wed Sep 9 13:33:08 2020In response to Re: ErmTop of thread

Views: 370

Thanks for the update John.

By supahoops79/9 09:05Wed Sep 9 09:05:06 2020In response to Re: ErmTop of thread

Views: 414

'Spectators'

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)9/9 08:46Wed Sep 9 08:46:29 2020In response to Re: ErmTop of thread

Views: 425

As the virus is not being spread at organised well run sporting events with strict social distancing it would be difficult to see rven this inept government curtail our limited support but one may imagine the strict controls will be in place for longer.
We all know how serious the virus is but money talks and if they are not interested in smaller clubs they certainly have a big thing for premiership football

By a krinkly9/9 02:12Wed Sep 9 02:12:56 2020In response to ErmTop of thread

Views: 506

At a guess, yes.

2 people dislike this 2 people

By Ksuals9/9 04:46Wed Sep 9 04:46:07 2020In response to Re: ErmTop of thread

Views: 480

Organized team sports excempt.
Does this mean supports can go?
Details announced today.
I've been to three games at county level two have followed Covid spectator guidelines very well. Alas one did not and if this is the norm I think government would probably shut down football totally ,or ban fans either at clubs failing Covid guidelines or at all matches.

Ksuals

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)9/9 07:33Wed Sep 9 07:33:30 2020In response to Re: ErmTop of thread

Views: 457

Will be interesting today to hear Johnson clarify the muddle he has put us in but for the moment it seems sporting event already outlined may not be affected but of coarse its another shambles from a shambolic government that again leaves us confused

4 people like this 4 people   4 people dislike this 4 people

By old and grey9/9 15:35Wed Sep 9 15:35:01 2020In response to Re: ErmTop of thread

Views: 354

Organised sporting events are EXEMPT.
This also applies to WEDDINGS and FUNERALS so far.

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)9/9 17:07Wed Sep 9 17:07:17 2020In response to Re: ErmTop of thread

Views: 339

Spectator sporting events are coming under review but no change at the moment but many guidlines being put into law as they need tightening.

Previous thread: Pitching In Isthmian Supporters Predictions 2020-21: Kingstonian by Football Web Pages8/9 17:03Tue Sep 8 17:03:07 2020view thread