ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on forum.kingstonian.net

The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: Potters Bar Town match report by www.kingstonian.comYesterday 23:13Yesterday at 23:13:55view thread

Oldest article: Prediction v Carshalton Athletic by reximus12/10/2019 11:18Sat Oct 12 11:18:09 2019view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Highlights from last night by Gary23/9 09:56Wed Sep 23 09:56:40 2020view thread

Cheers Boris

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)22/9 12:24Tue Sep 22 12:24:49 2020

Views: 1083

Seems the trialing of supporters at some sporting events is being scrapped by our hard working Prime Minister.
Just waiting for official word but really not looking good so where that is going to leave clubs in our game at all levels is very worrying
It will be good to have table service in the bar on Saturday but after that who knows although we can be sure amongst the PMs total confusion on all matters we will at least have his Brexit disaster to the expense of us all

reply to this article | return to the front page

1 person likes this 1 person   1 person dislikes this 1 person

Re: Cheers Boris

By Iang22/9 13:30Tue Sep 22 13:30:17 2020In response to Cheers BorisTop of thread

Views: 805

So...are we behind closed doors ? Will sat and weds be closed to us

" you're just a s@@t Winston Churchill "

2 people like this 2 people   

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)22/9 13:40Tue Sep 22 13:40:06 2020In response to Re: Cheers BorisTop of thread

Views: 784

Not clear on that.
Certainly stops Premiership and league's below but not quite sure if it is affecting our level.
Need more detail after listening carefully.
You will however be able to pile into the bars for your Premiership team

By Ksuals22/9 13:49Tue Sep 22 13:49:27 2020In response to Re: Cheers BorisTop of thread

Views: 682

Well Johnson did say when the government eased restrictions they could be reinstated.
We were warned

Ksuals

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)22/9 13:53Tue Sep 22 13:53:23 2020In response to Re: Cheers BorisTop of thread

Views: 682

He does say spectaters at professional sporting events but still not quite sure that means us.
Would seem obvious but its Boris so will need to get more clarification.The spectater experiment didnt apply to us so just wait

By Ksuals22/9 15:47Tue Sep 22 15:47:21 2020In response to Re: Cheers BorisTop of thread

Views: 632

If under new rules non cmpliance in hospitality venues lead to owners being fined will that also apply to those responsible for sporting fixtures?

Ksuals

By Perth WA Ks23/9 04:11Wed Sep 23 04:11:48 2020In response to Re: Cheers BorisTop of thread

Views: 528

Living in another country, I wouldn't presume to comment on your politics but with family and friends there I just don't get it.

You are an Island, why didn't they put a hard border on people arriving from overseas straight away. Quarantined arrivals for 14 days and waited until confirmed cases dropped to manageable levels before allowing the public out.

I feel so sorry for you all, you don't know whether you're coming or going.

God knows when this will all end and I can return for a safe visit.

I hope you can still get to games, but I doubt it at the moment.

5 people like this 5 people   

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)23/9 07:03Wed Sep 23 07:03:21 2020In response to Re: Cheers BorisTop of thread

Views: 520

Our friend from Perth tou sound like so many good people here saying early on that we are an island and use it to our advantage to keep the virus out.We didnt and we are paying the heavy price.

By Ksuals23/9 08:11Wed Sep 23 08:11:46 2020In response to Re: Cheers BorisTop of thread

Views: 489

Would closing borders have been able before Covid entered into the country?
I would imagine not,but would it have lessened the spread?
Would the ban on entry remain until Covid can be managed to risk like others viruses?

Ksuals

1 person likes this 1 person   

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)23/9 12:25Wed Sep 23 12:25:15 2020In response to Re: Cheers BorisTop of thread

Views: 463

If we are unable to check people coming in they should not come.
Try as a Brit to get into many countries without proper checking.
Can track and trace 500 people in a pub but not a plane

By Ksuals23/9 15:56Wed Sep 23 15:56:31 2020In response to Re: Cheers BorisTop of thread

Views: 402

If we can trace that well Johnson is right it's world beating.
There is the view the virus was here and established before closing the boarder would have been an issue.
The justification when it became an issue was it would have a negligible effect.
As we have proved we are more than capable of spreading the virus among ourselves.

Ksuals

By Perth WA Ks23/9 12:38Wed Sep 23 12:38:06 2020In response to Re: Cheers BorisTop of thread

Views: 444

Here in WA we have a rigid border with 525 Aussies coming back a week (soon to rise). These are sent straight to secure hotels for 2 weeks quarantine. We are getting huge pressure to open our border to other states but our Premier is standing firm. We have had 9 deaths and life is pretty normal but, if we do get the virus back it will devastate this state as we are so complacent now.

I think the UK needs to go hard until it gets manageable and if that means no fans, then so be it.

Makes the FA Cup defeat slightly irrelevant in the broader picture.

By Iang23/9 13:57Wed Sep 23 13:57:34 2020In response to Re: Cheers BorisTop of thread

Views: 430

I'd be more concerned about the 47c summers and that fossil fuel loving Prem. Birth countries have their challenges.

I hope you are well .

Sussex Ks

By old and grey23/9 16:27Wed Sep 23 16:27:00 2020In response to Re: Cheers BorisTop of thread

Views: 393

During those spring/summer months over 10,000 people
a day from hotspots like IRAN,USA,ITALY AND SPAIN arrived
through HEATHROW ,spreading the virus around the country,
It was crazy not to test them when they arrived, just another
cock-up to go along with the many since then.

By Ksuals23/9 16:32Wed Sep 23 16:32:38 2020In response to Re: Cheers BorisTop of thread

Views: 409

You sure we were able to test those coming in?

Ksuals

Previous thread: Horsham 2-1 Kingstonian by www.kingstonian.com23/9 14:57Wed Sep 23 14:57:00 2020view thread