ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on forum.kingstonian.net

The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: Potters Bar Town match report by www.kingstonian.comYesterday 23:13Yesterday at 23:13:55view thread

Oldest article: Super Hoopsaa by reximus13/10/2019 13:49Sun Oct 13 13:49:27 2019view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Looking for a Silver lining by Perth WA Ks20/9 04:10Sun Sep 20 04:10:26 2020view thread

Lack of singing

By KsOllie12/9 20:40Sat Sep 12 20:40:43 2020

Views: 1450

I noticed a few fans not signing were they personally advised by a the health secretary Mr Hancock

reply to this article | return to the front page

6 people like this 6 people   5 people dislike this 5 people

FAO The Pups.

By Butler13/9 14:10Sun Sep 13 14:10:30 2020In response to Lack of singingTop of thread

Views: 922

What exactly was the problem with you lot yesterday? After various attempts from the left side to get an atmosphere going in the first half it remained pretty much silent on your side.

One thing I’ve always loved about being a K’s fan is that although we might not have the biggest fan base in the league, we certainly have one of the most vocal. No matter how many fans we were outnumbered by we were very very rarely ever out-sung! Yes behind the goal you have your separate groups, but it’s always been like that. As far as I’m concerned when you’re behind the goal it doesn’t matter if your a pup, PKK, Royal Enclosure, Table One or a Grolsch Stand Moaner...if you start a song I will join in.

This coming season looks like it could be a great one and I think we all need to get behind the team. I’m not saying we should hold hands or pretend to be best friends FFS but how about all the while the game is on we’re all together? we’re all K’s after all! I remember when everyone used to be behind the goal at 2.55 ready to cheer the team on the pitch and sing each players individual songs. Be great if we could bring those times back!

Hopefully next Saturday at Cray we can make a bit more noise then yesterday and cheer the K’s on to another victory.

Edited by Butler at 14:13:38 on 13th September 2020

2 people like this 2 people   

Re: FAO The Pups.

By MC13/9 14:46Sun Sep 13 14:46:13 2020In response to FAO The Pups.Top of thread

Views: 824

I thought the noise was pretty good and everyone got behind the team.

"How about all the while the game is on we’re all together?"

I agree. But think the 'left side / right side' chant makes an unnecessary 'divide' between the fans. Don't think a lack of noise was an issue for any other chants.

Thought the atmosphere was good and the club handled the Covid stuff well. Personally thought it was a great day.

4 people like this 4 people   

By KsOllie14/9 09:23Mon Sep 14 09:23:59 2020In response to Re: FAO The Pups.Top of thread

Views: 704

"How about all the while the game is on we’re all together? “ I thought we are during the game even if we all don’t agree with everything

“I agree. But think the 'left side / right side' chant makes an unnecessary 'divide' between the fans. “ SERIOUSLY, it saddens me that you think that. My impression was the song brought us to together while being in the our groups.

1 person likes this 1 person   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By a krinkly14/9 11:30Mon Sep 14 11:30:00 2020In response to Re: FAO The Pups.Top of thread

Views: 700

Macclesfield left/right was superb. One of the better organised chants IMO.

1 person likes this 1 person   

By Butler13/9 15:32Sun Sep 13 15:32:44 2020In response to Re: FAO The Pups.Top of thread

Views: 787

‘I agree. But think the 'left side / right side' chant makes an unnecessary 'divide' between the fans.‘

I disagree with that. I think the left side/right side chant is one that brings us all together. Like I said before we all stand in our separate groups and that’s always been the case. But it used to be that chants were regularly started from all groups and were joined in by everyone behind the goal. I don’t seem to remember many chants starting from the pups area yesterday. I don’t remember much singing at all in the second half which is pretty disappointing seeing as we were winning 4-1.

I know we don’t all get along or see eye to eye but I think we’ve all witnessed in the past how a strong vocal support can make a difference to the game. I’ve been at games where it’s been non stop noise from the K’s fans for 90 minutes, sometimes even whilst being battered! I just think it’s time to bring those days back.

1 person likes this 1 person   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By MC13/9 16:12Sun Sep 13 16:12:10 2020In response to Re: FAO The Pups.Top of thread

Views: 777

Fair enough.

I think people can sing as much as they want and don't really get this determination to dig out people for not making enough noise (especially when it seemed a decent atmosphere to me)

Personally thought everyone seemed to enjoy themselves and have a great day out.

5 people like this 5 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Kingstonian0116/9 11:58Wed Sep 16 11:58:16 2020In response to Re: FAO The Pups.Top of thread

Views: 530

My article seems to offended some people regarding singling.It wasnt my intention to do so What i suppose i was trying to say was that singing in groups there is more chance of spreading the virus through more saliva doing thrown out when singing.Just trying to save people from exposure.Far to many lives have been lost already and those that will get it in future.What i am trying to say is we must all do our bit to save ourselves and others we come into contact with.I love a good chant as well as the next person but be responsible and respectful if others feel obliged to do otherwise.Again sorry for any offence taken.

By LiamKs16/9 17:28Wed Sep 16 17:28:55 2020In response to Re: FAO The Pups.Top of thread

Views: 481

If you come on the forum you will cause offence to someone even if you are just saying good morning.
It's not quite Twitter or Facebook but say what you think and be controversial if you want and let them respond.It's quite friendly really.
Don't mention horse racing or Sutton cos that will get you in trouble even tho there is nothing wrong with either.

3 people like this 3 people   

By Ksuals16/9 16:52Wed Sep 16 16:52:37 2020In response to Re: FAO The Pups.Top of thread

Views: 500

Look 01 as far as can see hard to take offense. You got an opinion and put it forward one would think this what a forum is for.
There are opinions that may well be judged offensive but blimey surely yours wasn't.
Keep posting, don't apologize.

Ksuals

By Butler13/9 18:27Sun Sep 13 18:27:33 2020In response to Re: FAO The Pups.Top of thread

Views: 746

I think you’re slightly missing my point here. Yes people can sing as much as they like or even choose not to sing at all if they don’t want to. I’m not saying that everyone behind the goal HAS to start/join in with chants. What I’m saying is I was disappointed with the atmosphere yesterday. I remember 2004/05 season for example, we were relegated finishing bottom of the league, lost every week but still sung for majority of every game. I understand that might be hard for you get as you wasn’t around during that time but it would be good if we could bring that vibe back.

We have enough noise makers behind the goal to make it happen and really lift the team. On a good day we’re up there with the best in non league however I don’t feel yesterday was one of those days.

Edited by Butler at 18:29:08 on 13th September 2020

By Kingstonian0114/9 15:44Mon Sep 14 15:44:58 2020In response to Re: FAO The Pups.Top of thread

Views: 661

Maybe the silence is because they the respect the government rules for not permitting singing etc. at games at moment.Yes it can be quiet but you can show your appreciation to the team by clapping or something.Dont need to make noise as such and just by being there safely but in numbers is enough appreciation for Hayden and the lads.These are strange times in the world for everyone to live with.However it it here and that all can be done at moment.Dont want it to revert back to no games or even fans.We need to be there for the club but do it responsibly.

6 people like this 6 people   2 people dislike this 2 people

By The PKK (PKK1)14/9 22:01Mon Sep 14 22:01:36 2020In response to Re: FAO The Pups.Top of thread

Views: 608

Dont need to make noise as such and just by being there safely but in numbers is enough appreciation for Hayden and the lads.

I think you misunderestimate how much Hayden and the lads appreciate vocal support.

At the end of the game on Saturday, they came over to the supporters who'd been singing behind the goal. As they all turned to leave and a belated final song finally started up, Hayden turned and acknowledged us again.

The PKK

Edited by PKK1 at 22:02:14 on 14th September 2020

3 people like this 3 people   2 people dislike this 2 people

Re: Singing

By John Bangs15/9 08:57Tue Sep 15 08:57:56 2020In response to Re: FAO The Pups.Top of thread

Views: 577

There is much in what you say about the players appreciating singing in their support.
I must admit that I thought the main issue is ensuring social distancing and that singing when socially distanced is not thought to be a particular risk factor.

John Mac is conducting an update for our Covid 19 risk assessment today and I will ask if this can be clarified.

Edited by John Bangs at 08:58:43 on 15th September 2020

By Ksuals15/9 10:18Tue Sep 15 10:18:31 2020In response to Re: SingingTop of thread

Views: 536

Singing the droplets go further,so social distance greater.
Hats off to stewards supervising that.
As of this moment latest up date from Arun Council my choir still can't meet. Hope football fans don't feds up their luck in being able to enjoy their hobby

Ksuals

3 people like this 3 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By John Bangs15/9 12:19Tue Sep 15 12:19:13 2020In response to Re: SingingTop of thread

Views: 586

There was a recent study from Germany that suggested that singing has no greater impact than talking. We saw the BBC singers at the last night of the Proms so I think we may need to get some updated advice.

By jon tolley19/9 20:26Sat Sep 19 20:26:41 2020In response to Re: SingingTop of thread

Views: 437

official guidance is to be 3 metres apart from anyone singing

By jon tolley19/9 20:30Sat Sep 19 20:30:05 2020In response to Re: SingingTop of thread

Views: 444

that’s not specific to football crowds just generally

of course official guidance is of 1m+ and that isn’t observed either.

everyone has their own level they’re comfortable with. I have no issues with it, cos it’s easy to stand where you wish. but I wouldn’t be chanting unless I was front row.

By Ksuals15/9 13:17Tue Sep 15 13:17:19 2020In response to Re: SingingTop of thread

Views: 544

You pays yer money and you take your survey. To paraphrase

Ksuals

By reximus15/9 12:22Tue Sep 15 12:22:36 2020In response to Re: SingingTop of thread

Views: 566

I love that Ks supporters are being compared with the BBC singers!

rex

By John Bangs15/9 12:45Tue Sep 15 12:45:54 2020In response to Re: SingingTop of thread

Views: 552

And..... I much !preferred your songs to “Rule Britannia “

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)15/9 12:40Tue Sep 15 12:40:20 2020In response to Re: SingingTop of thread

Views: 551

Brilliant
Maybe we can hire the ommunity bus for a trip to the Albert Hall for the singers

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)14/9 23:17Mon Sep 14 23:17:29 2020In response to Re: FAO The Pups.Top of thread

Views: 590

Brilliant and as it should be

2 people dislike this 2 people

By Filipo14/9 17:00Mon Sep 14 17:00:33 2020In response to Re: FAO The Pups.Top of thread

Views: 650

Can you direct me to these £Government rules£ or current legislation on singing at football matches please?

1 person likes this 1 person   2 people dislike this 2 people

Singing

By John Bangs15/9 15:48Tue Sep 15 15:48:37 2020In response to Re: FAO The Pups.Top of thread

Views: 545

I’ve just checked through the rules and FA protocol with John Mac and he has confirmed that, as you infer, there is no rule against singing (provided people are socially distanced).

5 people like this 5 people   

By Ksuals15/9 17:03Tue Sep 15 17:03:49 2020In response to Singing Top of thread

Views: 518

Ks also get by as ,verified by many post,you can still have a conversation as singing is low volume 😂

Ksuals

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)15/9 16:24Tue Sep 15 16:24:52 2020In response to Singing Top of thread

Views: 528

So this whole thread on singing is of people not knowing the rules and guessing.
Stop singing stop nit picking on the pups and work together of singing or not.
Well done JB for your clarification

2 people dislike this 2 people

By reximus15/9 16:51Tue Sep 15 16:51:44 2020In response to Re: Singing Top of thread

Views: 527

Haha, "stop nitpicking" says OSK..!

(OSK complaining about the length of the thread in his SIXTH contribution to it.)

rex

2 people like this 2 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Ksuals14/9 21:12Mon Sep 14 21:12:42 2020In response to Re: FAO The Pups.Top of thread

Views: 593

Ask a neighbour.

Ksuals

By LiamKs14/9 17:37Mon Sep 14 17:37:06 2020In response to Re: FAO The Pups.Top of thread

Views: 622

Sorry they don't exist and if they did should be displayed.
I believe the strange mask in bar situation is under review and somebody sugesting face coverings behind the goal been dismissed.
Let's if we are not familiar with the rules,to not guess them,

By MC13/9 19:16Sun Sep 13 19:16:52 2020In response to Re: FAO The Pups.Top of thread

Views: 730

Fair enough!

Personally all this talk of the support not being together is a bit OTT. I think everyone appreciates you and the others who get the songs going TBH.

Am sure when the chants start up at Cray everyone will get involved and we'll have a good away support

By Butler13/9 19:31Sun Sep 13 19:31:41 2020In response to Re: FAO The Pups.Top of thread

Views: 738

‘Personally all this talk of the support not being together is a bit OTT.‘

Well that’s your opinion but I’m just saying I remember times when we were less successful on the pitch but made more noise. I apologise if wanting our vocal support to be as loud as it can be comes across as OTT to you.

2 people like this 2 people   4 people dislike this 4 people

By MC13/9 20:39Sun Sep 13 20:39:57 2020In response to Re: FAO The Pups.Top of thread

Views: 704

That wasn't quite my point! Obviously the noise thing is your view and we'll have to agree to disagree!

I just think the main thing that makes fans not together (if that is an issue) is stuff like posting a message saying "What exactly was the problem with you lot yesterday?"

I just don't think that really helps togetherness. But that's just my opinion.

6 people like this 6 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Filipo13/9 15:40Sun Sep 13 15:40:05 2020In response to Re: FAO The Pups.Top of thread

Views: 768

We’ve been doing that for longer than I can remember and it does get people singing!

Agree with you Butler, disappointing silence form one side of the terrace yesterday. Let hope everyone can get behind the team on Saturday, the boss certainly appreciates it!

Re: Lack of singing

By Generic_K13/9 12:32Sun Sep 13 12:32:04 2020In response to Lack of singingTop of thread

Views: 816

What exactly would you like us to sign Oliver?

By JM12/9 20:51Sat Sep 12 20:51:26 2020In response to Lack of singingTop of thread

Views: 976

The Pups are a load of bottlers, Ollie. That's what it comes down to.

6 people like this 6 people   3 people dislike this 3 people

By Iang13/9 07:15Sun Sep 13 07:15:30 2020In response to Re: Lack of singingTop of thread

Views: 899

Shocked at the lack of masks or distancing behind the goal to be honest

6 people like this 6 people   2 people dislike this 2 people

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)13/9 12:50Sun Sep 13 12:50:44 2020In response to Re: Lack of singingTop of thread

Views: 797

Dont know why its masks behind the goal in the first place but club rules are club rules.
Think if rules are broken the stewards should be there so is there a suggestion for them or their leader or is it just a other nit pick against the young from the olde

By John Mac13/9 14:37Sun Sep 13 14:37:04 2020In response to Re: Lack of singingTop of thread

Views: 763

All volunteers are fully briefed, on Covid and operational procedures, before every game. They also need to confirm their agreement to working on matchday, in a safe environment.

The rule on mask wearing, is that it's recommended in the main stand, and when moving around the Ground. Also, masks must be worn in the Boardroom and Clubhouse. These are published on the website before every match. There's no recommenadation to wear masks behind the goals, as there is room to be socially distant, and plenty of posters and markings. That said, we need to look at what happened on Saturday and review the risk assessment. Looking at the photos after the match, I agree with Ian Gray that there was too much crowding, and we need to think how to control it. Maybe some announcements over the tannoy system before kick off and at half time would help.

The other observation from yesterday, was that there was congestion near the Boardroom at half time and full time, so maybe we need a one way system.

All suggestions and observations are welcomed. There will be another risk assessment by both Clubs on Tuesday and the results will be published.

COYKs

By MC13/9 15:02Sun Sep 13 15:02:40 2020In response to Re: Lack of singingTop of thread

Views: 773

Personally I thought everything was handled excellently.

Everyone I saw was wearing marks on arrival and when going into the bar.

Behind the goal was noticeably more spaced out than usual. Even when goals went in, people basically kept their distance.

Ultimately I think the organisation was as good as can possibly be expected. Individual fans have to take responsibility for their own actions - and personally I think they did and behaved well.

By peterfile13/9 11:31Sun Sep 13 11:31:14 2020In response to Re: Lack of singingTop of thread

Views: 839

Bedwetter alert!!!

2 people like this 2 people   4 people dislike this 4 people

By Iang13/9 11:48Sun Sep 13 11:48:16 2020In response to Re: Lack of singingTop of thread

Views: 821

Your constructive contribution is appreciated.....

The club did a fantastic job, temperature taking, handing out masks, gel etc. I was just taken aback at the very full behind the goal scenes and especially the mass high 5ing when the young striker scored , understandably excited.
Mostly young guys in there but not all and we have a duty as a community to do our bit.

Apologies if this comes across like as over worrying, that is not my normal demeanor.

I'm off to dry my sheets off x

And that no.11 and EB will score dozens

Sussex ks

5 people like this 5 people   

By a krinkly13/9 13:38Sun Sep 13 13:38:14 2020In response to Re: Lack of singingTop of thread

Views: 804

Wearing standard masks is not to protect the wearer from others, it's to protect others from the wearer. Such a simple concept that seems to be beyond the cognitive abilities of some who believe they are either invulnerable or that catching Covid is no big thing anyway because they are 'young'. Covid effects every major organ in the body, it has been observed in real time causing another brain leeson while the original one was being treated, something never observed before apparently (US medical report back in June). Who knows what might erupt years down the line after having an 'insignificant' dose of Covid. Chicken Pox = possibility of Shingles later in life, why should this new, nasty, complex, additition to the bag of bugs be any different.

Edited by a krinkly at 13:39:46 on 13th September 2020

5 people like this 5 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)13/9 15:21Sun Sep 13 15:21:58 2020In response to Re: Lack of singingTop of thread

Views: 735

Well read from wherever you obtain your info but swap masks for face coverings and realise they are a protection for oneself but primarily for the other person.
Dont quite understand why the bar is not anti covid which requires face coverings.Maybe a good reason but dont know a bar anywhere where you need masking.
I know and understand its first time but it was always a pleasure coming early and watching a Premiership game early and having a pint.
Does this mean its the Maypole then making a late entry to the ground.

By John Mac13/9 15:48Sun Sep 13 15:48:01 2020In response to Re: Lack of singingTop of thread

Views: 761

The restrictions inside the Clubhouse and Boardroom are handed down by the Landlord. The Landlord was delighted with the way our Stewards/volunteers controlled those areas yesterday - all credit to them. We're hopeful that, as a result, the bar will be open for 'indoor drinking' in the near future, with all the usual caveats around social distancing

By Ksuals13/9 18:46Sun Sep 13 18:46:42 2020In response to Re: Lack of singingTop of thread

Views: 729

Interesting mix of views reflecting peoples personal opinions.
My feeling is a general one from watching matches at 3 other grounds. It will not matter how well organized a club is re covid guidelines. If there are enough, not even a majority, games where covid guidelines both specific to football or not are ignored as at a game I was at I can't see the government letting football continue.

Ksuals

By Kingstonian0116/9 15:53Wed Sep 16 15:53:19 2020In response to Re: Lack of singingTop of thread

Views: 484

John Mac,this is what i was trying to say in my posts but i suppose i could have worded it better.

By Ksuals14/9 15:52Mon Sep 14 15:52:42 2020In response to Re: Lack of singingTop of thread

Views: 631

A wry smile at singing or lack of at Ks. My choir still can't meet

Ksuals

By Ksuals15/9 07:13Tue Sep 15 07:13:33 2020In response to Re: Lack of singingTop of thread

Views: 566

Does the rule of 6 apply to those attending football matches?
How many of us fully understand all the Covid guidelines/rules that are relevant to the things we undertake?
More games being called off at county level in West Sussex,clubs withdrawing from F A Cup due to Covid,will fans follow guidelines/rules in enough numbers?

Oh I feel pessimism coming on.

Ksuals

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)15/9 08:48Tue Sep 15 08:48:02 2020In response to Re: Lack of singingTop of thread

Views: 557

Your observation as to covid laws and indeed club rules not being understood can also be applied to restaurants and bars which is why someone in authority should be there to help.
In football terms its very new and confusing to many which is where the stewarding comes in and they should be there to help and advise.

1 person likes this 1 person   3 people dislike this 3 people

By John Mac18/9 16:22Fri Sep 18 16:22:34 2020In response to Re: Lack of singingTop of thread

Views: 466

I agree, the Stewards and all volunteers know what measures we've put in place to keep fans safe. We receive around 50 queries on matchday as to what is permitted, and try to encourage people to write to supporters@kingstonian.com or call 07308 302923 if they have any safety concerns.

I think people generally know what to do, it's well publicised and there is clear signage in the Ground . The issues arise during the match when a goal is scored or emotions are heightened due to events on the pitch. That's when the rules can easily be ignored. I'm reluctant to send Stewards or volunteers into a situation where it puts them at risk, and have decided that it is better to use the PA system if we think there are concerns. Also, there is advice on the Ks website, the ticketing system and on the tickets themselves.

If there's any more that people think we could do, I'm open to all suggestions.

By reximus18/9 16:54Fri Sep 18 16:54:28 2020In response to Re: Lack of singingTop of thread

Views: 451

If there's any more that people think we could do, I'm open to all suggestions.

You seem to know what you're doing. Could you take over from Matt Hancock, please?

rex

4 people like this 4 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

Previous thread: Cray Wanderers 5-1 Kingstonian by www.kingstonian.com19/9 19:56Sat Sep 19 19:56:10 2020view thread